Start by marking “The Berenstain Bears and Too Much Car Trip” as Want to Read:
The Berenstain Bears and Too Much Car Trip

The Berenstain Bears and Too Much Car Trip

(The Berenstain Bears)

This year's family vacation is not what Brother and Sister Bear had in mind. Mama and Papa Bear are eager to explore the wonders of Bear Country, but the cubs would rather be anywhere but the backseat of the family car! ...more
Published January 3rd 2006 by HarperFestival (first published 2006)

To ask other readers questions about The Berenstain Bears and Too Much Car Trip, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Berenstain Bears and Too Much Car Trip

Start your review of The Berenstain Bears and Too Much Car Trip
Baby Goode
Jun 26, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: library-books
This book was a little too long for us.
Shiloah
Nov 04, 2017 rated it liked it
2019 reading: a fun reminder of the importance of family car trips.
Anne
May 21, 2019 rated it it was ok
If you've been looking for a Berenstain bear book that references the loss of life in the Civil War, this is the book for you. I will look for other ways to bring up the subject of death.
Also, Mama and Papa bear show Brother and Sister "Honeymoon Falls" where they went on their honeymoon. Sister asks why she doesn't remember taking that conversation, and Brother tells her she wasn't born. So, if you feel like talking about birth and death juxtaposed with a family vacation, have fun with this.
Andrea
Love this book about car trips. The cubs are not too excited at first, but have fun and learn a lot from the different sites they visit. The book emphasizes the beauty of nature and the importance of history. Hints at real sites and covers lots of elements of a road trip (from the planning, to the driving, and all the stops along the way).

We purchased this book on our trip to South Dakota in August of 2016.
Lucca
Jun 13, 2019 rated it it was ok
Taija
Feb 04, 2020 rated it liked it
Not sure why this book is titled “Too Much Car Trip” when everyone thoroughly enjoyed themselves literally the entire time. Okay wait. I stand corrected - the cubs hated the first page of the car ride.
Anna
Jul 23, 2019 rated it it was ok
This has lots of words, but it's a nice story about the bears gong on vacation and the little cubs learning to appreciate a good car road trip. Illustrations are your typical illustrations you see in the Berenstain Bears books. ...more
Kati
Mama and Papa decide the family needs to go on a good ol’ fashioned road trip to educate Brother and Sister on the history of Bear Country. Activities include a Civil War reenactment and viewing “Mount Grizzmore.” Meaning there was once slavery in Bear Country. Need I say more?
Cassandra Gelvin
Oct 01, 2016 rated it liked it
Nope, apparently there's no such thing as too much car trip.

A pretty misleading title, as nobody has too much of the car trip. I was really expecting it to be about Mama and Papa bear realizing that sometimes pushing everybody to do too many things on a long car trip is a bad idea, but no. The kids have a great time, despite their initial dislike of the idea.

Basically, Mama and Papa are planning a road trip with the kids, but not the baby. The kids think it's going to be super boring and they do
Danielle Nicholson
Aug 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
It was funny that while I read this to my babygirl (and got the attention of two of my older kids) I was able to tell them about several of the many (and lawda mercy I mean many) road trips I had to take as a kid. It was so much fun recalling many of the fun trips to places like seeing Niagara Falls being lit up with lights at night down to watching the sunrise over the Grand Canyon, down to watching an egg fry on a rock just to prove a point.

I just can't wrap my head around how adults can look
Rosa Cline
Jan 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: children learning about History-Geography
Shelves: kids
This is a more complex without being a chapter book, book. The cubs are wanting to go various place for vacation but their parents feel they are old enough to go on a road trip to see the various Historical sites in bear country. The author incorporates the 'real' Mt Rushmore, Niagara falls, Civil War reenactments and a few other real things into the bear country History. So if you read this with your child it gives you a lead to teach your children about the real places. The bear cubs realize h ...more
Crystal
Dec 25, 2007 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: children and parents of children
Shelves: juvenile
This book was cute. It was more like a classic BB book, making a sneakily good point about the potential joys of road trips and learning more about your national monuments, parks, and history. Plus, it comes with a nifty little car travel bingo game inside, so kids can not only read on a trip how much fun a trip can be, but can then play the game, like Brother and Sister Bear set the example for. Definitely worth a read for kids and parents.
chucklesthescot
Aug 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: children, fiction
This was one of the better books with Brother and Sister not being impressed at the idea of a car trip holiday but as they see all the historical and scenic sights around Bear Country, they start to change their mind and enjoy the family holiday. I liked the grumpy bear faces and bored looks at the start of the book along with the Bear versions of American history.
Anna
Oct 01, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: childrens
Brother and Sister Bear want to go vacation to an amusement park or water park, but Mama and Papa take them on a big car trip where they see great waterfalls, battlefields and soldiers' graves, and heroes of Bear Country carved into the side of a mountain.

Parents will love this one, especially those like me who want their kids to learn about history.
T Crockett
Feb 07, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: picture-books
I read this to a mix of ages (3-8). The older kids had fun pointing out the sites that the bears visit, which actually exist in the USA. The younger ones liked the story and were really excited to think these places were real.
Amy Phelps
Abigail
Aug 20, 2011
Maggie
Feb 21, 2011

• The Berenstain Bears: That's So Rude!
  • Featuring Rarity (My Little Pony Pony Tales)
  • The Berenstain Bears Go Green
  • The Berenstain Bears and the Tooth Fairy
  • The Berenstain Bears Visit Grizzlyland
  • The Berenstain Bears' Pet Rescue
  • Welcome to the Party
  • Fangsgiving
  • Fright Club
  • The Deep End (Diary of a Wimpy Kid, #15)
  • The Berenstain Bears God Bless Our Country
  • Mercy Watson Fights Crime
  • Monster Trouble!
  • There’s a Monster in Your Book
  • Bad Kitty
  • The Berenstain Bears: We Love Trucks!
  • The Monsters' Monster
  • Bubble Trouble (Doc McStuffins)
Stan and Jan Berenstain (often called The Berenstains) were American writers and illustrators best known for creating the children's book series the Berenstain Bears. Their son Mike Berenstain joined them as a creative team in the late 1980s. ...more

The Berenstain Bears (1 - 10 of 53 books)
  • The Berenstain Bears' Nursery Tales
  • The Berenstain Bears' Nature Guide
  • The Berenstain Bears' Science Fair (Berenstain Bears)
  • Papa's Pizza
  • The Berenstain Bears' Christmas Tree
  • The Berenstain Bears Storybook Treehouse
  • The Berenstain Bears and the Wild, Wild Honey
  • Berenstain Bears Go Fly a Kite
  • The Berenstain Bears' Soccer Star (mini book)
  • The Berenstain Bears and The Big Election