Start by marking “The Sapphiran Agenda (Star Trails Tetralogy)” as Want to Read:
The Sapphiran Agenda (Star Trails Tetralogy)

The Sapphiran Agenda (Star Trails Tetralogy)

Thyron is a flora peda telepathis from the planet, Sapphira. His world is occupied by his species of telepathic walking plants as well as a race of cannibalistic pygmies who worship them as gods. Encounters with humans generally don't end well. Face it, humans are omnivorous and plants a popular source of nourishment. Attempt this on Sapphira, however, and the food chain i ...more
Published September 8th 2015 by Kalliope Rising Press

To ask other readers questions about The Sapphiran Agenda, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Sapphiran Agenda

Start your review of The Sapphiran Agenda (Star Trails Tetralogy)
John Coon
Mar 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Marcha Fox knows how to create an engrossing short story. Telepathic plant Thyron strikes a deal to rescue a stranded woman on another planet. Thyron heads there with sinister intentions and things take an unexpected turn. This is a first-rate intelligent sci-fi tale. I enjoyed the originality and creativity put into building this fictional world and these characters. Definitely worth a read for fans of the genre.
Elle Klass
Sep 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
The Sapphiran Agenda is Thyron’s story. Thyron is an intelligent mobile plant. He communicates with others through psi waves and implanting pictures or words into the heads of other beings. He’s a very cool plant. This story is a spin-off from the Star Trails Tetralogy. Thyron is first introduced in Beyind the Hidden Sky the first book in the series. The Sapphiran Agenda is the situation we meet him in the series but from his point of view.
I loved the subtle comedy and the development of Thyron’
Stephen Geez
Dec 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
The Sappharin Agenda sci-fi novella is a prequel introducing the backstories of characters in Marcha Fox’s Star Trails Tetralogy. Sentient plant Thyron strikes a deal with humans on behalf of his planet’s primitive humanoids to rescue a stranded woman. Amid subterfuge and deception, the mission becomes a dangerous adventure with unexpected outcomes that will prove important as the characters’ stories continue in the tetralogy. Exciting and interesting, the story works quite well as a stand-alone ...more
Ceri London
This short story provides the intriguing backstory to a fascinating vegemal character introduced in Marcha Fox’s Beyond The Hidden Sky. Thyron talks in rhyming prose and it was always clear this flora peda telepathis has a very interesting provenance. I loved hearing Thyron’s point of view. Thyron is more ruthless than I imagined - a product of what he knows - and so he has some rapid learning to do as he expands his horizons and discovers he needs to rethink previous conceptions.

I love Marcha F
Donna McGarry
Oct 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
A prequel to the Star Trails Tetralogy, the Sapphiran Agenda is a short story featuring the beloved Thyron, a telepathic plant. The action begins when a spacecraft of humans descend on Sapphira demanding rescue assistance for a stranded crew member. Although Thyron is aware of the duplicitous nature of omnivores, his own thirst for knowledge and adventure compel him to accept the challenge. Armed with a stinking, motley crew of cannibalistic pygmies, Thyron embarks on a karmic quest.
I wholeheart
Jeanne Foguth
Sep 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Thyron steps into his destiny - and a story you don't want to miss.
Don't let the title of this great little book make you think it is about Sapphirans, who are an alien race of little, illiterate, blue cannibals. The Sapphiran Agenda is about my favorite-ever sentient plant: Thyron.
The Sapphiran Agenda ties in with Marcha Fox's Star Trails Tetralogy series, which I absolutely loved. In fact, if I had been asked to find a fault with that 5 star series, it would have been that Ms. Fox didn't spe
D.L. Finn
Mar 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved “The Terra Debacle: Prisoners at Area 51.” So, I was excited to read this short prequel to the story with Thyron the intelligent, mobile plant with telepathic abilities and a quick wit. Thyron is a favorite character of mine. In this well-written short story, he’s stuck on the planet Sapphira with a race of pygmies that worships his kind as gods. He gets a chance to leave or to rescue a human trapped on another planet, so he takes it. There are a few twists and turns in this story that k ...more
Jyoti Dahiya
Jan 29, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: science-fiction
A gentle look at sentient telepathic mobile plants that find herbivores horrifying, and carnivores that eat anything (including humans) easy to get on with and even control. Now, what happens when one meets a human it can deal with?

Yes, I call it a gentle story despite its being gory and displaying sneaky cunning in equal parts.
Joy Lo-Bamijoko
Feb 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
It is evident in this short story that the author has vast experience in scientific matters. Many of the jaw-breaking words attest to that, some of which I had to read over and over again to make a sense of it. However, these words sometimes take attention away from the story.

Throughout the story, Thyron, a plant, who described its intelligence equal to that of a human berated and undermined the Sapphiran pygmies. For me, this bordered on racism. On several occasions, Thyron described these pygm
Becky
Dec 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
It is a short book from the prospective of the plant! I liked it because it filled in a few details and insight that the main characters in the series didn't have. And he is kind of my favorite character. He talks or thinks in rhyme.
Joey Harkreader
May 05, 2016
Marcha Fox
Sep 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Kittylover
Dec 11, 2015
Marcha Fox
Sep 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Darron Huntzinger
Sep 15, 2019
Fiza Pathan
Mar 13, 2020

• When the Wolf Comes
  • Vasilisa the Terrible: A Baba Yaga Story (Midnight Myths and Fairy Tales, #1)
  • Death Song of the Sea (Midnight Myths and Fairy Tales #2)
  • Journey to the Rainbow's End: A Drag Queen's Odyssey
  • Voodoo or Destiny: You Decide
  • Deception: A Short Story
  • Songs of Heartstrings
  • The Choice: the unexpected heroes
The first book in the Star Trails Tetralogy, "Beyond the Hidden Sky", is free on most online sales channels which you can find here: https://books2read.com/u/bOr8j0

Join Preferred Readers to receive notice of giveaways, special deals, events and public appearances! http://eepurl.com/bn0N7v

Marcha Fox was born in Peekskill, New York and has lived in California, Utah and Texas in the course of raising