Start by marking “Still Waters” as Want to Read:
Still Waters

Read Book

Still Waters

Most people in the small town of Jefferson thought she had it all – beauty, brains, money, status. It seemed that everything came easily to Hartley Preston. And then there was her boyfriend David, good-looking, charming and on his way to the top just like she was.

But no one knew better than Hartley that things aren’t always as they seem.
After making a devastating discover
Published October 15th 2015 by Rebecca Addison

To ask other readers questions about Still Waters, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Still Waters

Anne OK
Nov 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2015-reads
From a fresh new voice in contemporary romance, Rebecca Addison writes an impressive debut veiled in love and loss, a family’s long history of keeping secrets, redemption and starting over. My five-star rating is based on the fact that I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book from cover to cover. I will definitely be on the lookout for future books by this author.

The Preston family hierarchy is hiding business secrets that are not only tearing the family apart but, when the truth is finally revea
Anna
Oct 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The way i rate a book is by how much i neglect my family when i'm reading it.
Still waters was read on my phone in snippets..locked in the bathroom, in the bedroom while the kids were watching t.v, in the car in the brief yet excruciatingly long time it takes my kids to buckle up.
I become one of those people constantly staring at their phone.

Needless to say i REALLY enjoyed this book.

The female lead is strong, intelligent and knows her mind.. Hallelujah!
The Author hit all the right buttons, i fe
Lauren
Loved it. Easy 4.5

Super-smart Hartley Preston finds herself in over her head after a worrying discovery in her work as a talented research scientist, and flees to the sleepy coastal town of Twin Heads to figure out what to do next. Crew Sullivan happens to be in town too - but Crew is always fleeing. Until Hartley.

I was lucky enough to get my hands on an advance copy of Rebecca Addison's debut novel, Still Waters. This genre - New Adult - is always a bit risky for me, I don't read them often and
Kylie Buchanan
Oct 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Occasionally I find it hard to get into books, struggling though the first two chapters before I wrap my head around where its going. This was NOT the case here and I was drawn in from the first words. I LOVE that the author has written a romance with a strong and smart female lead who has her own stuff going on. It is so refreshing! I was very sad to finish this completely absorbing book.
Michelle van Rij
Nov 09, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: november-2015
First of all, I liked this book. I didn't seem able to put the book away and I just wanted to keep on reading. That doesn't mean that I don't have a couple of points I didn't like though.

The story is about two people, Crew Sullivan and Hartley Preston, with a lot of problems and secrets. Hartley found out about some incriminating information which led her to see that her boyfriend and father aren't the credible and loving people she believed them to be. So, she ups and leaves to a town called T
Kylie
Sep 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
The key to enjoying a book in a genre that you don't usually read is for the characters to mean something to you. And that is what happened for me with this gem.

Home, what does home mean to you? Is it the place you go to every night? Or the person...

Hartley is not your pouting rich-girl princess, needing a man to fix everything for her. In fact, now that her safe little world has been blown apart by her discovery that her father and her boyfriend are not the honest, decent people she needs them
Aimee
Nov 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was drawn into this book from the very first chapter. It started off with a bang and I instantly loved Hartley as a character. She had so many characteristics that I found so likeable and even though I wish she had been honest with Crew a little sooner, I understand why she didn't. I also loved Crew so much. Even though he is really damaged and hurting on the inside, there are so many things about him that made me smile. The playful banter between Hartley and Crew was so easy and they just got ...more
Amity
Nov 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: new-adult
4.5 stars. I loved it.

"Humans are the cancer of Earth." I saw this quote earlier and it is just so true. Without us, the Earth would be thriving. Forest will remain forest and animals can live their happy lives. This is a small part of the story but it felt important. It is important to me.

The story itself is a love story about two people with complicated backgrounds. They meet in a small town. They fall in love. Then life catches up to them. I really liked the story. Everything happened in the
Ange Dent
Sep 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Tabs
Sep 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
What an excellent debut NA from this Author. I found the story brilliant and intriguing. Was interesting reading the story or Crew and Hartley. Different names for characters which I liked as it is different. Hartley's bid for freedom from her father and boyfriend and Crew's bid for freedom from his past demons. A beautifully written story of 2 people entwined.
I'd love to read another from this author. I hope she continues to write more in this genre.
Sep 23, 2015 rated it liked it
I liked this book, but I have to be honest and say I didn't love it.
I agree with a lot of the other reviews, that it was well written for a debut novel, but just felt that the plot was nothing new.
The first chapter had me thinking it would be more of a suspense type novel but instead it was easy to predict what was going to happen and I felt this let the book down in some ways.
Joan
Sep 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
I was lucky enough to get a ARC of this book and it truly was an amazing book which I struggled to put down. The characters are every easy to relate to and you almost feel like your part of the story.

Can't wait to read more from this Author.
Sergey Lenkevich
I won this book through Goodreads First Reads
Thank You, Rebecca, for sending me the free signed copy of the book
********
Crew struggles with his inner demons those poison his days and pursue his nights
Hartley tries so hard to find the right decision to solve the dilemma that ruins her life
They meet each other and there is the instant reaction that transforms their lives
Regeneration of souls, brand new selves and regained faith in future
The stormy coasts and the tropical forests are background for
Nancy
Apr 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
***I was lucky enough to have won this book through Goodreads First Reads***
I LOVED THIS BOOK!!! I was totally hooked from the get go! This was a very well written debut book. I was happy to finally read a story with a very strong willed woman! Hartley did not take any crap from her family nor douchebag boyfriend David. Issues with the company she works for, which is owned by her father, causes her to leave to ponder what her next move would be. She meets Crew who has deep issues of his own and
Angela
Oct 09, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was fortunate to be given an ARC of this book.

The characters are intriguing and it is a romance without drunken girls nights, lipstick, heels and an obviously impossible love interest. It is two people drawn together yet being set apart by their past and potential futures. We get into the heads of both the main characters which gives a nice balance to each perspective and I definitely wanted to keep reading to find out what happened next. The prose is rich in detail and I felt like I was reall
Vicky
Nov 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received this book in an exchange for an honest review. This story is about Hartley and Crew. Hartley has a fallout with her dad and boyfriend David which causes her to leave and move in with her best friend. There she meets hottie Crew who had something tragic happen in his past which has caused him to push happiness away because he feels he doesn't deserve it. There was a twist in the end I don't want to spoil it though but it was good. Although I did like the story I wished there would've b ...more
Anita Murrell
Oct 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is my very first book review on Good Reads, and what a way to start!
I was very fortunate to receive an ARC of this book, and once I started it I struggled to put it down. NA is not usually a genre I enjoy, but Still Waters had me hooked. I quickly identified with Hartley (thanks to a shared background in Environmental Science and summers spent at geeky science camps) and particularly felt for her as she struggled with loyalty, family ties and doing the right thing. Crew is an intriguing ma
Mel
Sep 13, 2015 rated it liked it
I read this book as an ARC and I am pleased to say that this is a good one.

Hartley found out some stuff about her family and her company that made her question her role in both so she ran and ended up in a beach town. She met a guy who didn't necessarily want to found; throughout the book you will read their POV. This was very well done, it was easy to hear their voice.

The story flowed well and I found that I was very invested in what was going to happen next with the characters. Who you learn
Jessica Harris
Sep 29, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Tammy Tate
Nov 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed reading this book. It drew me in fast. Hartley was a strong and smart girl. She come from a well off family that let her down after she found out something going on that she didn't approve of. So, she ran.
Crew was a sweetie. I enjoyed his character. He was broken from something that happened in his past and was having a hard time overcoming it. Hartley was good for him. I just wish she would have told him her secret sooner so some things could have been avoided. Overall this was a gre
Stacey
Nov 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ok I didn't just like this book I Absolutely loved it .
Hartley is a good who's always dine what's she's told by mummy and daddy
The goodie good girl .
Perfect life perfect job blah blah , but all is not what you think....
Crew Sullivan a lifetime of torment for things he feels he deserves .
A twist of fate brings them together but also rips them apart
What and who could help , of will help
The story us amazing it flies beautifully , it a fab read and I can't swig for the next book
Easy 5
Muffin
Sep 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I was lucky enough to receive and ARC copy of this book.

This is a New Adult book that will also appeal to older readers. I loved the story, the characters and the build up of the plot line. As I read I was left wondering what would happen next, Every twist and turn had different options and the story did;t follow the obvious paths, I loved this.

I also loved the characters and the strong female lead was well written.

My 5 stars are for the above reasons and because I had to lock myself away from
Sandra Sunkel-Lozell
Oct 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I often struggle to get engrossed in books these days. I guess I have a short attention span. I took Still Waters away with me when I knew I'd have some spare time. I couldn't put it down. All the other things I was supposed to be doing got ignored while I read this straight through late into the night. Still Waters is engaging and entertaining, it’s well written with a strong, intelligent female protagonist. Loved it, and will be waiting eagerly for the next book Rebecca Addison writes.
I receiv
Bettina Sivyer
Nov 06, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this book. It was quick and emotional read. Both characters are dealing with heavy issues. Crew is haunted by the past and Hartley is trying to deal with her present. But they managed to find each other in the centre of all their turmoil. I felt like the end was a bit rushed. All the loose ends of the story were wrapped up very quickly and suddenly. But it didn't effect my enjoyment of this book. I still give it high praise.
Kylee Richards
I received this book in exchange for my honest review.

I thought that this book was well written. I'm not a big fan of instalove which I thought happened in this book. They didn't know each other for long or spend much time together before they were in love.
Though I thought the plot was good. I like the common ground that they shared. I would read more by this author.
Kerryn Garvie
Sep 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. Right from the first chapter I was hooked and I couldn't put it down. I really appreciated the strong female character and being taken along for the ride as she grew, faced struggles, and got to know herself better. This book tells a smart, imaginative and heartfelt love story and I can't wait to read this debut author's next novel!
Bec
Oct 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I was super lucky to get an ARC of this wonderful book!
Very well written, compelling characters and a storyline I couldn't put down. The characters were real, relatable and fun to follow their journey through the pages.

I feel like this book is one that many people could relate to in various ways and is going to be on my recommendation list for others to read.
Rosie
Sep 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The New Adult genre isn't one I would lean towards, but I absolutely loved this book.

It was perfect escapism for me, the main characters became my friends who I cared for.

I love the way Rebecca Addison has written this novel from two points of view, each chapter feels fresh with clearly distinct voices.

I look forward to reading more from Rebecca!

Jacqlin
Oct 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
I was fortunate to receive an ARC copy of this book. I started reading it on a rainy Saturday morning and didn't get any of my chores done as I couldn't put the book down until I knew how Heartly's story ended! An engaging read.
Nicole Robertson
Oct 07, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I read this in a day, which is a sign I like a book! I really liked Crew and Hartley and rather than just another romance, there was an actual story to it which kept me hooked. Would love to read another book by this author.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Wild at Heart  (The DeMarco Family, #2)
  • Phantom's Touch (Phantom, #2)
  • Life Change
  • Intersexion
  • Thieves Never Steal in the Rain
  • Disengaged
  • Finding Lucas
  • A Sweet Life Boxed Set (Fourteen Contemporary Romances by Bestselling Authors to Benefit Diabetes Research)
  • Finders Keepers (Jane Barnaby Adventures #1)
  • Just a Wish Away (Wish, #2)
  • Elvis and the Dearly Departed (A Southern Cousins Mystery, #1)
  • Snowbound
  • Life at the Speed of Us
  • Stars Collide (Backstage Pass, #1)
  • Dork To Dirty (Don't Judge A Book #1)
  • Rainbows and Roses
  • Outer Core (Stark, #3)
  • Swaying
Rebecca Addison grew up in Wellington, New Zealand in a home where there were books in every room. She spent her childhood reading everything she could find and writing stories in the notebooks she bought with her pocket money. She wrote her first full length chapter book when she was seven, a comedy about a family of alligators, and hasn't stopped since.

In 2010, Rebecca settled in the Blue Mounta
“I see you everywhere, in the stars, in the river; to me you are everything that exists; the reality of everything." V.W” 0 likes