Start by marking “Switch A Wish” as Want to Read:
Switch A Wish

Switch A Wish

Chris and Amanda Claridge are that couple. They look happy. They live in a well-kept house, have three little girls and fit squarely into the traditional roles of a husband and wife.
Chris is a handsome college professor, and easily charms most everyone he meets. He loves his job and can’t wait to go to work each day. Amanda is a dedicated mother and caretaker. She te
Published September 25th 2015 by Three Worlds Press (first published September 18th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Switch A Wish, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Switch A Wish

Start your review of Switch A Wish
Erin
Jun 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed, books-i-own
Review: Switch-a- Wish by M.B. Earnheardt

Here is a summary of what the book is about. Switch-A-Wish examines the complexity of a stressed relationship through the eyes of partners who are required to live as each other. This unique perspective allows Chris and Amanda a chance to find their way back to the feelings of the love they once shared.

I found this book to be interesting. The author did a great job with the way she wrote it.

I also found this book to be funny. I thought it wa
Gina Wynn
Sep 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
A solid 4 1/2 stars for M.B. Earnhardt's debut novel, Switch-A-Wish. She has woven an intriguing story around an imperfect marriage and a fascinating concept, as well as managing to effortlessly write children into the mix without making them annoying or spotlight grabbing. There are some very humorous moments in the novel, as well as those that might cause a little introspection - and some that will make you sigh with relief as you realise we probably all do that, after all. :-)

Well
M.B. Earnheardt
Dec 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Of course, I'm a bit biased.
Melissa
Dec 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
A Terrific Freaky Friday Type Read
I absolutely loved this book. I hadn't heard of the author, but the cover and title were enough to get me to go ahead and read the blurb. I was hooked right from there. How many times have you wondered what it would be like if you could trade places with someone, let them see what it's like to walk in your shoes, but you have to remember that you will also get a look at what it's like to take a walk in their shoes. I really was sucked right into the story.
Boundless Book Reviews
This book was great. I'm married and have dealt with the mommy/daddy issues of everyday life, so this book hits home. It follows Amanda and Chris, a not so happy married couple with children, as they switch lives for a few days. She is him, he is her, and together they work through the dis-function and find themselves again, not only as a couple but as individuals and a family unit as well.

This book was so real, except the switching bodies issue. Oh, how I wish this was really possib
Diane Laney Fitzpatrick
Oct 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was pure joy to read. Such a cute idea (why didn't I think of that?) and M.B. writes a story that fires on all cylinders.
Bob Pore
May 01, 2019 rated it it was ok
Cute at times, but doesn't do anything interesting or fresh with its central concept.
Say What Book Club
Apr 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
Switch-A-Wish by M.B. Earnheardt

Have you ever been so frustrated and angry at a person you wished for just a moment that he could spend just a moment in your shoes? Such was the case with Chris and Amanda Claridge.

Multiple college degrees between them, ten years of marriage, three children, an overbearing mother-in-law and years of frustration have landed this long time couple at a bitter en passé. Amanda is a brilliant journalist who has laid her career aspirations aside
Tumika Patrice

Rating: Five
Review:

"Switch A Wish" by M. B. Earnheardt

My Thoughts....

This was a very interesting story...'Switch A Wish' that after reading about the book description...I knew I wanted to check this one out [this dysfunctional married couple]. Trading places with your spouse...now that is some interesting concept! Seeing the world thro
Tami Winbush
Jan 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
Let's be honest here for a moment, I was scared that this book was going to be yet another Freaky Friday! But for some reason I decided to give it a chance, who knows what forces made me do it, but I'm glad they did!

Switch a Wish was a wonderfully delightful look into the lives of a dysfunctional married couple. Something most of us have first hand knowledge. *points no fingers* Amanda and Chris get to literally walk a mile in each other's shoes. For three whole days, this couple get
Keri
May 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
M.B. Earnheardt did a superb job on this book! I absolutely loved it, and as of today, it is one of my favorite books out there! At first, I actually thought it was going to be more of a teen book. As I began to read it, I couldn't put it down and definitely couldn't wait to see what was on the next page! The further I got into the book the more I was laughing out loud! It isn't a complete comical book, as it is a very intense, yet realistic situation. However, there were several chapters I giggled aloud ...more
Cat
Feb 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
I wish my spouse and I could have read this book together. What couple doesn’t feel taken for granted from time to time? What would you give to see the world through your partner’s eyes? Would it be a blessing or curse? For Chris and Amanda Claridge, it is a bit of both as they become aware of the hardships and betrayals of each other in a most unexpected way. Yes, they swap bodies as in many films – but what the films never show is the true understanding that can accommodate between people who ...more
D.J. Niko
Feb 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
M.B. Earnheardt has done a fantastic job putting a married couple in each other's shoes--literally. In this romantic novel with a fantasy element, Chris and Amanda are trapped in a lackluster marriage with diminishing intimacy, compassion, and understanding--an all-too-common problem for young couples juggling careers, small children, aging parents, and other commitments. When each wishes the other could "know what it's like to be me," they get what they bargained for, with hilarious and poignan ...more
Lee Parker
Sep 11, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: first-reads
I received a copy of this for free through Goodreads First Reads

This book really fell sort of flat for me, neither main character felt real at all. Conversations didn't seem real. I don't know I just really couldn't get into it at all and almost just set it aside and didn't finish it.
Amy Brown
Mar 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent

Took a timeout from social media this evening and finished this book. MB, definitely delivered a great story. The book is funny, mixed with serious points. It could be a true story, but happy to hear it's fiction. :)
Lois Welsh
Nov 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
Just finished reading this book. I was better than I thought it would be. I grew up with 5 brothers and I understand them a litter better now. It provides a good lesson in the story. Enjoy.
Silverluna
Amy Brown
Sep 21, 2015
Christopher
Sep 25, 2015
Goodreads Librari...: This topic has been closed to new comments. Please combine 4 149 Nov 30, 2015 02:52PM

• Lethal White (Cormoran Strike #4)
M.B. Earnheardt (Ph.D., Kent State University) lives in Youngstown, Ohio, transplanted from her childhood home in Mahaffey, Pennsylvania.

M.B. is author of SWITCH-A-WISH (Three Worlds Press, September 2015). Although she wrote a smattering of academic books, chapters, and articles, Switch-A-Wish is her first work of fiction.

When she's not writing, she teaches journalism courses at Youngstown Stat