Start by marking “Initium (The Nocte Trilogy, #2.5)” as Want to Read:
Initium (The Nocte Trilogy, #2.5)

Initium (The Nocte Trilogy #2.5)

3.88  ·  Rating Details  ·  879 Ratings  ·  240 Reviews
I never knew what the consequences would be.
I say that like it’s a defense, an excuse.
It’s not. It’s simply the truth.
I never knew what he would become to me.
Through everything, he’s become everything.
My rock, my air, my love.
My everything.
And then….
Things changed.
Because it was wrong.
Because sometimes, our sons must pay for the sins of their fathers.
Or their mot
68 pages
Published September 23rd 2015 by Lakehouse Press, Inc.

To ask other readers questions about Initium, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Initium

The Deal by Elle KennedyTreasure, Darkly by Jordan Elizabeth MierekThe Friend Zone by Kristen CallihanThe Mistake by Elle KennedyConfess by Colleen Hoover
Book Junkies' Favorite Books of 2015
123rd out of 170 books — 298 voters
Complicate Me by M.  RobinsonForbid Me by M.  RobinsonGrey by E.L. JamesSuit by Jettie WoodruffOne with You by Sylvia Day
2015 Most Anticipated!!
171st out of 203 books — 394 voters

More lists with this book...

Jennifer Kyle
NO RATING DUE TO NOT UNDERSTANDING A SINGLE THING I JUST READ.

description

I seriously can’t even rate this short novella. I have no clue what the hell it all means. What the continuous phrases mean…

”Save me and I’ll save you.”

”One for one for one.”

description

Then the author throws in Salome, Judas, demons, incest, dreams, deaths… I HAVE NO CLUE WHATSOEVER!!!

description

Overall, if you have a grasp of what I just read, I would love your summary!!

Brandi
Sep 24, 2015 Brandi rated it really liked it

I'm so confused.
I mean...I think I might have figured out something...fuck.
I really don't know what to think.
description

I need answers...and it's seems like they are so close!!!
Argh!
Vrsha (PeekAtMyBookReview)
Oct 11, 2015 Vrsha (PeekAtMyBookReview) rated it liked it
Shelves: 2015
To be honest I was even more confused by this one. I love what was revealed in this one but it was so difficult to link all that is being revealed. I will need to re-read the first two books again before reading the last one!

Click On The Color Splashes To Join Me ;)
description description description description description description description
warhawke
Genre: Mystery
Type: Book 2.5 of The Nocte Trilogy
POV: First Person - Female
Rating:

Like most people who read this novella, I had no idea what the fuck I just read hahaha! It started well and normal and then the last 2-3 chapters I was lost at what the point of the whole story and how it connected to the main books.

“He was the only good thing in my life,” I tell her, and I see red with my rage. “He never asked me for anything. He loved me for me, he didn’t love me for what I could provide hi
Norah Una Sumner
"She called herself the daughter of death, and she wore her ring proudly."

-Salome with the head of St. John Baptist - Guido Reni

Ummm....okay.What the heck have I just read?This story was extremely messed up,I'm not even sure that I understand everything I've read.Also,I don't know why,but I don't really like Olivia and I just couldn't connect with her and her actions.Sorry,Olivia.I'm really looking forward to Lux because I desperately need answers.
Sofii♡

“Sons must pay for the sins of their fathers.”

I don't even try to write a review because I CAN'T !

description

Each book manages to confuse me more and more and I don't know what is real and what is not! I'm a MESS!, For the sake of my feelings I hope that most things that happen in this short story aren't real.
This one has been the most Sickly :/
Brendy
just :

HUH?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!HUH?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!HUH?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And in Vitale's manners...nons.... not yet ! I'm giving it the benefit of the doubt for the third book...there might actually be light at the end of the path
Jessica~loves to hate a cliffy~
This is Courtney Cole, fucking with our heads

I have no clue what was going on and I'm still intrigued, there best be some answers to all this nonsense in Lux

Sofia
Sep 27, 2015 Sofia rated it it was amazing
Sabem aquela sensação de enxaqueca a chegar? Não? Então leiam Initium.
Teorias. Sou feita de teorias.
Algumas que tinha foram desfeitas com uma rapidez gritante quando li esta novella, outras permanecem no sonho de eu estar certa. E se acertar vou considerar - me melhor que Poirot.

description

Vamos lá falar do que interessa. E a primeira coisa é que não dá para explicar o livro sem Spoiler, então vou deixar as perguntas que ficam no ar.

Initium é narrado no passado pela mãe do Dair, o nosso British mais mist
Paige
Welp.
Basically everyone is certifiable.
Have been since the beginning of time.
With a side of gross.
#WhatAmIReading

Edited:
While this was really short, I felt like I got more of an actual story with this addition. Though the introduction of the paranormal aspects, makes me not nearly as excited to start book 3 as I was after reading Nocte.
✰ Bianca ✰ BJ's Book Blog ✰

I LOVED IT!!!
such a perfect little novella!
It's about Dare's mom Olivia and his dad and the whole family in England - (most of them idiots ) - back around the time Dare was created.
This is such an amazing series - with every word - every page you read, you only get more #Confuzzled

description

This is the most mind-effed series ever!

description

I don't have any idea what is happening at all! Well, ok - you get a few things here and there - but you just have NO idea how this series will end.
I NEEEEEEED to read Lux asap!
Lise *friends don't flag*
Well... that was interesting. Still confused. Perhaps a start over. Still looking forward to the last book in this series!
Karen
Sep 25, 2015 Karen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Well I never expected that!

A prequel!

The story of how my beautiful Dare DuBray was brought into this world. And Laura is there too in England playing happy families with the Savages.

Whitley and Eleanor are as brooding and threatening as they are in Verum. Maybe even more so, scary creatures with fangs and claws and blood, Olivia, Dare's mum is vulnerable and weak. Desperately in love. Desperately let down.

My head is spinning. More confused than ever. I can't tell dream from reality. There are
Donna ~ The Romance Cover
So the mind fuck continues. I'm not sure whether I dated till Lux or not or has this just whet my appetite for more...I can't wait for the end of this series and this goes somewhat to explain the past but leaves you wondering even more about the present and future. Typical Courtney Cole...she loves to play with your mind!!
Mlpmom (Book Reviewer)
Crazy crazy ride and while some things were answered, this added more questions more than anything! I loved the first few chapters of Lux though and can't wait to get my hands on it. It has been a long journey for this crazy messed up series!
SKH Scarlett is ✿Crazy4 R A I S Y
A very non-informative read, thank you very much. This novella has nothing I was looking for. It contained more fucked up revelations and twists that kept making my head spin, it continued to be on the dark side and answered none of my questions. Really, this was unnecessary but I wouldn’t really say I regret reading it!
Derna
Oct 25, 2015 Derna rated it really liked it
"You will live, and I will live, and we will always be"

So Courtney has done it again! After finishing Initium, I’m just as perplexed as before!! Hahaha, This novella take us back to the past and although it gave me answers to some question it also raises more. Therefore, I’m eager to jump right into Lux I can’t wait to see what Courtney has in store for us, as I just don’t know how it’s all going to end.
Christine (Shh Moms Reading)
Quick read to keep us in suspense...Initium takes us back to the beginning. But what is real? What is happening? I still don't know...but I can't wait to find out! Riveting and suspenseful, this series plays with the readers mind and I LOVE IT!
Amy Johnson
Oct 02, 2015 Amy Johnson rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebooks-i-own
What the hell was that?! lol
Jessica  (Angie & Jessica's Dreamy Reads)
mind-bending, insanely addictive, wickedly evocative

Initium just confirmed for me why I've been so unbelievably anxious for the final book in the Nocte trilogy. Each dark and twisted installment unearths more clues, more secrets from the past, raises more questions and grips me from beginning to end. This story takes things back, twenty years before we were first introduced to Dair and Calla... to where their fates converged before they were even born. It answers so many questions left from Noc
Jackie White
I'm exhausted and excited! I got some answers, but now I have more questions! I don't want this series to end! I honestly have never read anything like it. Courtney Cole is a genius!
Christine (Shh Moms Reading)
Sep 25, 2015 Christine (Shh Moms Reading) rated it really liked it
what the heck did I just read? I think I may have some answers but do I really?! well written and riveting...cant wait until the final book to finally learn what is going on!!
Doris
Oct 21, 2015 Doris rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm more confused now then I was!!!
Mary
Jul 01, 2016 Mary rated it liked it
A very short novella. To be honest, I am even more confused by this little novella and story. I love what was revealed, but in this one but it was so difficult to link all that is being revealed to what we already know. I'll take it that all will be revealed in the last book, Lux.
Brit
Sep 24, 2015 Brit rated it really liked it
Review to come
Briana Pacheco
spoilers ahead!!!! Review isn't of the book but rather what the book has left me thinking about.

I literally have no idea what the fuck I just read but I love it. After all this info are Dare and Finn twins or something? I know Finn is supposed to be eighteen but...that can be a lie. And Finn is supposed to be Calla's twin but... I DON"T FUCKING KNOW!!!

This novella didn't help me at all. I'm so confused, I'm thinking some incest shit is about to appear in book 3 and I'm kind of freaked out. Is Da
Talon Smith
Sep 24, 2015 Talon Smith rated it really liked it
JESUS H CHRIST GIVE ME ANSWERS WHICH WAY IS UP WHICH WAS IS DOWN COURTNEY?
JMV
Nov 22, 2015 JMV rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: author-review
Received from the author for a honest review. " That is what this is. A glimpse. A hint. Pay attention. Words are tricky." - these are the words from the author at the start of this novella and true to form, we get a glimpse of Olivia's past. It helped me fill in some blanks. Understand why it is a novella even if I'm not a fan. Best read right after book 2 Verum. I'm hoping Lux (Book #3 ) will finally tie all the pieces together and it can't come soon enough.
Courtney
Sep 24, 2015 Courtney rated it it was amazing
Where oh where do I start?!?!

Initium gives you small glimpse into the past. It gives you an insight as to why things are the way are but still leaves you with more questions.

We get a better understand of Olivia and what she went through. But damnit if I am still wanting to know more! And the Savages - oh that name couldn't be any more perfect!

Courtney does a fantastic job of giving us answers to one thing, but opens doors up to even more. She makes you think. She keeps you guessing. We are just
Imani
Oct 03, 2015 Imani rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Courtney Cole

While reading this I was like Alice.

Nothing made sense, but very little did. The Nocte trilogy is just crazy.

Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 2 Jun 23, 2016 07:39PM
New Adult Book Club: #181/15 Initium (The Nocte Trilogy #2.5) by Courtney Cole 88 78 Jan 12, 2016 11:46PM
  • The Realm of You: A Novel
  • A Brand New Ending
  • White Walls (Asylum, #2)
  • Behind the Hands That Kill (In the Company of Killers, #6)
  • Uncovering You 6: Deliverance (Uncovering You, #6)
  • Asylum
  • Seeking Nirvana (Dark Evoke, #1)
  • Infinity
  • Finding Paradise (Paradise, #2)
  • Before I Break (If I Break, #1.5)
  • Bury Me
  • Spend the Night II (The Hotel Collection, #2)
  • My Sweet Escape (Touched by an Angel, #1)
  • If You Dare (Deanna Madden, #3)
  • Love Nouveau (The Art of Falling Duet #1)
  • Forever (Forever, #2.5)
  • Coming Down (Love in London #1)
  • The Handmaid (Unexpected Circumstances, #1)
Courtney Cole is a New York Times and USA Today bestselling novelist who would eat mythology for breakfast if she could.

She has a degree in Business, but has since discovered that corporate America is not nearly as fun to live in as fictional worlds.

Courtney was born and raised in rural Kansas, but has since migrated south. She now lives in Florida and writes beneath palm trees.

Learn more about
More about Courtney Cole...

The Nocte Trilogy (3 books)
  • Nocte (The Nocte Trilogy, #1)
  • Verum (The Nocte Trilogy, #2)
  • Lux (The Nocte Trilogy, #3)

“Sons must pay for the sins of their fathers.” 0 likes