Start by marking “Manna: When You're Out of Options, God Will Provide” as Want to Read:
Manna: When You're Out of Options, God Will Provide

Manna: When You're Out of Options, God Will Provide

Sometimes the wilderness is the only place God can get your undivided attention.

Everyone finds himself or herself in a wilderness at some point: financial wildernesses, emotional wildernesses, relational wildernesses, health wildernesses, reputation wildernesses, failure wildernesses, unemployment wildernesses--the list goes on and on. In those moments, we are utterly
Published February 9th 2016 by Thomas Nelson

To ask other readers questions about Manna, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Manna

Start your review of Manna: When You're Out of Options, God Will Provide
Carilyn
Mar 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book is by far one of the best, spiritually life changing books I have ever read. It challenged me that as God provided daily Manna to Israel in the desert, so too do I need to feast on the daily spiritual nourishment of the Word of God. I highly recommend this book. I am already planning to read it again, it is that rich with truth.
bruce davidson
Aug 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
steve has spoken at Promise Keepers in the past. excellent speaker. does not equivocate. excellent read.
Joey Hay
Steve Farrar breaks Scripture down to everyday living with practical and applicable lessons for everyday life. This is a great read teaching about God’s provision in life.
Colette
I'd give this 4.5 stars.
I knew nothing about this book or the author when I picked this off the shelf at the library. It just spoke to me. I ignored it. Then I went back and got it. It is just what I needed right now.

Manna = well-timed help from the Lord. I like how Farrar couched this discussion within the context of the children of Israel wandering in the wilderness. I am grateful for his emphasis on spending time in the scriptures every day. I have a renewed desire to do that more
Rob
Jan 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was a good book about God's provision for us when we are in a wilderness in our lives, and we all go through it at some point (and often more than once). Here are a few quotes to think about:

Regarding the Israelites in the wilderness, "Manna was God's supernatural provision that came down from heaven just in the nick of time every single day for forty years. It was a daily, sufficient, constant supply of God's provision. And it told every day of His limitless power and perfect
Jason Carr
May 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
This book is full of Biblical encouragement that has some very practical reminders and challenges that God is aware and will provide. At times some of his stories might venture to a place where you wonder if that would happen to you, but his honesty and vulnerability outshine that. I read this book at a unique time in my personal life, so the truth in it really spoke to my soul and heart in a needed and major way. I'm reminded that if God can provide manna for over 2 million people daily for 40 ...more
Glenn
Jul 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
3.5 Stars - interesting book - some very good points. Some sections that were repeated, but still well a read. The part the hit home the most - the section on the sin of complaining...
Michelle Brooks
Jan 21, 2017
Candy Shepard
Jul 29, 2019
John Helmbrecht
May 15, 2017
Charissa
Mar 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
This book was amazing. I didn't agree with every word in it, but it was truly "manna" for my soul (no pun intended). Even though it was directed towards men, almost everything in it applies to both men and women. The chapter, "His Time, His Timing" was incredibly rich for me, but the whole thing is worth reading from cover to cover.

Here's on of my favorite quotes:

"So often we are waiting and wondering why God hasn’t answered our pressing need. God never sends us a deliverance that is green.
Abigail

• The Mass: The Glory, the Mystery, the Tradition
  • Skipping Christmas
  • Walking with God through Pain and Suffering
  • Craving: Why We Can't Seem to Get Enough
  • The Hunger Fix: The Three-Stage Detox and Recovery Plan for Overeating and Food Addiction
  • From the First Bite: A Complete Guide to Recovery from Food Addiction
  • The Twelve Steps for Christians
  • The Prodigal God: Recovering the Heart of the Christian Faith
  • Entering the Presence of God: Moving Beyond Praise and Thanksgiving to True Worship
  • Getting in God's Face: How Prayer Really Works
  • Twelve Steps For Overeaters: An Interpretation Of The Twelve Steps Of Overeaters Anonymous
  • What Am I Supposed to Do with My Life?: Asking the Right Questions
  • What Am I Supposed to Do with My Life?: God's Will Demystified
  • You Can Be Your Best--Starting Today
  • The Rosie Result (Don Tillman, #3)
  • Moving Mountains: How You, God, and Prayer Can Change Things for Good
  • What God Thinks When We Fail: Finding Grace and True Success
  • The Reason for God: Belief in an Age of Skepticism
Steve Farrar is the founder of Men’s Leadership Ministries. He holds a Master’s degree from Western Seminary, and an earned doctorate from Dallas Theological Seminary. Steve is the author of the best-selling book, Point Man: How a Man Can Lead His Family, God Built, Battle Ready, and True Courage. Steve Farrar resides in Texas with his family.
“not in it. But His delays are not necessarily His denials, as” 0 likes