Start by marking “The Egyptology Handbook: A Course in the Wonders of Egypt (Ologies)” as Want to Read:
The Egyptology Handbook: A Course in the Wonders of Egypt (Ologies)

The Egyptology Handbook: A Course in the Wonders of Egypt (Ologies)

4.07  ·  Rating details ·  288 Ratings  ·  18 Reviews
Inside this indispensable and beautifully illustrated workbook is everything you need to know to become an esteemed Egyptologist.

As readers of the fascinating EGYPTOLOGY are all too aware, the feisty explorer Emily Sands mysteriously vanished on an expedition up the Nile in 1927. But in a remarkable turn of fortune for Miss Sands's many fans, detectives have uncovered a se
Published October 25th 2005 by Candlewick Press

To ask other readers questions about The Egyptology Handbook, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Egyptology Handbook

Michele
Apr 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a fun handbook for children that have an interest in Egyptology or as a book to encourage them to take an interest in history. Written from the guiding perspective of an aunt, Emily Sands, to her niece and nephew, the book has many opportunities to engage in educational activities. Topics span from the pre-dynastic history, language, everyday activities and death and mummification. Although the time period is set at 1926-27, initiated parents could supplement the activities with online s ...more
Peggy Spencer
Jan 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018-kids
The handbook was a delight and great addition to our homeschool study on Ancient Egypt. My children are 5 and 6 years old, and they enjoy the flaps, drawings and additional aspects of the book.
Stacie Alexander
Nov 20, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: 508-reference
Sands, E. (2005). The Egyptology handbook: A course in the wonders of Egypt. Cambridge, MA: Candlewick Press.

Citation by: Stacie Alexander

Type of reference: Handbook

Call Number: Ref 932

Content/Scope: This handbook covers the history, culture, and daily life of Egyptians. The book includes a series of lessons for readers to follow along with and many hands on features. The book includes appendices of history and other information. Overall, this book provides a thorough guide to Egyptology for ele
Amy
Mar 21, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Even though I read some strong reviews of this book, I was worried it would be like this gimmicky, but fun book I have called Dragonology. Well, it's about fifty times better. It's one of those non-fiction kid books that has a distinct, but not condescending voice. If I am allowed to spend school money on social studies "texts" for sixth graders, I might buy a class set of these. My only hope is I kind find something so cool for Ancient Greece. At minimum this will be a great edition to my class ...more
Oliver
Aug 18, 2014 rated it really liked it
I loved it!! It was one of my books for school. It told me about the pharaohs. It also told me a little about their religion. I learned that they put dead peoples organs in jars before they mummified them. Their bodies were also covered with salt for 50 days before they were mummified them. I learned that there were different kinds of pyramids, too, like a step pyramid. You can learn lots of other stuff, too. I think it's a great book too read!!
Jekka Jones
Mar 26, 2007 rated it it was amazing
Be sure, there's a bunch of copy cats out there, so if you're looking for these awesome books like wizardology and pirateology, then make sure they are from Candlewick Press. I repeat: Candlewick press. that Fairyopolis or whatever was not made by the same people...yes, I am picky about these sort of things.

And, I was looking for the nice big egyptology book but I guess this will have to do *sigh*
Mona Golkar
Aug 07, 2015 rated it really liked it
I like to collect some books just because of their style... This is a nice book, specially for the kids or teens... being an adult I still enjoyed reading this short book... now I think I need to buy and read Sinuhe again!
Mike
Sep 04, 2010 rated it it was ok
Good kids book. Not nearly enough historical background for my taste.
Ang Siau Fang
Jan 11, 2011 rated it it was amazing
A very colorful and well designed book. Provide a little information about ancient Egypt, from its gods and goddesses, culture, etc. Suitable for kids who loves to learn history.
Azra thomas
Nov 18, 2008 rated it really liked it
Anna
Jan 01, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!! BEST BOOK EVER!!!:)IT SHOWS EVERY THING!!!
Sydney Sandstrom
May 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This book is a great source of information for people wondering about ancient Egypt. If you are loking for information of Egypt for an assignment this would be a great book for you to read.
Erika
Apr 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
great book as an intro to Egyptology. very easy to read and understand.
Avery
Oct 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
Faye
Jul 04, 2015 added it
Great book for Egyptian history lovers.

Plus has stickers that you could use to customize whatever you want, to make it have that Egyptian touch to it.
Mahmoud Nazeh
  • The Wizardology Handbook: A Course for Apprentices
  • The Dragonology Handbook: A Practical Course in Dragons
  • What Life Was Like on the Banks of the Nile: Egypt, 3050-30 BC
  • Seeker of Knowledge: The Man Who Deciphered Egyptian Hieroglyphs
  • Mystic Places (Mysteries of the Unknown, #1)
  • Vampireology: The True History of the Fallen Ones (Ologies, #9)
  • An Egyptian Hieroglyphic Dictionary, Vol. 1
  • The Golden Shore: California's Love Affair with the Sea
  • Mythology (Ologies, #5)
  • Treasures of Tutankhamun
  • Tales of Ancient Egypt
  • Ki'ti's Story, 75,000 BC
  • Tutankhamen: Life and Death of a Pharaoh
  • Tangled Roots: The Appalachian Trail and American Environmental Politics
  • Sharks And Other Sea Monsters
  • Fall Walk
  • Strange Stories, Amazing Facts
  • Mankind Beyond Earth: The History, Science, and Future of Human Space Exploration

Nonfiction Deals

• Tinseltown: Murder, Morphine, and Madness at the Dawn of Hollywood
    $10.74 $2.99
    $5.99 $1.99
    $8.24 $1.99
  • How to Travel with a Salmon & Other Essays (A Harvest Book)
    $14.99 $1.99