Start by marking “The Hidden Oracle (The Trials of Apollo, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Hidden Oracle (The Trials of Apollo, #1)

The Hidden Oracle

(The Trials of Apollo #1)

4.28  ·  Rating details ·  79,400 ratings  ·  8,982 reviews
How do you punish an immortal?

By making him human.

After angering his father Zeus, the god Apollo is cast down from Olympus. Weak and disorientated, he lands in New York City as a regular teenage boy. Now, without his godly powers, the four-thousand-year-old deity must learn to survive in the modern world until he can somehow find a way to regain Zeus's favour.

But Apollo ha
Published May 3rd 2016 by Disney-Hyperion

To ask other readers questions about The Hidden Oracle, please sign up.

·  79,400 ratings  ·  8,982 reviews

Emily May
May 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2016, young-adult, fantasy
Zeus needed someone to blame, so of course he’d picked the handsomest, most talented, most popular god in the pantheon: me.

This might be my favourite Riordan book.

I was actually disappointed with his last one - The Sword of Summer - and I began to question in my review if it was finally time for Mr. R. to take a step back from these books about Greek, Roman and Egyptian gods. The conflicts were similar and the teen "voices" had begun to blend into one. Magnus Chase could just as easily have b
Sasha Alsberg
Jan 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Suffice to say, Apollo, you are awesome. This book made me literally "LOL" multiple times and brought a smile to my face seeing old characters I love again. YAY!

Ill be uploading my review to my youtube channel this week!
Regan
May 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-owned-read
4.5

I LOVED THIS! A review will be up on my channel on Friday!
Claudia Ramírez
NOOOOOO OMG!!! That final chapter killed me and brought me to life at the same time!!! Apollo's team in this trials will be THE DREAM TEAM! I'm so excited to read the adventures of these three!!!

Also, everytime Percy appeared I couldn't stop SMILING. OH! And Apollo was FANTASTIC! He made me laugh out loud every two paragraphs! Humor on point! I really loved this book.

...

UPDATE 05/10/2015: WE HAVE THE SYNOPSIS AND THIS IS EVEN BETTER THAN I EXPECTED! I've always loved the way uncle Rick writes A
Natalie Monroe
"Is anything sadder than the sound of a god hitting a pile of garbage bags?"

Or to paraphrase, is there anything sadder than your favorite author becoming a sellout?

It's blatantly obvious Riordan isn't even trying anymore. He knows he can put out a steaming heap of crap and Percy fangirls and Solangelo diehards would still be clawing over each other for a copy, sending This Hidden Disappointment to the top of the NYT bestseller's list.

I don't understand Solangelo—Will and Nico. They never had c
Lola
Jun 18, 2016 rated it really liked it

Yesterday, he was the mighty and melodious Apollo, son of Zeus. Today, he is Lester Papadopoulos, a mere, ungifted mortal.

There’s only one thing for him to do now: join the demigods at Camp Half-Blood.

What makes The Hidden Oracle incredibly interesting is Apollo himself. Yes, he is one narcissistic personage with high standards and a peculiar appreciation for poetry.

And, yes, he is tremendously flawed, there is no denying that. But funnily enough, that’s what makes him so likeable.

Plus
Brigid ✩
Oct 08, 2015 rated it really liked it
“Things can turn out differently, Apollo. That's the nice thing about being human. We only have one life, but we can choose what kind of story it's going to be.”

Dammit, Rick Riordan. This book was actually really good. WHAT THE HELL.

When I first heard about Trials of Apollo, I had very mixed feelings. On one hand I felt like, “Jeez Rick, please don’t turn into a huge sell-out.” On the other hand, I was like, “I GET TO BE REUNITED WITH ALL THE PJO/HOO CHARACTERS YET AGAIN!! YESSSS.”

Honestly, t
Darth J
Oct 07, 2015 rated it did not like it
1. 5 stars

A Tired Spin on the Same Old Formula
I’ll be perfectly blunt: you don’t look to Riordan for originality. We all know this to be true. Hell, the very first Percy Jackson books rode the Harry Potter-ripoff wave to C-List stardom and even then he just rewrote ancient myths in a modern format. Now he’s going back to his roots and just ripping off his previous stories under that hypnotic guise of nostalgia. We return to Camp Half-Blood Prince and meet some familiar characters like *Percy a
Hailey (Hailey in Bookland)
Aug 09, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: owned, fantasy
This was tons of fun! The perspective of a god is great to read from, especially since Apollo made for a hilarious narrator. While I didn't enjoy it quite as much as his other books, it was still great!
Aimee ♥ | Aimee, Always
10/08/2015
I have two reactions right now:
1. Apollo =
2. "And yes, this means we’ll get to know what’s going on with fan-favorite characters Leo and Nico. And, of course, Percabeth." That's it, I died. PERCABETH, GUYS!

09/17/15
HOLY. FREAKING. SHIT. Brb peeing my pants in excitement. Although I hope it's more like the original Percy Jackson and the Olympians series rather than Heroes of Olympus.
Nick
Oct 17, 2018 marked it as to-read
I need to start reading Percy Jackson so I can continue with Heroes of Olympus and The Trials of Apollo.
P
Oct 07, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: young-adult
The others seemed confused. Then the glow became brighter: a holographic golden sickle with a few sheaves of wheat, rotating just above Meg McCaffrey.

A boy in the crowd gasped. “She’s a communist!”

The Hidden Oracle continues right after The Blood of Olympus. Apollo aka Lester Papadopoulos is banished from Olympus. He used to be a god, when he's mortal, he doesn't have his power and that makes him very upset. In this book, you will meet the same old characters such as Percy, Nico, Chiron and Wi
Ahmed  Ejaz
Nov 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017, full-lengths
I remember when I started this book last year without reading the previous ten books, one of my best friends here told me I have to read previous books. I was sad because I had read, I think, 5 chapters or so and I was quite enjoying it. And reading ten whole books seemed a huge mess to me. Now I understood that my friend was right.
**Thank you, if you are reading this review. :)**

>>The book started off in an excellent manner. Very much interesting. It was so hilarious how Apollo was, lit
Simona Bartolotta
Nov 06, 2015 marked it as wishlist
This was the conversation my sister and I had about this book.

ME: You know, I hate too long series. After, don't know, ten books, don't you think one must accept it is time to stop? The well is dry, let's face it. Personally, I always avoid this kind of writers-

SISTER: You're a Cassie Clare's fan.

ME (not listening): ...because I hate that they have to stretch their stories this way. It's not fair, too often they come up with idiocies that are just shadows of their first works-

SIS: You liked TID
C.G. Drews
I've officially read 13 Camp Half Blood books and I DON'T THINK I'LL EVER HAVE ENOUGH OF THEM. This was brilliant. I laughed my head off at the perfectness of the humour and sass and basically Apollo's narcissism was glorious. TRULY GLORIOUS. And I particularly loved that this one didn't follow the general plot-themes of the other Riordan books. Like, okay, I totally can get onboard with a prophecy, a team, and a wild adventure. But it's refreshing to NOT have that for once??? SO YAY.

WHAT TO EXP
kat
Jan 18, 2019 rated it it was ok
this may have have been somewhat of an "it's not you it's me" situation, but this book was surprisingly disappointing coming from an author as popular as Rick Riordan.

what i'm trying to say is, take this review with a grain of salt. i am 19 years old and obviously not the target for middle grade stories, however i feel like if a middle grade book is *that good* i'll be able to see it too despite my elderly status, and unfortunately this one just wasn't.

why? firstly, the characters. apollo's nar
Maureen
Jul 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
BOOKTUBEATHON 2016 BOOK #4

I really enjoyed this, though not as much as other books in this universe. IT HAS A LOT TO LIVE UP TO! Apollo's narration was hilarious and amazing and EVERYTHING and there was a really important narrative about relationships, specifically abusive ones, that I am really glad to see and interested to see play out. Honestly, Riordan's books will always be some of my favorites because of how great the world and characters are and how he manages to put important conversatio
C
Sep 08, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: books-i-own
I will read anything that this man writes
Paige  Bookdragon
description

After the not-so-successful Magnus Chase book, I know that some people are reluctant to go back to RR's world, but I'm here to tell ya.The Hidden Oracle is so much better than The Sword of Summer.

Basically,this is the summary of The Hidden Oracle

description

This book is different to the usual RR book and its formulatic story. Uncle Rick II is kinda famous for writing a book/series with demigods as main characters and though I love Percy and the gang, the characters and the plot are getting predictable. I'm
Tina ➹ the girl who lives in Fandoms (Book.Enchantress)
more than 4.75 Golden Stars

READERS ATTENTION!:
before reading this series, you should have read the sequels:
first, Percy Jackson
then Heroes of Olympus
Also Trials of Apollo is happening concurrently with Magnus Chase
(or in this order: Camp Half-Blood Chronicles)

I literally warned everywhere I could, so I should put it in my review too. :D

now

I loved this book.
so much fun!
Solangelo! (my other OTP) I want more! I NEE
Neil (or bleed)
"Nothing is more tragic than loving someone to the depths of your soul and knowing they cannot and will not ever love you back."

Time and time again, it has been proven that whenever I'm reading a Rick Riordan book, I read so fast that the words blurred. I mean, I can't stop flipping the goddamn pages like there's no tomorrow. Maybe, it's the humor or probably, something else.

Anyway...

The Hidden Oracle is... wait for it... an entertaining read. I don't say, right? Hahaha! If you loved PJO and H
Silanur
Sep 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017-bucket-list
edit #4 of March 8, 2017: FINALLY read this, rtc! Brought back so many memories and nostalgia :')

edit #3 of December 9, 2015: THE COVER DROPPED. I don't love it so much but you know what? I DONT FREAKING CARE BECAUSE IM THAT EXCITED FOR THIS BOOK. (tho i have to read magnus chase first... *hides away* SCHOOL IS GETTING IN THE WAY OKAY??!!!)

edit #2 of October 8, 2015: I know I'm a bit late to this, BUT GUYS THE SYNOPSIS AND TITLE WAS REVEALED AND IT SOUNDS EVEN BETTER THAN I THOUGHT IT WOULD SOUN
Marta Álvarez
Jan 27, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Entre las mil y una sagas de Riordan, creo que Las pruebas de Apolo recupera la originalidad con un narrador distinto. Es decir, Riordan siempre escribe con humor e ironía, pero Apolo destaca entre la sucesión de protagonistas semidioses ingeniosos y carismáticos. El dios más vanidoso convertido en mortal a las órdenes de una sin techo de trece años e ssin duda un personaje que da tanto juego como promete.

Es un poco introductoria (la trama "grande" de la saga" no empieza a aparecer hasta la mit
Ahmad Sharabiani
The Hidden Oracle (The Trials of Apollo #1), Rick Riordan
The Hidden Oracle is a fantasy novel based on Greek and Roman mythology written by Rick Riordan. It was published on May 3, 2016, and is the first book in The Trials of Apollo series, the second spin-off of the Percy Jackson & the Olympians series. The book and its cover art by John Rocco were first announced in 2015. It has been published in hardcover, audiobook, ebook, and large-print editions. To date, The Hidden Oracle has been tra
rebecca ɤ
THIS COMES OUT IN MAY WITH SO MANY OTHER RELEASES BUT IM GOING TO BUY IT ANYWAY BECAUSE I'VE SOLD MY SOUL TO THE PERCY JACKSON SERIES.
Helena of Sparta ✰
Don’t you just love it when a new spin-off series in a previously established world lives up to the nostalgia of your childhood? Because I do! I clearly remember coming across a small paperback, titled The Lightning Thief, sold on a small table of books at age 9. I will never forget that moment as it rekindled my love of mythology, which happened to be the tales that I was raised on. Percy Jackson was a fundamental aspect of my childhood, which makes my enjoyment of The Hidden Oracle that much s ...more
Melanie
Sep 12, 2015 marked it as to-read
Edit 08/10/15

We have more details on THE HIDDEN ORACLE! (http://www.hypable.com/rick-riordan-p...) I think I might just die right here. APOLLO. APOLLO!!! Only my favourite god from the PJO world. I am so ready for bad haikus and humour. The fact that this will have all (most? some? of) the old characters definitely makes me feel a little less nervous about this book so yes, PLEASE BE FABULOUS. I AM READY TO ACCEPT YOU INTO MY ARMS.

Edit 12/09/15

W. H. A. T.

WHAT?

I'm not sure how I feel about thi
Rachael ( RachaelRexds )
Jan 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
UPDATE: 19/01/2018
Decided to reread The Hidden Oracle and my rating still stands at 5 stars! Love this book so much and I hope to pick up the sequel soon : )
RICK RIORDAN HAS DONE IT AGAIN. THIS WAS SUCH A FANTASTIC BOOK AHHH!!

I loved being back in camp half blood and I absolutely loved Apollo as the main character!! He's just so hilarious and sassy :D I also loved seeing all the old characters again and it just made me want to cry because there was so much nostalgia :')

Overall, I flew throug
Cait • A Page with a View
2.5 stars and they're all for Percy Jackson.

Aaaagh I wanted to like this one. I really did. But I was pretty much just irritated by the characters or bored with the plot. I think if I hadn't read the Heroes of Olympus books before this I might have a slightly better opinion because I wouldn't know what Rick Riordan's capable of (buuut I'd recommend finishing that series first or you'll be spoiled). But his other books definitely have way more original and engaging plots with complex, refreshing
Juliana Zapata
Jun 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017
MARAVILLOSO!!
Tengo que reconocer que cuando supe de este libro de Rick aunque me emocioné mucho tenía muchas dudas sobre leer mas historias de "lo mismo", todos saben que amo a Percy por encima de todas las cosas, pero ya es hora de dejarlo tranquilo, de ahí partían la mayoría de mis dudas.

Sin embargo este libro no es para nada mas de lo mismo, seguimos dentro del mismo mundo, sí, pero las aventuras, los mitos, los personajes, todo es nuevo y grandioso, las pequeñas apariciones de personajes que
YA Buddy Readers'...: The Hidden Oracle (The Trials of Apollo #1) by Rick Riordan - Restarting April 15th 2019 77 211 Apr 19, 2019 08:55AM
Trials of Apollo 1 5 Feb 23, 2019 11:56AM
The trials or Apollo 1 4 Jan 09, 2019 03:36PM
  • Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Harry Potter, #7)
  • The Son of Neptune: The Graphic Novel (The Heroes of Olympus: The Graphic Novels, #2)
  • The Morrigan's Curse (Eighth Day, #3)
  • The Sandman and the War of Dreams
  • Aru Shah and the End of Time (Pandava Quartet, #1)
  • Ash Mistry and the Savage Fortress (Ash Mistry Chronicles, #1)
  • The Red Pyramid: The Graphic Novel (The Kane Chronicles: The Graphic Novels, #1)
  • The Storm Runner (The Storm Runner, #1)
  • Poseidon: Earth Shaker (Olympians, #5)
  • A Tale of Two Proms (Bard Academy, #4)
  • Apocalypse Moon (The Joshua Files, #5)
  • Grandmaster of Demonic Cultivation
  • Sidekicked (Sidekicked, #1)
  • The Select (Seven Wonders, #0.5)
  • My Date From Hell (The Blooming Goddess Trilogy, #2)
  • Thor's Serpents (The Blackwell Pages #3)
  • The Sleepwalker Tonic (Nightmares!, #2)
  • Antigoddess (Goddess War, #1)

The Trials of Apollo (5 books)
  • The Dark Prophecy (The Trials of Apollo, #2)
  • The Burning Maze (The Trials of Apollo, #3)
  • The Tyrant's Tomb (The Trials of Apollo, #4)
  • Untitled (The Trials of Apollo, #5)
“Nico," I said at last, "shouldn't you be sitting at the Hades table?"

He shrugged. "Technically, yes. But if I sit alone at my table, strange things happen. Cracks open in the floor. Zombies crawl out and start roaming around. It's a mood disorder. I can't control it. That's what I told Chiron. "

"And is it true?" I asked.

Nico smiled thinly. "I have a note from my doctor."

Will raised his hand. "I'm his doctor.”
424 likes
“Will put his hand on Nico's shoulder. "Nico, we need o have another talk about your people skills."
"Hey, I'm just stating the obvious. If this is Apollo, and he dies, we're all in trouble."
Will turned to me. "I apologize for my boyfriend."
Nico rolled his eyes. "Could you not―"
"Would you prefer special guy?" Will asked. "Or significant other?"
"Significant annoyance, in your case," Nico grumbled”
267 likes