Start by marking “Wiser Than Serpents (Mission: Russia, #3)” as Want to Read:
Wiser Than Serpents (Mission: Russia, #3)

Wiser Than Serpents (Mission: Russia #3)

4.13  ·  Rating details ·  337 Ratings  ·  27 Reviews
Into a nest of vipers…

Her sister had vanished, trapped in a human slavery ring. To find her, FSB agent Yanna Andrevka arranged her own kidnapping into Taiwan’s sex-trafficking trade. And found herself with no way out.

Until Yanna discovered an ally deep undercover: Delta Force captain David Curtiss. He was after the kingpin of the Twin Serpents, the organized crime syndicat
Published June 1st 2008 by Steeple Hill

To ask other readers questions about Wiser Than Serpents, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wiser Than Serpents

Pygmy
Arya
Jun 22, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Is Agent Andrevka on a mission of suicide...? She is obviously not being reasonable, as an agent that has not used her field operation knowledge since her training, Yenna decides, well... she'll go ahead and try to take on one of the worlds biggest human trafficking rings, the Twin Serpents, not suprised yet, well here's the real rub, she's going to attempt to do this alone. Good thing for her Delta captain David Curtiss is her friend, rather than the American being the FBS agent's worst nightma ...more
Jun 02, 2008 added it
Just finished this one. A great fictional way to have you eyes opened to the plight of people around the world sucked into the world of human trafficking. I read it in one night.
Gretchen
Dec 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
Wiser Than Serpents is Book 3 in the Mission:Russia series. I had not read the first two books. This one caught my interest because it deals with human trafficking, something I wanted to understand a little better.

The main character, Yanna, has a sister who finds a husband via the internet. She leaves Russia for the United States to marry this man she has never met and gets caught in a human trafficking ring.

Yanna, an FSB agent, then signs up to find a husband and allows the same thing to happen
Michelle
Susan May Warren really knows how to write suspenseful tales about unrequited love. Wiser than Serpents contained such passion and spiritual depth that it took my breath away. I loved her Josey series because it's so funny, but I really loved Wiser than Serpents because of the depth of emotion between the main characters in the book. It amazed me how much serious brutality (as in blood and guts) was allowed in this Steeple Hill book. But it was necessary to make the storyline believable. I was i ...more
`Candle
Aug 02, 2011 rated it it was amazing
It's amazing at what David is willing to sacrifice for the woman he loves and even more amazing is what he is willing to do to stay in the will of the God he serves. He struggles with the depths of evil he has to become a part of in order to bring justice to the underworld of the slave trade; and he struggles with his love for an unbeliever. Being human, he has wants like any other man but his spiritual side wars with his fleshly side. Christians can appreciate this nuance but others may not get ...more
Susie Grant
Feb 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Susan May Warren is at the top of my list as a Christian writer. I fell in love with both David "Preach" and Yanna but have to admit that David was really "too good to be true". His ethics were admirable and uncompromising even though he is deeply in love with an unbeliever.
I especially loved the humor in tense situations with the ongoing dialog each character had with themselves! This kept me chuckling throughout the book.
This is part of a series and since other characters are involved from pr
Cindy
Dec 08, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: finished
This is a cute story of a two people in love yet unwilling to admit the attraction. In the midst of that story is the reality of "Trafficking"; Yanna's sister is missing in that trafficking and Yanna is going to find her. Even when the man who professes to just be friends, and she is in love with tells her she going back home instead of finding her sister.
The story is a good romance story but lacking in action, thus I gave the book four stars.I liked the characters and their interaction. Good r
Marylin
Mar 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-reviewed
LOVED This Book!

My heart cries out whenever I hear about human trafficking! If only we can stop this horrible crime from happening. This book tackles this subject and more. It shows the intricate struggles of many countries and the vast problem this is.
Yet woven in this book is the sweet story of a love for a woman who feels unworthy of love. Also in this story the author shows us a love of a man that is true and deep.
This book is a great ending of the Mission: Russia series. It brings the oth
Suzanne
Apr 06, 2009 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this novel. It kept me engaged wondering what would happen from moment to moment. I needed something that would be a lighter read after all the heavy stuff I have been reading. I enjoyed Yanna and the journey she goes through trying to locate her sister that was caught up in the underground slave trade. I of course enjoy a good read that has a strong male character.. and this one had a few!
Lorell
Aug 09, 2011 rated it really liked it
Another great novel from Susan May Warren. It took awhile for the story to pick up speed and for the suspense to build, but once it did, I was hooked in. The author not only provides an interesting read, but touches on the sensitive subject of human trafficking and the growing problem it poses the world.
Shelly
Jul 13, 2008 rated it liked it
I liked the characters in this book and found them funny at times. However, this book was just not thriller-y enough for me. The author seems to have a great sense of humor, so I look forward to reading more of her books.
Michelle
Aug 04, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Dee Henderson Fans
I have fallen in love with this author's stuff..if you like Dee Henderson's "true heroes" series, you will love this series. A Russian agent finds herself entangled in a human slavery ring after her sister mysteriously disappears. This kept me on the edge of my seat!
Melanie
Jul 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Great book. An interesting topic as we are becoming more aware of human trafficking. If you enjoy Christian suspense you will like this book. The very end could have been a little more suspenseful but overall a great end to the series.
Rebekah
Jun 29, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Those who enjoy a little suspense and romance.
I really enjoyed the plot of this book and the refreshing look it took on being unequally yoked. It was also a great reminder to me of God's provision to us as believers when we follow His will for our lives.
Janet
Jun 14, 2009 rated it it was amazing
suspenseful read!
Jessica (^_^)
May 07, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: adult
Awesome book. Third in a series. She is an awesome author.
Elizabeth Greutman
Nov 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Loved it
Stacey
Apr 20, 2012 rated it really liked it
I wasn't sure I was going to like it at first, but I really got into it. This is a great book!
SheLove2Read
Jan 03, 2009 rated it liked it
Had potential but got lost along the way. ;-(
Tina
Sep 24, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Love this book--especially since I've read it whilst living in Taiwan!
Patti
Sep 17, 2012 rated it really liked it
I really liked the way SM Warren dealt with the potentially unevenly yoked relationship. That she dealt with it at all is a plus, even more so the way she dealt with it.
Wendy
Jul 01, 2008 rated it really liked it
I'm not a big suspense fan, but I am a big Susan May Warren fan. Exciting and eye-opening book about human trafficking.
Mary Fitch
Aug 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love this story

Suspenseful and hard to put down. Loved the whole series of Mission: Russia. Loved the characters in each book and the author ties their stories altogether!
Sophie
Oct 04, 2009 rated it really liked it
Good, but similar to other Susan May Warren plots. David & Yanna just need to get married!
Marylin
Jan 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-reviewed
This book is a great ending of the Mission: Russia series. It brings the other characters in a
Tammerlee
Nov 14, 2015
Noelle Marchand
Jul 08, 2011
Carol Siacotos
rated it did not like it
Feb 03, 2014
Cynthia
Mar 26, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • Oksana (Heirs of Anton, #4)
  • Blood Brothers (Dead Man's Rule #2)
  • Firethorn (Discarded Heroes, #4)
  • The Edge of Recall
  • Sworn to Protect (Call of Duty, #2)
  • Reluctant Burglar (To Catch a Thief #1)
  • Undercover Bodyguard (Heroes for Hire, #6)
  • Blood Lines (NCIS, #3)
  • House of Wolves (An August Adams Adventure, #2)
  • Injustice For All (Justice Seekers, #1)
  • Forsaken (Taylor Pasbury, #1)
  • Dangerous Allies (WWII, #1)
  • Falls Like Lightning
  • In Harm's Way (Heroes of Quantico, #3)
  • Murder at Granite Falls (Big Sky Series, #4)
  • Protection for Hire (Protection for Hire, #1)
  • Try Darkness
I can't help be amazed at the gifts God has delighted me with - a wonderful husband, four amazing children, and the opportunity to write for Him.

I've been writing as long as I can remember - I won my first book writing contest in first grade! Over the years, writing has become, for me, a way to praise God and see Him at work in my life.

Although I have a degree in Mass Communications from the Unive
More about Susan May Warren...

Mission: Russia (3 books)
  • In Sheep's Clothing (Mission: Russia, #1)
  • Sands of Time (Mission: Russia #2)