Start by marking “Un disperato bisogno di te” as Want to Read:
Un disperato bisogno di te

Un disperato bisogno di te

(Out of Line #2)

La nostra storia è proprio come l’avevo immaginata. Anzi, più intensa. Quando ci siamo incontrati pensavamo che mio padre fosse l’unico ostacolo tra di noi, ma ben presto abbiamo capito che il mondo intero è determinato a separarci. Purtroppo la partenza di Finn è imminente, il tempo a nostra disposizione pochissimo e desidero che ogni momento sia indimenticabile…

Mi ricord
Published September 17th 2015 by Newton Compton Editori (first published November 29th 2013)

Secretly Adorkable Readers
(I need to know about that phone call right now that Finn received!! Is he having to leave to go on tour or did someone die in her family or did they find out their relationship?? I hope he hasnt been in remission and has cancer like his mother. The title would be fitting for the 1.5 Novella then there is a book 2 after that. Questions, I really need a synopsis here Jen!!!) side note before I read Out of Time

Out of Time Review.......So......Jen.......What the Crap!! Not just a "Cliffhanger" agai
Candace Fleming
Nov 12, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Finn and Carrie's story only gets better in this book. I absolutely loved Out of Line and was worried this book would let me down. Jen McLaughlin, you nailed it. By the end of this one, I am beyond invested in Finn and Carrie's relationship. Out of Line ended on a cliffhanger when Finn receives a phone call and you can only assume the news wasn't good on the other end. Out of Line opens with the fallout from the phone call and Carrie and Finn trying to deal with the aftermath.

Finn is hard not t
Brit
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

5+ beautiful heart wrenching stars. This story was written so beautifully it just pours out emotions you thought you never had. I find myself sitting here shocked and devastated and completely torn with heart ache. This book was so realistic, for a moment I thought I was Carrie. It reminded me so much of my past relationship with an american soldier, we will never know when they will be called away for duty. so I know how Carrie felt through the whole entire book. And Finn let's just say he's s
Jenny
"The sun will continue to shine because I have you. And you have me. Nothing will change that, okay?"

photo emma_interested1-1.gif

It's Round 2 for Finn & Carrie and I was beyond pleased with the outcome. Jen McLaughlin did not let us down!!

photo passionate-kiss-2.gif

The attraction between the two characters is still fresh & new since Out of Line. The love they have for one another is so strong and are finally together. The only problem? They still have to keep their relationship a secret.

Carrie is still Carrie - the adventurous, big heart
Danielle from Short and Sassy
5 stars

If you loved Out of Line, then you are going to be blown away by Out of Time. As I am writing this, I am still in awe by this book. I have such a book hanger over right now, it is not even funny. In my opinion, this books was even better than the first. Out of Time is the second book in the Out of Line series. If you haven't read the first book, please, stop what you are doing at this very moment and go and read it right now! Then pick up Out of Time and read it immediately afterwards.

Out
Kara
Mar 17, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
McLaughlin can write a great story.
She has a way of writing a story that I have to read from start to finish in one sitting.

Carrie & Finn. Love these two!

Where is book 3!?!?
Jillian Stein
Nov 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
You can also find my review on my blog:

Out of Time is the second book in Jen McLaughlin’s Out of Line Series. After falling completely in love with Carrie and Finn in the first book, Out of Line, I was beyond eager to get my hands on this book. Well, it was everything I could have dreamed of…and more. I loved, loved, loved this book.

Carrie and Finn have overcome the obstacle of Finn being Carrie’s bodyguard and are enjoying their newfound love. Well, they’
Sarah - Books to Breathe
I received an ARC in exchange for an honest review.

Would I ever be able to convince him I loved him exactly how he was, not as a version of what he could be? That I didn’t want him to change at all?

For me, this book was so much more delicious than the last, and I’m not even a little ashamed to admit that I misted up more than once. There was am honesty about it, a rawness, that really let us get to the heart of the characters. To strip them bare, both literally and figuratively, to see into t
Christine
Dec 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Out of Time by Jen McLaughlin, Diane Alberts

5 Stars

As most of you know it is hard to get a 5 star rating out of me. Hands down this book (and series) deserves it. For you Carrie and Finn fans out there, you are gonna love this book. Don’t worry I WILL not give too many spoilers because like me, your gonna want to savor every second because, yes, this books ends in a cliffhanger too!!!! UGHHHHHHHHH!!!!! I mean that in the best way possible!

This sequel starts out with Carrie and Finn together. God
Ellie
Nov 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Out of Line was such a fantastic book and I was looking forward to reading Out of Time because of the cliffhanger. Nothing could've prepared me for the devastation I'm feeling after finishing Out of Time. This story totally rocked my world. I'm wrecked. I'm devastated. My heart has literally shattered. And she left us with another cliffhanger!!

Finn is such a wonderful young man. I couldn't help but fall in love with him. He's the man I would choose for myself. He absolutely worships Carrie, but
Nazarea
Nov 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2013-reads
I was a huge fan of the first book, Out of Line, and was really hoping that Jen would deliver something as amazing. AND SHE TOTALLY DID! I loved that the relationship wasn't challenged by a third party, but by natural things that arise in relationships--work, parental disapproval. It was beautifully done and seeing Finn so wrapped up in Carrie was AWESOME. Read it.
Lauren Blakely
Nov 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fabulous!! Carrie and Finn fans will be so happy!
Jean
Oct 11, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This series is getting better with each book. Just when Carrie and Finn think they've found their happiness, the real world interferes and tears them apart. I seriously did not expect the story to take this direction and I was heartbroken for Finn!

Moving on to book #2 because damn, that ending!!
Kim
Nov 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 4-5-stars

This book begins right where Out of Line ended. They mystery of the phone call is revealed. Finn and Carrie finally have bared their secrets and are truly together. But now they have to face hiding their relationship from her powerful overprotective father who hired him as her bodyguard. And also deal with the possibility of Finn having to leave for deployment or assignment.

"This was a pattern in my life. The second things started to look up for me, shit always blew up in my face."

They
Allison Rivera
Oct 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
More reviews at: Book Fixation

Note: I received a copy of this book from InKSlinger PR and the author in exchange of a fair and honest review.

I love this book! I loved book 1 so I was definitely excited to read this one! Finn and Carrie are one of my favorite couples out there.

Carrie and Finn's romance is put on hold when Finn receives a message saying that he has to report back to duty. Another problem? Carrie's father. Carrie and Finn have gone through so much heartache that I think is time tha
Emma
Sep 30, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I want my own Finn <3

Please bear in mind that this is book 2 in the series and the review may therefore contain spoilers for the first book.

OMG I think Jen McLaughlin is trying to kill me, the ending has left me in such an anxious state of anticipation I’m counting down the seconds until I get my next Finn fix. I adored the relationship in Out of Line but Out of Time takes it that one step further and takes my heart with it.

Carrie and Finn soon settle into a blissful, mutually supportive rela
Brianna
Nov 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorite
Sitting here in tears at that ending. Omg, Jen why did you do this to me?!?!!

it was beautifully written. I was still so inthralled in Carrie & Finn's love story and i love how it progressed over his novella. But not that its over, i'm happy & relieved but sad because of Dotter
Christina
Nov 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed-2013
*ARC received in exchange for an honest review*

Picking up right were Out of Line left off, Out of Time follows Finn & Carrie’s journey to find their place as a couple in a world where her over-protective father pulls all of the strings. The major twist this time is that the Marines have come calling, and Finn is facing a possible deployment.

Finn is given the deal of a lifetime; in exchange for a couple of months on special assignment, he will be given major career opportunities that could no
Risa Ann
Feb 26, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
So I went straight from book one Out of Lineinto this sequel (novella?) and about half way through I put it down for a few days. came back and powered through. Me personally I LOVE this story and how it is unfolding. It is a little cheesy at times, but I think that's to be expected and to honest a little refreshing. This isn't a dark story riddled with an ugly past. It's more two people from different backgrounds coming together, and falling in love. Desperate needy love.

This story is about priv
Natalee Grimaldi
Oh dear lawwwwd!!! Someone get me a cardiac surgeon because I’m pretty sure my heart gave out on me—in fact, I don’t even know how I’m managing to write this review right now.

Jen McLaughlin has done it again. Only this time…she managed to tear my heart out, shred it to pieces, then she shoved it back in only to do it all over again with that gosh darn ending. Yes, my lovelies, there is a cliffhanger—THE MOTHER OF ALL CLIFFHANGERS!!!!!! *takes a deep breath* Good thing Jen busts out books faster
Mary
Dec 18, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really like Carrie and Finn as characters.
He is sexy, smart, kind, has eyes only for Carrie...she is kind, honest, cares about him so much..
So it all continued in this book. We could see how much they love each other, they were ready to do anything for the other...but the whole book was nothing special really. It was slow. It picked up where the previous ended and the next week of their lives was dragged through the first 3/4 of the book. They were both afraid of the call Finn received becau
Rumpled Sheets Blog
*sigh*

Im captivated, enraptured and in love with this story.

Like the first book, this continuation of Carrie and Finns story also wrapped itself around my heart.

This story will blew you away. It is more than that good.

There was no way to stop the reading once I started. I was flipping the pages until the early morning hours. It was totally worth the book hangover I had that day.

And the end… Dear God… It ended with a HUGE cliffhanger.

My Dear cliffhanger, I really hate you.

Ill be so anxious until
Anne OK
Sep 16, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014-reads
Another equally captivating installment to the "Out of Line" series. And yes, another cliffhanger that won't be resolved until April 2014. But it's worth it -- well-done and developed military romance with great characterization and fast-paced drama. Carrie and Finn are an excellent match up. Jen McLaughlin gets in plenty of wit and humor along with the angst. Can't wait the continuation of their story.

Lynsi
Sep 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This series is amazing! Honestly, I hope there is a 3rd book. I can't get enough of Finn & Carrie!
Brandy
Sep 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
OMG!! I love Finn so much, he broke my heart thinking he wasn't good enough he is the best, I can't wait for book 3...the ending of book 2 just about killed me1
Kat
Dec 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It was amazing just like Out of Line and also picked up right where it left off. I enjoyed it and recommend this series to everyone!
Jana (My Messy Chapters)
UPDATE - Reading the new longer version :)

........

Sept 5th (Beta-read)

Review coming soon nearer release date. :DDDDDD

Nadia
Oct 11, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I loved the first book. This one however sucked! That ending was just cruel.
Sep 13, 2013 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Own kindle edition of the Out of Line box set
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• April Fools (April, #2)
  • His Southern Temptation (The Boys are Back in Town, #2)
  • Girl on Tour (Kylie Ryans, #2)
  • Rebellion (A Dangerous Man #2)
  • Fraternizing (Fraternizing, #1)
  • Unbearable Guilt (Breathe Again, #2)
  • Sweet Nothing
  • Skipping Stones
  • Wilde for Her (Wilde Security, #2)
  • Staying on Top (Whitman University, #4)
  • Loving You (Jade, #3)
  • Finding You (Escaping, #2)
  • Irreversible Damage (Irreparable #2)
  • A Blue Tale
  • Learning to Heal (Learning, #2)
  • Falling (Fading, #3)
  • Get Me (The Keatyn Chronicles, #6)
  • After Forever (The Ever Trilogy, #2)
Jen McLaughlin is the New York Times and USA TODAY bestselling author of sexy books with Penguin Random House. Under her pen name, Diane Alberts, she is also a USA TODAY bestselling author of Contemporary Romance with Entangled Publishing. Her first release as Jen McLaughlin, Out of Line, hit the New York Times, USA TODAY and Wall Street Journal lists. She was mentioned in Forbes alongside E. L. J ...more

Out of Line (7 books)
  • Out of Line (Out of Line, #1)
  • Out of Mind (Out of Line, #3)
  • Fractured Lines (Out of Line, #4)
  • Blurred Lines (Out of Line, #5)
  • On the Line (Out of Line, #6)
  • Undercover (Out of Line #7)