Start by marking “Tripping Back Blue” as Want to Read:
Tripping Back Blue

Tripping Back Blue

Finn is a 17-year-old full of paradoxes. He's a drug dealer, but he's scoring money to send his twin sister to Harvard. He's desperate to shoot up even though he's the most popular kid in Dammertown. He's a philosopher and orator who's failing all his classes. The only time he finds peace is when he's bird-watching. Finn's life begins to spiral out of control, until he dis ...more
Published April 1st 2016 by Carolrhoda Lab

To ask other readers questions about Tripping Back Blue, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tripping Back Blue

Sandy
Nov 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ya
Finn wants his twin sister to succeed. He doesn’t care what happens to his future, as she is the bright one in the family, the one who has the potential to be successful. Finn has taken it upon himself to be the one to help her even though she has not asked anyone for help. There are countless issues with Finn assisting his sister. It was a nice gesture but he is going about it, all the wrong way. Finn is going to finance his sister’s college education selling illegal drugs.
Finn has found a new
Julie
Jan 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
Tripping Back Blue is a story that will make its way into your heart! This is the story of 17 year old Phineas Walt and his struggles with drug addiction. As a person and mentally, Finn has sweet and true intentions, we see him battle within himself throughout the book; he wants to be the rock, big brother, guardian, the protector but he keeps using and pulling himself deeper and deeper into the circle of addiction. He's selling and using a range of drugs but his ultimate goal is to sell enough ...more
Gabby
May 11, 2016 rated it liked it
Review over on my blog coming soon;
readbooksreadblog.blogspot.com.au
youtube.com/readbooksread
Sandra
Jun 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: drama
17 year old Phineas called Finn is growing up in Dammertown in New York. Its one of these small depressing cities which exists mostly through car dealerships, fast food places and there is not much around. He lives in a trailer park with his twin sister Faith. The father is an alcoholic who lets his unpredictable rage out at his son and the mother spends all her money on useless things from the shopping channel.

With Finn the author created an anti-hero or you can see him as one of those "good"
Tara
Jan 09, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-2016, netgalley
Anna
Jan 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
Storti's Tripping Back Blue is a welcome addition to Young Adult literature-- a contemporary novel with fantasy elements featuring a flawed teen boy trying to find his way in a dead-end small town. Finn loves his twin sister fiercly and is too smart for his drug habit and dealing business, but has created his own independent identity from his terrible parents. It can be hard to watch the hero make poor decision after poor decision, but the narrative voice is strong and unexpected. This is no Cho ...more
Andrea
Feb 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
Tripping Back Blue was a surprisingly dark coming of age book. I really enjoyed this book as I feel the hero is like many teens, making poor decisions. At times I felt like grabbing Finn and reprimanding him. This is a great book that illustrates the power of the choices you make and the long term impact on your life. This is a solid read, with well developed characters and plot. I highly recommend this book to teens.
Danielle
Nov 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
I've been meaning to read this book for the longest time, ever since I met the author! I did enjoy it but I'm not sure if it was the pace of the novel or the fact that I was busy, it took me a while to get through. I liked the themes explored in this novel. I can't decide exactly how I feel about the main character because he is not the best person but has a few redeemable qualities. Overall, a good read!
Chelsea Malnar
Aug 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I read this book in 2 days. It is awesome! You really get drawn into this book. I didnt want it to end. It feels like a true story. Sad at some parts of the book but also is a book that has a lot of meaning behind it. Loved it. I hope they make a movie of this.
ConneR GodiN
Sep 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017-2018-bookß
Best book
Cynthia (Bingeing On Books)
I received this ARC from Edelweiss in exchange for my honest review.

I am still trying to wrap my head around this book. Honestly, it was like one big, long trip just like the title suggests. Finn is a drug dealer who is trying to raise enough money to pay for his twin sister's way to Harvard. He's also an addict. I think the scenes where Finn was shooting up or trying to score were some of the best written of the book. The imagery and the descriptions of his cravings were just so vivid. Even tho
Bruce Gargoyle
I received a print copy of this title from Walker Books Australia for review.

Ten Second Synopsis:
Finn stumbles upon a new drug that allows the user to relive their happiest memory. Keen to make money to finance his sister's dream of attending Harvard, he decides to track down the source of this new drug, despite the fact that its discovery could put everyone he loves in danger.

Initially, before reading some reviews of this one, I expected a typical “teenager-struggling-with-drugs-story” that hap
Sophia Hedstrom-Fuchs
Aimee
May 17, 2016 rated it liked it
I received a copy of Tripping Back Blue from Walker Books Australia to review.

I don’t normally read about drug dealers or people doing drugs because I hate them. The drugs not the characters. Drugs don’t just get people addicted but they also have the potential to ruin families and take so many lives. But this review is not meant to be me going on about the evil of drug use. Moving on.

I had a hard time connecting with the protagonist/main character, Finn, and not just because of the drugs. It wa
Tash
Jun 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own, drugs
This book was hard to read but amazing at the same time. It was hard because I've had loved ones get mixed up with hard drugs like Finn did and I know very well that it's the hardest thing for them to get off those drugs. Finn was constantly beating himself up when he did the drugs, but at the same time it was just really hard for him to completely stop using. That is a real life portrayal of what addicts go through.
Then you have his sister Faith who lost one of her eyes when she was younger. I
Jenn | Shelf-Righteous
Jan 09, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-in-2016, ya, arc
I got this book as an ARC from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

First of all, I hope this book is not in its final stages of editing, because there are quite a few mistakes. Style wise, the book is all told from the point of view of a 17 year old dealer and addict.

I've read a few YA books about drug abuse, and this does give a somewhat different perspective. I enjoyed it more than I expected at the beginning, but it still made me feel like I was watching the TV show Weeds... the story
Alina
Jul 14, 2016 rated it liked it
Rating: 3.5/5

This story is told from the point of view of a drug addict teenager well. Finn's character was well developed however the rest of the characters back story were a bit vague. I enjoyed reading it but I do feel like certain areas could be better. Debating between rating is a 3 or a 3.5 was hard but I choose 3.5 because the book has good concepts like consequences and how it affects people. As I got about halfway through the book, I kept expecting a huge climax or change but it was a
Read InAGarden
Dec 12, 2015 rated it it was ok
Deep down Finn is a good kid but he just can't find a way out of his drug fueled life. His first get rich quick scheme is selling heroin but when he his profits are stolen he searches for a new and better drug to deal. At a local graveyard, he happens upon an older lady with a indigo blue powder. When he snorts the powder he experiences a high like no other. Finn embarks on a plan to sell this new drug and markets it as Indigo. After awhile he realizes he is encroaching on the territory of a big ...more
Rebecca
Jan 27, 2016 rated it liked it
Finn, a teenage drug addict, is counting on his charm and street smarts to sell enough drugs to put his twin sister through Harvard. When he meets an older lady who has a powerful new drug called indigo, he makes big plans - but nothing comes easily. This solid story combines elements of crime, coming-of-age, and teen romance.
Sue Holmes
Feb 25, 2016 rated it did not like it
Shelves: fantasy, young-adult, 2016
Advance copy provided by publisher for honest review.

Reading more like a contemporary novel, this dark, menacing fantasy readable. However finding the the story slow and predictable and I struggled to connect to the superficial characters.
Amber
Nov 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
I wished it had a more solid ending but other than that enjoyable.
Tina
May 23, 2016 added it
Shelves: did-not-finish
This is a did not finish. It just didn't grab me the way I thought it would. Too many other books to read...
Mariah L
Nov 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
this book was amazing it showed a story of danger
Sam
Jan 20, 2016 added it
Shelves: 2016
dnf
Liz
An interesting portrayal of family involvement in the drug industry.
Oreorocks1234