Start by marking “Doctor Who: Death Riders” as Want to Read:
Doctor Who: Death Riders

Doctor Who: Death Riders

The Galactic Fair has arrived on the mining asteroid of Stanalan and anticipation is building around the construction of the fair's most popular attraction - the Death Ride! But there is something sinister going on behind all the fun of the fair; people are mysteriously dying in the Off-Limits tunnels. Join the Doctor, Amy and Rory as they investigate . . .
Published November 17th 2015 by Penguin Group UK (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Doctor Who, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Doctor Who

Start your review of Doctor Who: Death Riders
emily
Jun 14, 2016 rated it liked it
maybe like....2.5??

i've just recently discovered the glory that is Doctor Who comics and books. This is the first Doctor Who book that I've read and it was....eh. It was fine. It was fun, I suppose, but the story wasn't the best. I love when the stories have really cool creatures and planets, but they're even better when there's actual meaning and heart behind the stories. This didn't really have that, even though it tried really hard with this whole music theme. I also felt like the author did
Ariana
Oct 30, 2015 rated it liked it
3.5 Stars

Originally posted on: The Quirky Book Nerd

*I received a copy of this through Netgalley in exchange for an honest review*

The Doctor, Amy, and Rory land on Stanalan—an asteroid used for mining—which, as they soon find out, contains an entire civilization. The caretaker, Perpetual Pete, who has been there far longer than anyone living on Stanalan can even remember, has marked some of the old mining tunnels as Off-Limits. He claims that they require maintenance, says they are liable to coll
Hilary
Nov 16, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley, sf
Doctor Who delights in taking what you know, what you think you know, and turning it around, whether it's inexplicable life forms, exposing our assumptions and biases, or simply taking the familiar into a new setting.

This is no exception. Landing in an asteroid, Amy and Rory - with the Eleventh Doctor (Matt Smith) - discover a funfair deep inside the tunnels, but something is going on with the obviously-not-at-all-ominously-named Death Ride.

Their voices come through very clearly, so I could almo
Andrea Guy
Jan 11, 2016 rated it liked it
Doctor Who stories fall into two categories, great and not so great. For me this one was not so great. I love Eleventh Doctor adventures with Amy and Rory but this one didn't do it for me.

I rate these stories on how much I wish that they would have been episodes. This one felt like it was a rip off of Nightmare In Silver, one of the Neil Gaiman's episodes from the Matt Smith era of the show.

Maybe it was the setting of both. "Silver" was set in an abandoned amusement park and Death Riders is set
Marjolein
Oct 30, 2015 rated it really liked it

Read all my reviews on http://urlphantomhive.booklikes.com

I'm a fan of the show but currently I'm terribly behind on watching the series. Luckily there are books like these that I have the time to sneak in between my other reading.

The Eleventh Doctor, Amy and Rory land on a faraway planet where some weird thing are happening at a fair with a ride, that's not without a reason called the Death Ride.

I really quite enjoyed this story. It's a very fast read and it reads as if you're watchi
Khara
Jun 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
Quick easy reading.
A fast Doctor Who story with Matt Smith as the Elevent Doctor, and Amy and Rory.
An asteroid mining town, with a galactic fair going on just as they arrive.
Villainous Drexxons and a deadly escape plan.
Will the Deatn Ride through the tunnels be the end of all of them!?
Good story, and a quick read. I liked it
Angela
May 29, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: childrens, doctor-who
The Doctor, Amy and Rory land on an asteroid where people are dying. There's a funfair and monsters. Feels like a by numbers book for kids, and that is exactly what it is. Ok for children, probably very exciting for them too.
Joe Pranaitis
Jul 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Author Justin Richards brings is another great adventure of the Doctor along with Amy and Rory. This time the TARDIS lands in a tunnel on an asteroid that has held mines for centuries as well as deadly creatures in slumber. But one of the creatures escaped long ago and has been trying to find the tunnel that would lead to the nest of his hibernating friends. But what brought that creature to the asteroid was a carnival and it posed as a dancing monkey. Amy sees this and think that the human on t ...more
Ian
Mar 03, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: sci-fi
This and other Justin Richards books reviewed here: https://fsfh-book-review2.webnode.com... ...more
Conan Tigard
Nov 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
Doctor Who: Death Riders is a story that takes place in the 33rd century in the tunnels of an asteroid in the Torajii system. The miners live in the tunnels, never going outside. They have tunnels that are safe and others that are considered off-limits. A very old man, Perpetual Pete, has marked the tunnels that are off-limits and warns the miners not to go into them. But, lately, some have, and now dead bodies are showing up. The Galactic Fair has come to town and they are setting up a massive ...more
Tracey
I don't know. I just don't know. I don't know why I requested not one, not two, but three Doctor Who novels from Netgalley… I don't know what I was expecting. But this wasn't great.

The Eleventh Doctor is far from a favorite of mine, so there's that to start with; I loved Amy and Rory, but … really? Did they (she) bicker like this? I know Rory was led by his, er, nosehairs, but I don't remember Amy being this … bull-headed. And ugly. I didn't like this Amy at all – or this Rory.

I don't know abo
Arlene Arredondo
Dec 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I’m not a huge Doctor Who fan, I love the show and have seen a few Doctors go by. My daughter is a huge fan, even starts talking like she came out of Cardiff with her Dr. Who shoes and so and so.
Well evidently, since I’m writing a review, I got the chance to read this amazing tale of one of my favorite Doctors, Yes! Doctor Who, eleventh by the way. Now I feel like I’m been taken by a Time Lord.
This is a short tale, full with excitement and mystery. A murder has occurred and the Galactic Fair is
Carol Keen
Feb 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I'm having too much fun! It's another exciting read with the 11th Doctor, Amy and Rory. Yeah!

Having landed on an asteroid, our group finds out that in the tunnels something that isn't just the Death Ride is happening. When people start dying, is it the ride of death, or is something else at work here? We know one thing for sure, the Doctor is in and he can do something about it.

Another fun fast read that I am glad I read. Thanks to Net Galley for this book in exchange for my honest review and
AnnaM
Nov 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley, ya
Eleven, Rory and Amy stop off for a bit of fun and race through another adventure full of twists and turns. Things are not exactly as they seem. And death waits around the corner.

This short YA book reads quickly and like a short TV episode. The characters sound like the characters. The plot is twisty and fun with a hint of danger and tension that ratchets up as the pace increases.

I highly recommend this story. I liked it. I think all three of my kids would like it. Well done!
Ruby
Apr 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
A strange fair in the middle of an asteroid... people going missing after a tunnel ride... the doctor and the TARDIS right in the thick of things... yup, this book is typical Whovian fun and definitely a must read of anyone claiming to be a fan. Amy and Rory are stellar and the author does a superb job bringing Matt Smith's doctor to paper. Wonderful!!
thebookiereviewer
Nov 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Another great adventure of the doctor! Amy and Rory go with the doctor to a fair in where obviously not everything is as it seems. The story and the characters makes this read a very enoyable experience. I highly recommend it.

disclaimer: I got a copy from netgalley for my honest review
Melenia
Jan 21, 2016 rated it liked it
Decent read
Angela
Mar 13, 2016 rated it liked it
Fun and very quick read. A few moments where the author took Eleven a less seriously than he could have. He is not always zany or weird or looking for a pratfall. But otherwise was done fairly well.
Jean
Feb 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Death rider

It was a good book and it was great action and suspenseful. I would like to recommend this book. Hope you like it like I did.
Alicia Pearson
Dec 19, 2019
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Doctor Who: System Wipe
  • Doctor Who: The Good, the Bad and the Alien
  • Can I Come Home, Please?
  • Strange Requests and Comic Tales from Record Shops
  • Kristy and the Middle School Vandal (Baby-Sitters Club Mystery, #25)
  • Motocross Double-Cross
  • Catching Babies: A Midwife's Tale
  • Politically Correct Bedtime Stories
  • Hero on a Bicycle
  • I Has a Hotdog: What Your Dog Is Really Thinking
  • A Night to Remember (Sweet Valley High, Magna Edition)
  • Skater's Secret (Sport Stories)
  • A Lifetime of Secrets: A PostSecret Book
  • Kristy's Mystery Admirer (The Baby-Sitters Club, #38)
  • Sarah's Dad and Sophia's Mom (Sweet Valley Twins, #62)
  • Mr Majeika and the Dinner Lady
  • The Railway Children
  • More Weird Things Customers Say in Bookshops
Justin Richards is a British writer. He has written many spin off novels based on the BBC science fiction television series Doctor Who, and he is Creative Director for the BBC Books range. He has also written for television, contributing to Five's soap opera Family Affairs. He is also the author of a series of crime novels for children about the Invisible Detective, and novels for older children. ...more