Start by marking “Cruel and Beautiful (Cruel & Beautiful, #1)” as Want to Read:
Cruel and Beautiful (Cruel & Beautiful, #1)

Cruel and Beautiful (Cruel & Beautiful #1)

4.26  ·  Rating Details  ·  2,436 Ratings  ·  441 Reviews
This is a New Adult Contemporary Romance standalone book that includes mature content, not suitable for younger readers. (Rated R)
This novel is based on a true story.

Cate Forbes, a dedicated college student with a carefully plotted future, doesn’t know the first thing about love. When she accepts a blind date with a tasty piece of eye candy, she thinks she can get by with
Published November 12th 2015

To ask other readers questions about Cruel and Beautiful, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cruel and Beautiful

Jennifer Kyle
Nov 11, 2015 Jennifer Kyle rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arcs, cry-baby-books
4.5 ”Forever Yours” STARS

description

A.M.Hargrove and Terri E. Laine delivered an unforgettable love story. They clicked so many damn boxes everything from ugly crying, humor, epic love and most importantly an original story line.

The story starts off with a huge kick to the feels and then the authors take us on a continuous pattern of present/past every other chapter. Sadly, this drove me nuts and I did have a very hard time remembering which scenes occurred at which times in the storyline.

I thought I cou
Lana ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾
4.5 Stars

...promise me you'll live. Just live, Cate. Do it for me.

I have no idea how to even begin reviewing this book. After reading the prologue, I knew I was in for a tear jerker, and yet nothing could have prepared me for the full effect. Nothing. Cruel and Beautiful was unlike any book I've ever read before. Beautifully tragic and emotionally charged, it's one of those books that will stay with me for a long while. I finished it last night and still find myself thinking about it. It's j
Salvatore
Dec 15, 2015 Salvatore rated it really liked it
IT'S LIVE! AMAZON

4.5 beautiful stars

Since Drew met Cate he couldn't get her out of his mind. Determined to make her his, he's trying to convince her to go out on a date with him. Cate is a dedicated student and she's working hard for it, but eventually she accepts to go out with Drew. She's quickly enchanted by him and Drew wants a future with her, but sometimes life has other plans..

"This is yours for as long as there are beats within it. Everything I have is yours. My love, my heart, my s
Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
5 's

Don't you just love it when you find a book that a few friends have enjoyed only for it to blow you away? I sure do and that's what happened with this book. Was everything perfect? No, but oh so many things were!

I have to admit that I was really nervous though...from reading the blurb to reading some friend's reviews, I knew that something awful was going to happen and it's hard to be in the "mood" for something like that. Then to top it off, there is the prologue from hell! Seriously, this
Allison ❤️Will Never Conquer Her TBR❤️
Nov 18, 2015 Allison ❤️Will Never Conquer Her TBR❤️ added it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Allison ❤️Will Never Conquer Her TBR❤️ by: Jennifer Kyle

DNF at 20%

photo AC344E47-E8D5-48C8-B810-7A62EA4A644C_zpsgaggpdvu.gif

Maybe this is a case of "it's not you, it's me" but the dialogue between these two, specifically the guy is really off-putting for me. He speaks like a 50-year old guy in a historical fiction book- too chivalrous maybe for a 27-year old. In the days of clipped speech assholish heroes, I guess I've grown bored with the sugary-sweet heroes that act twice their age. Because of this, I'm not connecting to them as a couple at all. Especially when a heroine uses words like "dickwad" and na
Sabrina
Nov 10, 2015 Sabrina rated it it was ok
2.5 Please don't run me off of Goodreads for this one Stars

Okay so this is yet another book that I won't tell you what it's about because I don't want to ruin the story for anyone. What I can say is that Cruel and Beautiful is a tale about more than falling in love. It's about what happens after you fall in love, the ups and downs, the painful memories and the good, and the love for a person that makes everything else disappear.

I got this ARC awhile ago but I was being a big baby after reading
Terri ♥ (aka Mrs. Christian Grey)
If you like emotional reads with an actual plot, you need to mark this to be read. It has it all, romance, angst, sexy time, laughs, tears and characters you can root for.

TEASER #1

TEASER #2

TEASER #3

TEASER #4

TEASER #5
Jenny
Jun 06, 2016 Jenny rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favs
Emotional, beautiful, stunning, shocking, amazing, absolutely heartbreaking. I am at a loss for the right words. I've been an avid reader most of my life and this book has left me speechless. I was confused from the second chapter in, I thought I had figured the story out and just wanted to get to the ending and get my HEA. Then I hit the 90% and it crushed me and re-healed me in the most beautiful way. I basically sobbed my way to the end after that point. The story was told in alternating chap ...more
Francoise
Mar 08, 2016 Francoise rated it it was amazing
5 Unforgettable Stars !!

Reading Cruel and Beautiful was an emotional journey for me. I kept thinking about this story long after I finished reading it.
It is heartwarming and gut wrenching at the same time, with a clever combination of past and present storytelling. I recommend to experience it blind, but to be prepared for its ups and downs with a full box of tissues !

Overall, this book is an unforgettable reader's experience, with an epilogue that was just perfect !

I received an ARC in exchang
Yasmila s
Oct 28, 2015 Yasmila s rated it it was amazing
I had an advanced copy of this book, and it had such an impact on me that I could not wait for the release date. Everybody needs to read this book and now! I cannot remember when I last gave 5/5 to a book but for this one it was a no-brainer. It’s by far one of the best books I have read this year, if not my whole life…
I could talk about this book for days, but since I hate spoilers, I will try my best not to let anything slip because everybody should get the full effect of this book.
This book i
Lisa (A Life Bound By Books)
Okay... I finished this one a few weeks ago and I don't know if I liked it or not. I LOVED the prologue and the last few chapters... but the whole middle was just... It didn't match up to those two parts.

Full Review to follow on my blog - For more info and reviews please visit my Book Review Blog here - A Life Bound By Books

Okay... I NEED this book. NEED it, NEED IT! Just read the prologue and I'm about dead. Seriously. I think this book is going to rip my heart out and tear it to pieces.

I ne
Tana
Mar 20, 2016 Tana rated it it was amazing
CRUEL AND BEAUTIFUL by A.M. Hargrove & Terri E. Laine

EMOTIONAL! HEART WRENCHING! TEARJERKER! AMAZING!

BEWARE! Kleenex is Required!

Those are the words that came to mind when I finished reading Cruel and Beautiful by A.M. Hargrove and Terri E. Laine.

The writing is exquisite, the story is beautiful, romantic and heart wrenching!

The prologue you meet Drew and Cate, their story is amazing and heartbreaking, and you know you have to continue to read on. You want to read this amazing book.

The story
Jazmín Marín
Oct 31, 2015 Jazmín Marín rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC in exchange of an honest review
5 "I did not see it coming" Stars
Every now and then you come across a book that blows your mind. Literally and you just have to go pages back to really get what just happenned; those are the stories that stick with you, that pop through your head while you're working or walking down the street. This is one of them for me.
Cate and Drew. What a story! I'm not such a fan of young love but this is totally different. I had doubts about Cate, I thought
Terri Laine
Nov 11, 2015 Terri Laine added it  ·  (Review from the author)
What can I say about this book? It's best to go in blind. Don't read spoilers. Also, please note, this story is told past to present. You will have questions that will be answered as the story unfolds. Resist the urge to jump ahead. And finally, read the author note at the end, it answers another question. Cheers and Enjoy!

Want to read a sample? Here is a link to the Prologue

Buy Links
Amazon
iBooks
Donna ~ The Romance Cover
Nov 17, 2015 Donna ~ The Romance Cover rated it really liked it
Cruel and Beautiful by AM Hargrove and Terri E Laine
4.5 stars!!!

“and know that I loved all the pieces of you with all the pieces of me.”

This was one super emotional read and a read that I will not forget for a very long time. This is one of those books that will stay with you, a book that you won’t be able to forget and a book that you will reflect on for days, weeks, months… you get the idea. Sometimes a story just grips you by the heart and soul and this was one of those books, but the dif
Dhini
5 beautiful heart wrenching stars

One of the best books I've ever read.
It was beautiful love story.
I love the characters, I love Drew, I love Cate, I love their friends and their families.

It's a story that will stay in my heart forever.
I cried (sobbing, crying ugly cry) and yes it wasn't a light reading.
I used tissues (lots of tissues), I laughed, I swooned and I loved it.
A story about loving, all the good and bad part, happy and bad time, and yes, until death do us part.

A MUST READ BOOK
Tarah Hodges-Wilkins
The way he looks at me, it's as if he's reading my soul.

Ugly cry
I haven't cried so hard over a book in a good while.
This book... Dang all the emotions right now.
Beautiful. Simply beautiful.
If you want a good angst read that will have you laughing out loud one minute, crying your heart out and swooning the next. This is the book for you.
Can't wait for everyone to get their hands on this book!
ARC provided by publisher in exchange for an honest review
* A review copy was provided by the author in exchange for an honest review *

~ 4 Emotionally Charged Stars ~

What drew me to this book was the blurb but what truly sucked me in was when I read the sneak peek of the Prologue!!! This is the first book by either of these authors that I have read and I am so glad I took a chance on something new, because this is a book everyone should read!!!!

Cruel and Beautiful is a story with so much emotion. I knew going into this that this book was going to
Peggy
Jan 01, 2016 Peggy rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reads-2015
Complimentary copy provided by author for an honest review.
OMG what a story and the title says it all it's a cruel and beautiful one. Be warned before you read this story get a big box of tissues beside you because you will need them from start to finish.

This is quite an emotional story but also a beautiful one. A well written story were you will cry and laugh with. I can start giving you a short review about Cate and Drew but you need to experience this by yourself and if you feel as strongly
Jill
Nov 12, 2015 Jill rated it it was amazing
5 stars! I can't wait for everyone to read this!
Review to come when released.

Cruel and Beautiful is one of those books where it's difficult to write a review without giving away spoilers. You need to read it. Go in blind and absorb all the feels it pulls from you. Have a box of Kleenex on hand too. ;)
Fathima
Nov 17, 2015 Fathima rated it really liked it
OH MAN !!!! Didn't see that twist coming ! True to its name , this story was cruel and beautiful ! Dreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew !!! UGH ... such a sweetheart ... Keep a box of tissues handy people ! You gonna need it for sure ... * sniff sniff *
Tash
Nov 13, 2015 Tash rated it really liked it
Reviewed @ Confessions From Romaholics
Review copy kindly provided by authors in exchange for a honest review

Okay I was thinking this would be a tearjeaker of a story all right(not that I’m a crier or anything_. A hearfelt book, not a book that I will have to go the end only a quarter away in thinking what the heck I’m reading as I’m utterly confused. That is the beauty of this book. Cruel and Beautiful definitely lives up to that names giving a beautiful story that leave you reeling and wonderi
Kathryn
Nov 11, 2015 Kathryn rated it it was amazing
This is going to be one of those reviews that won't be long b/c this book had me ALL OVER THE PLACE!!!
I really didn't know what to expect...Sure...I gathered a little bit of heartache was going to get to me...BUT...oh my goodness...I was ugly crying with this story...
It is truly a beautiful love story that captures your heart. But I am going to say...grab a full box of tissues because you are going to need them.
Now, you may be saying..oh goodness...I don't want my heart ripped out...well let me
VEL
Dec 02, 2015 VEL rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 Beautifully Cruel Stars!

Loved this stand alone novel!

Good solid storyline, injected with sweetness, laughter, love & sadness. The story going back & forth from past to present with an unexpected twist.

The sad moments, written so well by the author had me reduced to tears, so keep a tissue handy!

Only negative I have is who the hell calls their hoohaa Louise!!!!
Christine Alibutud
Me during prologue:

Then this was me during chapter 1:
description

And since then... Erghh. My head is hurting.

Okay. So that went from "Wow, I feel like I'm going to like this one" from "Nope, not happening" real quick. To say that I'm majorly disappointed is putting it lightly.

It was also very draggy and a bit rushed for me. I didn't enjoy the build-up of the two MC's relationship---if there was even a proper one to begin with. Sorry but I think I've had one too many eyerolls with this one.

Assuming from th
BethyMac
Nov 14, 2015 BethyMac rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-2015
5 LOVE LOVE YOU Stars

WOW, just finished and what a book! My head and thoughts right now are so jumbled and my emotions are all over the place. I honestly feel that this will be a book that people will either love or hate. It's a book that slowly tells Cate's story, every up and down, and you feel every emotion, both good and bad. But to truly enjoy this book, going in blind is the only way.

Cruel and Beautiful starts out with and ugly crying, gut wrenching prologue. From that point, each chapter
Amy
Nov 25, 2015 Amy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Actual Rating: 4.5 Beautiful Stars!

“Everything I have is yours. My love, my heart, my soul, and my life, for however short or long it may be.”

Cruel and Beautiful is the absolute perfect name for this book. From the moment I read the prologue, I was destroyed. I was absolutely devastated. How can your heart break after only being 1% into a story you may ask? My answer is simple. Read this book and then you will understand.

Cruel and Beautiful is well written and captivating. The story literally pu
Nicola
Nov 19, 2015 Nicola rated it it was amazing
WOW .... WOW .... WOW!! What a book this is! This book is a beautifully written book of love, loss, heartache and pain and happiness. This book makes you feel it all. This is the first time ever i ended up crying on page 1 of the prologue!! The authors have done an amazing job in this story evoking so many emotions in the reader I cant possibly list them all but i promise you, that you will laugh and you will cry. This is the story of Cate and Drew and is told in the past and present, this reall ...more
Janet
Nov 12, 2015 Janet rated it it was amazing
Shelves: my-favorites
I received this amazing book in an exchange for an honest review. I don't wish to spoil anything so I'm hoping everyone gives this book a try based on my honest opinion. This was such a heartbreaking and beautiful story I have ever read. The title of the book pretty much says it all. As soon as I started reading the prologue I couldn't stop I NEEDED to know more. It was such a roller coaster of emotions. I swear I cried so much. I loved it and yet hated it with passion. This love story touched m ...more
New Adult Book Club: #182/15 Cruel & Beautiful by AM Hargrove & Terri E. Laine 71 126 Dec 30, 2015 06:37PM
  • Walk of Shame (G-Man, Next Generation, #1)
  • Only You (Second Chances, #2)
  • Hardcore: Complete Series Box Set
  • Belong (Seven Year Itch, #3)
  • Tangled Bond (Holly Woods Files, #2)
  • Abstract Love
  • Dirty Nights, The Novel
  • Anything but Minor (Balls in Play, #1)
  • SECRET Trilogy (Secret, #1-3)
  • Getting Hot (Jail Bait, #3)
  • Take Me Away
  • Off the Clock (Pleasure Principle, #1)
  • Stripped Raw
  • Beautiful Dangerous
  • Butterfly Dreams
  • Schooled (Travesty #1)
  • Pieces of Perfect (Pieces, #1)
  • Salvage Book One
One day, on her way home from work as a sales manager, USA Today Bestselling Author, A. M. Hargrove, realized her life was on fast forward and if she didn't do something soon, it would quickly be too late to write that work of fiction she had been dreaming of her whole life. So, she rolled down the passenger window of her fabulous (not) company car and tossed out her leather briefcase. Luckily, th ...more
More about A.M. Hargrove...

Cruel & Beautiful (2 books)
  • A Mess of a Man (Cruel & Beautiful, #2)

“I’d assumed after that I’d never find love. But fate brought us back together and I knew I had to win her over. Even if we did have to fight to overcome the cruel, we hung on to the beautiful and it was damn worth it.” 6 likes
“Do me a favor. Always remember the better times and know that I loved all the pieces of you with all the pieces of me.” 5 likes