Start by marking “The Trumpets of Jericho” as Want to Read:
The Trumpets of Jericho

The Trumpets of Jericho

The Trumpets of Jericho is the first book, and only novel, devoted in its entirety to one of the more remarkable if lesser-known stories of the Holocaust--the defiant 1944 Jewish armed revolt at the Nazi death camp Auschwitz-- and the just as inspiring account of the four young female conspirators arrested and savagely tortured by the Gestapo during the investigation that ...more
Published January 6th 2017 by Monochrome Books (first published July 22nd 2015)

To ask other readers questions about The Trumpets of Jericho, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Trumpets of Jericho

Start your review of The Trumpets of Jericho
Aaron
Feb 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The tragedy and sheer volume of horror of the Holocaust is presented in this historical fiction novel. Having read The Diary of a Young Girl, Corri Ten Boom's personal account and having watched numerous movies about the Nazis' efforts to exterminate the Jews & other "undesirables" during WWII, I was still unprepared for this book.
It is imperative that people open their eyes to the hateful possibilities and evil actions perpetrated by man upon his fellow man. Simply knowing about the Holocaust,
Tony Parsons
Jan 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
1942-5/1/1945, Ciechanow (town). Noah Zabludowicz (narrator, # 73982), tells his side of them story of what his family endured during the WWII Holocaust.
Roza Robota (18, Isaiah’s daughter, sister, Shomeir group) also enlightens the reader with her version.

From my retired social work perspective, you often wonder if Rochele Gertner (Ala’s baby daughter) was of the lucky ones.

Warning: This book contains extremely graphic adult content, violence, or expletive language &/or uncensored sexually exp
Candy Letasse
Due to extreme circumstances in my life right now, I am still trying to read this book. I am only about half way through it. It is a well written book, the author takes you there. I look forward to being able to finish it.
Shelby Rollenhagen
This book is well-written, but a bit too much for me. Some of the imagery has honestly given me nightmares. (Specifically certain scenes to do with kids.)

I think that Dolan has done a good job of not sugar coating the horrors, but I can't bring myself to finish it. Honestly not finishing it is a shame though, since it is so well done.

This book was received as part of a Good Reads giveaway.
J. Dolan
Mar 12, 2017 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: the-holocaust
New cover, new price, new publisher, new beginning.... or to quote the ancient adage, "If you want it done right, do it yourself."
Danielle Urban
Apr 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Trumpets of Jericho by J. Michael Dolan is a fascinating account of World War II. The darkest time period in history. I am a huge fan on anything that shows me what it was like during that time era. The horrors of what people went through was an emotional journey unlike any other. I loved how historian, J. Michael Dolan, used both fictional and real characters for his book. It was easy to follow along. Loss, grief, and death followed every page. The plot was engaging. It portrayed a realistic te ...more
Candy Letasse
Jan 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: finished
This books is a must read for anyone wanting to know more about the holocaust. This author takes you there. He has done the research, and this book is a blend of fact and novel.
I have had some major things come up in my life, where I didn't have a lot of time to read. Anytime I picked up this book and started reading where I left off, I was transported back to the 1940's.
Excellent piece of literature.
J. Dolan
Sep 04, 2016 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: the-holocaust
Yes, this is the novel I wrote. I'll let you folks star and review it. If you'd like, visit www.facebook.com/thetrumpetsofjericho/ to get a feel for it, www.jmichaeldolan.net for a discount, reduced shipping, and other perks.
Excerpts at both sites.
Casey Briones
Dec 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Trumpets Of Jericho. What can I say? Before reading this absolute masterpiece, I was unaware that anything like it existed. Being a stricly non-fiction reader, I started reading Trumpets with a bit of skepticism. Myself being a (very amateur) historian, the storyline of most fiction novels tends to be hindered as I pay very close attention to factual accuracy (which is more often than not filled with mistakes) Here, however, J. Michael Dolan has created something quite special. Here is an au ...more
Esmie
Sep 29, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
well done. couldn't finish it.
Meirav kaye
Jan 24, 2017
Dave Circle
Mar 07, 2017
J. Dolan
Sep 10, 2017 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Micielle
Stacia Chappell
DEBORAH SHAW

• Thief River Falls
  • Under A Pole Star
  • The Cruelest Miles: The Heroic Story of Dogs and Men in a Race Against an Epidemic
  • The Tenderness of Wolves
  • Nazi Hunter: The Wiesenthal File
  • The Holocaust Chronicle
  • The Nazi Doctors: Medical Killing and the Psychology of Genocide
  • The German House
  • Along the Broken Bay
  • This Much Country
  • Fatal Decision: Edith Cavell WWI Nurse
  • The Girl from Oto (Miramonde #1)
  • The Twenty-Ninth Day
  • Four Nails
  • The Scarlet Countess: The Incredible Story of Mary Lindell - Wartime Agent
  • Thin Ice (Alaska Wild Mysteries #1)
  • The Trumpets of Jericho: a novel
FB Author Page: www.facebook.com/thetrumpetsofjericho
Amazon: www.amazon.com/dp/B071F34ZZC
Bookbaby: https://store.bookbaby/book/the-trump...

A precocious reader as a child, at the age of 12 I happened upon the iconic I Cannot Forgive by Rudolf Vrba, thus beginning a lifelong obsession with the Holocaust. For reasons that elude me today, though, I never thought of writing about it.
A wanderer for much

Related Articles

“Death by malnutrition is one of the more agonizing there is. Essentially, it comes from the body feeding on itself, first its reserves of fat, then muscle and other tissue. In Q-Camp, Noah had begun to feel this very hunger, not that of a missed meal or even a few days of meals, but a silent and continuous scream from the body, a tortured cry every waking minute from every slowly dying cell, a demand that never ceased nor gave surcease from pain. It was the hunger that in its terrible, self-predatory alchemy transformed men into obscenities, into something not men.” 2 likes
“Menachem leaned to his right and spat. "There's that name again," he said, wiping his mouth with his sleeve. "Refresh my memory, will you, rabbi? Who the hell is this God you keep mentioning?"
Langfus responded as if to a legitimate question. "The one true God of our fathers. The God of Abraham and Moses."
"Oh.... Him," Menachem said. "Yes, I remember Him. He went away a while back, didn't He? For good it looks like, too. But He did leave a message, want to read it? It's written right here."
The boy pulled up his sleeve to reveal the five-digit tattoo.”
2 likes