Start by marking “I am Mercy” as Want to Read:
I am Mercy

I am Mercy

Published October 30th 2015 by Createspace Independent Publishing Platform (first published October 17th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about I am Mercy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about I am Mercy

Start your review of I am Mercy
Pamela
Sep 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Fans of Natalie Babbitt’s Tuck Everlasting.
Recommended to Pamela by: Mandi Lynn
I Am Mercy by Mandi Lynn

Rating: 4.3

Genre: Fantasy/Historical Fiction/Young Adult Romance

Imagine living every day, knowing your family doesn’t love you. Imagine living a life in a world that looks at you as a curse. In 14th century France Aida is accused of being a witch when the Black Death wipes through her village. Abandoned by her family she is surrounded by death and disease, but when a woman who may actually be a witch tells her how to cure the plague it may mean uncovering a dark magic.
D.A. Paul
Sep 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
I was given a copy of I Am Mercy from Mandi Lynn, and I’m so happy I got a chance to check it out before it was published. I loved the time and setting Mandi chose for this book. It was dark, depressing, and perfect for anyone wanting to delve into a little historical fiction during Halloween. Though this book wasn’t super gory by any means, my favorite part was the plague and sickness. It’s such a fascinating piece of history and I love how she incorporated it into the story.
Luna
Sep 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: five-star, indie
*I received an ARC from the author in exchange for an honest review*

This book was amazing. I’m not even kidding. I have read some really good books this year and this book deserves a place in the top five. This was the first book I have read by Mandi Lynn and probably won’t be the last. I plan to jump to Amazon and purchase Essence, her début novel.

I Am Mercy is one of the most unique books I’ve read. It has a unique plot, beautiful writing and some killer sentences that will knock you for six.
Athena Pleek
Jun 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Mandi Lynn at her best.
Amanda Grace
Dec 16, 2017 rated it liked it
I enjoyed this book quite a lot. The plot and story line were refreshingly new compared to anything else I've been reading lately. I would recommend this book to everyone!

With that being said, the beginning of the book was a bit slow for me. It wasn't until about halfway through the book that I actually began to really enjoy it. However, once I reached the point that I did begin to enjoy it, it was very good. :)
Julia
May 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was a great book! I loved how fast paced this was. I enjoy reading short chapters so because of how short the chapters were, I was able to get through it fast. Ada De Luna's past is so heartbreaking. Her family was so cruel to her and it was all because of the color of her eyes. I wished that Garren would have come back for her. I am hoping in Essence he will return because I want to see their relationship work out.
Lady Elizabeth
Oct 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I got an ARC of this book and when I did my reaction was... crazy

I can't explain how much I loved this book even if it's not in my general genre because it's not a romance novel... sadly, because if it was... *breath deeply*

I was surprise to see how great it was, why? Because Mandi it's so young that I was a little worry but this girl... ohhhh... this girl know what she is talking about.

The story suck me in from the first moment and I just couldn't put it down until it was done and I cry... I am
Vanessa
Dec 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
This book had me in tears. Seriously. Essence made me bawl my eyes out so I was mentally ready this time and reading went a little better than the last time.

I found there was alot of confusing parts, I didn't really know what was happening sometimes, but I don't know if that's just me?

Overall the writing was beautiful, you can tell Mandi has grown alot since writing Essence and I can't wait to read more stories from her.
J.L. Willow
Jun 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
What a beautiful story! I absolutely love Lynn's writing style. Her storytelling is effortless, and she definitely knows how to pull on a reader's heartstrings. I loved how each of the characters interacted with each other, building upon their personalities and character arcs. I can't wait to see what she does next!
Ryan
Dec 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I gotta say, Mandi Lynn outdid herself once again. I have read her first book, Essence and I genuinely enjoyed it. I Am Mercy was just as excellent. I read each chapter and am spellbound. I don't wanna give anything away to those who have read it, but if you've read Essence and loved it, you'll really enjoy I Am Mercy for sure.
Becca Smith
Aug 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I found this book through following Mandi Lynn’s YouTube channel and I’m so glad I did! I am Mercy is very well written. The prose is almost poetic in its style.

I really like how the author dealt with the concept of immortality. I’m personally obsessed with immortality, but Mandi made me think of things I hadn’t thought of before. I really love it when books can do that!

I also love how the first part of the book really delves into what it would actually be like to live during the Black Death. It
Christina Hannan
Aug 21, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I quite enjoyed this book. While I would’ve loved to see more of the beginning and explore the world of 14th century France a bit more, I thought the plot was intriguing and the characters sympathetic. It’s a book that questions what it is to be human and what life after death potentially looks like.

It was an easy read that was quick to settle into and easy to follow along with. While sometimes I did feel like it dragged, it picked up slowly when Hadley was introduced and that kept my interest.
M.V.
Sep 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Intense

This book was amazing! The settings and character development. I don’t often read historical fiction, but I follow the author in youtube- Mandi creates a world that is so different then the living one. She captures so much feeling and intent a d it makes you question even your own world.

This book made me realize how important character development is in a story. It spans years and Mandi has captured the changes the world has gone perfectly.

Its a good one- your should read!
Jeffrey
Sep 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Let me start off by saying that I did enjoy this book. I found the characters well developed and I felt for Aida de Luna. However, the story was very slow going and I wasn't really sure what the point of the story was at times. It wasn't until I thought a little harder that I realized that this is a prequel to Mandi Lynn's first story, Essence. Once I figured that out it really helped me by answering some questions that Essence left me with. I truly enjoyed the story and would recommend this to ...more
Peighton Weber
Dec 04, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was a great book with excellent writing/imagery and a beautifully emotional story, which I thoroughly enjoyed. The only reason I am not giving it five stars is because the story itself only followed the synopsis to a certain point and then went in a completely different direction. While it was a beautiful story, I do wish that it hadn't had such a drastic plot change that was not mentioned in the synopsis.
Tabatha Shipley
Apr 29, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What I Loved:
-The concept of living forever at a price.
-The focus on love in various forms.
-The scene descriptions are well written, Mandi writes like a poet!

Who Should Read This One: