Start by marking “The Hell Within Me” as Want to Read:
The Hell Within Me

The Hell Within Me

Not your average poetry. These are stories—stories from the heart and soul.

The Hell Within Me is a collection of extremely emotional and heartfelt poetry that many can relate to.

The contradictions and play on words bring new life to the stanzas as they leap off the pages and tug at your emotions.
Published September 11th 2015 by Cb Roberts LLC

To ask other readers questions about The Hell Within Me, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Hell Within Me

The Hell Within Me by C.B. RobertsCleaning Out The 'Fridge by Sandra CutchallThe Dust of Us by Michelle BoskeA Conceptual Circus by Kenneth Jarrett SingletonHoles in Space - a poetry collection by Andrea Barbosa
New Poetry books
290 books — 338 voters
The Complete Poems of Emily Dickinson by Emily DickinsonLeaves of Grass by Walt WhitmanAriel by Sylvia PlathThe Waste Land and Other Poems by T.S. EliotSonnets by William Shakespeare
Best Poetry Books
2,204 books — 2,265 voters

More lists with this book...

Lisa Miller
Sep 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
The Hell Within Me is a collection of poetry written by modern day poet, C.b. Roberts.

I’m going to be honest. Some of them are hard to read. Some will rip your heart out and stomp it into the ground. The emotional toll they will have on your entire being is pretty heavy. They are completely unlike the majority of the stuff that people are calling poetry today. These are stories—stories from the heart and soul. They have a beginning, a middle, and an end. They have rhythm, cadence, and they flow
Nicole Garcia
Sep 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Heartstring pulling, gut-wrenching, and absolutely beautiful!!

Where do I begin? Let me just say that I have been a lover of books since I was a child, but my first love has always been poetry since I started reading it as a teenager. So, when I heard about this book, I simply just had to have it. It was everything I expected it to be and so much more. I devoured the entire book in 20 minutes. There are so many complex emotions in one stanza alone that would fulfill any avid poetry reader's expec
Anita
Sep 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing

I 100% believe that anyone who picks up this book to read will love it. How could they not? CB Roberts has an uncanny ability to reach into someone's heart and soul with just one stanza. When he puts words on paper something magical and amazing happens. It's a beautiful thing to see. The collection of poems CB chose to share gives readers some insight into the kind of person he is, how important words truly are to the man, and his obvious need to share his love of those words with others. It's n
Diane Freeze O'Bryan
Oh my goodness!

I have NEVER read my life story in a book of shattered dreams as I just have in this book of Poetry! C.b. Roberts just went right into my very soul and exposed all my feelings I have for my ex husband! I have cried for the first time over our lost love! I also feel like thanks to C. B. I can now let go and maybe let someone else love me they way I loved him!
I have not dated in 5 years because as C. B. Made me see, it's forgiving myself I need to do! Just wow! How could he, (a ma
Katrina Mcdonald
Sep 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
CB Roberts' poetry speaks to my heart, it grasps my soul, and shakes it violently. It feels as if CB has been in my head for the last 15 years. As if he has seen my pain, felt my agony, and has known the hell within me.
I recommend this book to everyone. It is a must read...
Kat McDonald
Amy Garrett
wonderful!

So well versed and heartfelt. It's like his soul was the ink flowing through the pen writing the words! Reading this makes me want to take up writing poetry again!
Stacy Ward
Sep 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Awesome!

I chose this rating because this poetry makes me feel emotions I leave dormant. It takes a lot to make me feel a poem, a book, or a song. When I say feel, I'm taking about actually feeling the words, to the point you shed a tear of sadness. Yes, I did on several of these. Well worth the read, well worth the time!
Kathie
Sep 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Poetry is not one of my favorite things to read.... but just one stanza of one poem from 'The Hell Within Me' was enough to grab my attention. Heart wrenching 'songs' of lost love, one sided love and the fear of love has me still going through the poems and reading again and again. Beautifully written, this collection has already gotten into my heart.
5 stars!!
Xtina Marie
 photo review34_zps1vemhysn.jpg

TITLE: The Hell Within Me
AUTHOR: C.b. Roberts
GENRE: Poetry
RELEASE Date: September 11, 2015
MY RATING: 5 stars

Wow! This. Have you ever read something that just touched you so very much- spoke to your soul so very personally, that you think to yourself, wow- my pain and tears and blood- they are not alone in this? Someone else has felt this pain, someone else has been there. There were lines where I actually clutched my chest, feeling the pain. Such beautiful and tormented words. I hung on each an
Renee
Soul Searing Writing

I am not normally a fan of poetry but C.b. has penned these verses straight from his soul and shared them with us. I first noticed his writing in little snippets on Facebook and when I heard he would be releasing a book of his poems I could not wait to get my hands on it. I will never look at life or love again without thinking of the words in this collection, ripped from the heart and shared with the world. You cannot help but feel the pain and share the despair of love lost
Ember Shane
Oct 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I don't read very much poetry, but this book came highly recommended to me. The Hell Within Me is packed with poetry of anguish and heartbreak. It's nicely done. The imagery and verbiage were appealing in that heartbreaking kind of way. Five stars! Some of my favorite passages:

"From ashes I came
To ashes, I'll return.
But tonight I'm content
To sit here and burn."
(From the poem, Burn)

"It was only love,
It only drove me to my knees.
Rendering me hopeless
Like an incurable disease."
(From the poem, Just)
Susan
Sep 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
OMG! I've never been much of a poetry fan, but CB's poems are powerful and there are some in this book I will read over and over again!
Samantha Ro
Sep 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
My god. How he's peeled my heart out my chest, bright red blood cresting from an aorta no longer connected and splashed it upon the page I will never know. This book of poetry is so real you will FEEL your soul connect with the loss, pain and agony within these pages. It will reveal sides to you that you don't remember after a loss you can't forget.

He speaks words of the heart on the page. Brava C.B. Bravisima
Dannielle
May 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Incredible emotion provoking poems
Anya Kelleye
Sep 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Amazing poetry by a new writer. It grabs at your heartstrings and just keeps pulling. The turmoil is real and raw. You want to keep flipping the page, wanting more.

Can't wait to see more by this author.
Amy
May 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
You start reading the poems in this book & you're sucked into the emotion that flowed so freely through the ink. Your own emotions floating to the surface, memories coming to your mind, as you read the words in rhyme.
This is so much more than a collection of poetry. It's a collection of tears & anger & betrayal. It's a collection of smiles, happiness, & pain. A collection of love and loss; of emotions & memories.
Elizabeth Robbins
Aug 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Poignant and deeply felt, this modern day poet has drained my heart of blood, pried my mind wide open, and squeezed every last tear from my eyes. This is a gut wrenching story of pain and love, artfully assembled as verse. Even if you don't normally read poetry, if you love to feel helpless as an author crushes your soul, you should read this book.
Debs Krulder
Sep 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
CB touched my heart and soul with his poems. Poetry is such a heartfelt form of communication you rarely find a person that can write poem after poem that holds up all the emotion it is meant to bring out. CB Roberts is this poet and his poetry never fails.. This book as become one of my favorite gifts to give friends.... Thank you CB...
Teri Caiazzo
Aug 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
"The Hell Within Me," is a book of poetry that is so emotional it will make you think of your own experiences in the same situation. You would have to have to have a heart of stone to not find one poem in this book that you can't relate to, I hope you give this book a chance, and read it. It's a great book, even it is emotional, they are all good emotions. Happy reading!
Tammy Byrd
Sep 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Gut wrenching and heartfelt....extremely emotional!!! This collection made me smile and then made me cry!!! You can feel the passion and the hurt flowing through his words. Can't wait to read more from C.b. Roberts.... Amazing work!!!
Renee Jeffries
Nov 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I love the way he writes, it's almost gut-wrenching to read nut well worth it you will fall in love with his words I Did ❤ ...more
Kristi
Sep 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
My first book of poetry I ever read and it was absolutely heartbreaking, breathtaking and emotionally powerful. A book I read over and over again. I look forward to your next project. Great job!
Becky Pickles
Sep 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book should touch some emotion in everyone that reads it. Broken Pieces was just one of my favorites! Great author and can't wait for his next release!!!
Amanda
Oct 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Loved all of the poems!
Cynthia
Dec 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic....poetry like no other. :)
Kathy
Apr 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Another beautiful book by C. b. Roberts

You will feel the emotion he puts into his words and they will grip your heart. His poems are so beautiful, you won't want the book to end. This is the second book I've read from this author and I can't wait to see what he does next.
Jilly
Sep 18, 2015
Wayne Roberts
Sep 13, 2015
Lynn Tolbert
Apr 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
These poems try get to the heart of you.

An amazing collection of poems, that will make you think deep within yourself. I would recommend this book to anyone who loves to read.
Beth Gibbons