Start by marking “Star Wars: Jedi Council - Acts of War” as Want to Read:
Star Wars: Jedi Council - Acts of War

Star Wars: Jedi Council - Acts of War

(Star Wars Legends Graphic Novels #31)

Even in the days before the shadow of the Phantom Menace falls upon the Republic, the rule of the Senate is no guarantee of peace. When conflicts arise, it is the duty of the Jedi Knights, under the guidance of the Jedi Council, to protect the innocent and restore order. When the warlike Yinchorri threaten the stability of the Republic, a Jedi task force led by Mace Windu ...more
Published June 19th 2001 by Dark Horse Books

To ask other readers questions about Star Wars, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Star Wars

Matthew
This is a collection of issues 1 to 4 of Star Wars: Jedi Council - Acts of War featuring both the Jedi Council and acts of war.

The basic plot is that a new member of the Galactic Republic called the Yinchorri is causing a bit of bother invading people and causing the deaths of 2 Jedi. In response most of the Jedi Council goes to stop them (which is strange considering when they were alerted to the possible return of their ancient enemies the Sith they only sent Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan to check it ou
Teresa
Aug 13, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: star-wars

33 BBY

This graphic novel compiles "Acts of War" parts 1-4. In this comic, Mace Windu is left with figuring out which Jedi to dispatch to hunt down the Yinchorri, a more violent race that fights against the Republic. While the Jedi are against killing other living beings, when the Yinchorri attack the Jedi Temple, Yoda shows no mercy. Among four planets, the Jedi must weed out the base of the Yinchorri and put an end to their violent acts once and for all. Little do the Jedi know that Palpatine i
Alex G
May 23, 2019 rated it did not like it
A Randy Stradley Star Wars comic that isn't good? Color me surprised. But this really does suck. It's supposed to be a prequel to Phantom Menace, and I suppose it technically is, but it's a goddamn mess. A ton of characters with no defining attributes or recognizable arcs shooting and slicing a bunch of other characters equally uninteresting. If there was any point to this, I didn't find it. Blech.
Marta Dulce Și Gavina
I loved Micah Giiett, it was so nice to put a face on the name I knew from... Ruth Baulding's stories, probably.
It was interesting to finally see some Jedi squad action; would be better with more profound characterization, but, well, difficult to do in this medium, if action is a must.
Christian Smith
Aug 24, 2017 rated it liked it
Story: 6/10

"The republic is collapsing and the Jedi peacekeepers are now sent on a mission that leads to all out war. this short story helps to solidify the events prior to the Phantom Menace."
Malcolm Cox
Mar 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is actually a pretty good action flick with three bands of Jedi each facing their own problems. There's some familiar faces and some new ones who may as well have been wearing red shirts. Particularly the member of the Jedi council we've never seen before, don't get attached to him - Ki-Adi-Mundi takes his place on the council.
There's a solid active 'cast' here with most of the council members getting a speaking roll at least as well as the appearance of some of the significant characters w
Sheila Connerney
Jun 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Very good
Jared
Apr 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
Star Wars Legends Project #60

Background: Acts of War came out in 4 issues from June to September of 2000. It was published as a trade paperback in June of 2001. Several years later it was collected in Star Wars Omnibus: Rise of the Sith (my review). The story was written by Randy Stradley with art pencilled by Davide Fabbri. Stradley, a VP and sometime senior editor of Star Wars comics at Dark Horse, co-wrote the Crimson Empire saga, and also wrote a large number of the issues in the Dark Time
Jordan
Shifting gears a bit, this time out we're visiting a setting a little closer to the events of the films. The Dark Horse Comics miniseries Jedi Council: Acts Of War takes place only a year before the events of Star Wars--Episode I: The Phantom Menace (that's 33 BBY, if you're keeping track). This story was published as a standalone collection, and reprinted in Star Wars Omnibus: Rise Of The Sith.

Before the galaxy was engulfed in the Clone Wars, transforming the Jedi into generals, they served to
Rick Silva
Jul 15, 2016 rated it liked it
This trade paperback edition collects the four-issue comic series of the same title. Set before the events of The Phantom Menace, the story centers on the rise of a reptilian warrior species called the Yinchorri. These creatures are formidable foes for the Jedi, as they are immune to "Jedi mind tricks", and possess weapons capable of temporarily disabling a lightsaber.

Following the loss of a team of Jedi sent to deal with the Yinchorri under his orders, Mace Windu is determined to lead a larger
Bookworm Amir
Sep 07, 2011 rated it did not like it
I think the book wasn't that great.

First of all, there were too many characters (of the Jedi Council) that you can't really keep track of much of them. Worst of all, there's all the weird names, the names of the planets and the rebellious warriors, that I just skip reading the names. Can't they settle for something more simpler?

Plot wise, since when did a Jedi Council authorize themselves, ALL of them, to go and fight some tyrannosaurus rex lizards who can carry guns? It also meant losing a lot
Zachary Hatton
Aug 20, 2013 rated it did not like it
I didn't finish it and I don't think I need too. The story was a little bland; there's trouble on a planet and the jedi are sent in like we've never heard that story before. I wouldn't mind so much if the ensuing plot was actually interesting and I cared about the characters. Like this jedi master dies but idk who he is and there's no reason for me to feel any remorse b/c there's nothing really special about him. Another thing I didn't like was the art work. It reminded me too much of a kid's tv ...more
Yves
Jun 10, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: bd, star-wars, sf
La planète Yinchorri vient joindre la République que déjà sa population commence à causer des problèmes. Le conseils Jedi décide donc d'envoyer des émissaires pour régler les problèmes. Peu après le départ, le Temple Jedi est attaqué par des habitants de cette planète rebelle. Ce que le Jedi ne savent pas c'est que tous ces problèmes proviennent d'une manipulation secrète des Sith.

Cette bande dessinée est plutôt ordinaire. C'est souvent le cas pour ces BD qui ont été faites avant 2002. L'histoir
B. Reese
This was overall an interesting story that expands the pre-episode 1 context of star wars. I liked it, 3.5 stars. Overall, it's kind of a "jobber" story in that not much happens to the big names. Still, it's worth reading because it does show us a little more of what the galaxy was up to before episode 1. Not essential reading, but fun if you're looking for something decent.
Angela
Dec 31, 2016 rated it liked it
An alien race is attacking other races, and has immunity to force powers. The jedi have to stop them. This is a quick tale that mainly introduces different jedi that are seen in the prequel films. A decent enough read but nothing very substantial storyline wise or character wise.
Brian Williams
May 18, 2012 rated it liked it
Worth a read if you are already a big fan of the franchise but it might not have much appear to someone who isn't deep into the universe.
Shawn Fairweather
Apr 21, 2016 rated it liked it
Overall the comic wasn't too bad. It had some good aspects and definitely added to the build up to the Phantom Menace however there was some quirkiness that I could've done without.
Mark
Oct 15, 2013 rated it it was ok
Very average pre-Phantom Menace story in which nothing much happened. Disappointing.
Frank Delaney
Jun 07, 2011
Jonathan
rated it did not like it
May 02, 2011
Sep 17, 2016
Eodeon
Feb 25, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
"Nearly thirty years of writing and editing comics, and this is what I have to show for it."
—Randy Stradley, pointing to this biography.

More to come, folks!

Star Wars Legends Graphic Novels (1 - 10 of 81 books)
  • Star Wars: Dawn of the Jedi, Volume 1: Force Storm
  • Star Wars: Dawn of the Jedi, Volume 2: Prisoner of Bogan
  • Star Wars: Dawn of the Jedi, Volume 3: Force War
  • The Golden Age of the Sith (Star Wars: Tales of the Jedi, #1)
  • Fall of the Sith Empire (Star Wars: Tales of the Jedi, #2)
  • Knights of the Old Republic (Star Wars: Tales of the Jedi, #3)
  • The Freedon Nadd Uprising (Star Wars: Tales of the Jedi, #4)
  • Dark Lords of the Sith (Star Wars: Tales of the Jedi, #5)
  • The Sith War (Star Wars: Tales of the Jedi, #6)
  • Redemption (Star Wars: Tales of the Jedi, #7)