Start by marking “Love, Fishie” as Want to Read:
Love, Fishie

Love, Fishie

(Neil Gaiman Rarities: Humble Bundle)

A birthday gift for Neil Gaiman’s 42nd birthday from his daughter Maddy Gaiman, this charming booklet features poems by Maddy and Neil, and provides an intimate glimpse at the author’s private life. Only 100 copies of this chapbook exist.
Published 2002 by Quiche Books

To ask other readers questions about Love, Fishie, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Love, Fishie

Trish
Sep 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
One of the stories I got when purchasing Neil Gaiman's Humble Bundle.

For those who do not know: these are stories and poems written by Maddy and Neil Gaiman whenever Neil was away and his daughter missed him. Plus some cute drawings. What made this such a treat was not only to see the general love between a father and his daughter (which already is heart-warming) but also what a creative family this is. Full of fun and colour and more fun and more colour. The introduction was also quite wonderfu
Stephanie
   A cute little collection of Maddy Gaiman’s poems, artwork, and even a one act play. It’s fun seeing how an eight-year-old mind works and what she decides to write, and how it fits together. Quiche’s introduction (her editor/typist/ticklemaster) is informative, her daddy’s poems interspersed play off of her works, and she has an impressive “about the author” section all to herself.
Dragan Nanic
Sep 29, 2017 rated it it was ok
Got it as a part of Neil Gaiman's Humble Bundle.

I liked the way it shows the relationship of an 8 year old and her dad in an artistic family that encourages expressing yourself from the early age. Otherwise, it is still an 8 year old and her dad and it could have stayed private - it has much more value to them.
★ℕłℂØℓҾ★ (Nix)
Sep 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
Acquired through Neil Gaiman's Rarities Humble Bundle.

I especially loved Neil Gaiman's little inserts.

"I wish
My fish
That you
Were here
So I
Could hug
And hold
You near..."

Memorized the whole thing on the first reading. So simple, yet so endearing! ❤
Pinchy
Dec 09, 2016 added it
Shelves: on-my-e-reader
Zelo luštno, zabavno. Pogled iz otroškega kota - naivno a iskren.
Nicole
Read May 2016
Got this as part of Neil Gaiman's 2015 rarities Humble Bundle.
I have no idea what kind of star-rating to give to this though, so I’m just going to leave it without.
David Raz
Got this as part of the 2016 Humble Bundle.

I have to be honest on this one. It might have has some value as a Neil Gaiman rarity, and it may have two or three half decent pages by him, but other than that, it has the quality of what any normal eight year old could write for her father. I did not find it in any way charming or entertaining, nor did it "provide an intimate glimpse at the author’s private life". Reading it was just a chore I felt I must do as a fan, and almost a total waste of time
Jamie
Jul 29, 2017 rated it liked it
This was a sweet little book written by an 8 year old girl with a little help from her father. Reading her little stories and seeing imagination at work reminded me of my own childhood. The addition of Neil Gaiman's letters to his daughter helped to show the love a father feels for his daughter and reminded me of my own father/daughter relationship.
Jessica
Humble Bundle
Elin Nilsson
Jan 28, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2017, gaiman
This one was extremely cute. It's mostly written by Gaiman's then 8-year-old daughter Maddy. The poems in it were simple and obviously written by a child, but I couldn't help smiling because the whole thing was so cute. Gaiman's own poems in this Collection were only replies to his daughter's poems, that they sent each other as emails when Gaiman was out of town for conventions or signings. So cute :3
Jess
Absolutely adorable. Maddy had me laughing the whole way through.
Riley
Dec 17, 2016 added it
Adorable!
Serena
Sep 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
A very cute book from my Neil Gaiman's Rarities Humble Bundle, poems, drawings, and short stories shared between Neil and his daughter Maddy. It reminded me of Just So Stories by Rudyard Kipling, I think another sort of book like this is Letters from Father Christmas (but I'm not sure as I haven't yet read it).

There are very few other kinds of books that look into a author's family life (be that author a mother or father or child), this was both bitter and sweet glimpse.
Francisco Tello
Another "book" I got as part of Neil Gaiman's Rarities Humble Bundle.

This is actually very personal, and I am kind of surprised he chose to share this. It is a collection of letters, short stories, poems and drawings he exchanged with his daughter Maddy when she was little and he was traveling because of work. It is extremely sweet, weird, funny, awkward and beautiful.

It's more of a rarity for Neil's fans to enjoy, so that they can have a better picture of Neil, the man and Neil, the father. But
Colleen (Soggywarmpockets)
Shelves: ebooks
so cute :D
Thomas
Nov 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
A cute glimpse into an artistic family.
Marie
Oct 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
I loved it, and it inspires me, both in regards to what one can do with their own kids, or nephews or nieces, or any young child in your life. It's very cute and makes me happy.
Briar
Dec 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
Feels weird to rate something so personal, but honestly this was just so cute and sweet. I'm so glad this got published and I feel so privileged to have read it.
Fran
Sep 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: own-gaiman, shorts
Last night I bought the Gaiman rarities Humble Bundle. Today, I read this. It was adorable.
Randy
Feb 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
Charming
Eli
Sep 30, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: women-authors
This was super cute. I wish I were as good at writing as Maddy was at 8.
Katja Nielsen
Sep 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
This is just to adorable!
Jaye
Stephen Lewis
rated it it was ok
Nov 08, 2015
Kali
rated it did not like it
Sep 11, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 next »

Neil Gaiman Rarities: Humble Bundle (1 - 10 of 21 books)
  • A Little Gold Book of Ghastly Stuff