Start by marking “Hex (The Evolution, #3)” as Want to Read:
Hex

S.A. Huchton

Hex

(The Evolution #3)

A lie is a prison without bars. A captive of the enemy, Candace is forced to confront mistakes and regrets from both sides of the battlefield, including her own. Nothing is simple, and lines in the sand that were once clear have become blurred and indistinguishable. Even the unlikely love she found teeters on the edge of uncertainty. The truth is not always what it seems, ...more
Published May 21st 2014 by Createspace

To ask other readers questions about Hex, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hex

Sassapphras
No. No no no no no. I am so fucking pissed. You know what pisses me off the most, though? The fact that I stayed up throughout the entire night for this shit. Oh, I'm pissed. So much energy wasted. I'm just going to put this out there because I wish I had read this from another reviewer, but Jackson cheats! Why?! Why is it always the male that cheats, and the stupid female always gets back with them, without cheating on them in return? Yes, I'm somewhat vindictive, but it pisses me the fuck off ...more
Jennifer  Ricketts (Donnie Darko Girl)
I received a copy of this book for my stop on the blog tour at Donnie Darko Girl.

I really can't get enough of this series - there are superheroes, hot romance, action, friendship, a kick ass heroine, and the lines between what's right and what's wrong are blurred, just like in real life. In Evolution: HEX, Candace wakes up to find she's been kidnapped and drugged. She has to deal with heartbreaking consequences in the aftermath of actions taken by someone she loves.

This book tore me apart with
Megan
Jul 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Freaking LOVE this whole series! I don't even know where to begin!! I actually had the opportunity to read this whole series a few months ago (<3 you so much Starla!) and I still don't even know how to put into words what I thought of this book.
This is the third and final book in the Evolution series, we have come to love our Superheros more and more (helloooo Jackson) we have also seen the good guys triumph over the bad guys... But are they really the bad guys?!
In this epic finale our favor
Brianna
Jul 23, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
*I received a copy of this book in exchange for my honest review.*

As Evolution: SAGE had another brutal cliffhanger, I found myself immediately diving into this third and final installment in the Evolution series. There were secrets, lies, and more character and relationship development. I found this installment just as good as the previous two, and read it almost straight through.

Candace’s character grew even more throughout the course of this novel. She began to question things, and it mad
Adriana
Jun 07, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
* I received an ARC from the author in exchange for an honest review.

I was lucky enough to get my hands on Evolution: HEX. So I want to firstly thank Starla for allowing me to review (and constantly fangirl) this book. I will be keeping this review short so that I don't spoil it for anyone!

The book picks up a few weeks after the cliffhanger ending of book one. The events of the ending of the previous books lead to Candace drugged and tied. There's no way for her to escape and her friends have no
Kimber Wheaton
Jul 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received this book from the author in exchange for an honest review

My measure of how much I like a book or series is usually centered around how much I think about the characters after I've finished reading. I absolutely loved books one and two in The Evolution Series, loved the characters, the plot, everything. Frankly I was a little nervous starting book three after the climactic cliffhanger in book two. So many authors have taken that plot line in a direction I didn't like.

I'm so happy to s
Deborah Hickey
Jul 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
*I was given a complimentary copy in exchange for an honest review.

I WANT MORE!!!

Evolution: Hex is the third installment on the Evolution series by S.A. Huchton and just like the first two books in the series it is FANTASTIC! I love the style, I love the characters, I love the dialogue and I love the way this series has developed.

Once again we are transported to a world where superheros are not born but are made. Candace is now in the hands of the "enemy", but are they truly the enemy? While she
Mike
Jul 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received a copy of this book in exchange for my honest review.

I just want to wallow around in this book hangover after finishing up this series. Is it really the end? Please tell me there are more on the way! Starla Huchton has managed to flesh out a super powered world wide open for possibilities!

After that cliffhanger of an ending from the previous book, I’m not going to be the one who spoils what happens in this one! Drama, intrigue, secrets, heartache, and action swirl around Candy Cane li
Jackie -Sated Faery
LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS SERIES!!!! I have always loved superheroes so this series was right up my alley! And it certainly did not disappoint. I was completely fascinated from beginning to end! This book in particular was full of surprises and non-stop action! Candace has grown so much and learned to accept herself and all her new abilities. She is incredible inside and out. And Jackson is still bringing HOT to a whole new level. He has also matured a lot since the beginning. While he's still not cal ...more
Amalia Dillin
Aug 06, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romantic
I really wasn't sure how this was going to wrap up as I reached the final 10% of the book, but it ended up being a pretty satisfying conclusion! I'm even sorely tempted to read the next book in the following companion series. The world Huchton builds is fascinating and fun, and people who love superheroes should definitely be reading these books!
Elizabeth Otvos
Great ending! I was sad when I thought this was the last book. Doing the happy dance when I found out the next generation was soon to come. Can't wait to see what will happen in the next.
Chris Cannon
Jun 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book. I can't wait for the next one in the series.
Crazy Obsession Book Club
Evolution: Hex starts us off with Candice in the hands of the Hex organization. The story progresses at a quick pace, which fits with this book as it is an action. adventure as well as a romance. This book was just as excellent as the others. Jackass Jackson evolved from the first book as a total jerk to finally he became someone I could actually like. His devotion to Candice was one of the things I loved about him most.

You can read this review on my blog: https://crazyobsessionbookclub.blogsp..
cat reads
The snorting has thankfully abated to annoying levels rather than being the go-to expression for god damned everyone.

Inappropriate giggling takes the place of snorting, soooo, they've 'evolved' from snorts to giggles. In the middle of a blood splattered attack? Let's giggle! Guns pointed at us? Giggle! There are occasional chuckles and smirks mingled with all the giggling, but giggling is the predominate response to everything by everyone.

So, for content, this isn't a terrible YA series. I lik
Amanda Clement
Jul 31, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
There's cheating and it ruined the whole book.
Rachel Barnard
Jan 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
“The line between enemy and ally wasn’t a line at all; it was a fuzzy, ever-shifting radius of complexity and situational dependency. (Page 34).

In this final installment in the Evolution Series, Candace must once again be strong in her convictions and in her abilities and relationships to get through tough times and save the day. She was kidnapped at the end of Book Two and now is imprisoned in enemy territory. Not everything she has been told about Hex and Dr. Ferdinand are true, but is everyth
Hannah L (Reviewer)
description
As the third and final instalment of the Evolution series, Evolution: Hex is the conclusion of the adventures of Candace Bristol. Captured by HEX Candace is thrown into a new adventure with it's own challenges and dangers.
I really enjoyed Evolution: HEX. I feel like it was the best book in the entire series, which is truly rare. I have not read many series that just got better further you get into it. I felt Evolution: HEX is the most productive book in the series when it came to story tellin
Paul Lawrie
The first book in this series worth 5 stars, easily. It was full of vivid characters, wonderful world building, and the interactions and dialogue were witty and amusing.

The second book a little less so, and the third book... ugh.

Stop reading if you don't want ANY hint of a spoiler.

Basically (without spoiling too much) the entire book is about a couple of people with multiple personality disorders constantly changing their minds about relationship status and forcing us to go along for the ride. P
Melissa Hayden
I don't want to say to much and give away the ending of this AMAZING! trilogy. You have to read it to get the full effect and the answers.

Candace is on the other side of the fence now. She's seeing things that she was told about. But are they the way she was told they were? Candace is a strong willed and minded person. She experiences and then evaluates the way things are considering what she's being told. That's what makes Candace stand out for me. She's grown through the trilogy and sees thing
A.F. Grappin
Jan 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I don't think there could have been a more fitting ending to the Evolution series than this book. Huchton made good on all the promises she made with ANGEL and SAGE and left us with a conclusion that made me want more in the best way. The trilogy is complete in itself, but it does lend the reader to more wants for books in this version of our world.

The addition of insight into the HEX organization gave a great deal of new material in characters and interpersonal conflicts to Candace and her frie
Kenttrell
Mar 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awesome series. I was totally surprised by the connection of the unstables and Supers. So many things from the first book of series began to connect...especially the unstables involvement. The understanding of what the true motivation of Dr. Ferninand and her creation Hex was made clear. AND...there will be more. I was ecstatic so see the beginning of the Chronicle of isle. What will happen with the Angels and Hex in the future? Whats going to happen with Jackson, Candice, Gabe, Mica and all the ...more
Jessica Surgett
Apr 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-i-own
This book put me through the ringer. I have never had such a strong reaction to a book. I actually gave it 4 stars originally because I was so incredibly angry at one of the characters, lol. But, after taking some time to cool off, I realized that the fact that I had such an intense reaction to a fictional person meant this book deserved 5 stars.
This entire series is simply amazing. Starla is a genius and every time I finish one of her books I have the urge to drop down and do a "We're not wort
Jessica
Evolution: HEX... What a conclusion! I figured it was headed this way after SAGE. I love where the characters ended up, even if I got close to really disliking Candace along the way. She almost became a person I couldn't stand, but in the end she's a strong character who, despite having a lot put on her plate, figured it out and came out the other side victorious.

I can't wait for the next series! It should be interesting :)
Jessirie
Feb 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The final book. tsk. I loved every minute of reading this trilogy. How nostalgic..from someone just starting to live her dreams, to becoming the dream of the others, her journey was really...*sigh*

There is nothing to be said more. However, I'm curious as to what happened when Chuck shifted at the end. (view spoiler)
Fiorela
Mar 25, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This book centered too much in the relationship between Candance and Jackson, so for me was over the top, too much drama, I agree with Gabe, just as the SAGE, everything else was enhanced, Candance became extra sassy, ok there was some evolution in her character as well as Jackson, but everything seems so perfect and then things work-out really easy. I was hoping for something more complex.

Deanne King
Mar 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this series and read all three in week. Really enjoyed reading a book with such a strong female character. My only criticism is that I have to wait for the next book to be released before I can enjoy more of the angel universe.
Joi Godfearing
Aug 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love...love...love

Loved the series. Thought I wouldn't with the superheroes but it was a great read. Will definitely read again soon
Jsutherland
Jul 21, 2015
Rohan McElwee
Mar 30, 2017
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • The Stillness of the Sky (Flipped Fairy Tale #2)
  • Get Me (The Keatyn Chronicles, #6)
  • Edge of Truth
  • Never Let You Go (The Prophecy of Tyalbrook, #2)
  • Purpose
  • Pretty When She Destroys (Pretty When She Dies, #3)
  • Obsidian Eyes
  • Broken Gates (The P.J. Stone Gates Trilogy #2)
  • The Animal Under the Fur
  • Moonfall: Tales from the Levant
  • Galilee Rising (Galilee Falls Trilogy, #2)
  • Visionary Unleashed (Visionary, #1)
  • See You in Hell (Mel Goes to Hell, #2)
  • Aequus (The Royal Protector Academy #2)
  • A Matter of Forever (Fate, #4)
  • History of Fire (A Dark Faerie Tale #5; Elemental Fire #1)
  • Redemption
  • Path Unchosen (Daughter of Ravenswood #1)
Titles published as S.A. Huchton contain material only suitable for adults.
Titles published as Starla Huchton are suitable for ages 13 and up.

The Evolution (3 books)
  • Angel (The Evolution, #1)
  • Sage (The Evolution, #2)