Start by marking “The Vampire Who Loved Me (Cabot, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Vampire Who Loved Me (Cabot, #2)

The Vampire Who Loved Me

(Cabot #2)

Julian Kane is back in town.

Once, as a girl of seventeen, beautiful, headstrong Portia Cabot saved the cursed life of the dashing vampire Julian Kane—who marked her forever, then left to go in search of his soul. He returns five years later to find the enchanting young girl he left behind grown into a bewitching woman with a woman's heart . . . and a woman's desires.

Portia
Published September 26th 2006 by Avon (first published 2006)

To ask other readers questions about The Vampire Who Loved Me, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Vampire Who Loved Me

Start your review of The Vampire Who Loved Me (Cabot, #2)
Sh3lly

There may be spoilers below.

Well. This could have been everything and ended up just meh. Julian was AMAZING. I have no issues with him. He was sexy, rakish...everything I expect and want in an historical romance hero. I thought adding vampires to HR would be awesome, and I enjoyed book 1, but this was disappointing.

Portia. Wow. What a selfish cow. Stick in the mud.

And everyone automatically assumed Julian was guilty of EVERYTHING just because he was a vampire. He was FAMILY for crying out loud
Gilgamesha
May 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars review coming soon
Lu
Nov 21, 2019 rated it liked it
Aneca
Feb 07, 2008 rated it really liked it
I’ve been curious about this book ever since I finished After Midnight. There’s something awfully romantic in a Vampire desperately trying to recuperate his soul and become a human again.

Julian Kane is back in town.

Once, as a girl of seventeen, beautiful, headstrong Portia Cabot saved the cursed life of the dashing vampire Julian Kane-who marked her forever, then left to go in search of his soul. He returns five years later to find the enchanting young girl he left behind grown into a bewitchin
Quinn
The Vampire who Loved Me would have to rank as one of the most ridiculous book titles of all time. I made sure when reading that the title was obscured, which is a pain in the butt. Particularly given it is (thankfully) in no way indicative of the quality of this novel.

Readers should note that The Vampire Who Loved Me will not work well as a stand alone. You really should read After Midnight first.

At the end of After Midnight, Julian Kane left 17-year-old Portia and his devoted brother Adrian to
♥ℳelody
Goodness gracious these two were so loveable and sweet. *swoons* I was dying to read this and it did not disappoint. Julian is just delicious as a dark brooding heartbroken vampire. Very dashing charming witty lovable hero. I fell in love with him in the previous book. And of course he made me swoon in this. And Portia is so adorable. Witty sassy charming with an innocence that's really endearing. Great couple their love story is very passionate forlorn and heartbreaking. An amazing fun suspense ...more
Limau Nipis

I set a low expectation for this book, just because I had a very hard time to finish another of Teresa Medeiros book, The Pleasure of Your Kiss.

I was expecting this story to be in contemporary era, just because of the cover. Imagine my surprise when I flipped open the book (actually; touching on my Nook), the story was set in 1826. And here, I was expecting some sort of Twilight devotion (shudders in a bad way).

I have never read the first book in the Cabot series, After Midnight. Howeve
Ruby
Fell a little flat for me...

The heroine was kind of dumb and always got into these scrapes that could have easily been avoided and which I foresaw from miles away. I thought her character in After Midnight was hilarious, but she was just annoying in this book.

I wasn't a huge fan of the hero. In the beginning of the book, he is to participate in a duel with a man who called him out for messing around with his fiancee. The reason that he did so isn't really addressed in the book, so I have no idea
Bookwatcher
Jun 21, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Ohhhhhhh, this book is really wonderful!
First thing to say, you should read the book one of this serie ( After Midnight (Cabot, #1) by Teresa Medeiros ) or will not understand The Vampire Who Loved Me (Cabot, #2) .
Second thing to say, this one is much better (really much better) than the first.
Why?
Simple, this book tell the wonderful story of Julian (Adrian brother) and Portia (Caroline sister). Now we are talking about vampire romance! If you doubt me I can tell you how Julian call Portia: "Bright Eyes". Yeah, he is so sweet! So roman
Alicia
Nov 26, 2015 rated it it was ok
Well, this one is a mix. I read the first book and was interested enough to read the second. Here're my thoughts:

** SPOILERS BELOW**

What worked:
-The pacing. The narrative moved at a good speed that kept me wanting to keep turning the pages.

What kinda worked:
-Julian's character. I found his character to be more interesting than his brother's and liked that he existed in a world of grey rather than all good and all bad. However, I was not a fan at how much the author used that to drive the stor
Carol Cork *Young at Heart Oldie*
I just love this book! Having read how much Teresa Medeiros loved Buffy the Vampire Slayer, I wouldn’t be surprised if this series wasn’t the inspiration for her two Cabot books!

THE REASONS WHY THIS BOOK IS A ★★★★★ ALL-TIME FAVOURITE

JULIAN KANE

A gorgeous, brooding, cynical, sexy, vampire and there’s something about a tormented hero that I just love. Julian has to struggle against his inner demons, always haunted by Duvalier’s taunts to fully embrace his vampire nature. Although he loves Po
Christine
May 14, 2010 rated it it was ok
Very disappointing follow-up to After Midnight. This book was missing the classic, mysterious feel of the first, but that was to be expected since we'd already laid out the ground rules for this particular mythology. The real trouble was that I didn't really like Julian or Portia and the entire plot was forced at best.

We met Julian and Portia in After Midnight. At the end of that book, Julian ran away in search of his missing soul while Portia remained behind to grow up, though she didn't grow
Paranormal Romance
The heroine was always treated like naïve girl by both her brother and the hero so her innocent crush on the scandalous gentleman. But she was also adamant that she was meant for him and that her love will save him from his evil nature. The hero, who’s always painted as a villain, was actually resisting his desire for the young girl, sister to his enemy because he knew for a fact that he didn’t deserve her. He went out of his way to do anything is his power to change her mind about loving him an ...more
Linds
This is a much better book than the first in this series, After Midnight. It would be very difficult to understand this book without first reading the first one. I would almost say the first book is just set-up for this one. Many incidents that happen in the first book are referenced.

In After Midnight it takes 250 pages of "is Adrien a vampire or isn't he?" before the book gets going. In this book from page one we know Julian is a vampire and the plot gets going right away. Julian is a much funn
Michelle Gilmore
Feb 15, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: vampire-romance
loved The Vampire Who Loved Me by Teresa Medeiros! This is book 2 of the Cabot series, and appears to be the last. This series, book 2 in particular had everything from humor to horror to romance and so on. I read After Midnight (book 1) last month, and loved that too. I couldn't wait to get my hands on this one. I really like Teresa Medeiros' style of writing. Just when I think its getting predictable, something totally unexpected happens. I've done a little research, and the Cabot series(only ...more
Sara
Jun 12, 2010 rated it did not like it
Shelves: vamp-smut, abandoned
I picked this up used at a local bookstore. Never heard of this author or this series or whatever.

I started reading it and figured out it is in victorian times or something, talk about fainting couches etc. Not really my cup of tea but I carried on.

No nookie until well over page 200, and when it finally started it used descriptions like "throbbing member" and "glistening womanhood" etc etc. BARF. I don't do this kind of romance stuff. I like my vampires mean(ish), badass, tough, preferably tatto
Atunah
Just like the first one, loved this one too. Its difficult to write a review since its kind of important to read "After Midnight" first. But this is Portia's story and she was delightful in the first. Then she was 17 and saw Vampires and werewolfs everywhere. :). She was hooked on the gothic novels at the time and everything Byron.

So its really nice to see her a bit more grown up, but still having this inquisitive charm she always had.

I am just no good in writing reviews when I just don't want
Tracie Yule
Dec 14, 2009 rated it did not like it
Shelves: all-that-drama
The Vampire Who Loved Me reminded me of all the reasons that I really don't like romance novels. I read many romance novels as an adolescent and I thought I would see what it would be like to read them as an adult. I wasn't impressed. I believe that Medeiros is a wonderful writer who is able to pull you into the story, but I didn't like how the vampire part of the book was never really well-developed, so I didn't really know what was going on. I may try romance again, but probably not anytime so ...more
Alisa
Feb 14, 2014 rated it really liked it
This was better than the last book, but the one thing I have to say is that...

Nectar: (n.)
1. the saccharine secretion of a plant, which attracts the insects or birds that pollinate the flower.
2. the juice of a fruit, especially when not diluted, or a blend of fruit juices: pear nectar; tropical nectar.

No where in that definition does it say "female anatomy". Just saying.

Also, stop it with the "delicate petals". Now I won't be able to look at flowers without thinking about Portia's "delicate peta
Redmeka
Jun 10, 2019 rated it it was ok
X. I can’t even go ooonnnnnn with this book. *yawn*
The ONLY reason for 2 stars is that Julian had a lil’ sumpthin’-sumpthin’ in the sex appeal department & Valentine was formidable. However the velvet ribbons, tucking stakes in pocket of her skirt, stakes and guns in a satchel....oh my. *pssh, LAME!
Jasmin
Feb 26, 2010 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Hopeless romantics
I finished this book with one sitting!

And I definitely fell in love with Julian Kane.

Well, he's everything I could ask for in a vampire. Handsome, romantic and so dedicated in searching his soul. Who wouldn't want him? :)
Pamela(AllHoney)
I read a Vampire story? OMG! How could I? haha This is Teresa Medeiros after all and she can write some enchanting little tales. I read the first in the series a while back and I was always a little curious as to what happened next and now I know. This is what I'd call an easy, comfort read.
Molly
Sep 16, 2013 rated it it was ok
The sequel to After Dark. Now Adrian's brother Julian is back, he hasn't really been searching very hard for his soul, he mostly drinks and feels sorry for himself. However, he is quite charming and Portia's crush has not waned.

It was okay, but nothing overly new or exciting.
Sherry
May 26, 2007 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2006-2010
8. Bring the crackers, there's a lot of cheese in this book. Although I did read it in one day and I couldn't put it down. It was a fast read that I did enjoy.
Ashley
May 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Sheryl
May 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved this one too! The author had me on a roller coaster of doubt until the very end. I loved Julian from the first book. He tries so hard to not give in to the darkness within himself. It is a never ending battle that Portia is wanting to help him with. These two are both stubborn and fighting hard to get their way. I believe to get the most out of this story you should start with the first book in the series. Even though each book is about a different couple with their own ending, it is also ...more
Tabetha Waite
Nov 14, 2017 rated it liked it
While I loved the story of Julian’s brother in “After Midnight,” something felt a little bland in this story. We already know he’s a vampire, so maybe that’s what took the sparkle away for me. In the first book, Adrian was mysterious and compelling, and while I’ll always think of Julian and Portia’s love story with fondness, I wasn’t held enthrall like before. Still a good read and I love how it ended.
Marthaamai
Jun 04, 2019 rated it liked it
lol that was thoroughly ridiculous, but in a heartwarming cheesy way. the heroine was fiery and i normally hate fiery heroines because they’re just stupid impatient short tempered gals but idk she just worked especially with the hero. they had good chemistry im actually quite sad it was a book about vampires because that kind of weakened the plot (ha you think?)
David Birckhead
Aug 19, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Better than the "twilight"

It was entertaining, but I wasn't engaged as I was with the first book. Don't get me wrong, it was a pleasant story, just didn't capture the strength of the first. I could put the book down for a day or 2, read for a bit, come back again a few days later. I still enjoyed it.
Christine Kirchoff
Sep 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Yet another book I read a while ago but never rated. You should know I loved everything vampire and this book was fabulous!
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Gideon (Nightwalkers, #2)
  • Touch of Darkness (Darkness Chosen #2)
  • The Duke (Knight Miscellany, #1)
  • Passion Unleashed (Demonica #3)
  • Be Mine Tonight  (Brotherhood of Blood, #1)
  • To Beguile a Beast (Legend of the Four Soldiers, #3)
  • Lord of Ice (Knight Miscellany, #3)
  • Chasing Cassandra (The Ravenels, #6)
  • Lady of Desire (Knight Miscellany, #4)
  • Lord of Fire (Knight Miscellany, #2)
  • Charade
  • Honor's Splendour
  • His Wicked Ways (MacKay, #1)
  • His Wicked Kiss (Knight Miscellany, #7)
  • To Seduce A Sinner (Legend of the Four Soldiers, #2)
  • The Marquess and I (Forever Yours #1)
  • The Iron Princess (Sons of the North, #2)
  • The Warlord's Wife (Sons of the North, #1)
New York Times bestseller Teresa Medeiros wrote her first novel at the age of twenty-one and has since gone on to win the hearts of both readers and critics. All of her books have been national bestsellers, featured on the New York Times, USA Today and Publishers Weekly bestseller lists. She currently has over 10 million books in print.

She is a seven-time Rita finalist, two-time PRISM winner, and

Cabot (2 books)
  • After Midnight (Cabot, #1)

News & Interviews

“Wilbury, my dear,” Caroline said, “would you mind taking the children and keeping them occupied for a bit?”
"Twould be the high point of my golden years, my lady,” he replied with frigid politeness. “The culmination of a lifelong dream I had nearly abandoned in favour of waiting peacefully for the Grim Reaper to come and relieve me of my earthly duties.”
Immune to his sarcasm, Caroline beamed fondly at him. “Thank you, Wilbury. I thought that’s what you would say.”
Shuffling toward the hearth, the butler muttered under his breath, “I just love children, you know. I simply dote upon the overindulged little darlings with their grasping little hands and their sticky little fingers that foul up every freshly polished surface in the house”. As he leaned toward the hearth, the twins paused in play to gape at him. Baring his pointed yellowing teeth in a grimace of a smile, he rasped, “Come now, lads. I’ll take you to the kitchen for some nice hot chocolate.”
Eyes widening in terror, the two boys leapt to their feet and ran shrieking from the room. Wilbury straightened as much as his hunched back would allow, rolling his eyes.
“Wilbuwy!” Eloisa crowed, scrambling from her mother’s lap and toddling across the room. Wrapping her arms around one of the butler’s scrawny legs, she looked up and batted her long eyelashes at him. “Me want cocoa!”
With a long-suffering sigh, he scooped the plump child into his arms, every one of his ancient bones creaking in protest. She joyfully tugged at his misshapen ears as he carried her toward the door. His curdled expression never varied, but as he passed Portia he gave her a nearly imperceptible wink.”
3 likes
“Older sisters are far more powerful than vampires. Not even garlic or a crucifix will keep us away when we’re determined to meddle in your affairs.” 2 likes