Start by marking “Small Town Filly (Sandbar Stables Cozy Mystery #1)” as Want to Read:
Small Town Filly (Sandbar Stables Cozy Mystery #1)

Small Town Filly

(Sandbar Stables Cozy Mystery #1)

Alexandra Byrne has just inherited a riding stable in a small town on the Florida Coast. It sounds like a dream come true, but the name of her benefactor remains a mystery. And the man who'd been taking care of the place was just found dead in the barn aisle.

With the help of a handsome horseman named Lance Donovan, Alex works to solve the mystery of who left her the plac
Published September 9th 2015

To ask other readers questions about Small Town Filly, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Small Town Filly

Start your review of Small Town Filly (Sandbar Stables Cozy Mystery #1)
Bea
Meh, I like horses and mysteries but this was a disappointment. The level of writing was about middle grade despite the book being written for adults; the mysteries were okay but the reasoning used to figure them out was silly. The characters were undeveloped and the antagonistic attitude made no sense at all. A decent book but I probably wont bother with more.
Clare O'Beara
Oct 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is a very enjoyable, not too complex or violent mystery. There are plenty of horses, which is a big plus as far as I'm concerned. The tale follows a young lady in America who mysteriously inherits a riding stable business on the Gulf Coast, a sandy beach in Florida to be precise. Trouble is, various hotel developers want the land, and the next door boating firm wants it too.

Given that money is on the table, and there has already been one violent death in this place, I did think the lady mi
Joan
Oct 09, 2015 rated it liked it
"Small Town Filly" is about a young woman named Alexandra who inherits a horse farm from a family she has never heard of. She quits her job and moves there to take control of it. She is met with indignation, suspicion and hate by the natives because she is an outsider, and many of them want to buy her out.
She stays, but 2 people have been murdered and they need to find out why. She refuses to be frightened away. The writing is good, the story is clean and free of profanity. My only gripes are th
Eldarwen
Aug 24, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: read-in-2016
Well that was... disappointing.

Written like a first, maybe second draft, without real knowledge of anything. It read more like an outline of a story waiting to have more added to it and waiting for actual facts to be fitted in where necessary.

The characters were seriously underdevelopped, the police encounters were odd, the horse facts left me doubting whether the author had really looked into things, the events/incidents/accidents fell flat without the proper frame to put it all in, inconsiste
Penny
Oct 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Children, Mystery, Adult
Cute little book I think would be safe even for children to read.

Nothing to violent or complex in this book it's a mystery till the end though I liked that about it.

Easy to follow quick read flows nicely. The story line is a good one. The charters are well written and the horses are described beautifully.

I enjoyed this book I didn't have to think to hard about anything while reading it....Relaxing and enjoyable
Ashley
Mar 18, 2016 rated it liked it
The beginning of the novel was simple and boring. After pushing through six or seven chapters it finally started pulling me in. The mystery began developing and the writing got better. I enjoyed the ending but would not give it a second read.
Kimberly Landry
Nov 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
A sweet little mystery

A sweet little mystery, that kept my interest to the end and left me wanting more.... good thing this is a series!!
Kaye
Sep 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Horses on the beach

Cozy mystery set at a beach stable. Alex unexpectedly inherits the property. Fun read with horses. Book one of the series
Debbie
Oct 04, 2015 rated it liked it
Wished it had been longer. Likable characters.
barbara evans
Feb 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed the horse setting

This story was a fun story. Of course it made sure you have to read the next book in the series.
Tammy Kenney
Nov 07, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: kindle
As a cozy mystery it was an okay read. I think it was geared more to a YA reading level. I like horses and mysteries but I just could not get into this book. Some things just didn't make sense to me.
When Alexandra meets Lance for the 1st time. She just believes what he tells her? I don't remember the lawyer telling her of her inheritance ever telling her who was taking care of the horses or would be at the property when she got there. She just seems to trust what he says despite the fact that t
Sharyn Hutchens
Nov 06, 2015 rated it liked it
Nice cozy mystery

Definitely a lightweight, almost young adult read, but if you like horses, dogs, and a mystery without blood and guts, you might very well like this I have it four stars because it is good at what it does but is such light reading that it feels quite a bit shallow. I don't like graphic sex in books and am not a fan of graphic murder either, but this one could have used a little more punch. It was hard to care much about what was happening.
Marilyn
Oct 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
Good

the woman who inherited a small ridding stable and horses that where part of the inheritance.the murders that happened were part of the problems.
Cheryl Landmark

Offered Free Ebook.
Renata Sutton
Jan 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2016
I like these short mysteries
Angie
Dec 30, 2017
Patricia A.Sigman
Mar 21, 2018
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Tapas, Carrot Cake and a Corpse (Charlotte Denver #1)
  • Emilie (Cajun #1)
  • Collateral Damage: A Buckner Thriller Suspense
  • Race into Murder
  • Daddy's Home (Holly Jennings #1)
  • A Deadly Blood Moon: A Deadly Thriller
  • BlueBuried Muffins (Black Cat Cafe #1)
  • Mew Is for Murder (Theda Krakow, #1)
  • An Unlikely Hero (Enigma, #1)
  • Leave No Stone (Faith McClellan #2)
  • Summer at Willow Lake (Lakeshore Chronicles, #1)
  • Silent Witness (Cass Leary Legal Thriller #2)
  • The Painted Pony (Magical Adventures & Pony Tales #1)
  • Books for Kids: LOL! (Funny Jokes for Kids): 101 Jokes for Kids - Games & Puzzles - Kids Jokes - Jokes for Children

Sandbar Stables Cozy Mystery (3 books)
  • Rocky Mountain Mustang (Sandbar Stables Cozy Mystery #2)
  • High Stepping Murder (Sandbar Stables Cozy Mystery #3)

News & Interviews