Start by marking “Second Chances (Chosen)” as Want to Read:
Second Chances (Chosen)

Second Chances

(Chosen #2.5)

Precious and rare, second chances must be earned, but has Ayden done enough to win his?
~~~~~
Evolved Publishing presents a short stand-alone story featuring two beloved characters from the multiple award-winning Chosen series of young adult fantasies. [DRM-Free] INCLUDED: Special 5-Chapter Sneak Preview of "Wind Catcher."
~~~~~
[Short Story, Teen & Young Adult, Mystery an
ebook
Published September 7th 2015 by Evolved Publishing LLC

To ask other readers questions about Second Chances, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Second Chances

Mummy Cat Claire
I really love this series. The first book is my favorite and I would recommend the series to all YA, action and paranormal lovers.

This novella is more of a companion to the first book, IMHO. I would read the first book here before I read this novella.

This story begins with Juliet seeking out her father, Ayden. Juliet has come to the point where she needs to know all the details about Ayden and how he fits into her story. This book covers his entire story, in even more detail than what is laid o
Mandy Walkden-Brown
A really intriguing introduction to Juliet and her, until now, absent father, Ayden.

It was so well written and there was such an intriguing mystery to Juliet's circumstances that I immediately downloaded Wind Catcher, the first book in the series from where the characters in this short story appear. Proved to be a wise decision as Wind Catcher was also a brilliant read.
Dotty
Jun 04, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
My first time reading anything from this author
I think most teens/young adults would find this type of series interesting.

This short story is something different. It has elements of Native American tribal lore, science fiction/fantasy, murder mystery and love story in a few, tightly packed pages.

I received the book for free from the author in return for an honest review.
Kay J
Sep 17, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Oh man it got me, what a good short story, but now I'm made because I have to go and grab the other novels, but I'm intrigued, good character build up...it has wet my appetite for this series and it seems like it's going to get a good one
Jackie
Sep 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Tribal folk lore, mystery, suspense. Great reading for teens and adults alike. First time reading anything by this author, not the last. Keeps you interested until the end . Received this book as an ARC and enjoyed reviewing it.
Michelle Olms
Dec 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book. Would definitely recommend.
Amanda Williams
Feb 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow, what an impressive little story. For something so short it doesn't half pique my interest. It was so gripping and mysterious now I simply must find out what else is in store for the characters. Fantastic work.
Kandy
Sep 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a great short story about Ayden. Very interesting.
Phthon
Apr 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I actually really enjoyed this story! I wasn't sure if I would because it isn't my usual read. I am now off to get the next one!
Ami
May 26, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A very good short story
Deborah Gebhardt
Short story, so a fast read.
Garth Mailman
Dec 30, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another freebie. Like so many this is first in a series given to stimulate sales of later entries. This one involves Shamen and a pair of brothers one of whom loves a Shaman’s daughter. The plot is open ended.
Martha
Sep 29, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I felt this story raised more questions than it answered. My rating 3.5.

Juliet is a teen who has always wondered about her father. Her mother refused to give any information but she has finally met him and demands that he explain his absence from her life.

Ayden had a rough childhood and ended up as a part of a gang. He had every intention of giving up his past and going straight so he could marry the girl he loved, the daughter of a rich man in town. Ayden hears strangers in town asking about a
Montzalee Wittmann
Second Chances - A "Chosen" Short Story by Jeff Altabef and Erynn Altabef is a teen/young adult mystery, thriller, and fantasy, with a supernatural bite thrown in to grab my attention completely. I am certainly no longer a young adult but I was glued to this story. It took me on a wild but short ride of action, mystery, and supernatural thrills with enough twists and turns of a full novel. There was supernatural "something", what is it, this is yet to be seen, but the What is the mystery and the ...more
Dee Maglio-Hart
Jul 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a great beginning for the Chosen Series! Well written and a series page turner. I can't wait to read the next book in the series ,Wind Catcher. Juliet has just learned that her father, having been in jail for almost her entire life, was put there for reasons other than she was told. Now she wants to know the real story. Ayden is finally out of prison and his daughter, whom he is getting to know for the first time has some very hard questions for him. Will the story he tell her give the ...more
Anna Tan
Jul 28, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a rather interesting peek into a bit of Juliet's past. She's finally got a chance to catch her dad alone - so she sets out to ask him the most difficult question of all: his past and how he got that scar.

What turns up is a heartwarming story of a young man desperately trying to change his ways and make things right by his future wife and for his coming daughter. But the people he's sticking his neck out for don't exactly see things the same way.

It's a great starter into the Chosen ser
Kathi Faith
May 31, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a kind of teaser for a series by the same author for young adults. Its very short and easy to read. There are some interesting characters; but I feel there is not enough divulged about the characters for the reader to like or dislike them. The possible exception is Ayden. He comes across as a very interesting character. Its all very mysterious. I think most teens/young adults would find this type of series interesting.
Disclaimer: I received a free copy of this ebook in exchange for an un
Georgiann Hennelly
Second changes is a Y/A/ Teen mystery , fantasy thriller story with a supernatural bite. Juliet has learned that her Dad was in jail for almost her whole life and he was put there for reasons other than she was told. Ayden is now out of prison and Juliet who he is getting to know has some very hard questions for him. She wants to know the real reasons he went to jail? Will the answers he gives her satisfy her or cause her to ask even harder questions?
Brittany Goodman
I received this book free from eBook Discovery.
I have always been a sucker for reunion stories between fathers and daughters. I really liked this story. Not so much a reunion story as a further connection story. It leaves a lot of questions, but the purpose was to give a glimpse into this father's past and the relationship developing between he and his daughter. I look forward to reading more of their story
J.E. Grace
Oct 31, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the first I have read from this author and enjoyed the short very much. It was an interesting read the way it told Juliett's story and then that of her father.

Very descriptive writing which put me there with the characters. It was a mix of Tribal folklore, science fiction and mystery all rolled up in one package. I look forward to reading the next short in the series.
Della Jackson
Jun 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow
This book has a lot going for it, a lot of twisted and turns. It answers questions from the other book. But leaves you wanting even more. So grab a copy, your favorite drink and turn the world off.( so you don't miss anything Lol ) can not wait to read the next ones.
I received an copy for an honest review.
Sandra Stiles
Dec 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: young-adult, fantasy
This book is a short story that fills in the gaps after Wind Catcher. It is precise and not only answers questions you had left, but leaves you with more so that you must read the next book. It is a must read, eventhough it is short.
I received a copy to facilitate my review. The opinions expressed here are my own.
Jennifer Baysinger
This is well written and intriguing; I would not consider this a short story but instead a prequel.
Susan
Sep 17, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a very different book than I expected, but I found it very enjoyable. Left me wanting to read more. Luckily, there are at lrast two more books.

I was given a free copy of this book in return for an unbiased review.
CATHERINE
Intriguing short story that means I will be seeking out the novel.
Marcy
I thought that this was.a great teaser. I am interested in reading more about this family and what makes them tick.
Birgit
Dec 31, 2016
Georgina Little
Sep 12, 2017
Suzann
Mar 09, 2019
Cecilia Dunbar Hernandez
Oct 04, 2015
Jeff Altabef lives in New York with his wife, two daughters, and Charlie the dog. He spends time volunteering at the writing center in the local community college. After years of being accused of "telling stories," he thought he would make it official. He writes in both the thriller and young adult genres. Fourteenth Colony, a political thriller, is his debut novel. Jeff has a blog designed to enc ...more

Chosen (3 books)
  • Wind Catcher (Chosen #1)
  • Brink of Dawn (Chosen #2)
  • Scorched Souls (Chosen #3)