Start by marking “The Last First Game (The Senior Semester Series, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Last First Game (The Senior Semester Series, #1)

The Last First Game

(The College Pact)

When Lila Avers accepts a medical internship through Astor University in California for the fall semester of her senior year, she doesn’t expect much. In fact, she’d rather work on her tan and meet a surfer instead of logging long hours at the hospital and studying. But before she even boards her flight to LA, she meets Astor University wide receiver, Cade Wilkins. A ...more
Paperback, 1st Edition, 310 pages
Published October 29th 2015 by Gina Azzi

To ask other readers questions about The Last First Game, please sign up.
Gina Azzi Hello! Thanks so much for your interest in The Last First Game! It is only available through Kindle for a digital copy (not available in the Middle…moreHello! Thanks so much for your interest in The Last First Game! It is only available through Kindle for a digital copy (not available in the Middle East store) and Amazon.com for paperback. Hope this helps. Happy Reading!(less)

Start your review of The Last First Game (The Senior Semester Series, #1)
RJ
Anne OK
Well-done college sports-related romance by Gina Azzi. I loved both main characters who, up until senior year, have lived almost perfect lives. This final year will challenge both in unthinkable ways.

From the utterly charming meet/greet through the last page, my mind was engaged and fully into the future NFL draft and doctor-to-be's stories -- before meeting and after. There are some possible triggers -- heads up for roofies and attempted rape on college campuses. It's there but not overly
A.BookNerd.Bookseller&Bibliophile.Blog
In all honesty when I first read the synopsis of this book I wasn’t sure if I would like it. But Gina Azzi has become a one click author for me so I had to give it a whirl. And wow, am I glad that I did! The twists and turns of this book were very unexpected. The characters had to deal with some very difficult issues and they were written in a real way. This book is goosebumps galore! And that’s the thing about Gina Azzi’s books that I love. The characters are real people. I connect instantly ...more
Michelle
Jan 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book was about as real as life gets.

Lila is your typical college student. She's going away for a semester to accomplish her last step before med school and is scared to leave her friends behind. They've been with her every step of the way since freshman year of college. I could relate to the terror of college winding down.

All her fears disappear when she meets Cade, golden boy extraordinaire. He's a football star on track for the NFL. But, for now, he's still just a college student.
Chrissy
3 1/2 Stars

The Last First Game I thought was going to be a lighthearted college romance, but it was so much more. The characters in this book dealt with some heavy hitting issues in this book, and I wasn’t prepared for some of the twists and turns the author took us on.

For her senior year of college, Lila is spending her first semester away in California at Astor College and made a pact with her 3 best friends to live the best life while they are all away.
Bibliophile  Chloe
I was so glad to have the opportunity to read this revamped story. I hadn't read the first version so I was coming into this story with fresh eyes and an open mind.

Now I will admit that young adult stories are not usually my go to when picking out a read, but I am glad to say that this story has really changed my thinking.

This is Lila and Cade's story. Yes they are young, seniors in college, but the issues they face and the way that their love grows makes them mature beyond their years.

Yes their
Jennifer D.
Jun 16, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
All the feels!

Such a sweet, emotional story. I was expecting a simple sweet love story but got so much more. I love Lila and Cade! They totally clicked from the start and all the sh*t they went through couldn't tear them apart.
Secretly Adorkable Readers
A college football romance with an emotional twist between two people from differently sides of the states. A pretty quick read with some unexpected situations thrown in where you least expect.
Shirley Frances
Nov 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: series, 2015, new-adult
To an outsider, Lila Avers seems to have her life on the right track. She has the support of an awesome group of friends and will be starting a new medical internship in LA. Still she struggles with family issues and her career choice, so she really doesn't have time for a new relationship. But fate has other plans for her when she meets a handsome stranger in the airport while waiting for her plane to take her to LA.

Cade Wilkins has it all--a great family, a fantastic group of friends and a
Moon Love
Nov 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
Something about the synopsis of this book called to me. I'm so glad I listened to my instincts and read the book. I really enjoyed reading it. There's a great blend of romance, friendship, and emotion that grabbed my attention. At the heart of the book is a sports romance, but there's so much more to it.

I loved that the book was told from both points of view, especially with everything Cade and Lila experience. It was really easy to like Lila and Cade. They were friendly, considerate, and
Patrick Hodges
I've become a big fan of Gina Azzi. Her characters are well-drawn, realistic, and could be people that you actually know (or knew). Her stories are invariably sweet and romantic, stories written about love and all the highs and lows that go with it.

Cade Wilkins is on the fast-track to the NFL as he begins his senior year. Lila is parting ways with her three best friends to head to California for a spell while she works out her own problems - her divorced parents and a career choice her father is
Caroline F
This book was really good and the storyline was totally unexpected!

"Our eyes catch and the heat that flares in his does things to me, things that normally don't happen."

Lila Avers has made a pact with her best friends to embrace her best life and make her senior year at college an epic one. It gets off to a rocking start when she meets the most gorgeous guy at JFK on her way to her internship in California. Turns out that he's en route to the same destination.

"She's straight-up fierce,
Bethany
May 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Lila has everything going for her and she's on the path to be a doctor. At least that's what people think. The truth is Lila isn't sure what she wants to do. Her dad is the one pushing her towards med school. Her home life hasn't been easy either since the divorce, which is why she's more than happy to escape to Astor University in California. However, she didn't expect to meet Cade.

Cade is the star football player at Astor University. He's also very popular, but when Lila catches his eye at the
Jennifer Pierson
Jun 04, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm not getting into any sort of description of this story because it was nothing like I thought it would be, so in order for me not to give any clues whatsoever, I'm going to make this review short & sweet, and probably very cryptic. The talented Gina Azzi is definitely an author who knows how to zag when I think she's going to zig, so it's safe to say that The Last First Game has a ton of twists in it that had the f-bombs dropping along with giant twists that had colorful metaphor warnings ...more
A.
May 29, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
*** 4.5***

ARC COPY

This was my first book by Gina Azzi. How I got an ARC in my email I am not sure, might have signed up during a giveaway (i do that a lot). Either way this most definitely wont be my last book. I thoroughly enjoyed it. While I wish I could give it 5 stars there were just a few questions left that weren't addressed or maybe I missed. Maybe they will be answered in the next books or maybe that is how the author meant for it to be. For us to use our own imaginations. I am not sure
Kari Hansen
Jun 03, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lila is a college senior who is heading to California for her final semester. Although she will miss the friends who have been by her side through thick and thin she will honor the promise she made to them to have fun and have the best semester of her life. She certainly got off to a good start when she meets Cade at the airport.

Cade’s life appears to be golden as he is a star player on the football team and is destined for the NFL. From the moment that he meets Lila he knows that she is special
Kathy Rouchelle
There are some books that when you read them you want to say so much in the review that you could simply spill the whole story out very quickly. Cole and Lila's story is one of these and as I sat here trying to decide just what to say, how to describe this book I decided that the less I said the better it would be for the reader. If you get this book, and man I hope you do, you will fall into their world, and maybe, just maybe recognize some things from your college days, if you went to college. ...more
Sharon Jones
May 31, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Reviewed on behalf of 3 Degrees of Fiction book blog
I love the premise of this series. Four best girlfriends making a pact to live their senior year to its greatest potential.
This is book one and features Lila and Cade. I thought the way they met was unique - well to me anyway. Their relationship went from zero to one hundred in a matter of a couple of weeks. Not long after they decide to be together, tragedy strikes Cade.
Well this was basically when I started to ugly cry. And I pretty much kept
Melissa

This is Book #1 in The Senior Semester Series and my first book by this author. I don't normally read books where the characters are in college, but there was something that drew me to wanting to read this book and the other 3 in this series. I was curious to see what happened between these 4 friends.

I love how Lila and Cade met at the airport. It was Cade, who had to change something in order to get to know Lila (read the book to find out what he did). The relationship between Lila and Cade
Heartofabooklover
Jun 04, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is such a sweet love story that just swept me away. It does deal with some heavy issues that could be potential Triggers.

This is a college sports romance. Lila is headed to California for a semester in her senior year. She has made a pact with her three best friends to live their best lives during this last year. In the airport to head to California she meets Cade, with the storm cloud eyes & ripped body. Cade also in his senior year was headed back to school to finish his senior year,
Nicole Ortiz
Jun 08, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A sweet, emotional story. Lila makes a pact with her friends before they all go their separate ways to live their senior year to the fullest date hot guys and go to wild parties. On her way to California where she is studying for a semester she runs into Cade star football player, attraction is instant. A beautiful story of college life, friends, football and trying to figure out what you want to do in life. It also deals with two emotional issues cancer and sexual assault. This was the first ...more
Leigh Ann Atwood
Affirming

I found this very bright read of two young people turning the corner on their lives. One is torn by her parents divorce and her fathers pressure to pursue a career that really doesn’t appeal. Interestingly, a violent attempted rape serves as the catalyst for her to seize her life’s story. Her boyfriend isn’t so lucky. Is chosen career is snatched from him. Add some true friends and villains into the mix for some sideline drama. Good pace. Good read.
Lauren
Jun 03, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was nothing like I was expecting it starts off so easy going and flowing and then it all changes. Cade and Lila meet by chance in a airport ... Lila feels she doesn't have time for a relationship shes got so much going on but thats gonna all change. Cade has it all but in the blink of an eye that all changes. There journey is a emotional ride I wasn't expecting but I loved that Lila was so strong and loyal through it all. I will definitely read book 2.
Jun 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Whoa....this book is so full of feels! I enjoyed seeing Cade & Lila meet each other and just give in to their attraction. I laughed when they both were so sure that nothing serious could happen. And I sobbed for both of them when life got real and insanely tough.
I loved this book. Although I will say that I read reviews with spoilers, and I’m glad I did. Personally knowing what to expect helped, but I think either way it would be enjoyable!
Stefanie
Jan 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Angst filled

I'm pleasantly surprised at she swept of topics covered in this read. I read the blurb and it sounded good, I'm so glad I found this author. I really enjoyed reading Case and Lila's story. It had everything your want in your YA read and so much more... So many complex relationships and they are all mixed in with the two main characters. I can't wait to read their stories. I really liked the ending and epilogue...
Andrea Thompson
Cade and Lila are in their last semester of college. She's traveling to LA for an internship and just her luck - Cade happens to be on her flight. This duo is so well matched. They are that case of 'not looking for love but it found me anyway'. There's some BIG issues in play here, some real heaviness well balanced by the sparkle of their mutual affections. It's well done to be certain, and a great love story!
Recommend this series and can't wait for the next one!
Messy Bun Book Blog
Loralie
Jun 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I wish I had the guts to pull off Lila's pact: to have all the fun, kiss all the boys and to enjoy the last year or school. I don't and I'm not in my 20's anymore, but I was along for the ride. I find it amusing that neither Lila nor Cade wanted a serious relationship, but things are never easy, are they? They were living the life, college, football, friends, and parties. Then life got messy as far the pact was involved. It sure took me on a wild ride. It was crazy, but beautiful.
Sonja Ton
May 29, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book went from happy go lucky, carefree Youth to serious in quite a short amount of time. Both MC’s experience hardship and have to overcome it on their own. I guess it’s quite like real life. Sometimes you just don’t get the life you expect and deserve. I felt horrible for the both of them. They have a great group of friends and much support. Not wanting to spoil anything, just be ready to go on an emotional roller coaster.
Moira
Nov 15, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the first book in a New Adult series called the College Pact. It’s told from alternating POVs. I liked the concept of the story, but felt it was very rushed so it lost some of the emotional impact the writer was going forward. It was a quick read, but I’m not sure I would check out the rest of the series.

• Interference (St. Michaels Duet, #1)
  • Frat House Confessions: Ridge
  • Stealing Home (St. Michaels Duet, #2)
  • Breaking Defenses
  • Saving Barrette
  • The Fadeaway (Smart Jocks, #2)
  • The Fake (Smart Jocks #4)
  • Hate the Game (Love Games #1)
  • Full Contact
  • The Assist (Smart Jocks, #1)
  • Enemies
  • Untouchable (Haven Falls #1)
  • Defying Gravity
  • Collide (Madison Falls High, #1)
  • Focused
  • Just Playin'
  • The Second We Met (Fulton U, #2)
  • Over the Falls (Ryder Bay #1)
Hi! I'm Gina and I write realistic, relatable, sweet New Adult and Contemporary Romance books. A NJ native, I have lived and worked abroad before settling in Canada with my husband and Littles. Although I can't iron (at all), I am a passionate reader, frequent globetrotter, and aspiring baker (recipes appreciated!). I love hearing from fellow readers so please connect!

VISIT MY AMAZON AUTHOR PAGE!

The College Pact (4 books)
  • Kiss Me Goodnight in Rome (The College Pact Series)
  • All the While (The College Pact Series)
  • Me + You (The College Pact Series)