Start by marking “Pas de deux (Jeux dangereux, #3)” as Want to Read:
Pas de deux (Jeux dangereux, #3)

Pas de deux

(The Game #3)

Abbi est hantee par ses demons du passe. Black n'a pas panse ses blessures d'enfance. Ensemble ils veulent retrouver le gout de vivre. La danse est le seul moyen pour Abbi de combattre la depression qui l'etouffe a longueur de journees. Black a quitte Londres pour fuir son passe, et les souvenirs qui le guettent a chaque coin de rue. A son arrivee a New York, il rencontre ...more
Published February 4th 2015 by Hachette Black Moon (first published March 27th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Pas de deux, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Pas de deux

Z. Elizabeth
Jun 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
When this book has a date and is out (and edited hahaah) I will write a review for it. BUT dear god, Emma told me i would cry a river and by god, she was right! I SOBBED so hard.
Quirks
Apr 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015-reads
4.5 Stars

I have never been through depression myself and I can only hope that I never do. That being said, I've always had a hard time understanding depression. What causes it, why people do the things they do, how someone overcomes it...

This book explains that beautifully.

I absolutely loved the characters. Their depth, their humour and their connection.

I'm not gonna lie, I went into this book thinking that I wouldn't like it very much. Especially Abbi. The main reason for that was her attempt a
Holly Baker
Dec 20, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
In true Emma Hart style, The Right Moves was sweet, emotional, and witty.

I think with all books that contain an emotional storyline, it's important to balance it out with some humour, and Emma always writes dialogue that has me laughing along. And I absolutely loved Abbi and Blake together. They were just so sweet. But then again, the ones who start off broken, always have a special place in my heart.

Emma knows a lot about depression, and that's evident in the portrayal of her character. Everyt
Rejane
Zero star. this is NO romance. I feel cheated. This book is about a serious matter (I understand that).(view spoiler) ...more
Mareli
Jun 25, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
She has a terrible story of depression and attempting suicide. He had a sister dead because of the emptiness of her life. Both of them love ballet and they meet at a ballet school. The story was good even if I expected something more.
Michelle
Jan 19, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I first read this series late last year, and once I had finished the first two books I knew I wanted to read more and the last two books in the series quickly found thier way onto my iPad.

Having already read the previous books, I had a basic idea of what Abbi had gone through, but for those who pick this book up first have it all briefly explained, so you are not missing out on anything.
Abbi is a ballet dancer but after Pearce broke her heart, and her self worth, Abbi went to places and thoughts
Mary
Jun 13, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Book 3 of The Game series has us back with Abbi. If you remember Abbi, we met her in book 1 and she is Maddie's best friend who is also the girl her brother nearly destroyed. Abbi is trying to piece her life back together after nearly succeeding in taking her own life. After spending a year in a mental institution, she is back home and living with her parents and reclaiming her love of ballet. Then she meets Blake, her new dance partner and Blake stirs feelings she never thought she would feel a ...more
LaurLa
I am not an NA fan... I'm not. But if I keep reading them and liking them, I may end up making a liar out of myself. This was a really poignant story about a young woman fighting through deep clinical depression, finding reasons to live again, first through her love of ballet and then with a young man. One who was uniquely able to understand her pain and yet love her all the same. It was very well done and a beautiful love story. I don't know if the author wrote of the illness of depression 'rig ...more
Cassie
Jun 18, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The issues Abbi struggled with gave me many types of feels. With that being said, I felt the romance was bland and rushed many times throughout the book. I also wish more of the original characters were in the book...I found myself wishing Abbi was in Berkeley dancing so she had more interaction with the characters I had already come to love.
Apr 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Wonderful, emotional book.
Amy
Dec 19, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014, 4-stars
This is my favorite book in the series so far! It is so heartbreaking, beautiful and honest. The Right Moves is definitely worth checking out!
Rose
Feb 07, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Right Moves is book 3 in THe Game Series. Is a standalone, romantic comedy from awesome author Emma Hart. I absolutely loved reading about Abbi Jenkins & Blake Smith . The plot is everything you want in a romantic comedy and so much more, lots of emotions.
Marisela Chavez
Jul 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I just love Abbi and Blake. They were just too cute, yes she has her demons and he has a past. But they worked well for the better. He helped her and vice versa.
Tracey Zelukovic
I really like this book, to see what happened in it. Loving the series, can't get enough
beatriz
Sep 04, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: new-adult
This book was so much better than I expected! It's not about a simple romance, it's about depression and separation. I loved Abbi and Blake <3
Ana
Jun 03, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Liked it very much. Nice reading. It has cliches but I loved it.
Marian
Mar 22, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
really good descriptions of how depression can be though
Tjitske
Mar 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is a pleasure to read from the start to the end. The character of Abbie and her problems are very touching. I read every words and it touched me particulary. What I prefer in this book is how the feelings of Abbie were written. We can really see how she finally knows how to start living again.
I also like the fact that the feelings they got for each others isn't very show, it's a childish love story, very pure.

I really recommend to read this book !
Jessica
Apr 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed, new-adult
I am in love with Emma's The Game series, so when I saw she was writing Abbi's book I could hardly contain my excitement! We met her briefly in the first book, as she is Maddie's best friend, and your heart couldn't help but break for her, as she was institutionalized, after attempting suicide. Abbi's story is both heartbreaking and hopeful at the same time, and I'm glad Hart was not afraid to dive into such a difficult topic. This book is realistic and shows you the effects depression has on Ab ...more
Sakura
Jun 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arcs
Actual Rating: 4.5 stars

If you've been following The Game Series, then you'll remember Abbi from The Love Game . It's not necessary to read it prior to reading The Right Moves , but it would be beneficial for getting a deeper insight on her past and present state of being.
"I'm not a shadow of the person I was.
She is a shadow of me."

Abbi was in an abusive relationship and as much as she knew she needed to get out, she couldn't find the strength within herself to leave. She couldn't deal wit
Akeisha -Til' The Last Page BB
I received an ARC in exchange for an honest review.

I thought that The Right Moves was a good story. As I started of reading it, I was immediately drawn in. From the first chapter I thought I should have my tissues ready for a good cry. Emma has a great writing style and develops some good characters that will have you laughing.

Abbi, an 18 year old girl has so many fears, demons, insecurities and is trying to overcome them all. Dance seemed to be the only thing stopping her from repeating the ev
Nicole Emerald Book Reviews  McCurdy
This was such a beautiful, beautiful, beautiful book. Did I mention it's beautiful?
The writing is flawless and the dialogue flows seamlessly between each character and portrays them in a way that brings such realism to their personalities and individual traits. For once we're treated to a set of remarkable and caring parents (Abbi's anyway). The subject matter too is done in such a caring and sensitive way when we get an intense look inside the mind of someone suffering severe depression throug
Marci
May 22, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2014
This installment of The Game series has characters of Maddie and Braden from the first book visit a couple of times, but it had a completely different feel to it than the other two books in the series. I would have preferred we stayed at Berkeley with the group we have already met, quite honestly. Instead the book takes place in Brooklyn and Manhattan in NY.

This book is about Maddie's best friend who is also the girl her brother nearly destroyed. Abbi is trying to piece her life back together af
Chrissy
Mar 13, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: series, read-in-2015
We met Abbi in The Love Game as Maddie’s best friend, so I was excited after hearing some of her back story to see she was getting her own book!

Abbi’s book is a lot deeper than the previous two books in this series, it deals with some real, hard issues, and overcoming these things to find happiness. We didn’t know much about Abbi going into this book, except that she was in a mental institution for trying to kill herself. We start this book with her out, and trying to live again.

Abbi has found h
Broadway Girl  Book Reviews (Beth Lattanzi)
Depression is a serious topic that many people struggle with daily. Not everyone is able to pull out of that and find something worth living for, find something worth getting out of bed and dressing for. The is the story of finding hope; when you are in one of your darkest places in life and pulling through and finding something worth living for.

My heart broke for Abbi and the demons that she was struggling with. She had to fight her depression on a daily basis, even though some days were worse
Rachel R. (My Book Empire)
I’ve read some books by Emma Hart and I must say that this one affected me the most – in a positive way of course.

“The things that give you real happiness are priceless.”
I was used to Maddie and Braden’s playful banter in The Love Game and I honestly expected something like that too in this book but Hart surprised me.

Abbi is a very brave woman. Battling depression is one thing, but living through all the hardships is another. Sure, she was admitted in an institution, treated there and finally g
books are love
Apr 02, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Out of the three game series books, this one takes the cake. I loved it. I love how heartfelt this story is. How you feel the angst and pain that both Blake and Abbi are going through. How they are trying to heal and how they feel safe with each other. How dance is their escape but mostly how they have each other to help one another heal and move on.

Abbi has had a devastating relationship that destroyed her. This sweet shy young lady who lives to dance had someone destroy her self confidence and
Erin
Apr 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the 3rd book in Emma Hart’s “The Game” series. I was introduced to this series through twitter when someone posted the new cover art for the first two in the series, The Love Game & Playing For Keeps.

The Right Moves is all about Abbi Jenkins who we are briefly introduced to in The Love Game as she is main character Maddie’s best friend. We don’t really know too much about her other than that she was living in a mental institution because she had tried to take own life. The story foll
Megan
Feb 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow, I don’t even know where to start… You have a girl that was horribly broken, so bad that she almost couldn’t make it back up to the light… you have a hot Brit who tragically lost his sister. Both of them broken, but together oh so perfect.

Abbi literally broke my freakin’ heart on almost every page! There were times when I seriously didn’t think she was going to make it, but she was just so strong and she wouldn’t let the darkness win. Totally loved her strength and perseverance!

Blake was als
Danielle from Short and Sassy

The Right Moves is a great story about young people who have troubled past and somehow find each other. Abbi is a New Yorker, who has had a recent problems. She is coming out of a stay at a mental hospital for hurting herself. After a troubled relationship with her best friend's brother, Abbi is trying her hardest to be whole again. She is desperate not to be the girl she was before. She is trying to get back to things she used to love, that includes mostly dancing. Abbi was once on the fast tra
« previous 1 3 next »

• Always Forever (Sometimes Never, #4)
  • Delayed Offsides (Crossing the Line, #2)
  • Reaching Gavin (Good Girls Don't, #3)
  • Bad Company (Summer Love, #2)
  • Heartstrings (Love Notes, #2)
  • Beautiful Clarity (Beautiful, #3)
  • Broken Lens (Through the Lens, #2)
  • Beautiful Broken (University of Branton, #2)
  • Loving Lily (It's Always Been You, #2)
  • First Chances (With Me, #4)
  • Fighting to Stand (Disastrous, #2.5)
  • The Truth About Us (Mills Lake, #1)
  • Irrevocable Trust (Irreparable, #1.5)
  • Rocked Out (Rocked, #2)
  • Forever (The Finale to the This Series)
  • Running From Forever (The Forever Series, #5)
  • Chased Dreams (Chasing Nikki, #3)
  • Temper for You (For You, #3)
Emma Hart is the New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of over twenty novels and has been translated into several different languages. She first put fingers to keys at the age of eighteen after her husband told her she read too much and should write her own.
Four years later, she's still figuring out what he meant when he said she 'read too much.'

She prides herself on writing smart smut

The Game (4 books)
  • The Love Game (The Game, #1)
  • Playing for Keeps (The Game, #2)
  • Worth the Risk (The Game, #4)
“Forgetting isn’t the key to moving on. Remembering is, because only once we’ve remembered can we forget.” 8 likes
“there’s nothing more perfect than imperfection.” 2 likes