Start by marking “Peace, Be Still” as Want to Read:
Peace, Be Still

Peace, Be Still

Twelve-year-old Keith is left in charge of the lighthouse and his two younger siblings while his dad goes out in the storm to help a ship in distress.

As the long night passes with waves pounding against the lighthouse, fear threatens to engulf him.

Can Keith stay awake and keep the lights burning?
Will he worry away the night, or will he find comfort
ebook, first, 14 pages
Published September 18th 2015

To ask other readers questions about Peace, Be Still, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Peace, Be Still

Age Appropriate For: All Ages
Best for Ages: 8 - 10

I was reading through a few of the short stories on my Kindle, and this was one of them. While this story isn’t very long, it is very well written and has a good message. This would make a perfect family read-aloud on a stormy evening.

While this story could be read in fifteen minutes or less, the characters are well done and the story well told. Tero shows a lot of talent in being able to convey a lot in a very short
Kellyn Roth
A sweet short story about a young boy who must trust in God during a storm while he cares for his younger siblings alone in a lighthouse. Very enjoyable with a relatable Christian message.

~Kellyn Roth
Bekah
Aug 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: booksreadin2018
Amanda Tero definitely has a delightful way of taking you within a story. Oncce you enter in, it seems like you are lost within its pages until it's time to come back to reality. This book was delightful.

What I Liked: As with all of Amanda Tero's stories, her books carry such a strong Biblical message that I greatly appreciate. In a world where a lot of writers are compromising in the things they choose to write into their books, to tone down the Biblical message, I so appreciate how this auth
Olivia
"Yes, baby girl." Dad smiled at his children. "He protected us again."

This is a great story illustrating God's protection in our lives through the story of a boy as he keeps the lighthouse beacon burning during the night. It is a reminder to Christians that we must trust the Lord in situations that are beyond our control and know He is there no matter the circumstance.

I want to thank the author for putting so many scripture passages in her stories. The Lord is prominent in this story, and I b
Kaitlyn S.
This was a sweet story, that I immediately read out loud to my younger siblings.

Keith was such a sweetheart, and took such good care of his younger siblings -- he was quite the responsible young man, and I loved him for it. His courage and bravery during the storm, and his trust in God, were a joy to read about!

The writing was superb -- in such a short amount of pages, I was drawn into the story, and didn't emerge until it was over =) that tends to happen when I am reading books from Amanda, a
Jason McIntire
Sep 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: children-s
I was a beta reader for this simple children's story, which is good for ages 8-10 (or maybe 6-8, depending on the individual kids). Even in a small and simple tale like this, there is plenty that can be done wrong, but Tero steers clear and gets it right. The story is set with details that help you feel what the main character is feeling, there is nothing eye-rollingly corny, and the moral is unmistakably clear. The author's writing skill and emphasis on Scripture are to be commended.
R.A.
I just had to read this again!! :D

This is such a great short story! We all have fears every once in a while and I know storms can be quite scary - especially if you live by the sea!!

A perfect read for young readers!! :)
Sunny Houk
Oct 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
It's a sweet story. That reminds us that God is with even at the most scariest of times. Love the story. A constant reminder to me. Thank you, Amanda for writing this story.
Melissa Henderson
Sep 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Sweet short story of finding peace during turbulent times. God's peace will comfort us. We need only to ask for His peace.
Faith
Introduction

This book is so powerful. I'm amazed how someone can pack so much into a short 2,600 word story. If you ever feel anxious about anything (who hasn't?), get this book and read it. Then read it again when you are anxious again. It's worth it.

Characters

1/1

Despite how short the book is, you really get to understand the three siblings. I could sympathize with each one of them and relate to Keith.

Dialogue

1/1

Ashley
Jan 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was a good short story. Enjoyable, but it doesn’t draw you in as much as novels do—which is partially to be expected, since it (again) is a short story. However, this is good. It is a clean read.
Kamrin
Jul 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The vivid imagery caused me to feel like I was in the lighthouse experiencing what Keith was going through. This story was quite moving. I look forward to reading more by this talented author.
Paula Shreckhise
Jun 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Very well written short story that shares a spiritual truth! Great job Amanda!
Hanna
Nov 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
Though a short story that could have taken one sitting to read, (I took two, but it was supposed to be doing something other than reading :P) I thought it was written exceptionally well. The few characters were developed as well as the could be, and very realistic. I loved the way Keith was scared, but was able to exactly what his father had instructed.

The message of this little story was quite clear, and told in a lovely way. I especially liked that Keith prayed from the beginning, but also wa
Leanne
Sep 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Peace, Be Still is the story of 12 year old Keith, who is left in charge of the lighthouse and his two younger siblings when his dad must go out into the stormy night to help a ship. As the storm rages on, and waves pound against the lighthouse, fear threatens to overtake Keith. But he must keep the light burning and his siblings safe. But as time passes and his father has still not returned, will he be overtaken with fear or learn to rely on faith?

I normally do not read to many short st
Janell R.
Sep 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I loved this story! It truly spoke to me and encouraged me spiritually, as I can say with all of Amanda's books.

The parallels between this story and the storms we go through in our Christian life are spot on. One of the things Keith struggles with is staying awake to keep the lights burning. In the worst struggles of our Christian life, we may want to just give in and quit fighting, yet that is the time when we have be the most alert or the devil will gain a foothold and cause seriou
Salinn
Oct 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I recently read Peace, Be Still and I really enjoyed it! One that I look forward to reading to my siblings sometime and I'm sure if someday I have children of my own I will read it to them too.
It's hard to find stories these days that aren't full of trash. Even Christian ones so this is a very refreshing, sweet story. I highly recommend it!
Amanda has really been blessed with the talent to write and I'm sure you will enjoy this story.
Kelsey Bryant
This is a rich and atmospheric devotional-type story…read it thoughtfully, because it really gives a lot to think about. It’s one you’ll want to reread. The spiritual lesson woven seamlessly into the tale is something we must take to heart, especially in these troubling times. The writing is strong and though the story is short, enough details about Keith and his family are given to draw you in. I highly recommend it!
Katy
Oct 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This was a lovely story with a timely message to anyone who has known fear and anxiety of the unknown. The main character, twelve-year-old Keith, is believable and sympathetic as the son of a lighthouse keeper. The writing is clean and easy to follow, and the lesson from Scripture is woven in organically and does not feel forced. I'm giving this 4.5 stars rounded up to five only because I wish the ending had more "weight," to resonate with the rest of the story.
Angie Thompson
This was a nice short story with a good message. I especially liked the way Keith was able to take the truth that he had learned and use it to teach and encourage his siblings.

I received a free copy of this book from the author. A positive review was not required. All opinions are my own.
Bethany
I really enjoyed this sweet story of a little boy alone with his younger brother and sister in a lighthouse during a storm. Definitely a story I would recommend for younger children. And it was such a pleasure to read a book that only uses Bible verses from the King James version!
Esther
I had more trouble getting into this story than Amanda's other books. However, it probably had more to do with the way I was feeling when I read it than anything else.

Overall it was a sweet story of faith through the storms of life. I found the ending especially powerful. :)
Abi
Mar 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
This book was really cute! My only complaint was that it could easily have been a little longer.
Kim Hampton
Aug 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A fantastic book about a young boy's faith in God's protection during a storm. Perfect to teach your kids!
Cate
Wow. I enjoyed this book. This story featured the story of when Jesus calmed the storm in Luke 8. I also like this story a lot because: the little girl's name was Kylie. I love that name!
Darla Damron
Oct 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Short and powerful message of the Gospel.
Amanda Tero
Sep 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Recommended for ages 8-10 though enjoyable for the whole family.
Sheri McClaury
Sep 21, 2015
Maddy
May 30, 2017
Emily
Jul 05, 2016
Christian Books -...: FREE until October 23 1 10 Oct 19, 2015 05:27PM
Amanda Tero is a homeschool graduate who desires to provide God-honoring, family-friendly reading material. She has enjoyed writing since before ten years old, but it has only been since 2013 that she began seriously pursuing writing again – starting with some short stories that she wrote for her sisters as a gift. Her mom encouraged her to try selling the stories she published, and since then, sh ...more