Start by marking “The Endless Knot (The Song of Albion, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Endless Knot (The Song of Albion, #3)

The Endless Knot

(The Song of Albion #3)

Fires rage in Albion: strange, hidden fires, dark-flamed, invisible to the eye. Llew Silver Hand is High King of Albion, but now the Brazen Man has defied his sovereignty and Llew must journey to the Foul Land to redeem his greatest treasure. The last battle begins, and the myths, passions, and heroism of an ancient people come to life as Llew faces his greatest test yet.< ...more
Published September 3rd 2006 by Thomas Nelson (first published 1991)

To ask other readers questions about The Endless Knot, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Endless Knot

Start your review of The Endless Knot (The Song of Albion, #3)
Branwen *of House Targaryen*
I won't lie, when I got to the end of this book I cried. Not only because it was such a touching and emotional ending, but also because I knew it was the end of my stay in Albion. This series...it's simply amazing. I know I've said this before, but the characters in this series are so incredibly full of honor and virtue, it makes you wish you knew them in real life. And Albion itself is such a beautiful land of wonder and beauty that you can't help but wish you could live there forever. There is ...more
Cole
Jul 18, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Song of Albion is an amazing series! If you have an interest in Celtic mythology, do yourself a favor and read it.
Douglas Hayes
I have just re-read (for the umteenth time) The Song of Albion Trilogy - and loved it as much as I did the first time.

Lawhead is an outstanding writer that knows how to bring historical fiction to life. He writes as a Christian, without destroying the storyline with awkward Christian-esque metaphors, allegories and evangelical slogans.

In this series one cannot help but think of the main character as a Christ figure, and yet it is set in an alternate ancient pagan Celtic religious co
Rondi Olson
Feb 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
One of the things I really enjoyed about this series was Albion. More than a location, it was part of the story, a character with its own feelings and motives. Early on in THE ENDLESS KNOT, Llew (Lewis) informs us he will never return to Albion, and honestly, I mourned Albion the rest of the book. What? No more Albion? Instead, the bulk of this book takes place in The Foul Lands, which, aside from some cool beasts, was a little disappointing. I'm still not sure how The Foul Lands became foul, or ...more
Danial
May 29, 2015 rated it did not like it
Shelves: fantasy
I just #canteven.

While Lawhead did manage to end his love affair with exposition, his entire premise went out the window with this finale. We went from (re)building a kingdom in a rich tapestry of this fictional world to... erhm... fighting ghosts and demons. I, I couldn't finish it. I made it about 80% through the book and just quit. To jump the shark in such a cataclysmic way after working through two (very interconnected) books is unforgiveable.

I just #canteven.

Blog | Twitter | Facebook | Google Plus
Liana
THIS BOOK is by far the saddest and most depressing of the entire trilogy ...! I'll have to warn you that the ending isn't exactly a happy one... but it's GOOD ok?! REALLY GOOD - READ IT! NOW! It's actually my favorite of the trilogy! I loved what the characters had to go through and enjoyed how they emotionally handled themselves... I thought it was beautiful. I don't wanna give away too much, but I will say that (view spoiler) ...more
Krista
Jan 06, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked this trilogy. A lot. However, I must admit the third book was a little too descriptive for my taste. I would skip a sentence here and there, then a paragraph or two as I scanned the text for some sign of moving the plot forward. I may have even skipped a handful of pages near the end when the author rambled on about the changes in the landscape. An odd pacing choice for a climatic scene.

I would recommend this series to anyone who enjoys epic fantasy that follows in the Christian traditi
Eclaghorn
Dec 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Best fiction I read all year. Incredible storytelling. A fantasy work of an otherworldly, Celtic land where life is purer, more real; until invaders from our world find a way in, bringing corruption; and redemption. Dare I call this Lewis or Tolkien like? Yes, like Lewis but not enough to be as epic as LOTR. So much to love here.
Kat  Hooper
Mar 31, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: audiobook
I won't give any spoilers, but this well-written trilogy comes to an exciting, surprising, and fulfilling conclusion in this third book. I don't usually read a series twice, but I will read this one again. It was terrific! Read more Stephen Lawhead novel reviews at Fantasy Literature
Barbara Stryker
Oct 01, 2014 rated it really liked it
In the story you will learn of ancient Scotland. If you like Tolkien and CSLewis you will likely let enjoy this series. Read carefully and you will be able to pick out the story of the Lamb of God who gave his life to save us
Victoria Clifford
I'm not going to give any spoilers but this whole series was great.
Margit
Mar 19, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sff2016
I read the whole Song of Albion sequence. An awful lot of words for a little bit of story.
Jack Vasen
Oct 02, 2018 rated it liked it
The final book of the series completes the story. It could possibly be read alone, but much of what came before contributes to this story and without the first two books would be missed.

The first few chapters move quickly but then things bog down a little before Llew takes everyone on a rescue quest. From there on, the tone is dark as the heroes battle their way through a kind of hell inhabited by many fantasy monsters.

The ending is controversial but emmotional. Some woul
Hannah
When I started reading The Song of Albion trilogy, it consumed me so much that I asked my sister to hide this last book from me, so that I could focus on real life for a while. Then I got engaged, moved, got married... Finally, a year later, I picked up this book again today and read the final half.

What a masterful, beautiful finish.

Admittedly, I did not /enjoy/ the whole journey. I like to be happy. I hate evil, dread, and destruction. As with the first two books, I read
Tim Martin
This book was an odd ending to the trilogy. There were things I really liked and things I didn’t. Honestly, overall, I still don’t exactly know how I feel about this particular novel. I liked the second volume in the series the most and I do think this book the weakest in the series. Doesn’t mean I disliked _The Endless Knot_, but…well, let’s look at the particulars.

Strong points first. Most of the book – a mild spoiler here I think – takes place not on Albion per se but another land
Steve
Mar 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
This trilogy continued to get better with each book. The language just soars, evoking the mood of the landscape and setting in richly descriptive prose. The pacing is solid, the surprises and unknowns keeping one reading. The characters are clearly enough defined, even if development and growth of characters is not at the forefront. All of the books, and this final one is no exception, do suffer from a bit of an almost deus ex machina. The objects, characters, and motivations for how the resolution happ ...more
Ria
Jan 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
In the final piece of the trilogy we see Llew marry Goewyn and unite the land of Albion in harmony.
Then disaster strikes, Goewyn and her friend Tangwen, wife of Cynan disappear, they are both frantic to find their lost loves.
There is one who has denied Llew's sovereignty, the Brazen man, fearful for their wives lives the friends and their war band set off to the doomed regions of Tir Aflan to battle their way against unspeakable foes to their final last stand with the Brazen man, but
Margaret Roberts
Jun 04, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: fiction, fantasy
Coming to the fulfilment of the prophecy of Albion's King, long said by the Banfaith of Albion, Lleu silver hand seeks the betterment of his Kingdom. Peace appears to finally reign in Albion-until his new bride Gwen is captured and stolen away to Tir Aflan, the Forbidden lands. Doing all he can, Lewis travels with his trusted Raven flock to save her-and in doing so saves Albion once and for all. A hard story to get through at times as there is much darkness-but in the end the Light shines the br ...more
Melissa F.
My least favorite of a trilogy that was...not as awe-inspiring as I remember. In fact, this book in particularly was considerably less Epic than I recall from reading it over a decade ago. But I have no regrets about re-reading. What love of fantasy I have (and it is a LOT of love), I owe in no small measure to these books. And I will always treasure them, and Stephen Lawhead, for gifting me with that.
Alexandra
Aug 11, 2019 rated it liked it
To be clear the writing 5/5 and the plot 5/5 however after investing myself into these series I was infuriated by a portion of how the ending was tied up (no spoilers here) because I felt that the rules that applied to the series were the “why” behind one outcome however didn’t apply to another and frankly it’s been almost 8 years and it STILL bothers me ONLY BECAUSE THE SERIES IS THAT FREAKING AMAZING and I’m still smarting from the perceived discrepancy
Adam Swift
Jun 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
The ending was rather underwhelming in comparison to the writing in the rest of the book... I suppose I understand WHY it had to end this way, however the style of a cyclical plot is such an overused device that I was a little disappointed to see that Lawhead used it in such a cliche fashion. It does not change my feelings of the series as a whole, however my outlook is a bit dimmed just due to the rather disappointing end
Bee
Jan 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Very well-written conclusion of the trilogy... again, full of adventure, novelty and magic.

Joy, tragedy, adventure... a lot of emotion in this one and even the ending was amazing, which is often the part where books or films seem to fail a bit for me. Not so in this case.

I can recommend this book as another wonderful part of a great series.
Jared Jensen
This is a heartbreaking but fulfilling end to the trilogy. I was moved when I first read it in high school and am still touched now. The writing is poetic and the characters endearing. There are dry moments and times I want to pommel individuals who are not forthcoming among friends. It is still a favorite story that inspires and makes me dream of visiting other realms.
Bev Davis
Oct 18, 2017 rated it did not like it
Taylor Riggs
Apr 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
My favorite of the series! You know the characters and you feel for them. It's thrilling and epic, with a twist that had my heart breaking, and to be honest, crying a little. It was a very worthy finale for a fantastic series!
Stephen
Sep 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The trials and sufferings seemed endless but the outcome was and is glorious. Frustration and impatience was turned to admiration and joy. Oh we need a rebirth and it can only come from a higher authority and faith. Excellent trilogy and tearfull ending....happy tears not sad.
Hazel L. Strickland
I Understand

It isn't every author who can bring the physical and spiritual worlds into juxtaposition without seeming artificial. But Lawhead has used our Celtic mythology to bring us into the Christian Heaven with an interesting tale.
Jun 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
This final book was slower than the other two in the trilogy. Although still eloquent, the overall plot of the story was not quite as captivating as the previous installments. The ending was strange. I would have been happier had the last chapter been left out.
Ben Moore
Sep 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A stunning, powerful, beautiful conclusion to the series. Full of horror and joy in equal measure. Absolutely captivating.
Matthew Hickmott
May 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely Stunning and brilliant! The final stand in the amazing series crafted by the mind of Mr. Lawhead! An amazing wrap up to a world long forgotten but will live on forever!
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• The Sapphire Rose (The Elenium, #3)
  • The Light of Eidon (Legends of the Guardian-King, #1)
  • The Sword of Bedwyr (Crimson Shadow, #1)
  • The Dragon King (Crimson Shadow, #3)
  • Luthien's Gamble (Crimson Shadow, #2)
  • The Ruby Knight (The Elenium, #2)
  • The Shadow Within (Legends of the Guardian-King, #2)
  • Foundlings (The Peleg Chronicles, #1)
  • Paladins (The Peleg Chronicles #2)
  • Fearless (Dominion, #2)
  • Merciless (Dominion, #3)
  • Vigilante (Dangerous Times, #3)
  • Relentless (Dominion, #1)
  • Nightmare (Dangerous Times, #2)
  • The Diamond Throne (The Elenium, #1)
  • Shadow Over Kiriath (Legends of the Guardian-King, #3)
  • The Book of Lost Tales, Part Two (The History of Middle-Earth, #2)
  • Return of the Guardian-King (Legends of the Guardian-King, #4)
Stephen R. Lawhead is an internationally acclaimed author of mythic history and imaginative fiction. His works include Byzantium, Patrick, and the series The Pendragon Cycle, The Celtic Crusades, and The Song of Albion.

Also see his fanpage at Myspace:

Stephen was born in 1950, in Nebraska in the USA. Mos

The Song of Albion (3 books)
  • The Paradise War (The Song of Albion, #1)
  • The Silver Hand (The Song of Albion, #2)
“Earth and sky, rock and wind, bear witness!
By the power of the Swift Sure Hand, I claim this ground and sain it with a name: Bwgan Bwlch!

Power of fire I have over it,
Power of wind I have over it,
Power of thunder I have over it,
Power of wrath I have over it,
Power of heavens I have over it,
Power of earth I have over it,
Power of worlds I have over it!

As tramples the swan upon the lake,
As tramples the horse upon the plain,
As tramples the ox upon the meadow,
As tramples the boar upon the track,
As tramples the forest host of heart and hind,
As tramples all quick things upon the earth,
I do trample and subdue it,
And drive all evil from it!

In the name of the Secret One,
In the name of the Living One,
In the name of the All-Encircling One,
In the name of the One True Word, it is Bwgan Bwlch,
Let it so remain as long as men survive
To breath the name.”
7 likes
“A king is a king, but a bard is the heart and soul of the people; he is their life in song, and the lamp which guides their steps along the paths of destiny. A bard is the essential spirit of the clan; he is the linking ring, the golden cord which unites the manifold ages of the clan, binding all that is past with all that is yet to come.” 6 likes