Start by marking “What You Desire (Anything for Love, #1)” as Want to Read:
What You Desire (Anything for Love, #1)

What You Desire

(Anything for Love #1)

Sebastian Ashcroft, the fourth Marquess of Danesfield, had no intention of accompanying Sophie Beaufort on a ludicrous quest to find her missing brother. Nor did he want to be part of the investigation into her brother's dealings with the mysterious Comte de Dampierre.

But desire can do strange things to a man.

Threatened with an indecent proposal from a dissolute French com
Published October 2nd 2015 by Adele Clee

To ask other readers questions about What You Desire, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about What You Desire

BigComfyChairBookReviews
Dec 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is my 2nd or 3rd favorite in the "Anything for Love" series, of which I have read them all. I loved Sophie and Danes story. I liked that they already knew each other and that Sophie already had feelings for him. I thought Sophie was very relatable, maybe strong willed but enjoyable. I loved how Dane referred to Sophie as his wife so early on even before discussing it with her he knew his own mind. I also liked that Sophie went off to the cottage. It gave Dane time to obsess and miss her. Cl ...more
Crazychriss889
Mhm.
I guess that was an okay novel.

Characters?
Yeah, they are just so not historically accurate.
Our female main character? She’s way too brazen, too direct, too outgoing for this time period. It’s just too much. Sure she seems to be one of those strong women.
But she’s not if she gives in that easily to temptation. That’s contradicting and so wrong. Plus, at that point she doesn’t even like him and thinks the worst of him, so why?? She’s weak to fall prey to such a libertine.
There were some femini
April Neal
May 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Enjoyable read

Once again Adele writes a great story where the female character is unique and interesting and our male strong and willful. I really love this combination and loved this book.
Nicki Markus
I liked the plot idea behind What You Desire, which had all the makings of a great Regency adventure story. However, characterisation let down the book for me. There is no disguising that this is a bodice ripper and, as such, historical accuracy has to have a little leeway. Nevertheless, I found Sophie's behaviour untenable. She seemed to equate strength with petulance and a high libido. That a woman, however independent, who'd been brought up the way she had would act in the manner she does jus ...more
Maggie Whitworth
Oct 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The first book in the Anything for Love Series.
Our hero is Sebastian Ashcroft the 4th Marquess Of Danesfield , his heroine is Sophie Beaufort a neighbours daughter and sister to his good friend James .
James has passed a necklace to Dane for safe keeping and also the safety of his sister. Due to working abroad Dane has not seen her for many years , she has matured nicely from what he can see , and now she has faked illness to get into his estate and get back the necklace, but why ?
Sophie has a
Sarah Hamilton
Aug 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
A Fun Start to a Historical Romance Series

What You Desire was exactly what I was hoping for - a fun read with a little history and a little steamy-ness. The characters Dane and Sophie are fun to follow. Sophie's willingness to be herself over society norms is expressed in a way that is enjoyable (instead of over the top and obnoxiously like some other authors). The way other characters are developed is done in way in which it enhances the story, while still nicely setting up future books without
Debbie Borthwick
Mar 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Another fabulous book by Adele Clee! I was offered the audio book, but I do have to admit I prefer reading the books myself. It is well done by the narrator who does a great job with each character, changing her voice so you know who is speaking. Overall, a well written book that will keep you wanting more. I definitely recommend it!
Cheryl Adamkiewicz
Aug 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
A very good read

This book was fun to read. Light and witty, the plot and characters were a delight. I thought the descriptions of how the characters felt about being in love as notable.
Cynthia Houser
Sep 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Desire

Wow! What a good book! I thoroughly enjoyed this book with it's fantastic characters. I didn't want to put this book down, it was so engaging. I enjoyed the wonderful banter between the characters and at times the plot was very intense at times.
Clarissa Boggs
Nov 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
A good read
Heather
Feb 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the second book I've read by this author and I truly enjoy her voice. There is a lot of action and twists and turns in this story. The romance warms my heart. I really enjoyed this book.
Cassandra
Oct 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Loved it

It was a fantastic story line that kept me on the edge of my seat the whole time. I fell in love with the characters.
Jean Smith
Nov 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
A good plot and a full ending plus enough to make you want to read the sequal adult romance
Monica Smith
Sep 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
Wonderful book

This was a well written wonderful read the characters were refreshing. I really enjoyed reading this . Sophie was fun and independent and I loved Mr. Shandy.
Elizabeth Sirk
Jul 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
great read just started reading her she writes good books
Drita
Jan 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle-unlimited

Enjoyed the read. Loved the banter.
Sharyn
Oct 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
SylviaV
Dec 09, 2016 rated it really liked it
I received a free ebook from the author.
This is a delightful historical romance story.
Amanda
Jul 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Adele Clee is always a good read.
Saeeda
May 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Sexy historical romance

Well written. If you like a feisty heroine and a sexy hero, a bit of intrigue and action. This book has it all and more. Loved it
Victoria
Dec 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
It is a great book to read
Theresa
Sep 18, 2017 rated it it was ok
Tedious. **Minor spoilers**

This is not my first book by Adele Clee, but it's been a while since I read any of her work. When considering this BookBub selection, my memory was that Adele Clee was pretty good because I remembered enjoying her one book that I had read up to this point which was "To Save a Sinner." As a matter of fact, to quote my own review of that book: "I enjoyed it and didn't feel as if either my time or my money was wasted." I wish I could say the same for this book, "What You
Zena
May 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I have thoroughly enjoyed this book from the very first page right to the last one and it is my humble opinion that this series will outdo all the others by this talented author.
This story is full of love, mischief, an adventure and a few mysteries to be solved. The 'bad' man also shows his cunning and horrid plans for the future of Sophie, our heroine, but Sebastian is determined to keep her safe. And thank goodness for that!
I particularly loved the way both Sophie and Sebastian admitted to the
Jenika Ioffreda
Oct 09, 2017 rated it it was ok
Suzanne
Nov 20, 2017 rated it liked it
Sophie’s brother had disappeared and she must travel to London to try to figure out what is happening. She can take care of herself but Dane, her brother’s friend, doesn’t agree. Their quest to find Sophie’s brother involves a necklace, a French count and the madam of a high-class brothel. During their adventure Sophie both hates Dane and falls in love with him. Dane lusts after Sophie for most of the book and when he finally realizes that he loves her, she has run away. Ultimately there is a HE ...more
Virginia Tican
Sep 01, 2017 rated it it was ok
It has a promising start it even has a noble slant to it but I just cannot make myself like the annoying dithering of Sophie with regard to Sebastian's feelings for her. That didn't stop her having constant sex with him though. Makes me wonder who's the slut here and who's using whom. The problem with Sophie is that she has no self~respect or self~worth plus she is also reckless. She should have waited for Sebastian to have his say before bolting. A woman in her timeline always bow to convention ...more
Renae Goddard
May 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This novel has very little down-time. Ms. Clee has certainly amped up the drama and sizzling romance in the start of this new series. The story gives a look into one of the seedier sides of life and to what extent some women had to go to survive., and the relationship between the two women is pure and strong. Although Dane and Sophie were not exactly enemies, they had to nurture their relationship in order to grow love and respect.
Shelley
Nov 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Historical Romance at its best.

This historical romance was terrific. Adele Clee's storytelling is superb. Sophie, strong willed, puts Dane through his paces in this mysterious telling to find her missing brother. In doing so, Dane finds himself falling in love with Sophie and what an 'ah ha moment' it is for them both.
Jessie Mckissick
May 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Page turner until it's finished!

I read this book in one afternoon. I love all of Adele Clee's books, but WHAT YOU DESIRE is exceptional. The tension and awareness between Sophie and Sebastian was sizzling on fire, while being expertly crafted by Clee. A must read is my recommendation.
carol
Oct 29, 2017 rated it did not like it
Not a book, a chapter.

I hate teaser books. If you're looking to increase readership give me a sample novella and SAY that's what it is.. don't give me a chapter and expect me to buy the rest.
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 3 Oct 16, 2015 07:54AM
  • Engaging The Enemy (The Wild Randalls, #1)
  • Redeemed (The Dark Redemption #2)
  • The Rake's Inherited Courtesan
  • Rake's Honour (Scandalous Miss Brightwells, #1)
  • Kathleen Kirkwood Collection #1: Romancing The Unexplained
  • Lord of Temptation (Rogues to Riches, #4)
  • The Blacksmith's Wife (The Danby Brothers, #1)
  • The Solemn Bell (Neill Brothers #1)
  • One Thousand Years to Forever (My Beloved Vampire)
  • Promise (Lords of Action, #2)
  • Fall
  • The Viscount's Runaway Bride (Marriage by Bargain Book 1)
  • Three Reckless Wishes (Fiery Tales, #10)
  • A Notorious Proposition (Winter Garden #3)
  • Paying the Virgin's Price (Regency Silk & Scandal, #2)
  • The Devil Earl (Regency Quartet, #2)
  • The Baron's Quest (Barons of the Cinque Ports, #1)
  • Mad For Love (Highland Brides, #1)

Anything for Love (4 books)
  • What You Propose (Anything for Love, #2)
  • What You Deserve (Anything for Love, #3)
  • What You Promised (Anything for Love, #4)
“life is like the weather—unpredictable. When it is dark and miserable, we must have hope. But when it is warm and sunny, we must rejoice. We must embrace it and trust that its memory will sustain us when the rain comes again.” 0 likes