Start by marking “NanoBots” as Want to Read:
NanoBots

NanoBots

Introducing a team of robots powerful enough to change the world--and yet smaller than the dot at the end of this sentence!
A boy inventor creates the ultimate in high-tech superheroes that could one day save the world--but they have some smaller problems to take on first! NanoBots are tiny. They're almost too small to see, but they can each do a unique and important job:
Published August 23rd 2016 by Little, Brown Books for Young Readers

To ask other readers questions about NanoBots, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about NanoBots

Jillian
Oct 13, 2016 rated it it was ok
It was...okay? It's kind of neat to introduce the concept of nanotechnology to the Very Small Ones, but the story didn't really work for me. It was almost all exposition, and only a little bit of plot - and it ends with the nanobots being completely unrecognized for their work and potential by everyone except the inventor.
Nancy Kotkin
Story: 3 stars
Illustrations: 5 stars

There's honestly not much of a story in this picture book, but in a fun, comprehensible manner it introduces nano-robotics and some of its applications in the real world. Illustrations are vibrant, colorful, and science-y.
Suzie
Mar 02, 2017 rated it liked it
There's not much of a story to this, in my opinion, but it is one of the books that the boys picked to reread before we return it to the library. They also just got into Dinotrux, which is a show created by this author.
Carol Scrimgeour
Nov 04, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: robots, picture-books
Illustrations are awesome but the plot is disappointingly weak.
Susie
May 14, 2017 rated it liked it
I wish I had some ChewBots to help clean up, especially the gum students get on the library carpet. I was happy to see the page at the end spotlighting some real nanobots.
Erica
Dec 09, 2016 rated it liked it
Boys will love this one. Or anyone who loves robotics or science. Engaging illustrations. Had a very comic book feel to it.
Karla Winick-Ford
Jul 10, 2018 rated it liked it
Like a comic book
Reminiscent of a Star Wars plot-ish
Just didn’t like it
More high quality books out there to devote time to
Katherine
Dec 05, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: picture-books
Love the tiny robot concept. Storyline fell a little flat to me. Mostly a book introducing the robots and their specific functions/skills. Still cute though : )
The Brothers
Apr 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Another winner by the creator of DinoTrux! These little robots are fun to read about and see how they use their unique abilities to help others.

Cool illustrations!
Eliot Reads
Dec 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A book about all kinds of useful, tiny robots that can only be seen with a microscope. Super imaginative!
Jen
May 25, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: f-picture-books
A fun exploration of nanobots and their amazing possibilities.
Diane
Mar 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Gorgeous illustrations
Hallie Jackson
Oct 14, 2016 rated it liked it
3 stars

What happens: An inventor creates teeny, tiny robots who can perform a variety of tasks that can't be undertaken by larger robots. They can look for things, fix things, make letters, clean in small spaces, solve medical issues, work in agriculture, provide security, help in search missions, and even help build things on a molecular level--all pretty amazing stuff. When all of the nanobots arrive at a robotics competition, they feel somewhat self conscious around all of the large robots. H
Tasha
Oct 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
A boy creates robots that are so small, you can’t see them with the naked eye. He calls them “nanobots” and starts to equip them for special jobs that only they can do. There are the Seekerbots that explore amoebas, Mechanobots that work fixing things, Helobots that stick together to make something new, Medibots that work in the human body to repair it, and many more. So the boy took the robots to the science fair where there was also a very large robot. The large robot though was not put togeth ...more
Martha
Oct 09, 2016 rated it really liked it
With the help of his Nanobots such as the Seekerbots, which are so tiny they can see into unknown areas, Mechanobots can repair anything, Helobots can fly anywhere and stick together in any form, Chewbots eat up hard to remove yucky undesirable items, and Medibot keeps his owner's body germ free, etc., the young inventor begins to appreciate the powers of his robots, too small for the eye to see. Working together his tiny robots achieve amazing feats. The brilliant three dimensional appearing il ...more
Kate Puleo Unger
Sep 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
Christopher and Jim first read Nanobots, but he wanted to read it again with me the next night. That's always a good sign. This book is almost non-fiction. It describes different nanobots, which are featured in the story. While nanobots doesn't actually exist, the book explains that they probably will with the next 20 years. Christopher thought that was pretty cool.

After all of the introductions, there is a little bit of adventure at the technology show that the nanobots are being displayed at -
Beverly
Reviewed for the Mock Caldecott Awards. I loved this book, the colors and the illustrations. An inventor sets out to build robots to help the world. He makes imaginative, wonderful specialized robots (like Lady Lance-O-Bot who guards the greenhouse to keep the plants healthy) that can do so many things but they are incredibly small. He enters his creations in a robotic competition and although they don't win, everyone walks away feeling good about the fact that they can still make a difference a ...more
Chelsea
Mar 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I appreciated this book for the pure awe-inspiring ideas it provoked. This book has a way of entertaining the reader while simultaneously exposing the reader to the unlimited possibilities regarding nanotechnology. I particularly enjoyed that the inventor of the nanobots was a young student. I appreciate how this book encourages the reader to be creative, inventive and inspiring.

+Book
+List
Megan Smith
Nov 04, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: picture-books
What I found most interesting about this book are the illustrations and the placement of text boxes. It almost has a graphic novel feel, but has much more text. The storyline wasn't as engaging but will appeal to fans of techy bot-like thingies and probably fans of Gall's other book (with equally well-done illustrations), the marketable mash-up, "Dinotrux."
Jason
Sep 12, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: picture-books, robots
The illustrations are vibrant and texture-like, but I didn't quite get the objective. Is it a story about robots or is it a way to introduce the idea of nanobots to a young audience? Are the nanobots in the story related to actual nanobots in the tech world? I'm not really getting the connection.
Nicole
Sep 14, 2016 rated it it was ok
Ugh. Out of nine categories of robots, which can do quite well without gender, he creates a "Lady Lance-o-Bot" that is always depicted alone and "keeps watch over the inventor's super solar greenhouse." Way to keep keep women attached to the home, even in an imaginary world :(
Brenda Kahn
As per usual with a Chris Gall book, the fun factor was high. Add to that the trendy STEM/robotics aspect and we have a winner. A sure crowd-pleaser with lots of in-class extensions, i.e. design your own nanobot, that will kick in your kids outside-the-box thinking.
Shelly
Nov 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: children-s-books
My son likes this story and I was surprised because he's usually into dinosaurs, vehicles, and animals, but not robots of any sort. We've already read this story a few times and it seems to be a new favorite.
Stacy
Oct 05, 2016 rated it did not like it
Shelves: picture-books
The worst picture book I've read in 2016. Boring and I didn't get the point. I would never use this book for story time nor would I read it one on one with my son. There are way too many better robot books out there to waste another second on this book.
Mary Ann
Aug 11, 2016 rated it liked it
Fun look at nanotechnology and robots, but the story didn't quite hang together enough for me. Kids will have fun creating their own new nano-robots.
Angie
Aug 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
A contender for a school read-aloud for next year's SRC theme.
Gretyl
These illustrations though...
Anne
Sep 27, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: robots
Wanted to like it, but it just didn't work as well as I hoped. Too bad.
Edward Sullivan
Not among favorites of Gall's books but it's entertaining and sure to be popular with the young robot-obsessed.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• Everyone Loves Cupcake
  • Aviary Wonders Inc. Spring Catalog and Instruction Manual
  • Princess Sparkle-Heart Gets a Makeover
  • The Truth About My Unbelievable Summer...
  • Pablo in the Snow
  • My Friend Maggie
  • Charlotte and the Rock
  • Bunny Slopes
  • Bugs in My Hair!
Quando estava na escola, Chris Gall foi pego desenhando na carteira. Ganhou o prêmio de Jovem Escritor da Read Magazine quando estava no sétimo ano, o que o inspirou a escrever narrativas para suas ilustrações. Na faculdade, decidiu se tornar ilustrador profissional. Seus trabalhos já estiveram em quase todas as publicações dos Estados Unidos, incluindo a Time, Newsweek, People, Fortune, The New Y ...more