Start by marking “Keeping Secrets” as Want to Read:
Keeping Secrets

Keeping Secrets

Is that how a little girl sits?
No, Daddy.
How should a little girl sit?
Shoulders back and tummy in.
And how should a little girl look?
Always neat and pretty
That’s my girl.

Twenty-four-year-old Alexa Kennedy is beautiful, sharp as a whip, and at the top of her medical school class. She’s also been waging a war in her head for as long as she can remember. Depression. Hatred. Se
Published October 22nd 2015 by Dakota Press

To ask other readers questions about Keeping Secrets, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Keeping Secrets

SueBee★bring me an alpha!★
 photo Eugene Keeping secrets Title by SueBee_zpsvurcrcbc.jpg
 photo ks cover xBT by sb_zpszysmczc8.gif
 photo ks story xB by sb_zpsyzikrkwp.gif
★★★★! Keeping Secrets (stand-alone). An unlikely friendship between a med student & hedge fund manager blossoms into romance before being clouded by secrets!

Keeping Secrets (stand-alone) is a beautiful story, a mixture of suspenseful romance and erotic tale with a touching and enlightening plot on the topic of mental illness, what exactly to unfold with story. From onset it is clear that both med student Alexa Kennedy, Stats and hedge fund manager Dex Blakewell are keeping secrets.

They me
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
4 STARS

"So many secrets. Mine. Yours. We try to protect ourselves from the very people who only want to save us.”

What a great story! It was sweet, emotional, intense and hot!! I had so many feelings while I was reading this book.. there were moments where I was laughing and others that I was ready to cry. The characters are so lovable and realistic and the story touches some serious issues.

Alexa is a medical student who when she is on her way to the hospital has a car accident involving a man sh
Allison ❤️Will Never Conquer Her TBR❤️

The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
- Lao Tzu

There's a few things I can always count on with a book written by Lisa Eugene .

One, original plot. Her stories never seem to fit those cookie-cutter Contemporary Romance tropes we see day after day.

Two, she always incorporates something medical within her plotlines. More times than not, the H/h suffers from a certain condition - be it medical or mental impairments. Probably my favorite book written by her is Grayson which
Lana ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾
4 Stars

The need I had for her was consuming, irrational. She was as necessary as my next breath, as vital. It was not only baffling, but somehow unsettling.

I've been a fan of Lisa Eugene's since my first book of hers, Steal My Heart. And with each new book she's released since then she shows immense growth as an author. Her romances are not ordinary, and I can appreciate that as a reader. Reading romance, after a while most books begin to blend into each other. Unless there's a certain edge
Wendy'sThoughts
Sep 18, 2015 Wendy'sThoughts rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Lisa Eugene Fans, Medical, Romance
4 Learning to Let Go Stars
* * * *

When I open a Lisa Eugene book, I know a number of things. I know I am going to take on a journey through someone’s life which will ring true. It will be steeped in reality; meaning I will be touched deeply. For the characters will be complex and needing to confront some of life’s most difficult challenges while being knee deep in climbing a demanding career path.

This book has been difficult for me to review for it hits so many important issues head on.
There i
✝✝ Ⓓaisy ❣ ✝✝

Hands up for LISA EUGENE! I have no idea how she writes a clinic romance so perfectly. Each time I pick her book, I know I am in for 5 stars read. Keeping Secrets will suck you in from the moment you pick it up.

photo tumblr_lyojz48aOD1qfcoeco1_500.gif

This book ain't an easy book to read neither it was an easy book to put it down.
You will enjoy their journey of these lovely characters.

photo IMG_0131.jpg

Dex is one amazing characters that is not hard to fall in love.

photo keepingsecrets.jpg

While, Alexa, we see her struggles and determination. Their story was written beauti
Mandy
Loved this! Very emotional and heart breaking but a fantastic romance! I adore Dex- he was absolutely perfect. Reading Alexa's pov was really sad and scary at times. I loved these characters and look forward to reading more by this author.
Lisa Eugene
Sep 15, 2015 Lisa Eugene rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
KEEPING SECRETS
The kind of love that saves you from yourself...
KEEPING SECRETS is an erotic contemporary romance that is unlike anything you've ever read. It is a book that will touch your heart and move your soul.
More than anything, though, this is not just a sexy, contemporary romance, I hope to give you a glimpse into the life of someone who suffers from chronic depression, who is tormented by her distorted image of her body, and who has an eating disorder.
Mental illness touches all of our li
NMmomof4
4 Stars

Overall Opinion: This is a hard book to review. I felt like it was well written, and it addresses the big issue of people with mental illnesses being stigmatized. Did I like the characters? Yes. Did I feel like I was rooting for their relationship to succeed? Yes. Is this a book that I'll read again? No. I also don't think this would be the book for everyone. Don't get me wrong -- there are some light moments that made me smile and swoon at times, so it's not All sad...but it is coverin
Anne OK
Mar 07, 2016 Anne OK rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016-reads
There’s no telling when or where true love might strike without warning. And the timing may be off-kilter when it happens. Inner demons don’t schedule their visits around falling in love. Even when love can’t heal every wound or scare off the demons that live within, love somehow bears it all continuing to shower comfort, support and forgiveness that allows it to survive. Lisa Gene has written a story that is filled with gut-wrenching emotions amid the power and beauty of second chances.

There i
 Naqelle
Oct 21, 2015 Naqelle rated it really liked it
Lisa Eugenes kepping secrets had me glued to my kindle for hours i could not stop reading. I was very exited to read this book and im glad i did .I've never read a story like this dealing with such a serious topic but still be funny and have a good romance .I dont like to go in to details on the books i read becuase i dont want to give anything away but if you read this book i think you will really enjoy it also.
Cartir Lewis
Sep 18, 2015 Cartir Lewis rated it it was amazing
Received an ARC for honest review. Publication date Oct 22

5 *****STARS all the way! WOW. WOW.

When I finished this book, I just had to sit back and say "Wow". OMG, I don't think I've ever been through such a wide range of emotions in one read. I laughed, I cried, I got angry, and there were times I was filled with pure joy.
Alexa Kennedy is a medical student, a perfectionist who must be the best at everything she does. She hides behind big glasses and oversized sweaters, keeping the world away. H
Janey
Oct 04, 2015 Janey rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
description

4.5 Horniness & rhythm stars.

Alexa Kennedy was an A1 medical student, top of her class and a tad nerdy by most standards. She was heading towards gaining class valedictorian, which would ensure her an internship at the prestigious Mayo Clinic.
“My life was devoted to medicine, to hard work and a single minded goal.”

A minor accident in her father’s borrowed pride and joy, has major implications on her future. She had hurtled into the obnoxious, highly irritated Dex Blakewell, and his initi
Nance
Probably ranks right up there with one of the best books I've read this year! So amazingly heartfelt! This one really got to me emotionally. I found myself tearing up quite a few times. I need sometime to reflect on this one, however, before I write my review. I will say this, though, the writing was stellar! I high-lighted so many passages on my iPad, and I re-read so many paragraphs. That's how I knew the writing just captured my attention completely. This is one that did not disappoint. I lov ...more
Paula
I've been looking forward to "Keeping Secrets" by Lisa Eugene after reading and loving her book "Grayson."

Similarly, "Keeping Secrets" takes on a serious topic and incorporates it into a beautiful and sweet love story. A story about a love that conquers it all, that doesn't change and that is willing to fight through the hardships a mental illness poses.
The kind of love that makes our soul sigh and our heart tremble in awe. That's the love that Alexa and Dex share.

But it doesn't start out lik
Alison
Oct 22, 2015 Alison rated it it was amazing
What a fantastic book! Just what I needed to get me out of my book slump. Very angsty, but great storyline and funny at times. Loved it!
Luv My Books
Jan 26, 2016 Luv My Books rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Keeping Secrets was so, so good! This is my second book that I have read by Lisa Eugene. I 'five star loved' her book, Grayson, so much that I decided the cure for missing that book was to jump into another of her books. I am so glad that I did! I'm developing a love for medically themed books with Lisa Eugene's stories. The main character in Keeping Secrets, Alexa, is finishing up her last year of med school. She is struggling with more than exams, labs and papers. I really do appreciate the he ...more
Cranky - The Book Curmudgeon
Dec 23, 2015 Cranky - The Book Curmudgeon rated it it was amazing
***** 5 Cranky Stars *****

Heartwarming with serious topics and a great style of writing.

Alexa Kennedy is at the top of her medical class. She is smart, beautiful, and kind person.

Underneath the surface, however, lies darkness. Body issues, self-loathing, she is bulimic, which stem from her father's ideas of perfection.

Rushing one night to the hospital to say goodbye to a patient, she crashes into Dex.

Dex: a successful business man who runs his own company, is commitment shy. The night Alexa cr
Give Me Books
Oct 23, 2015 Give Me Books rated it it was amazing
This is a book DEDICATED to those people in the world who live with mental illness, and to me that is AWESOME!

Alexa is a doctor, well, a fourth year medical student working on the pediatric oncology floor. To say her life is stressful is an understatement. Not only is having to work her tail off wearing on her, but she is also still taking classes. The other students in her class are cutthroat and willing to do anything to bump her out of the valedictorian spot.

Dex, a rich man, workaholic and
Melody
Oct 03, 2015 Melody rated it it was amazing
Ms. Eugene handles the very tough subject of mental illness amazingly. I was breathless and had to put it down a few times because it felt like she was in my head.

Alexa is a 4th year med student. The heart break of being a doctor is touched on briefly as she finds out a child that she has been treating is dying. On her way to the hospital she has a car accident with a man she thinks is a complete jerk. Turns out that Dex is a hero even with his own issues. He doesn't do relationships. He and Al
Traci
Oct 04, 2015 Traci rated it it was amazing
Nothing could have prepared my heart for what it was about to feel in this book! I laughed so hard my husband thought I was crazy and cried so hard my kids were seriously worried about me. There is so much to this story I don't even know where to begin! Alexa is a broken girl with a shattered past, and not just by her own doing. She has endured more in her life than one should ever have to, and she isn't done yet. Dex has lived through the most tragic of situations and has turned bitter and rese ...more
Philomena Callan Cheekypee
Oct 23, 2015 Philomena Callan Cheekypee rated it it was amazing
I really wasn't prepared for such a great read. The author takes the subject of mental illness and writes about it in a beautiful and sensitive way.

Alexa is a medical student. She's focused and works hard. However she's got secrets that is making daily life a struggle.

Dex is a rich sexy guy. He also works hard and has secrets.

When these twos worlds crash together they get more than they bargained for. Will their secrets keep them apart??

I truly loved this story. I found myself moaning at my k
Yvonne
Dec 09, 2015 Yvonne rated it it was ok
It seems as though I've got the unpopular opinion on this novel.

I couldn't find Alexa relatable on any level, at any point during the book. Even though she undergoes what myself, and plenty of others girls have to endure every single day, her character didn't really speak to me that way.. I really liked Dex though, and honestly he was the only reason I gave it two stars.

2 unkept secret stars from me!
Elodie
Nov 22, 2015 Elodie rated it it was amazing
I don't have much to say - except that this is the best book I've read since Puddle Jumping ! This was just phenomenal, Lisa Eugene sure knows how to write a damn good story.

"I couldn't touch her enough, couldn't kiss her enough, and I couldn't wrap my brain around my desperate need for her. There was an insanity in desiring someone so much."
Heather
Sep 29, 2015 Heather marked it as to-read
CAN. NOT. WAIT. FOR. THIS!!

Romance Readers Retreat
Oct 09, 2015 Romance Readers Retreat rated it it was amazing
5 Heartfelt Stars

I floved this book hard.

Alexa Kennedy is what appears to be a shy self conscious young woman who strives to be the best at everything she does. Alexa is studying medicine and is aiming for Valedictorian to win a placement at the prestigious Mayo Clinic. However Alexa puts up a front with people when deep down she’s struggling inside and battling some really dreadful disorders which she thinks are beyond her control. Everything starts to come crashing down when she crashes her Fa
Michelle
Feb 28, 2016 Michelle rated it really liked it
4-4.5 stars. Dex Blakewell and Alexa Kennedy meet under less than ideal circumstances and have a poor first impression of each other, after all, their cars are now wrecked. Alexa is a medical student about to graduate and her every focus and bit of energy is focused on succeeding. She is consumed by working hard and diligently that she doesn't have the time or interest in a relationship. Not to mention that Alexa has her own personal issues that prevents her from letting other people in too clos ...more
Karrie Mellott Puskas
Oct 20, 2015 Karrie Mellott Puskas rated it it was amazing
I've reviewed quite a few books this years. Every so often you read a book that has just left you speechless. Keeping Secrets literally has done just that.

This book is just profound. It hits on so many topics. I am just trying hard to write this review without giving anything away. So let me just say a few things.

Alexa and Dex me literally by accident. Alexa is in medical school and Dex is your hot millionaire. Ok so you're probably like yeah yeah yeah, sounds like something I read before. No
Shelly Wygant
Dec 12, 2015 Shelly Wygant rated it it was amazing
Kudos to Lisa Eugene for writing another great book that will keep you thinking about it long after you turn the last page.

Alexa is in medical school and strives for nothing better than the top. As the story continues on you will peel each layer of her back and see the struggles that she has to deal with in her life. There are many deep dark secrets that she keeps. Dex crashes into Alexa's life, literally. Even though they don't get off on the right foot they soon becomes friends. Dex brings so
Catherine
Sep 24, 2015 Catherine rated it it was amazing
Overcoming the past and finding love.
Alexa has high expectations for herself. As a third year medical student, she is on the path to become valedictorian of her class and she has baggage--really big baggage.
Enter Dex...Dex is a self made man. Having overcome a difficult past, he works hard to be a success and enjoys the fruits of his labors. That is until the day they literally run into each other.
Neither Alex or Dex has the time or inclination for a relationship but they strike up an unlikely
**SALE ALERT** 1 4 Feb 08, 2016 01:51PM
  • Missing Pieces
  • Clouds in My Coffee (Limbo, #2)
  • Sins of September (September, #1)
  • True Devotion (True, #2)
  • Filthy 4 (Filthy, #4)
  • Life After Taylah
  • Enraptured (Fullerton Family Saga, #3)
  • The New Rule (The Casual Rule #2)
  • Unearthed (The Heights, #2)
  • This Old Heart of Mine
  • Denying Mr. Parks (Parks #1)
  • With Every Breath (Wanderlust #1)
  • Taking Connor
  • Sadie's Mountain (Montani Semper Liberi , #1)
  • Intent
  • Take Me with You (Count on Me, #3)
  • The Land of the Beautiful Dead
  • Never Doubt Me (Judge Me Not, #2)

Lisa Eugene began writing as a way to mentally escape from the hectic medical world where she has been a practicing nurse for over twenty years. She loves to incorporate her medical background into her steamy, romantic reads. Her books are fast paced, emotional roller-coasters---and her fans always enjoy the ride.

When she's not plotting her next dangerous, fast-paced, sexy adventure, you can find
More about Lisa Eugene...

“I knew I had determination and the ability and drive to work hard. I was smart and had an aptitude for retaining information. Those were things had I focused on. My whole life I’d fought to be the best at everything I did, but I never felt good about myself. It always seemed to be an uphill battle because I considered myself fundamentally flawed, like I wasn’t properly equipped. It was like I was going to war with a pocket knife when others around me had machine guns and heavy artillery. This” 0 likes