Start by marking “Zaria Fierce and the Enchanted Drakeland Sword” as Want to Read:
Zaria Fierce and the Enchanted Drakeland Sword

Zaria Fierce and the Enchanted Drakeland Sword

(Zaria Fierce #2)

"Princess, you are needed."

If Zaria Fierce had her say, being a princess would mean you’d never have to wait for news. In the eight months since Olaf tricked her, Zaria has felt a near constant mixture of restlessness, listlessness, and hopelessness. When the time comes to fix past mistakes, she is more than ready to climb aboard the ship sailing towards the giants. Summer
Published November 6th 2015 by Keira Gillett

Start your review of Zaria Fierce and the Enchanted Drakeland Sword
Nicole Chinnici
The second book in Keira Gillett’s Zaria Fierce series, this continued the fun middle grade adventure that began in Zaria Fierce and the Secret of the Gloomwood Forest. While this probably could be read as a standalone, I would suggest reading the series in order to get the benefit of the character development as it progresses.

While the first book introduced the reader to Zaria and her group of friends on their journey through magical worlds that are new to them, this installment expanded its s
Leonor (Ner)

Disclaimer: Thank you again Keira Gillett for providing me with a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

I was honoured to be invited by Keira Gillett to be part of her debut book blog tour, Zaria Fierce and the Secret of Gloomwood Forest, a fantastic book set on the Scandinavian folklore. It was a delightful book with beautiful illustrations and a story that had me hooked. The sequel is just as good as the first one, perhaps better and I’m so happy to be part of Keira Gillett‘s
Little Bee
Jun 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Zaria Fierce and the Enchanted Drakeland Sword by Keira Gillett, narrated by Michele Carpenter.

Goodreads Rating: 5 stars

Actual Rating: 4.5 stars

Narrator Rating: 5 stars

I was given a copy of this audiobook from the author in exchange for my honest review. These thoughts are my own. I have not been paid for this review.

Zaria Fierce and Enchanted Drakeland Sword is the second book in the Zaria Fierce trilogy. This story follows the aftermath of Hart being stolen by Olaf. Hector comes for Zaria and
BookLoversLife
This takes place a few months after book 1. Zaria and her friends have to find a certain sword in order to rescue Hart. Along the way they face a multitude of magical creatures and Zaria is plagued by something very sinister. What is following her in the shadows?

I really enjoyed book 1 but have to say that Keira Gillett has upped her game with this installment. This is darker, scarier and more action packed than the previous one and I ended up listening to it in a day!

Once again, the authors ch
Daniel
Dec 30, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audiobooks, fantasy
I was given a copy in exchange for an honest review.

I really enjoyed the starting book of the trilogy, and this one does not disappoint. It does suffer from the usual "incompleteness" syndrome that is hereditary in the middle episodes of a series, but it does a good job of raising the stakes for the last book.

I find the tone charming throughout, the banter between Zaria and her friends is rather humorous, and the new setting and creatures keep things rolling. Now I guess I have to wait a few mon
Brandi Nyborg
Oct 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
The Zaria Fierce series just keeps getting better, with this sequel! This is an awesome fantasy filled with suspense, from the first page to the last! The vivid descriptions combined with the beautiful illustrations make the setting come to life. This book packs in a ton of action, and keeps you wanting to know what happens next. If you enjoy mythical creatures, or fantasy filled adventures, you'll enjoy this book!
Specs Bunny
Jan 02, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audiobooks
Another nice read (listen, narrator is also very well performing, just right for this story), like the first book. And there will be more adventures, it's a bit of an open end. Always nice to have the promise there's more to follow.

I look forward to reading/hearing more of Zaria's adventures.

Thanks to Keira Gillett who was kind to give me a free copy of both her books, I found this series a very pleasant way to spend some time.
Emily
Oct 15, 2015 rated it really liked it
An awesome adventure to add to this series! Loved it! Full review to come!
Brenda Schneider
An awesome action packed adventure. A fun book with a positive message. I won this book through good reads.
Susan
Jul 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Zaria Fierce & the Enchanted Drakeland Sword by Keira Gillett Note: This is a series best read in order. So start with the most entertaining Book 1, Zaria Fierce and the Secret of Gloomwood Forest.
Susan

Continuing Zaria’s adventures in Norway, she and the boys have the chance to set sail to visit the giants! Who could say no to that? Yet even on the initial leg of their journey, Zaria feels that something is following her, perhaps even haunting her. No one else sees it or feels it in anyway so Zaria begins to doubt herself. And this is not an adventure for the f
Brenda
Feb 17, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, folklore
Originally posted at Log Cabin Library

In Zaria Fierce and the Secret of the Gloomwood Forest, Zaria made a huge mistake while trying to rescue her friend Christoffer, well she was actually tricked by Olaf, a river troll, but the sting of what transpired has been a painful reminder of her mistake. Waiting months on end for any news from Hector hasn't been easy and Zaria and her friends are impatient to begin the next step of their adventure, to retrieve the Drakeland Sword. When news finally arri
Amanda
Feb 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Reviewed on 1Mom2DaughtersBookBlog

Hi! It's Katie! Zaria is at home waiting impatiently for her to be able to take action, and help Hart. Finally Hector comes to take them to trade with the Giants for transportation to Vadsø also an much needed introduction to the dwarvish courts of Jerndor. Will the Giants accept or reject? If they do reject how will Zaria save Hart? To make it all just a little bit harder... Zaria is still haunted by a presence in the shadows.

This book has my best reviews, and
Rosemary
Jan 22, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Zaria's continues in Zaria Fierce and the Enchanted Drakeland Sword. Armed with a better understand of who she and what she needs to do, Zaria and her friends are back and trying to fix a major mistake she made while trying to free Christoffer. We’ve got pirate ships and giants in this story, and a very creepy doppleganger making some trouble for Zaria. Can she get hold of the enchanted Drakeland sword and foil Olaf’s plans?

As was the case with Gloomwood Forest, Drakeland Sword is written and il
Nicole Bracewell
Zaria Fierce and the Enchanted Drakeland Sword did not disappoint! The twists and turns that await Zaria and her friends will keep the pages turning and leave you eager to find out how the trilogy will finish in the next installment of the series
Karin Gillett
Dec 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This second book is very satisfying and does not disappoint! It is a wonderful follow up to the first book in the trilogy. I enjoyed both this and the the audio book(s)!
Jul 30, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audio
I received this book for free. I am voluntarily leaving this review and all opinions expressed herein are mine.

This is the second book in the Zaria Fierce trilogy. It is not really a standalone book and ends with setting up the next/final book in the trilogy. While you can begin here, I would recommend that you start with the first book in the trilogy to learn the reason why Zaria and her friends go on their adventures and their histories.

Here, the story starts a few months after the end of the
Amanda
Jun 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
With a feeling of nostalgia for Lord of the Rings and Narnia, Zaria Fierce is a great read and is full of adventure.

The second book in a trilogy, the Enchanted Drakeland Sword, keeps readers on their toes as Zaria and her friends are at it again in the magical lands of Norway, where they are trying to keep the dragons in the UnderRealm locked away as they need to be.

A story full of adventure and good friendship, the second book in the Zaria Fierce trilogy will have you engulfed in it's magic u
Smart Bookaholics Inc Bookstore
As if book 1 wasn't awesome enough, book 2 was even more epic! Edge of your seat! Great read!
Matt Boniface
Mar 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I reread Book 1 before delving into this book, it had been a while and I needed to reappraise myself of the characters and situations. I was glad I did. Being as these books are quick reads (4 Hours by Audio book, 3-6 hours text per reading speed) I would recommend rereading book one to reacquaint yourself with the many characters that reappear in this book: Human and otherwise.

This book expands the universe Keira Gillett has created beyond the city and forest of the first book; not only geograp
Boundless Book Reviews
Zaria’s adventures continue in book two. I’m sure I’m not exactly the age range she was going for in her readers, but I enjoyed listening to both of Zaria’s adventure.

Unfortunately, my 12 years old quickly became bored with it. I like the story, but it didn’t move at a pace fast enough to keep the attention of the younger readers. I loved the narrator; she did a great job.

I give this audiobook a 3 Boundless Star rating

Rachel QS
Apr 22, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
we love this serie. it has lots of adventure, challenges and mystical creatures without being overly scary. Good for all ages
Keira Gillett
Oct 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Hi Fiercelings,

I love to play board games and I love challenges, so naturally I had to combine the two in this book. It was great fun to invent Kettupeli (fox game). It was inspired by an article that I read discussing how archaeologists would find pieces to a Viking game, but lacking any other context clues they had no idea how it was played.

I decided to turn it into a deceptively casual game, with a strategy driven core. The pieces became little standing foxes. The board circular. This was to
Tammy Spencer
Mar 31, 2019
Ron Shaw
Jan 26, 2018
Selma Madadi
Mar 19, 2019
Keira Gillett
Sep 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Nikki Valdez
Sep 02, 2019
Joana
rated it it was ok
Nov 21, 2015
Mutiara Subhiyah
Nov 08, 2018
Book Giveaways: Audiobook Giveaway - Kid's Norwegian mythos adventure 1 5 Aug 13, 2016 12:19PM

• The Book of Lost Friends
  • The Girls with No Names
  • Recipe for a Perfect Wife
  • I See London, I See France (I See London, I See France, #1)
  • By Invitation Only
  • The Sunflower Forest
  • The Library of Lost and Found
  • The Scribe of Siena
  • From the Streets of Chambers Lane
  • Will Travel for Trouble Series Boxed Set (Books 1-3)
  • From the Ashes
  • Delay, Don't Deny: Living an Intermittent Fasting Lifestyle
  • Girl on the Brink
  • The Summer Nanny (Emerald City Thriller, #3)
  • Please Don't Tell My Parents You Believe Her
  • Please Don't Tell My Parents I Have A Nemesis (Please Don't Tell My Parents #4)
  • Think Twice (Rosato & Associates, #11)
  • The Lost Vintage
Hi! I’m Keira Gillett and I am from Palm Bay, Florida. By day I am a IT Systems Analyst; by night I’m a children’s author. I own a dog, named Oskar, after a giant ruler in the Zaria Fierce Trilogy I wrote. He's my little foxy-baby, and has me wrapped around his little paw. We have lots of fun adventures together, which you can follow on Instagram with the hashtag #oskarpie.

The Zaria Fierce Trilogy

Zaria Fierce (7 books)
  • Zaria Fierce and the Secret of Gloomwood Forest
  • Zaria Fierce and the Dragon Keeper's Golden Shoes
  • Aleks Mickelsen and the Twice-Lost Fairy Well
  • Aleks Mickelsen and the Call of the White Raven (Zaria Fierce, #5)
  • Aleks Mickelsen and the Eighth Fox Throne War