Start by marking “Fifty Percent Vampire” as Want to Read:
Fifty Percent Vampire

Read Book

Fifty Percent Vampire

TEENAGE GIRL FLEES THE UNDEAD !!!

What do you do when you've just been told your life ends on your eighteenth birthday? And the person who told you is the vampire who calls himself your stepfather? If your name's Astrid Sonnschein, you run like hell.

Astrid escapes to start a new life with her aunt and uncle, but soon finds out that nothing lasts forever. Living a lie pro
Published September 5th 2015 by Blue Tom Publications

To ask other readers questions about Fifty Percent Vampire, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fifty Percent Vampire

Aneesa
Mar 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
I received this book free in an exchange for honest an review thanks to YA Bound book tours

This is such a compelling story with a dark element, I seriously could not put this book down and I ended up reading it in one sitting! How amazing is a story which is not all rainbows and sunshine for once and has a very capitivating plot that just draws the reader in? Not many do

Astrid doesn't have a easy life being a half vampire, she is constantly tortured by Angus and George. She is a quick thinker,
angela
Jun 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
Definitely, an enjoyable book. I very much liked the story, and the characters. The book was written well, and very entertaining. The only thing is, I didn't love how it ended. I felt something's where left in the air.

I would have liked things to be elaborated on. Like does Angus ever do anything to her? Where does her mother end up living? What happens between her, and Mike? Do the vampires ever go after her? I assume she tells Mike what she is? Just a lot of questions I still have.

With that s
D.K. Janotta
Sep 27, 2015 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
I'm the author.

Stacey Kym
ARC kindly provided by D. K. Janotta via YA Bound Book Tours in exchange for an honest review.

Review

I absolutely adored the cover! It had such beautiful colours and created a very enchanting image. The blurb also really intrigued me and I had high hopes and expectations for this novel and couldn't wait to see how it would all go down.
The novel starts off quite well. It begins with a smooth and easy introduction into Astrid's vampire world and her dreams to enter the human civilisation.

books are love
Mar 20, 2016 rated it liked it
Even with all the cliche’s that were in this about vampires the story was entertaining. Here we have a young women Astrid who is half vampire and at a crossroads. She lives in Vampville and they want her turned or killed. Her mom turned to keep her safe when she was born and now she is trying to protect her. Astrid decides to try the human world. Never being there before this book is about her time there. Although as we watch her adjust we see people being killed where she is all around her. Kid ...more
Kristyn - Reading to Unwind
Astrid is a half vampire who wants to live as a human so she is sent to her mother’s sister house to live. Jean, Astrid aunt, is extremely religious and nervous about having Astrid under her roof. The one rule becomes don’t tell anyone that you are a half vampire. Although the house cat can definitely sense something is off with Astrid right from the beginning.

I have been a lover of Vampire related books since Twilight so I loved the concept of a half vampire half human right from the start. As
Scarlet
Feb 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Fifty percent vampire by D.K. Janitors

Living with your mother and stepfather can be difficult at the best of times but it's even worse when they are full vampires and you are a half vampire. Add to that and evil, sadistic step brother and your life can be downright miserable. This is the life of seventeen year old Astrid Sonnschein, until she convinces her mother and stepfather, George, to let her stay with her mothers human sister and go to school in the human world.
Life in the human world is
Simon Buxton
Jan 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
I received this book from Blue Tom Publications in return for an honest review. Fifty Percent Vampire is pitched as a YA Paranormal Romance, and the basic story is indeed just that, but in my opinion this is a novel that could appeal to a far wider readership. Astrid Sonnschein is a complex character, unsure of her place in the worlds - interestingly, two of them - that she inhabits. So immediately that tells me this book can be classified as a psychological thriller too. Picture the Yin-Yang si ...more
Midwest Romantic

Originally posted on my blog Live Laugh & Love Books

I really loved the cover and synopsis of this book so I couldn’t wait to dig in! It’s a very intriguing storyline that may have it’s downsides. It’s YA..so expect some young aspects, but it is written pretty well and keeps my interested so that’s a plus!

It may not be super duper amazing, but definitely give it a shot to see what you think!

* I Received a complimentary copy in exchange for an honest review*
Kris
Apr 16, 2016 rated it liked it
Didn't blow me away but it wasn't terrible either. Might pick up the next one to see what happens next. Needs some fleshing out and going over though. Was confused at times with the POV jumps. Fun read.
Sara El_nemaky
what a great book! The story is compelling and entertaining. I really enjoyed reading it.
Louisa
Mar 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Great book, great vampire world, and great romance! Really enjoyable book!
Jessica Slomp
Dec 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: EVERYONE!!
This Book is an amazing read!!! Recommended to all!!!
Katie
Sep 09, 2016 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: vampire / supernatural lovers
I really give this book a 3.5 star rating, but you can't give half ratings on here.

Astrid is a half vamp / half human hybrid, that lives with her mom, step-dad, and crazy step-bro Angus. On her birthday, she decides she wants to try living as a human, so she goes to live with her Aunt and Cousin in the middle of Dullsville.

I rather liked Astrid, but found her a bit too human for my taste. I would have liked to see her go more into her vampness, and have been less afraid of the typical vamp lor
Debbie
Dec 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is an interesting story about a girl ( Astrid ) wanting to live in the human world. Her mother has been turned and must live in Vampville. Her stepfather and stepbrother are scary and dangerous. She may be half vampire, but everyone (other than her mother) wants her to be turned. They feel that she is a danger to them and could expose them. Her mother makes it possible for her to go to high school. She goes to live with her mother's sister and her family.
I found the characters enjoyable, h
Angelspearl
Feb 23, 2016 rated it liked it
Well I in my opinion this book started off with a whole lot of potential and so I was hooked from the start. I liked Astrid for her determination to try out all the things she seems to have missed out on. She was almost like a little kid learning about everything in this very human world. Her friends seemed pretty fickle, but then which 16year olds aren’t.

The strange occurrences that seemed to have Astrid at the centre of it all didn’t do much for me and the book. Don’t get me wrong it was a gre
Tia
"Fifty Percent Vampire" is a different take on the whole vampire story. Astrid is born to a human and a vampire, but her father dies while trying to reclaim the family fortune. Her mother tries to raise her solo but ends up marrying her brother in law in order to protect Astrid from other vampires out to destroy her uniqueness. Astrid has her heart set on trying out "being human" and moves in with her Aunt, cousin, and Uncle, all goes well until her fellow high school students start turning up d ...more
Jackie
Sep 02, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: did-not-finish
I received a free copy for an honest review. I really just couldn't get into this book, I only made it to about page 50 before quitting. Those 50 pages seemed to drag on forever, found myself thinking of other things I could be doing instead of reading. Maybe if there had been more background info in the beginning to give me more of a reason to care about the characters, would have helped drive more interest in the characters, other than some part vampire girl wanting to go to school to be like ...more
Sandi Neace
Sep 20, 2016 rated it liked it
I was given this book for an honest review.
It was a nice, easy read. But I had a hard time finishing it. It did not really hold my interest.
Astrid is 50% vampire, or is she. Shes trying to find herself, she goes from living in a vampire community to living with humans. In the vampire community she has to deal with herr stepdad and adopted brother.She is alone and has to be protected from the others in the community who want her dead or changed. She is put thru alot while living the humansalso.
Brienne Tarth
Aug 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
So, I admit I downloaded this and let it sit on my pc's metaphorical shelves. So many things to do, even to read... I've been silly. It's a greatly enjoyable book! I savored it, and I'm not going to go into any details because I'm afraid to spoil things for someone, just go and read. You'll love it!
Karina Halt
This was an interesting, dark read, a different take on vampires. I would recommend it to ppl who have read many vampire books and wants a new take on it. When I was reading this I was thinking 'please! give the girl a break!!' She goes through a lot, but still has a good heart and does her best to protect her family and friends.
Heather
Jun 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
A young girl raised as a vampire but is 1/2 human ( dad vampire & mom human) struggles with the vampire side and wants to experience the human half. This is the story of her joys, sorrows, triumphs and failures.
Alicia Freeman
Aug 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
Astrid is 1/2 vampie, 1/2 human an struggling with the vampire half. Her mom is trying her best to protect and love her through the town that wants her dead. This story is full of emotions and will leave you breathless.
Karen
Jul 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
Received this book for an honest review.
A good read for young adults.
Also if you are just starting to read this kind of books
It was still quite enjoyable read .
Yvonne Graham
Oct 02, 2016 rated it liked it
I enjoyed this story however it could have been compacted a bit more. I did read the whole book so it must have been alright.
Garvan
Jahnelle
Mar 11, 2016
StinaMadsMN
Mar 12, 2016
I Love Vampire No...: Teenage Girl Flees the Undead !!! 1 6 Jan 17, 2016 05:56AM
D. K. Janotta lives up the mountain from Lake Geneva in Switzerland with his uncannily beautiful Romanian wife and two white mice both of whom have extraordinarily long teeth. On sunny days he runs wild over hills alive with the sound of yodelling. On rainy days he stays home and builds monsters.