Start by marking “Remember to Forget” as Want to Read:
Remember to Forget

Remember to Forget

(Remember to Forget #1)

In Remember to Forget from Watty Award-winning author Ashley Royer, Levi has refused to speak since the tragic death of his girlfriend, Delia, and can't seem to come out of his depression and hindering self-doubt. Desperate to make some positive change in Levi’s life, his mother sends him to live with his father in Maine. Though the idea of moving from Australia to America ...more
Published April 5th 2016 by Blink (first published April 20th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Remember to Forget, please sign up.
Ashley Royer Yes, it is appropriate for teens. It does deal with teenage anxiety and depression but it also shows how friends and family can get you through tough …moreYes, it is appropriate for teens. It does deal with teenage anxiety and depression but it also shows how friends and family can get you through tough times if you let them. The first few chapters the main character, who is going through some difficult times, is hard to like, but once the reader realizes what is causing his depression, you will end up routing for him and hope he gets better with the help of his dad and new friends. I wrote this story at the age of 15/16 and although the subject matter at times is sad, there are no chapters that couldn't be read by teens even as young as 13. Hope this helps and I hope you enjoy Remember to Forget.(less)
Ashley Royer
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

Start your review of Remember to Forget
Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin
May 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own

Levi is an emotional mess after his girlfriend Delia dies. He has clinical depression, panic attacks and he has stopped talking. It's been six months.

Neither his mom nor his best friend Caleb can help him. The therapists are having a hard time helping him. Pills, Pills, Pills. He acts out, he cries a lot. I have to tell you that I can't relate to what brought this on in Levi, but I also have panic attacks and clinical depression so I understand that part. Levi explains later on in the book what
Angy Potter - Collector of Book Boyfriends
 photo remember to forget_zpsdloeuswp.jpg

Audiobook Review: 5+++ Stars

I really don’t know what got into me the moment I decided to read this book—I always run away from angsty books—but I’m grateful I did. First of all, I have to say this book—and audiobook—is beyond perfect. Levi’s story is heartbroken, but it is also full of hope. This book is about forgiveness, family, friendship, love and above all, hope. I’m in awe with the author’s writing style, it’s fluent and flawless, but most of all, her ability to create such belie
Grace
Mar 30, 2019 rated it liked it
O.W.L.s Read #5
Completes Defence Against the Dark Arts - Reducto: Read a book starting with an R

Not necessarily a book I loved, but I enjoyed my reading experience. I am more amazed at how a 17 year-old wrote this. What was I doing at 17?! Certainly not writing this well lol

I also do very much like the representation in here. It was a hard read, but I'd say it was very important too.
Sierra
Jun 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Oh my goodness can I just scream to the stars about this book??? Basically if you're trying to decide whether or not to read it, DO!!!
I mean seriously! It's completely clean, there's no icky love triangle, it's written in a wonderful and engaging style, and main characters (okay, all the characters) fan-freaking-tastic! Also the romance. 100% yes, all the yes. *squishes them* Seriously, the ADORABLENESS!!
Faith
I never read YA fiction. Like ever. I don't really know why, but it's usually just not my thing. So when I came across this book, though I was immediately intrigued by the summary, I was somewhat apprehensive. Will I like it? Will I hate it? Why not give it a shot? So I did. ;)
And I read a 304 page book in 2 days! (Saturday afternoon-ish to Monday morning. It's still two days. XD) So yeah. It had some really good parts, but some other things that made me not love it. Seeing as how it did make m
Galaxy Adventurer
Jan 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorite, 2016
THIS WAS SO CUTE AND SO GOOD OH MY STARS I LOVED IT :-D <3 ...more
Linda (un)Conventional Bookworms
Remember to Forget has many strong moments, but also some that made me feel a little disconnected from the characters.
Jen
Apr 08, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley, lent-read
This wasn't a bad book, but the beginning didn't grab me, so I skipped to chapter 29. It was good from that point to the end and I don't feel like I missed anything by skipping over 20 chapters.

That can be a good thing, the author so fleshed out the characters that no matter where you jump in on the story, they are real to you and you don't need back story on them, or bad if the characters are just tropes the reader can follow along with at any stage of the book.

I would say this is a combo. The
Lilian
Feb 04, 2016 rated it liked it
(After thinking about it, I changed my review from 4 stars to 3)
I don't even know what to think about this book. I absolutely despised the beginning. Levi was so freaking annoying, I couldn't handle it. Ask my family and my goodreads friends, and they'll tell you how much I talked about how I didn't want to read it. But, I finally pushed through and got through the book. The second half was better, I'll admit. Levi wasn't AS annoying. I still don't love him, but I hate him less.

I feel like the p
Lekeisha The Booknerd
Good story, though the writing isn't great. Full RTC!
Tamara
Jul 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Excellent!!!
Abigail
Oh man, I am really glad that I pushed through those few chapters in the beginning because this book was amazing!! So at first I really hated Levi's attitude towards things, he was a huge jerk. Now don't go commenting about me having no heart, just listen to me first. I understand what he is going through and I loved seeing him fight through his troubles and coming out with a brighter future. Reading realstic fiction is always so refreshing because it proves that even the disabled and the depres ...more
Powder River Rose
In the beginning I just wanted to spank the whiny, disrespectful teen but after continuing to follow the story I found it to be rather enlightening about the effect of trauma on others but most especially youth. It's also about the strong bonds of friendships old and new and loving family bonds.
C
3.5 stars.

Okay, so I went into this kind of as a meme, because this was originally a Luke Hemmings fanfiction posted to Wattpad. However, I somehow really needed to read this at this point in my life, so I actually enjoyed it.
Sarah Vanscoyoc
Feb 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
This book ended up being quite a bit different from what I was anticipating. I’m not even really sure what I was expecting, beyond maybe a book about self discovery. What I found was a little of that, a bit of romance, and a dose of rediscovery. I enjoyed seeing the characters come to life from among the pages and I kept turning them well into the night more than once.
After losing his girlfriend, Levi Harrison decides to stop talking and draws into himself to the point his mother decides to sen
Harker
Oct 22, 2016 rated it did not like it

In the beginning of the book, Levi is an annoying little shit. His attitude is terrible and I won't give him a pass because he's grieving. I understand grief, I understand depression, and I don't know if it's because he was a horrible person or whether the writing was overdone to portray his depression, but he was a jerk to the people around him and manipulative towards his father. One moment that stands out as e
Morgan Combs
May 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
if there were some read a book a day challenge going on somewhere i'd totally be on track this week!

remember to forget by ashley royer was fantastic.

ashley's writing is masterful. she didn't dumb down her writing or mechanics just because this was a young adult book.
her characters are appropriately developed with out being to detail-y.
she builds this gut wrenching tension several times throughout the book that just reminds me of being that age and how emotional and raw that time of your life c
Mar 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, booksparks
I thought this story was captivating and quirky. I loved every bit of it. As soon as I finished it I passed it to my fourteen-year-old daughter and she squealed with delight when she realized what book it was and who it was written by!

The writing and storyline were both solid. I highly recommend this book, especially to teenagers.

I received a copy of this book from BookSparks for my honest review.
❤Marie Gentilcore
3.5 stars. This was a good book about Levi, a teen from Australia, who is battling depression after his girlfriend dies in a car accident. His mom sends him to stay with his father in Maine because she is hoping that a change of scene will help. I like how the book dealt with depression and shared Levi’s point of view and while his attitude was frustrating to those around him it was also something he could not control.
Dee/ bookworm
Mar 31, 2016 rated it really liked it
Amazing book! Lots of emotions that you run through. Great read! Pick it up!

I received a free copy of this novel in exchange for an honest review from NetGalley
Shelley
Mar 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I downloaded this as an audio book from Audiobook Sync and I have had it on my phone for a couple years before I actually got to it.

What a great story! I first thought the story was a little mainstream with the main character getting over his girlfriend who died but it was much more than that.

Levi's girlfriend died and he stopped talking. Basically he hasn't talked in almost a year. His mother doesn't know what to do so she sends him to live with his dad in Maine (they are living in Australia).
Carolina Godinho
This book was a good surprise. You realize the author really researched about mental illnesses, and took her time to make it believeble, though it was kind of rushed form the second half on.

But, if you consider that it was written by a teenager, it was really great. I think she was really brave to write about a subject so hard, and where many has failed before her.

If you want read this book waiting for a romance, you´ll be severely disappointed. It focus on Levi his mental illness and how he cop
Deborah Andreasen
Jul 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was a great story to introduce teens and adults alike to mental illnesses, like depression and anxiety, in a real and normal light. You have a great cast of characters who are very open and accepting of different challenges, and that's fantastic.

The book is clean. No language or sexual content. Minimal teen drinking. There's one party scene, but the drinking is not shown in a good light, so it's not glamorized.

I debated between and 3 and a 4, but rounded up. I really enjoyed the book, but
Toni FGMAMTC
The lead in this story is very depressed because of a life experience. He's a teen. He has a good support system. This story does a good job of helping someone who hasn't gone through something similar to be empathetic. It's a sweet story overall.
Sarah Amelia
Dec 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: owned-by-me
This was such a sweet book! Definitely a little bit of a guilty pleasure read but I loved it and read it in just a couple hours.

It waa really fascinating seeing how grief impacted Levi and how he changed throughout the book! He was so angsty at the beginning but eventually changed and started to live.
Jaci
Feb 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
Levi’s story is heartbreaking. I'd never read a book which describes perfectly a person who’s dealing with depression and anxiety before. I could understand the Levi’s situation but at the same time I felt annoyed by his behavior sometimes.
This book is so good. I recommend it.
Jill
Feb 24, 2018 rated it did not like it
Unrealistic. Too much telling and not enough showing. Almost stopped listening several times.
Sara Mangiafico
Sep 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
Remember to Forget, published on April 5th, 2016, is a fictional novel by Ashley Royer, a 19-year-old (who happens to be from the same city as me!). It takes place in the present in Australia in the beginning, but changes to Maine fairly quickly, as the protagonist moves. A couple of the main characters are Levi, and Delilah. They are both teens, trying to figure out life. Levi has been stuck in a depression since his ex-girlfriend, Delia, tragically died, causing him not to want to speak to an ...more
RD
This reminds me of a lot of fanfiction I have read over the years, and in bad ways. Dull, rambling, and--this is a personal pet peeve of mine, btw--jumps between POVs, right down to [character] POV.

I shouldn't be surprised this ended up getting professionally published, and yet I am.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 2 Dec 22, 2015 06:07AM

• Ella, yo y la gran idea de ser valientes
  • Rebuttal
  • Y que te quedes
  • Tú tan refugio y yo tan a la deriva
  • A la de tres: ¡Te quiero!
  • Tu maldita sonrisa
  • Dime otra vez te quiero
  • Hope Again (Again, #4)
  • La fragilidad de un corazón bajo la lluvia
  • She's With Me (She's With Me, #1)
  • Firmado, Abril (Abril, #1)
  • Marfil (Enfrentados, #1)
  • Mi plan D
  • Las alas de Sophie
  • El día que dejó de nevar en Alaska
  • Obedeciendo Tus Reglas (Tus reglas, mi juego #2)
  • Stay With Me (She's With Me, #2)

Remember to Forget (2 books)
  • Taking  Chances (Remember to Forget, #2)