Start by marking “You Can Leave Your Boots On” as Want to Read:

In the heart of Texas...

Liberal Austinite Travis Boyd recycles, shops local, and is partner in a successful green-building company. After his last disastrous relationship, he'll never again date a man who's not out. A little discretion while working for ultra-conservative clients in west Texas is hardly the same as being in the closet. Anyway, the only person he's int
Published November 10th 2015

Start your review of You Can Leave Your Boots On
1-Click Addict Support Group
When he found himself railroaded into trying a new local dating app, green-building company owner Travis Boyd never expected to encounter his client’s macho son. Bo Vargas is West Texas to the bone—meat eating, cowboy boot wearing, alpha male who, until Travis meets him as his blind date, never gave a hint that he was anything but heterosexual. Bo is essentially the polar opposite of Travis, who is all liberal Austinite—passionate about green living, buying local, and eating vegetarian. Travis c ...more
Jilrene
Dec 12, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I'm writing a review for Gay.Guy.Reading and Friends. I'll add a link when it's available.

1.5 sad little stars

I received a free copy of this book from the author in exchange for an honest review.
Ami
May 09, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Ami by: Lada
2.75 stars rounded up

It was okay -- at least I was able to finish this (the other Preston's book, I DNF-ed). I thought the emotions when they fight were palpable and I was really pulled into it. Their snappy discussions were also good.

BUT, I didn't really enjoy the fact that the bulk of this story was mainly about the sex (it even included an angry sex!!) rather than how their relationship progressed from that blind date to where they were in the end. There were few things that I would love to s
Jessica Alcazar
Well I am genuinely impressed. In just a few chapters, Irene Preston managed to provide a very well written story about trust, growth, love, family, acceptance, and so much more. It's focused, true to life and relatable. I honestly expected a short MM smut (the cover and title should show you why) story but what I got was way more.

I look forward to reading more from Ms Preston!
Lucrecia
Nov 12, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
You Can Leave Your Boots On

Nice short story. Simple, uncomplicated.
But then again not so much. I mean there's not much surrounding the actual story, not much happening at all really but at the same time both MCs are so dramatic about everything and anything it's almost funny and a little annoying at times... they were in their own way the whole time.
Right till the very HEA end ^^
Though reads more HFN than anything else cause again, they make things extra complicated for themselves...

Solid effort
Dena
Nov 14, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was excited to get my hands on this book after reading Tall Order by Irene Preston in the Romancing Austin anthology and can say that I enjoyed it just as much. A smooth, short read that's uncomplicated, yet spicy, it leaves you wanting more of Travis and Bo.
Mercedes
May 01, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mm-romance
Tinnean
May 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Hot sex, a bit of angst, and guys being guys, only smarter. :-)
Liz (Bugetta)
Carey Sabala
Oct 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
One night turns into forever in this surprisingly romantic tale of two complete opposites completing each other.

Awwww crap, I kinda loved this little book! I’m not a huge M/M romance kinda girl although I’ve read it plenty, it’s just not really my go-to type of book and I’m not quite sure why because almost all the M/M romance I have read has been really well written with wonderful characters. I just think I need more exposure to wonderful stories like You Can Leave Your Boots On by Irene Presto
Christi Snow
Oct 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My Review:
This is not a very long book, but it's a fabulous, complete story with so much depth and romance and emotion, I never felt like it was lacking anything.

This book is about two men who work together. Bo is from El Paso and is an executive for a large construction company. Travis is from Austin and helps develop environmental friendly projects. They've worked together for a few months in El Paso. Although Travis is extremely attracted to Bo, he's never seen any sign that Bo is gay. That'
Wendy Ann
The title of this book definitely conjures up pictures of hot cowboys in compromising positions (yeehaw), and while this isn’t a cowboy story at all, it does still encompass some of the best of Texas in the form of a long, tall, cowboy boot wearing stud named Bo. Travis is very drawn to Bo (easy to see why), but despite the man’s magnetism, Travis has sworn to never have to hide out in the closet again for anyone.

From the interesting meet up (via a dating app) to the opposites attract theme and
Kara
Oct 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m
This novella was so steamy and sweet, it mixed together perfectly in this book!
So you get Bo who owns the company that Travis's company is trying to merge with. Well he has been attracted to Travis for awhile but has not acted on it yet. He also has not told his family that he is attracted to men.
Well Bo's sister sets up a dating app for Travis because they are good friends and she wants to see him happy. Well when he gets to the restaurant to meet his blind date... I am going to leave it at t
Monika
3.5 Stars

Well this is going to be a tricky review to write, I don’t know where to begin. It was a superfast read, I read this in one sitting and I did enjoy it but…..There is way more sex than story and what story there is takes place while the main characters are about to have sex, having sex or had just had sex. Now don’t get me wrong I loved the main characters and their story, I think it was all great – and yes the guys are hot – I just wish more of the story happened outside of the bedroom.
Pam
Sep 27, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wow!! I was able to finish this sweet story in record time. I did not want to put it down. Travis is out and a proud gay man who recently was in a bad relationship. This has left him a bit jaded. While on a blind date he discovers his work partner Bo is also gay but not out of the closet. After a date and a hot night they develop a serious relationship.

But Travis demands that Bo comes out to his family. Little does he know the depth of love Bo has for him and a serious misunderstanding occurs.
Diverse
Nov 09, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Travis is an out and proud gay man. He also lives a green life. Bo is his boss. Not out and proud, and not at all green. These are the MC's.

I loved the idea of using a blind date app to start out this love affair. So creative!
When Bo and Travis get together, physically, it's like New Years and the Fourth of July. Sparks, booms, and holy wow! But they have struggles to deal with and in the end the real questions is; is it worth it?

Discovering that answer is a lot of fun and wildly entertaining. T
Janie
This was a very well written and sexy little short story. I love that they were both macho cowboys who fell for each other. But by making Travis a health and "green" nut it was so much better. The story moved along nicely and the characters were very well thought out. The only thing I didn't like was the ending. While it was a nice happy ending, to me it just sort of stopped and I wasn't expecting it.
Pati
Honestly this is a 2.5 star and much shorter than the page count listed. Though well written with like able characters it could have been so much more. And that ending was no ending at all. The end was way too abrupt. Instead of the rest of the book being a note from the author and two chapters of another book I would have preferred to have the book that I purchased have a couple more chapters with a true ending.
Heather Thurmeier
Dec 07, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was the first book of this genre I've read and it was great! Bo and Travis are both so sweet and loving with each other, and yet so hesitant to find their happily ever after. Both have issues to work on throughout the book and I loved watching them succeed at finding love. I'd recommend this to anyone who loves a great romance!
Otterpuss

I felt a bit cheated that we didn't really see the falling in love bit. It basically went from blind date to full blown relationship but we didn't see any of it.

Travis and Bo are good characters and I enjoyed them together but the story was lacking depth.

I also felt cheated because this is a very short, quick read anyway and then it ended at 81%!!
Jodi Ciorciari-marinich
Oct 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Quick read that i loved. Travis and Bo were hot together. I finished it quickly but found myself wanting more of them. Irene's writing always captivates me and would 1 click her books everyday if I could. This story was about Bo coming around to who is truly was and embracing it. Loved it
Kristie
Review is up on Boys In Our Books. ...more
Angela Goodrich
I always enjoy it when a book has far more substance to it than the blurb and/or title would suggest. In the case of You Can Leave Your Boots On I’m pretty sure my low expectations for storyline and high expectations for sex had a lot to do with the fact that the title makes me think of the song You Can Leave Your Hat On, my preferred version being the one recorded by Tom Jones as heard in the movie The Full Monty. And while there was a rather steamy scene between Travis and Bo – and yes, the bo ...more
Gaele
What a cute and sweet story that took a serious right-hand turn into true romance after the initial set up. Travis is out and while he’d like a relationship, he’s not into dealing with those men who are in the closet or so far out of it they will cause difficulties for his business among the more conservative of his clients. But then…

Bo works for his family business, and they have brought Travis in for his expertise in green solutions. Bo is a typical uber macho cowboy type with big trucks, bold
Linda
Sep 21, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Short and sweet.

Diversity. Big Texas setting, short and sweet story. Isn't love worth the work? Glad these guys finally worked things out.
QUEERcentric Books
Reviewed by Alexis for QUEERcentric Books

You Can Leave Your Boots On by Irene Preston is a short romantic read that’s easy on the eyes, but still gives you all the angst of a full novel.

A SHORT ROMANTIC READ

The story opens with Travis, a vegan eco-architect, about to embark on an extreme blind date set up by an online computer dating service. When he arrives at the hotel restaurant, he gets quite a shock when his date turns out to be Bo Vargas, son of the owner of Vargas Development.

The
Mari  Cardenas
Dec 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
*** Copy provided by the author in exchange for a fair and honest review.***

Travis, a liberal Austinite, has been lusting over conservative straight cowboy Bo from the moment he saw him. While he has gotten a certain vibe from Bo, he's not about to act up on his attraction, especially after his last relationship with a very in the closet man blew up in his face. Ree, Bo's sister, convinces Travis to rely on a very exclusive dating service to find a date and hoping to get over his infatuation, Tr
Peggy Bird
Feb 10, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Can a liberal who owns a green building company and who is proudly out of the closet find love with a cowboy who swears that just because he picks up men while he's on business trips doesn't mean he's gay? Travis Boyd (the liberal) and Bo Vargas (the cowboy) find out when a dating app pairs them on a blind date. This is a short, sexy read that's difficult to put down until you find out if the boys will ever get to their happily-ever-after!
Avid Reader
Oct 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
You Can Leave Your Boots On by Irene Preston
M/M Romance
Triggers: Closeted relationship
I was given this book for an honest review by Inked Rainbow Reads.

This was a sweet story. Bo and Travis are working together when Bo's insane and pushy sister gets her new friend Travis to try a new dating app. Without knowing what he was really getting in to, Travis decides, what the heck? Little did he know that his date would be his very sexy coworker... his very sexy, closeted coworker.

Bo is not a
Curtis
Travis Boyd keeps his sexuality under wraps. It's not because he doesn't want to be out--in fact, he's made a commitment that he won't date someone who's in the closet. It's just that he's not sure that his conservative clients in the heart of Texas would be too thrilled with him being overly open about it. And it doesn't impact his work at all anyway. But when an anonymous dating app sets him up on a blind date with one of the last people he might expect, he finds himself forced to reexamine al ...more
Irene Preston has to write romances, after all she is living one. As a starving college student, she met her dream man who whisked her away on a romantic honeymoon across Europe. Today they live in the beautiful hill country outside of Austin, Texas where Dream Man is still working hard to make sure she never has to take off her rose-colored glasses.