Start by marking “Love Unexpected (Navy Love, #2)” as Want to Read:
Love Unexpected (Navy Love, #2)

Love Unexpected

(Navy Love #2)

Sometimes the unexpected things in life turn out to be the most worthwhile.

Tegan Daniels is a twenty-one year old college student and a hopeless romantic. She knows her prince charming will eventually find her one day. Someone must be playing a warped joke on her when he comes into her life; Her perfect man with one huge character flaw---he despises love.

Charles Reed has
ebook
Published March 30th 2016

To ask other readers questions about Love Unexpected, please sign up.
J.C. I'm hoping for late March/early April. Starting the editing process for it now.

Carol-Ann
Aug 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Another great read in this series the story flowed really well beautifully written. I loved the character's of Tegan Daniels who is twenty-one year old college student who has got her whole life ahead of her. she hopes to find a man of her dreams and that man could just be Charlie Reed who doesn't commit to long term relationships his one focus is the U.S. Navy, But there is always that special girl who could just change his mind and heart! A perfect couple who deserve to be together in a commit ...more
Alex Grayson
Feb 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I was given the absolute pleasure of reading an ARC of this phenomenal book.

Can I just say WOW!! I absolutely adored Unexpected Love. From the moment that I knew Reed and Tegan would get a story, I’ve been looking forward to it. And JC Santo did not disappoint!

I love how determined Reed became once he realized that he wanted Tegan. That man stopped at nothing to get what he wanted. He was relentless in is pursuit and once he learned the error of his ways, he loved Tegan fiercely and with his who
Cranky - The Book Curmudgeon
3 Cranky Stars

Teagan is Tessa's little sister. She moved to Norfolk to go to college and be closer to Tessa. Teagan is in love with Love. She can almost romanticize any situation until she meets Reed.

Reed is a player and not wanting any kind of attachment. He's content with his one night stands until Teagan. She flipped his world upside down causing him to question everything about his life.

This author has a talent of sucking you into the story. The characters are amazing and the romance is out
Nikki Reeves
Mar 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing

I was so excited to read this book! Book 1 was really good, but this one might be my new favorite. You get a little bit of everything lust, lies, secrets, flings, heartbreak, and of course love. Reed and Tegan stole my heart.

We meet Tegan and Reed in book 1 we don’t get much from them, but enough to know something is going on. Tegan wants a happily ever after like her sister Tessa, but what she doesn’t realize is Reed isn’t the guy who can give her an HEA. It was supposed to be just a simple h
GirlfriendsandOurBookBoyfriends
I'm sitting here trying to find the right words to describe how much I enjoyed reading this book but regardless of what words I use, I just don't think they will do this book justice.

I really loved this story. The characters are easy to relate to and have great personalities. We first met Tegan and Reed in Book 1 of the Navy Love series. Tegan, Tessa's little sister is young and super sweet. She puts everyone's feeling ahead of her own because she doesn't want to cause any ripples in her new ci
Tina Todd shobe
Mar 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is book 2 in the Navy Love Series.

Tegan Daniels joined the group of close friends in the first book. She is Tessa Daniels sister and comes to live with her in the first book. She is a hopeless romantic.

Charles Reed is a friend/fellow Navy officer of Tessa's. He initially comes across as a 'love them, leave them' type. He has no interest in a real relationship.

Reed and Tegan hook up and from them you can see the fight Reed is fighting to not open himself up. He just can't stay away from Tega
Erin Paige Bixby
Mar 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
This story was very emotional. The storyline was incredible and flowed effortlessly. I love the way the author intertwines all of her characters so closely. The relationships they all have with each other are wonderful. I love to read stories where previous characters still have so much presence. Teagan is an amazing woman. She is very close with her sister and she just fits in with the group like she was always supposed to be there. Reed is a very closed off man. Sure, he has his close friendsh ...more
Lynzi Nguyen
Jan 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
It honestly takes a lot of ME to be speechless. As I sit here, just having finished this book, and try to figure out what and how to say how much I have loved this book, I find myself just that. SPEECHLESS!
I didn't think I could love this book more than I did Tessa and Hunters, but I do. I still love them and their story, but man this one...ugh, I don't even know. I am beyond frustrated because I can't figure out the words to use to make this review reflect how awesome this book is. So I will j
Joey Corr
May 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This was a nice read. I enjoyed finding out about Reeds past and loved Tegan and Reed together. A really nice read. A great series. Can't wait to read the next one.
Jennifer Pierson
Sep 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Tegan Daniels is the younger 21 year old sister of Tessa, and she's come to live with Tessa while going to college. Unlike her older sister, Tegan is a hopeless romantic, and believes that her Prince Charming will show up one day. However, her perfect man has one huge flaw, he despises love. Charles Reed is your typical man whore, as he came from a bad childhood that he hasn't dealt with, which makes him extremely jaded of anything hinting at love. He doesn't count on meeting Tegan, and no matte ...more
Sheryl Brumfield
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

The Navy Love series by J C Santo is one I'll never forget, and I'm sure they'll be read many times. Reed and Tegan have to travel a rocky road to find their love, but true love wins.
Andrea
Apr 02, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great book

I loved Reed and Teagan! Their story was fantastic and I love this group of friends more with each story!
Meghan
Jul 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
I recommend this read, series and author!! While this story does involve Navy members, this is a read for anyone who enjoys a good romance, great dialogue and fun and strong relationships between friends, couples and family. I did not read this series in order, so by the time I read this book I already had fallen in love with the personalities of Tegan and Reed. They both are so relatable and had me rooting for them through all their ups and downs.

Tegan is tied, somewhat second though, for my f
Lori Amey
Jun 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Reed and Tegan, love them together!!

This was the second book in the series. Reed and Tegan's story was very challenging, but I was routing for them the whole time. Also, it was great catching up with the other couples. I can't wait to read more about them in future books. This is a must read, get your copy today.
Judy Miracle
Aug 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I'm loving the Navy Love Series. Book 2 is no different. I love how JC intertwines all the characters together.

In Unexpected Love, we get Tegan and Reed's story. Tegan is the fairy tale kind of girl. She wants the big romance, wedding, kids, white picket fence. While Reed is almost allergic to relationships and feelings, but that is all because of the rough childhood he endured.

This book will suck you in because before I knew it I was at the end of their story and wished it would go on. Next u
Tina Lynne
Aug 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
JC Santo is an author you may not know, but one you most certainly need to. This woman can write a book that will hit you in all the right places. These stories and characters are relevant, emotional, passionate, and heartfelt. Love Unexpected is everything I wanted it to be. This is the second in JC’s Navy Love series and it takes the reader on an emotional story of love, hurt, and happiness.

One thing I am loving so far in this series is that fact that every single person we meet is so intercon
Jeanette
Feb 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I’ve been given the honor of reading this book ahead of the release, and THANK GOODNESS for that because after book one, I just couldn’t wait for more from this author! As a note, you should start by reading book one, Inevitable Love, to fully understand the backstory.

Love Unexpected is a spin-off of book one, Inevitable Love where we first met Charlie Reed and Tegan Daniels. “Hopeless Romantic” Tegan met “Mr. Wrong” Reed almost immediately upon coming in to town. He knows he is supposed to keep
Sara Koelsch
Jan 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I’d give this a 4.5 rating but Goodreads doesn’t allow that. But I rounded up to 5 Stars.

Over all, this book was way more than I hoped for. It had all the feels I enjoyed having during reading a romance book. I am sitting rather impatiently waiting on the next in the series!! This book is highly recommended for anyone that loves a good love story where the man has to work to prove himself and the woman is worthy of that love.
5 solid gold stars!

Love Unexpected might be my favorite of the three bo
Heather Anne
Jun 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
JC Santo has done it again with Love Unexpected. She throws the reader back into this "family" of friends with heart, humor and holy hotness!
Charlie Reed is the poster child for book boyfriends. He starts out broody and stubborn and ends up being so deep and full of emotion that you just want to cuddle him. Throw in the way he is during the sexy times and you just want to jump him.
Teagan is a breath of fresh hair. She knows what she wants and in the beginning she pleases everyone but herself in
Marie Carlisle
Jan 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I was given the fantastic opportunity to read this book before the release date. I absolutely fell in love with Reed and Teagan. Teagan the hopeless romantic and Reed the player with a secret past come together and give you a story that, you will thoroughly enjoy.

There is always that one person that you just can't live without. You can deny it all you want but the heart knows what it wants. Teagan loved Reed from the moment she meant him. Reed was of course fighting his feelings until Teagan g
Amy English
Mar 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars!!

I was so looking forward to this book, I love alpha asshole guys and hidden romances. Reed and Tegan's story did not disappoint! Their up and down relationship kept you guessing through out the book.

Tegan was sweet as pie always trying to make everyone happy. Not because she was letting people walk all over her but because she was strong enough to handle her problems and those of her friends and family. She always looked on the bright side of things and offered words of wisdom to hel
Stephanie  Mae
Mar 30, 2016 rated it really liked it
So at the ending of Inevitable Love we have the set up for Tegan and Reed's unexpected love story. So we met Tegan in Inevitable Love, as being Tessa's sister, I really liked Tegan, she was fun, loyal, protective and compassionate. Charlie oh Charlie, I liked you but their were times where I really wanted to smack you in the head.

Oh my goodness me, my emotions were all over the place with this book. One minute I was laughing, sad, heartbroken, so frustrated and wanted to throw my Kindle at the
Lawonda
Feb 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Love Unexpected deserves five+++++ stars! I absolutely loved it! After finally getting the chance to sit down and read,i fell in love with the characters and couldn't get enough! I couldn't wait to read Love Unexpected!

Tegan and Reed are the total opposites. Tegan wanted the whole family life while Reed wanted none of it, he just wanted someone in his bed at night and gone by morning. Reed was warned to stay away from Tegan from her sister Tessa and their friends. The two of them hook up when sh
Marilyn Colon Davis
Jul 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
When I started reading Love Unexpected; I didn't like Reed that much. Yes I admit it. However; the story of Reed had me in tears and I found myself falling in love with him after every read chapter. His story was raw, mind blowing to the people who can connect with his past, and admirable for overcoming his demons. I was once told by my grandmother a woman makes a man; and a man makes a women. This book truly defines the words my grandma taught me. Tegan made Reed want more, be more! I also trul ...more
Bookish Addict
Jan 31, 2018 rated it liked it
I thought Tegan and Reeds story is ok. Tegan is a romantic and after hooking up with Reed she started falling for him. Reed sensed it and although he's falling for her too. He pushes her away wanting to maintain that he doesn't to relationships due to his past, which is hardly any excuse for baggage because it wasn't even that bad. I didn't really couldn't relate with these 2 characters. Tegan cries a lot and doesn't stand up for herself letting Tess or Reed dictate her life. Reed is just an ass ...more
Maria Vickers
Jan 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
4.5 stars!

What happens when a hopeless romantic falls for a man who doesn't really believe in love? You get a story like Love Unexpected. I won't lie, the push and pull of this story caused me a small level of anxiety, but in a good way. When a story can affect you, it's a good one. Book Two of the Navy love Series is about Tegan and Reed, and you will love them. The whole gang is back for this story and everyone wants to know, will Reed figure it out and accept Tegan, or lose her? I loved this
Candyce Barton
Oct 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Can I just say that I FLOVE JC and all of her lovely writing skills. I love how real her characters are. I love that they are so relatable. I love that the circumstances are real, sometimes messy, and yet the characters end up working together to get it figured out. I love that the girls are silly and daft. I love that the guys aren't perfect and that in the end they still don't end up being perfect and worshiped.
Reed thought he had life figured out, but when he realized he wanted Tegan he real
MaRanda
Dec 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Tegan Daniels and Charlie Reed... **sigh**

We get to see a little bit of their story in book one. I know I was rooting for them from the very first time they met. I'm not sure why, but my heart holds a soft spot for Reed. Maybe I could sense his "broken" past...

The way this story is written is once again, very well done. This is my second book that I've read from JC Santo, and just like the first story, I was pulled in and couldn't get enough.

Tegan and Charlie had their work cut out for them...
Sashiel "Shy" Gawerecki
My Thoughts on Love Unexpected

Really good story. Reed took me from wanting to punch him, to loving on him so hard. (Which I really like in a book hero). Tegan was highly emotional but family oriented and loyal to those she loved, even if they didn't always deserve it. She was sweet and innocent, but with just enough life experience and sassy to avoid being a clinched young heroine.

This story was well paced, with enough twists and turns to keep me interested and have me quickly moving through t
Keeana Bookalicious Babes Blog
JC, dose it yet again she made me fall head over heels for her characters I loved this book I could not put it down!!

Tegan, was beautiful, sweet caring and had A big heart I loved her character and development it was very well written and her chemistry with Charles, was undeniable!!

Oh Charles, you sexy, alpha I loved how he was with Tegan, they were complete opposites which I loved thier was so much depth to this story It was very beautifully written!!

Great Job JC, I cannot wait for more of your
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

JC Santo is a true southern girl born and raised a in Central Texas. Until her husband's Navy career sent them to Norfolk, Virginia. That's where she has been for the past 5 years being a wife and stay at home mom to 3 boys. In the rare occurrences she gets free time it's usually spent reading a good book. Three things she will never turn away are tattoos, cupcakes and arbor mist!

Navy Love (4 books)
  • Inevitable Love (Navy Love #1)
  • Resilient Love (Navy Love, #3)
  • Love Revealed (Navy Love Series #4)