Start by marking “Orange: The Complete Collection, Volume 2” as Want to Read:
Orange: The Complete Collection, Volume 2

Orange: The Complete Collection, Volume 2

(Orange: The Complete Collection #2)

4.40  ·  Rating details ·  6,650 ratings  ·  1,067 reviews
An Epic Love Story Across Time

Naho immediately feels a connection to the new boy who has transferred to her class. Kakeru is calm, kind, and seems to like Naho as well. But their relationship gets thrown for a loop when Naho receives a letter from the future. The letter explains that Kakeru will die unless Naho does exactly as the letter says. But changing fate is no easy
Published May 31st 2016 by Seven Seas

To ask other readers questions about Orange, please sign up.
Claire By now there has been released another volume after this one. It's called 'Future'. That's the last one though.…moreBy now there has been released another volume after this one. It's called 'Future'. That's the last one though.(less)

·  6,650 ratings  ·  1,067 reviews

Start your review of Orange: The Complete Collection, Volume 2
Jesse (JesseTheReader)
Jun 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
SO MANY FEELINGS WITH THIS SERIES. I did have one problem with this book, but it's kind of spoilery. For the most part though, I freaking loved this story! I can't wait to relive it through the anime adaptation. I'm definitely going to be doing a full video review on this series, so keep your eyes out for that. ...more
Melanie
Vol. 1: ★★★★★

First and foremost, this manga heavily talks about depression and suicide so major trigger and content warnings. This story starts out with our main character, Naho, receiving a letter from herself ten years in the future. She and her group of friends are sixteen and in eleventh grade in high school, but what her twenty-six-year-old self is trying to warn her of is imperative.

Future Naho informs present day Naho that she will lose the boy she likes if she doesn't change some of the
Elena
Oct 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
Dear Naho,
Thank you for finally making a move towards Kakeru and holding his hand. It was about time.

Dear Kakeru,
It was about time you confessed to Naho. I knew it was gonna come along, I was just patiently waiting for that moment.

THIS WAS. SO DAMN. CUTE AND EMOTIONAL.
Kayla Dawn
Sep 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Not quite as good as the first one but still absolutely beautiful.

(I feel a little betrayed because the collection edition had a lot more pages than what the manga orange itself has so I thought I'd still had plenty of pages to go.... until I read "the end" all of the sudden. I'm sad. And angry)
Whitney Atkinson
Aug 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars

TW: Suicide

Don't mind me over here just bawling.

This was the first book I picked up for cramathon and I was worried that I would have forgotten everything from the first collection, but this picks up in a great place and sucked me right back into the world without any loose strings. I love how modern these novels are with the art and the writing style. Takano is really good at building the angst and making you giggle and cry and this made me feel all the feels!!! I was legit wiping tear
Jillian
Jul 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
i thought that was a good conclusion. i think that this is such an important manga in terms of mental illness (depression) and how it's viewed in japanese culture. how there's still a stigma...and i think that what ichigo takano did here was beautiful. i had a slight problem with the ending? i just wanted a bit more? but overall, i really love this manga series. it really moved me. ...more
Book Roast
Aug 08, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: g-shelves, manga
This was a very emotional read, hit close to home. Brings up important topics & successfully shows different perspectives when it comes to depression and those who are surrounded by those suffering.

However, I did have a major problem with how it shifts responsibility for somebody's life on those who are nearby - friends. This is a very dangerous view to showcase like that, yes it's very natural to blame yourself for a loss of a friend, to wish you did something more. However this wasn't address
April (Aprilius Maximus)
Aug 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2016
THE ENDING WAS SO ABRUPT I AM SO CONFUSED??????????
destiny ♡⚔♡ [howling libraries]
That was so good. I loved these characters so much and every single page was just the most emotional, beautiful story. I gather that the author's intent was not only to tell a story, but also to remind readers of how important it is that we keep an eye on our loved ones and make sure that they're doing okay — because sometimes, you have no idea how close to the edge someone in your life might be. I know it certainly reminded me that I need to check on the people who matter to me, too. ♥ Thanks f ...more
Maria (Big City Bookworm)

Initial post reading thoughts:

I'm not crying, you're crying.

First things first, I won’t be writing as in-depth a review for this volume as I did for book number one. Not because I didn’t love it as much, because I definitely did, but because my thoughts are mostly the same. This second volume wasn’t like a separate story arc or anything, it literally just continued right where we left off in book one. Orange is definitely more like one long story.

I will say that I probably wasn’t emotionally p
Dave Schaafsma
Feb 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
I read this because it was a Goodreads Choice Book Final round selection for 2016, and I really really liked it a lot. It turns on a sort of familiar scifi trope/and social media theme: What if you could change your past? Or, what would your 25 year old self say to your 15 year old self? Naho gets letters from her 25 year old self urging her to change the future that would lead to Kakeru's suicide. There's a little romance in here, but the book chiefly deals with this attempt to change the futur ...more
Julia Sapphire
Aug 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
reread

this was so good. not as good as volume one though. I also didn't love the parts were we saw the future sending the letters. It was good for a background but maybe should have been revealed in volume one. The ending I enjoyed. This is such an important and emotional manga. In this bind up there is a random extra story in the book which was odd and made no sense. But for the conclusion of this series I enjoyed it and would highly recommend!
Chloe
Apr 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
trigger warnings: depression, suicide

I had a few problems with this, but I can't help giving this 5 stars because I just love this series so so much. The characters, the friendships, the story, the art. I just can't. I'm dead. 😭
Iryna *Book and Sword*
Will I ever love anything as much as I love this?

Probably not.

Orange volume 2 not only lived up to my expectations, it exceeded them. I don't know how, but it managed to be sad, sweet, heartbreaking and uplifting all at once.

This cast of characters will stay with me for a very long time.
Naho, who's sweet and timid, but possesses quiet strength and kind heart.
Suwa, who is the most selfless character I've ever had the pleasure of reading.
Kakeru, who is so sad and troubled, but also loving and ge
Julie Zantopoulos
Okay, a few things really bugged me about this story and this bind up that I just can't get past. There was a MASSIVE chunk at the back of this book that was a starter for a new series. It was significantly shorter than it appears to be! Honestly, it was enough that I feel legit cheated out of a large chunk of the book.

Then again, I was so annoyed with this story and the characters that I don't know if I mind. The main message and storyline were sweet, don't get me wrong, but ugh. I just CANNOT
Chantal
This was such a cute graphic novel series. It really warmed my heart and gave me feels but also dealt with mental illness in a sensitive way. It wasn't perfect by any means, the ending was very abrupt and the actual letter delivery not delved into, but it didn't really take away from my enjoyment of the story. It was also interesting to see the way the Japanese culture made this story play out differently than it would have in another setting (for example the lack of physical intimacy). Overall, ...more
Daniella
Jul 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
3.75/5
The ending was not my favorite (it ended super abruptly) but this was still a phenomenal series.
Kristy K
May 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019, manga
3.5 Stars

A happy ending to an at times saddening tale. The science behind the notes being sent back in time isn’t really explained, but the great portrayal of friendship and love make up for it.
merina rey
Aug 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Hands down my most favorite manga ever.
One of my most favorite stories in general.
Can’t wait to read Orange: Future!
💜
Lauren
Mar 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Amanda
Feb 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was just as beautiful as the first one and I am so happy I read this series! ❤️
Laura ☾
Feb 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
This review will be about both volumes as I read the story in one go.

"Orange" is the kind of manga that will tug at your heartstrings. It depicts suicide, the aftermath for those that are left behind after a loved one takes their life, depression and life in general. It's a very cute story, about friends who want to do everything in their power to save one of their friends. Yes, even sacrifice their own happiness and love (looking at you Suwa).

I loved each and every character in the story. Their
Katy
Sep 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
Originally posted here.

This review is of the whole manga.

The only word I have for this manga is CUTE, seriously it is cuteness overload. I adored this adorable manga, it was actually the first manga I had ever read and I decided to pick it up after watching the anime.

I loved Naho as a character, she is self-sacrificing, caring, nice and really shy. I can understand why some people can feel quite impatient with her because she finds it hard to communicate how she feels effectively and she is als
Caroline
Oct 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
BECAUSE I have no self control (like seriously none at all) I went to the bookstore yesterday and bought this so I could find out what happened. I read the first book a few weeks ago and absolutely LOVED IT so I had high hopes for this one and it definitely lived up to them. I loved the characters and how they all worked so well together. I enjoyed seeing some of Kakeru's perspective for once and I really enjoyed the ending. It made me cry and I loved it so so much. The ending was a little too s ...more
Noura Khalid (theperksofbeingnoura)
Apr 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga
“Every life is precious. Please treasure each and every day, the present, the moment, and yourself.”

Trigger Warning: Suicide

THE TEARS! the tears I cried reading this last volume. This manga really knows how to play with my emotions. An abrupt ending but I still loved this with all my heart. It highlighted the importance of mental illness and how it can happen to anyone. It’s really time we broke the stigma that’s usually associated with it.
Izzy
I absolutely loved this!

I couldn't have asked for a better ending. Again, I absolutely loved the friendship in this manga, it made me wish for friends like this but it also made my heart swell with joy.
Takano managed to make each character unique and complex and I loved each friend, I really couldn't choose just one. They all have a different character that makes them stand out.

The story was very warming and I couldn't stop reading. I am sad it's over but also incredibly happy to have read it.
Jedi JC Daquis
Dec 23, 2016 rated it liked it
The second volume of Orange, The Complete Collection still has some emotionally driven stuff to tell, and I admit that my heart has been tugged a few times. But volume two has a narrative that is not as solid and cohesive as the first one. The time jumps are not as organic as they were before. I also felt that the themes of being strong, not giving up and saving a life have been used over and over again that it felt that Orange should have been more effective if it were shorter, yet the ending h ...more
Euri
Jan 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: owned, favorites, manga
I will always cherish this manga series. It became one of my favorites and a very memorable one. I also like the bonus short story in this edition.

I love Naho and Kakeru's ship, but I love Suwa's character. He's such a very precious, selfless friend. He's willing to give up his own wants just to save the person he whole-heartedly cares about. And their group? I will always dream to be part of a friendship same as them.

"My friends and I all have the same goal. I'm not alone. All of us, together.
Sesana
Mar 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics
A lovely ending to the series. This volume seemed to delve somewhat more deeply into Kakeru's depression than the first had, and I think Takano does a reasonably good job. His friends doing everything "just right" doesn't fix him, and that he's obviously still going to be struggling even after they "saved" him, just with a bigger support network. There are a few attempts to sort of explain the time traveling letters without really explaining them, but who really needed that?

There's another, muc
Jananie (thisstoryaintover)
Apr 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-i-own
😭😭😭😭😭
this has to be one of my favourite mangas now. It's a story that will make you feel so many emotions and helps you remember the importance friends and being there for each other and knowing that someone out there cares about you, worries about you, and loves you, and that every one of your days are precious. You deserve to live every moment, don't ever let yourself believe otherwise ❤

• I Want to Eat Your Pancreas
  • I Had That Same Dream Again: The Complete Manga Collection
  • 聲の形 3 [Koe no Katachi 3] (A Silent Voice, #3)
  • 聲の形 2 [Koe no Katachi 2] (A Silent Voice, #2)
  • アオハライド 2 (Ao Haru Ride, #2)
  • Death Note: Black Edition, Vol. 1
  • アオハライド 3 (Ao Haru Ride, #3)
  • 春待つ僕ら 2 [Haru Matsu Bokura 2] (Waiting for Spring, #2)
  • アオハライド 1 (Ao Haru Ride, #1)
  • アオハライド 4 (Ao Haru Ride, #4)
  • 聲の形 4 [Koe no Katachi 4] (A Silent Voice, #4)
  • 春待つ僕ら 1 [Haru Matsu Bokura 1] (Waiting for Spring, #1)
  • A Silent Voice, Vol. 1 (A Silent Voice, #1)
  • アオハライド 5 (Ao Haru Ride, #5)
  • アオハライド 8 (Ao Haru Ride, #8)
  • 聲の形 7 [Koe no Katachi 7] (A Silent Voice, #7)
  • 聲の形 6 [Koe no Katachi 6] (A Silent Voice, #6)
  • 聲の形 5 [Koe no Katachi 5] (A Silent Voice, #5)
Ichigo Takano is a Japanese comic strip author. She is mainly known for being the author of the manga Orange.
Associated names : 高野苺

Orange: The Complete Collection (2 books)
  • Orange: The Complete Collection, Volume 1 (Orange: The Complete Collection, #1)