Start by marking “The Next Perfect Trade: A Magic Sword of Necessity” as Want to Read:
The Next Perfect Trade: A Magic Sword of Necessity

The Next Perfect Trade: A Magic Sword of Necessity

'The Next Perfect Trade' articulates a set of principles that can be applied in discovering superior trades; those that will be profitable in the broadest range of economic scenarios. The book shifts focus from forces that drive markets to forces that drive successful trades. The robust performance of this approach has inspired the subtitle 'A Magic Sword of Necessity'.

I
Published September 7th 2015

To ask other readers questions about The Next Perfect Trade, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Next Perfect Trade

Start your review of The Next Perfect Trade: A Magic Sword of Necessity
Dixon Liang
Jan 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A very unique trading book that I would recommend to anyone in the business. The author is definitely very qualified and effectively shares his framework of macro trading to the reader. There aren't very many books out there that do this. You don't necessarily have to agree with everything in his framework, but can take pieces here and there for your own improvement which is what the author intends. His trading style is definitely geared towards the longer term (a few years).

The book is split i
Andrew Taylor
Sep 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Amazing concepts

So well though out and mind blowing in it’s clean logic this book is worth not just the reading time but the additional hours you spend making sure you understand Alex’s key points
Benjamin Brey
May 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Excellent

I think this book does an excellent job of laying out trade structuring and the logic required to make dominant trades.
Akhil Jain
Feb 03, 2020 marked it as to-read
Reco by me trader mentor- Jagan
Kelly
Dec 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
Investing as a general theme is one of the reading topics I've selected for 2016. After reading several classics that I hadn't yet read, I thought I would move on, since those classics didn't offer anything I wasn't already using in my financial life or had learned in business school or otherwise. After reading this, I realize there is more I can read and learn from. This book is more specific, advanced, and current than what I've been reading. Specifically, it covers how the author structures h ...more
Ian
Jul 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
I have very mixed feelings about this book. The author is a very intelligent person, and clearly knows his stuff. However his trading record is pretty mixed, among other things running a hedge fund that immediately went bust. After hitting it big with a long bonds trade recently, he's reached a Eureka state where apparently he seems to think he's conquered the markets.

There's some very interesting ideas here and I've noted a few things to consider when planning big macro trades myself. However
Aurelija
Feb 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: recently-read
"Chickens are concurrently sufficient for eggs, but eggs are not concurrently sufficient for chickens" ...more
MR Riccardo
Justin Ho
Aug 04, 2020
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• The Man Who Solved the Market: How Jim Simons Launched the Quant Revolution
  • Inside the House of Money: Top Hedge Fund Traders on Profiting in a Global Market
  • The Mr. X Interviews: Volume 1: World Views from a Fictional US Sovereign Creditor
  • The Alchemy of Finance
  • Hot Commodities: How Anyone Can Invest Profitably in the World's Best Market
  • Investment Biker: Around the World with Jim Rogers
  • Deep Learning
  • मृत्युंजय
  • Growth Hacker Marketing: A Primer on the Future of PR, Marketing, and Advertising
  • Stochastic Calculus Models for Finance II: Continuous Time Models (Springer Finance)
  • Quantitative Trading: How to Build Your Own Algorithmic Trading Business
  • Technical Analysis Explained: The Successful Investor's Guide to Spotting Investment Trends and Turning Points
  • Options, Futures and Other Derivatives