Start by marking “With Any Luck, I'll Drive a Truck” as Want to Read:
With Any Luck, I'll Drive a Truck

With Any Luck, I'll Drive a Truck

New York Times bestselling illustrator Mike Rex’s vivid, vehicle-filled scenes are the perfect match for this enthusiastic celebration of big rigs and big imaginations.

Bulldozers and back-hoes, pavers and plows, trailers and tractors--the world is filled with so many types of trucks! Imagine the fun you could have if you could drive them all! And what if you could bri
Published June 14th 2016 by Nancy Paulsen Books (first published May 1st 2016)

To ask other readers questions about With Any Luck, I'll Drive a Truck, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about With Any Luck, I'll Drive a Truck

Alisha
Mar 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was a cute read for my son's reading time.
Deb (Readerbuzz) Nance
Ah, this one is good. You kids out there who love big machines? This one's for you. Read it and you can drive 'em all, too---18-wheelers...concrete mixers...snowplows...all of 'em. With rhyme and a great ending that ties it all together. Give it a read, you machine-crazy kids.
Mama Bibliosoph
This is a book about a child imagining that his toy trucks are real (but with an actual story).

The boy tells us how at age 2 he learned to drive a concrete mixer, how at 3 he operated a backhoe, and how by 4 he was driving a firetruck, and so on. With each spread we see the boy, slightly older, alongside his animal co-workers (eventually revealed to be his pet cat and stuffed animals), operating various trucks on the job. All the big favorites are in the mix, plus some more unusual vehicles (lik
Viviane Elbee
Nov 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
This is a book for young truck fans.

It covers a large variety of trucks and has some counting (up to 7).

It rhymes.

Kids enjoyed the book; especially going through all the pages to find the main character’s stuffed animal friends in the illustrations.
Meredith
Aug 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
Very fun and popular with my storytime. Maybe a page or two too long for the crowd I was reading to, but they got pretty excited when they saw each different truck.
Amy Storey
Apr 04, 2018 rated it it was ok
Great illustrations of trucks, but contrived rhyming and little plot make for a sub-par story.
Chuck Knudsen
May 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
A fine enough book about a boy and his trucks, though there are some suspect rhymes.
Owen Love
Aug 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book has a fun story line, an enjoyable rhyming narrative, and great detailed illustrations. This is a great book for truck lovers!
Baby Bookworm
Oct 09, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: our-reviews

Hello, everyone! Today, we read With Any Luck, I’ll Drive A Truck, written by David Friend and illustrated by Michael Rex, a rhyming story that introduces young readers to all manner of things that go! As the narrator tells a story of all the large vehicles he has driven (since the age of two!), detailed illustrations of forklifts, dump trucks and wrecking balls show what each vehicle looks lik
Barbara
Mar 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
Large vehicle connoisseurs, ages 2-7, will enjoy the picture book With any Luck, I'll Drive a Truck by David Friend. Brightly colored vehicles of all shapes and sizes are splattered with just the right amount of mud and grime to please even the most critical readers. The rhyming text is supported by lots of illustration detail to explore together. Can you find the main character's toys in each picture? Enjoy this little gem with your favorite little construction worker soon.
Iamaby En
I liked this...that last illustration though...
Carol  Vanhook
A PERFECT book for children totally infatuated with trucks & heavy equipment on wheels & rollers. This book has it all! It's a child tested book! Most books shared with our 2-year-old grandson are of passing interest. This book captured his attention from start to finish, a perfect 2yr - PreK2 library addition! The story's told in poetic fashion & has accompanying illustrations of superb quality! Join a little boy & his animal friends on a rollin' & rollickin' adventure! -cvh ...more
Marcie
I can see preschoolers loving this and love how the illustrations work. I put it in talk because I can see kids going through and talking about what the turtle, penguin, and pig are doing on each page and naming all the trucks with a reprise at the end. Might be fun for preschool and even kinder story times.
Sandra Guerfi
Sep 21, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: picture-books
With so many kinds of trucks around how do you decide which one is your favorite? You use your imagination and drive them all of course. A fun look at the numerous variations for that kid in your life who is truck crazy. Great play time read.
Lynn
Jul 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
Original use of ages as the boy looks back over his life and how he has learned many different big machines. Text told in rhyme flows well in short but meaningful phrases.
Illustrations combine realism of the big machines with fantasy of the boy's stuffed animals being his side-kicks.
Teresa Edmunds
Jul 21, 2016 rated it liked it
Various types of large vehicles are described through rhyme and cute illustrations. There is a little surprise at the end that is a nice touch. Perfect for young readers who love trucks, tractors and all the rest.
Ollie
Jul 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
Для підсажених на вантажівочну літературу (дякую, дідусю Скаррі!) дітлахів (хоча тут однозначно читати: "хлопчаків"). Тут всі назви вантажної техніки англійською, які ви хотіли б знати, але боялися спитати =)
Teresa
Nov 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picture-books
This book would be good for storytime or a lapsit book, really cute for girls or boys that want to grow up and build things!
Michele Knott
Great for kids who love all things trucks!
Dawn Rutherford
Mar 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
A sure fire winner for truck loving kiddos.
Kimberly
A very cute truck book that will make parents smile. Little truck lovers will enjoy this one.
Denise
Jan 12, 2017 rated it liked it
Great book for our Kiddo's who see, Trucks & Tractors around every corner!!
stillme
Aug 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
Much loved by my truck-obsessed 4 year old.
Tracie
Sep 18, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: picture-books
Give this to those readers who love work machines and construction.
WALTER P. LESER
Jun 17, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
FOR CHILDERN

It should have been noted that this is a kids book!
I just wasted my time and $, too bad!
Edward Sullivan
May 31, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: picture-books
Playing with toy trucks drives a young boy's imagination.
Desiree
Dec 08, 2016 rated it liked it
I loved the use of color to highlight vocabulary words in this book.
Sam
Oct 22, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: storytime
Nicely rhyming tale of a kid that started 'driving' trucks at 2. Full of all those favorite vehicles, this book will be a page turner for the truck enthusiast kid.
Kellee
Trent loved it! This one will be read a lot!
Awjtf
Aug 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: childrens-books
great book for those who love trucks!
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »