Start by marking “Who Stole My Cheese?!!: An Amazing Way to Make More Money from the Poor Suckers That Cheated in Your Work and in Your Life” as Want to Read:

3.57  ·  Rating details ·  1,028 Ratings  ·  83 Reviews
One murky Monday in Pennsylvania, former CEOs Ken Lie, Dennis Kozlousy, Sam Weasel, Martha Stewed and others gathered for lunch in the prison cafeteria. After some sarcastic banter and a sad meal of bland stew and cold coffee, they settled into yet another conversation about what had brought them all there--and more importantly, how they could further scam their former emp ...more
Published November 15th 2002 by Union Square Press

Kerry Mccaskill
Jul 10, 2007 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
One of the most popular business books ever. Who stole America's brains? If you really want an adventure in the absurd, track down the movie. Yes, there's even a movie. Or I can save you the trouble and summarize: Change happens. Deal with it or die. (But acted out with cute little mice.)
Esteban Ruquet
Jun 08, 2013 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: autogarcha
Confundí el libro original con la parodia. Muevo la reseña al original
Kimberli
Jul 01, 2008 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: business
Just awful. If this is the sort of book that people are reading for insight in business, we're in trouble. It's common sense.
Christina Vickers
May 24, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Change can be a good thing or a curse, depending on your point of view. A person’s life changed dramatically in his/her lifestyle or work. Luckily a book was written by Dr. Spencer Johnson to help you discover how to deal with change, so that you can enjoy less stress and more success in your work and in your life. This book takes less than a hour to read, but van change you forever. Dr. Spencer Johnson is the author and co-author of the number one best-selling books about dealing with change. T ...more
Lindy
Aug 27, 2010 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Jeff was asked to read this book for a discussion group with his new company. It is a super quick read and we have found ourselves referring to the characters as we find ourselves making similar mistakes. It is a very simple allegory about change and how we deal with change in our lives, and is easy to relate to. Yet, its simplicity is not condescending or dumb. This book is worth checking out from the library and can be suitable for even young children when talking about the changes that inevit ...more
Louise Jones
I had heard about this book for years but never got round to reading it must admit at first could not see what all the fuss about but does not take long to read and really began to make more sense the more of it i read , as someone who is on the autistic spectrum i really find change difficult bit would say worth going t through it to get the reward in the end . I really liked the ending when tied it all together
Yogesh Singla
Aug 11, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Some rated it one star for they couldn't understand it. Rest rated it one star for they understood it is a piece of shit. Either way doesn't matter. I won't say I don't recommend it. Hardly qualifies too be of the length of a book. If you are reading this, have a good one guys!
Catherine
Jun 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I feel so cliche giving this book a 5, but I'll admit, I liked it. It provoked some good self-reflection, and I kept coming back to the principles throughout the day. A super quick read, and one that I should re-read often. It applies to so many life situations!
Ryan Ard
Oct 04, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This parody is almost as boring as the original book. Actually, I’m going to go give “Who Moved My Cheese?” a one star.
Nancy Alvarez
Jul 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
must read quick story but so impactful
CHRISTINA M JOHNSON
EXCELLENT READ FOR GETTING USED TO CHANGE.
Joe
Nov 05, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Told it was a parody of “Who Moved My Cheese?” and I liked that book. Honesty not as good as I had hoped.
Patsy
Sep 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: motivational
Easy reading and thought provoking... definitely something i will recommend to all..
Ross
Jun 25, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Life is dynamic. Nothing temporal can be taken for granted. Keep your eyes open. Never get too comfortable or attached to the current state of affairs. Rather, learn to embrace change as that quality of life that makes it lively.

This is the general message here, told in a clever parable which can be applied to any part of life, professional, or personal. Timeless lessons, which most of us have probably heard elsewhere, but could all stand to be reminded of from time to time in fresh ways.
James
Dec 10, 2008 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
For a short book it was longer than it needed to be. It drives the point across that as life changes and you need to be able to adapt. The most important thing is not how well prepared you are for change but your willingness to embrace change. The quote that struck at me the most was, "What would you do if you weren't afraid?" and this got me to think that we use fear as an excuse to not pursue our own interests.

So speak up, speak clear and speak out because no one is going to help you get ready
Harmony T.
Jun 05, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This entire book probably took no more than 30 minutes to read, but it left me with the feeling that I had wasted hours. It is awful. Using 'cheese' and 'rats' as metaphors for money and employees has potential. Yes, we all understand that corporate greed exists and employees are often viewed as dispensable individuals among a pool of rats willing to run the Boss' maze. This book is not motivational, it has no true benefit offered to the reader, and it certainly amazes me that it is so highly to ...more
Julie
This book was required reading at my job. When I first finished it I wasn't sure I understood. That was about 7 years ago, and since that time, I've used the premise of that book to help me understand a lot of interactions.
Naomi Blackburn
Jun 10, 2010 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I had to read this for a "work" experiment they were trying that was the fad at the time. That is exactly what this book reminded me of..the fads that swirl their way through corporations but are full of fluff and hot air..
Christina
Sep 30, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone
Recommended to Christina by: A colleague
Very good book for anyone who feels like they're in a rut. Whether it's your job, your relationship, whatever, this book gives a completely different outlook on life, and I really enjoyed reading it.
Julian Gilder
Basically if life deals you lemons, then make lemonade. A short, highly readable motivational book. Its worth an hour or so of you time if you have a copy to hand. I would not have paid for it though.
Thais
Jun 03, 2014 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Really did not enjoy this book. It's simple and easy to read, but I didn't get anything out of it. The only idea is that you shouldn'tbe afraid of change and that forseeing possible changes that need to be done is a good thing
Susie
Apr 04, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
How could such an easy to read, simple, delightful book say so much and be so meaningful if the reader takes time to see it? It won't go down in history as the most moving book I ever read but I love going back to it from time to time.
Pam Glazier
Decent business productivity book that outlines important philosophic fundamentals through an easy to follow analogy about cute furry animals. I prefer to listen to books like this, since it's not actually dense enough to require absolute devotion.
Erinleah4
It had a nice message about being open to change and the story is cute and easy to follow, but I wouldn't recommend it if you're not a management/marketing type person. It's a bit cheesy and more theoretical than logical...like most marketing/management classes, it just seems like common sense.
Olivia Pate
Jun 08, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was full of life lessons I really enjoyed this book although it was a easy read it was great! I recommend this book to underclassmen in high school because these are the types of lessons you'll need going in to your high school career.
Charles
Mar 28, 2007 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: confused people
this is a nice story that i think is a good reminder about why being human sometimes seems worse than it is.
Natasha
Sep 16, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Simplified but potentially ground shaking message if needed at some point in your life. I thought it was quite clever to be told in this manner.
Matijs Babris
Sep 14, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Change should not be avoided!
Julian Kim
Given all the hoopla about this tale of subtle wisdom, somehow it didn't blow my mind. It's a quick easy read and probably worthwhile for people who share an overwhelming sense of entitlement.
Cilbert Bien Alejo
Jan 16, 2012 rated it really liked it
a life changer. will change your outlook in life. will make you crave for cheese! :)
  • How to Be Rich
  • Fish! Tales: Real-Life Stories to Help You Transform Your Workplace and Your Life
  • Sexuality and the Psychology of Love
  • Don't Sweat the Small Stuff for Teens: Simple Ways to Keep Your Cool in Stressful Times
  • Valentines
  • University of Success
  • Household Gold (How to Convert Household Expenses into Household Income)
  • From Novice to Expert: Excellence and Power in Clinical Nursing Practice, Commemorative Edition
  • Don't Let Anybody Steal Your Dream
  • Omer Pacha Latas
  • Who's Doing the Work?: How to Say Less So Readers Can Do More
  • Transformational Leadership
  • Uncle John's Bathroom Reader Plunges into Texas Expanded Edition
  • Pro-Sumer Power II ! How to Create Wealth by Being Smarter, Not Cheaper, and Referring Others to Do the Same
  • Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill and the Richest Man in Babylon by George S. Clason
  • The Magic of The Christmas Box