Start by marking “Mark (In the Company of Snipers, #2)” as Want to Read:
Mark (In the Company of Snipers, #2)

Mark

(In the Company of Snipers #2)

Mark Houston has done the unthinkable.... The U.S. Marine has fallen in love with his buddy's fiance, Libby Clifton. When Jon is killed in action, Mark elects to accompany the body home. After he completes his sorrowful duty, he walks away. She might be the only woman he'll ever love, but she isn't his to comfort. She never will be. The sad truth is Jon loved the Corps ...more
Published January 9th 2014 by Windy Days Press

To ask other readers questions about Mark, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mark

Start your review of Mark (In the Company of Snipers, #2)
My Secret Book Spot
Jan 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed
Mark (In the Company of Snipers #2) by Irish Winters
5 out of 5 Stars
Irish Winters has out done her first book, Alex! I don’t know how she makes you care so much for her characters, but she simply pulls every emotion from you and has you needing to finish the book because you can’t leave the characters stuck in limbo. There is a place where Mark and Libby, the two main characters in this book, are standing on the porch and he’s leaving to go back to Afghanistan and in reality it’s time for dinner
Tnt Reviews
Feb 18, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

Mark Houston is a marine in love with his best friend, Jon’s, fiancée, Libby. He is chosen to break the horrible news of Jon’s death to Libby. While dealing with this horrible responsibility, Mark realizes the Libby sees him as no more than a friend. Libby desperately needs a friend, and Mark is the very best. She comes to the shocking realization that Jon was never going to marry her. Jon loved the military more than he loved
Southern Sky
I don't think the relationship between Mark and Libby was developed at all. The book is more focused on the Russians and what was going on in Afghanistan. I guess I just feel cheated because I expected to read about the relationship but it was mostly a blink and you miss it kind of thing. One minute she's living in Chicago and ignoring Mark, the next he saves her from her creepy teacher guy, then she's in love with him and he's calling her his girlfriend. I was flipping back and forth trying to ...more
Anastasia
This story is sweet, so I did enjoy it but it was not what I was hoping for.

Some of the issues I had with this book:
- The story lacked intimacy & steaminess. There were some intimate moments between the main characters but even those conversations did not to delve too deep.
- Any interfering character in this book was conveniently taken care of in one matter or another, making it too easy. There was no sense that the characters really struggled with too much guilt which in some of the
Amazeballs Book Addicts
Irish Winters does it again with this one. I have to say while I'm not sure it replaces Alex as my favorite, it definitely is very close. Mark has loved Libby from the get go, but he thinks Libby only sees him as a friend and that she needs time to grieve her fiancé. Libby on the other hand, yes she loved her fiancé, but she always knew deep down he loved the military more. Fast forward a little, Mark and Libby are thrown together by drug smuggling and other circumstances at the time which also ...more
Lucie Paris
An interesting but unbalanced muscular military romance. As in Alex, the author manages to invent a plausible story with fast pace action. This is on the feelings part that the story is lacking strenght.

Indeed, Mark has feelings for Libby at the worst moments ... when she buries her fiancé. Then, they fall for each other when an extremly dangerous situation appears. The shit hits the fan with murders and atrocities ... The timing is never good!
And when all conditions are met, Mark delivers a
Lynn Hill
Feb 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
After reading Alex I was so happy to get Mark and was just as in love with these people. The author has done an awesome job and it is very exciting. I couldn't put this one down either. Can't wait for the next one!! Please hurry!
Nancy
Feb 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love the writing of Irish Winters. Looking forward to reading her next book "Zack" coming out in May.
Cheri
Oct 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Disclosure: I listened to the audio of this one. As always, the author grabs all of my emotions. Mark is the best friend of John who was engaged to the woman Mark loves. He has made no moves on her and becomes her support system when John is Killed in Action. After the funeral, he leaves to start his new life and she continues her new life in a new city. It is sad, yet when the truth comes out and everyone finally admits it the story changes.

Mark is the new guy on the team and having the usual
Patty
Oct 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Keep this series coming! I love the style of Irish Winters, a good romantic suspense to keep you on the edge of your seat and warm your heart. This second book of the series lets us get to know Mark. He comes to tell his best friend's fiance, Libby that he was killed in action. Having loved her from afar, he is worried about her but knows he has to let her grieve. When danger then lurks, Mark and his team will do their best to get to the bottom of it and keep Libby safe. Winters has a great way ...more
Pat
Nov 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Well, Irish Winters has done it again, I am loving this "In the company of snipers" series, I haven't read them in order but it doesn't matter as they are all standalone stories.
This is the second book in the series and the Team is growing under the leadership of the brilliant, moody Alex and his gorgeous wife Kelsey, their story was featured in book one.
This story begins in a heart wrenching way when one of the last tasks that Sergeant Mark Huston of the USMC has to perform is to inform his
Linda Ellis
Nov 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Interesting, well-drawn characters, with a couple of exceptions. ‘Mother’s’ role in the company is very vague, though ‘essential’ and she primarily seems to be there to irritate people with her nosiness. The character of Alex, Mark’s boss, and the subject of the first book in the series, I found puzzling, especially in the light of his own story. I couldn’t really believe in the extreme contrast between his work persona and his home persona.

The other aspect that puzzled me, was trying to make
Jo-Ann Fitzgerald
Jun 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed
This is the 2nd book in the series.

The heroine comes across as a pampered princess a bit. By her falling apart when she finds her fiancé has died makes her seem human instead of an untouchable princess. You do get to meet her family and you really get to like them and how they accepted our hero. It was good to see her develop and behave more like an everyday person.

When we meet our hero, you really get a sense in who he is and you really connect and feel for him. With the added feelings for
Bonnie McCullough
Jan 04, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good story.

It was a very good story that involved not just the heroine and the strong, sexy snipper (without getting vulgar), but it also detailed and let the reader get to know Libby's family, especially her mom! The story covered a lot of locations and gave this reader a different view of the people in Afghanistan.
Rita C
Jan 03, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This one was much better than the first one. The protagonists were more consistently written and more likable. Alex (hero from first book) is still around and half the time is a giant asshole, and half the time is a decent guy. Just as inconsistently portrayed as ever. Mark on the other hand is a solid, decent guy from the first minute, and all the way through.
Jocelyne
Nov 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the second book In the Company of Snipers Series, a Romantic Suspense. I like it when a Series has intertwined characters! This is a great addition to the Series. Mark and Libby's story is very suspenseful! I loved it! Troy Duran did an outstanding job with the narration. I enjoyed listening to this audiobook, and I can't wait for the next book in the Series.
Pat Rathmann
May 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
AN INTENSE AND SUSPENSEFUL ROMANCE

This is a story about three people who have been friends most of their lives. Both of these men love the same girl. There is heartbreak, pain and suffering and finally an everlasting love.
Sandy
Nov 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book

A great combination of intrigue and action keeps you reading. The beginning is heartbreaking but the love story is perfect.
Kathleen
Dec 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Kept me on the edge until the end

This was suspenseful and fast moving. Many characters with sideline stories.
So happy that in the end everyone had a good life ahead.
Susan Destefano cavallo zimmerman
Book two in the sniper series and much better than the first book. Great continuation of the series and hopefully next book will add on to the stories.
Bernie
May 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Mark review

Mark is the second romantic suspense book In the Company of Snipers series written by author Irish Winters. Great characters.
Kemberlee Snelling
Great read

This is an amazing story! I felt what Libby and Mark felt throughout the story. Irish Winters writes a compelling tale that had me on the edge of my seat.
Ringo
Nov 04, 2019 rated it did not like it
DNF, lost interest.
Mrs Barbara Cunliffe
Fantastic

Once again,totally captivated with all the characters. Definitely would recommend this series of books. Can't wait to read the next book
CYNTHIA
Oct 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
OMG

Whew what a wild ride to a beautiful happy ever after. I'm still smiling from the happiness. Thank you again Irish Winters. Now on to book no. 3.
Tonileg
Jun 14, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle, romance
Contemporary military and then private military romance with a recent young vet finding a new life in America and then love with his dead marine friend's fiance.
So it gets complicated, but not really if you've ever heard that 'my best friend's girlfriend' song because that sums up the beginning of the story. Although she knew that the marriage was never going to happen, but she stayed loyal until his death which is sad, but really shows her lack of self confidence in finding someone that will
Michelle
Good book...

Not as good as Alex and Kelsey's story...
But..I loved that Harley is in this story too. Do not get me wrong I liked the story, but .. can't really figure out what it was, but the story just kinda died at times.
I finished it in one sitting, but then I am really becoming invested as it continues(although I feel as if I read the whole saving Libby thing, I realized that , that part made me think of another story recently I read from one of my fav authors), but after that, I again felt
Yolande
Oct 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book contained everything you'd expect from a romantic suspense read—and more. Ms Winters manages to take the reader on an emotional roller-coaster without being overly dramatic. The suspense is action-packed, the romance tender and sweet and the writing style easy on the eyes.

Ms Winters manages to seemingly effortlessly bring the characters to life with all their human faults, dreams and aspirations. The reader is drawn into the story from the first page and after reading the last, you'll
Rochelle M
Dec 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Made me cry

Mark has to do the worse thing possible he has to tell his good friends girl ( that he secretly loves) that he is not coming home. Libby is heart broken not so much for the man she is not sure she truly loved but for the promises broken.
She finds dsl that she is the target of a sick and very crazy man. Can Mark and his team save her and her family in time? Can Mark tell Libby how he truly feels.
Teresa
Another great read from Irish Winters. This is turning into one of my favourite series. Mark loved Libby but she was going to marry his best friend and fellow marine Jon. Fate steps in and changes everything. A fast paced story with lots of action, suspense romance and heartbreak. Zack is up next and I can't wait to read Harley's story

• Her Guarded Hero (Black Dawn, #5)
  • Her SEAL Rescuer
  • Armed 'N' Ready (Federal K-9 #2)
  • Rescuing Emma (Special Forces: Operation Alpha)
  • Security Risk (Pelican Bay Security, #1)
  • His To Protect (Elite Force Security, #2)
  • Overdue for Love (Long Valley, #3.5)
  • Montana Ranger (Brotherhood Protectors Book 5)
  • Fall Fast (SEALs Undone, #5)
  • Aaron (Hathaway House #1)
  • Bishop's Knight (Endgame Trilogy #1)
  • Hot SEAL, Alaskan Nights (SEALs in Paradise)
  • Slim To None (Cedar Tree, #1)
  • Healed: Stone and Pepper (Cliffside Bay, #7)
  • The Cowboy's Gamble (Destined for Love, #2)
  • Taylor (SEALs of Honor #21)
  • Her Dominant SEAL (Midnight Delta, #6)
  • Love on a Spring Morning (Pine Harbour, #3)
Growing up in the countryside of Wisconsin, I always wanted to be a writer. I've dabbled in poetry, short stories, and more daydreaming than most. Way back when, I remember long Sunday afternoon drives with my parents where they'd
tell us eight kids to, 'Look out the window and see something!'

I've been looking out the window ever since . . .

In the great Northwest pines, I saw a woman who had

In the Company of Snipers (1 - 10 of 19 books)
  • Alex (In the Company of Snipers, #1)
  • Zack (In the Company of Snipers, #3)
  • Harley (In the Company of Snipers, #4)
  • Connor (In the Company of Snipers, #5)
  • Rory (In the Company of Snipers, #6)
  • Taylor (In the Company of Snipers, #7)
  • Gabe (In the Company of Snipers, #8)
  • Maverick (In the Company of Snipers, #9)
  • Cassidy (In the Company of Snipers #10)
  • Adam (In the Company of Snipers #11)