Start by marking “Heartbreaker (Unbreakable, #1)” as Want to Read:
Heartbreaker (Unbreakable, #1)

Heartbreaker

(Unbreakable #1)

Kiki Michaelson wants one wild night to forget her starving-artist worries. Simple.

Only instead of Darren Cole becoming her one-night stand, he taunts her with a challenge. Then while she’s trying to best him at his own game, he turns out to be the last thing she’s prepared for: someone she wants to keep.

Which means all he can ever be…is a friend.

Darren Cole never allows a
Published March 22nd 2016 by Kat Bastion and Stone Bastion

To ask other readers questions about Heartbreaker, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Heartbreaker

NiCoLeTa E.
***4,5 "Sex on Stick" stars***
(I know that this term doesn't give to the story justice, but everything started with this phrase!!!)

This was a wonderfull story, full of emotions and damaged people....
It was a battle with love... A battle with the fears that were laying deep down inside....
Our heroes had lots of things to deal and they were afraid to let anyone inside their world...
And as a result we had a pure love who helped them to get over all those things that was drowning them!!!

I think th
Pearl Angeli
3.5 Stars

First off, I didn't know this is a spin-off and I think I could've enjoyed Heartbreaker more if I've read the previous series first. Anyways, the characters, the storyline, the writing style... they are all good! My only real (and perhaps biggest) concern is that there were so many things that confused me. The characters kept mentioning about these things and that but I found myself having no such clue what they're all talking about.

Despite my problem though, it wasn't difficult for me
Kathleen
Mar 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Story Rating ~ 5 STARS!
Hero Rating ~ 5 STARS!
Heroine Rating ~ 5 STARS!
Romance Rating ~ 5 STARS!
Heat Level ~ 3.75 Stars!
Ending ~ 4.5 Stars
Overall Rating ~ 5 I Need You Too STARS!

Oh my, my, how I enjoyed this one. The story was steady and kept me interested and then there was the parts that gripped my very soul. I felt SO many emotions reading this, the first feeling was frustration because I could really feel the way Darren and Kiki needed each other. Then I felt sadness for what Darren and his s
Dali
#99cents #sale through 11/07/2016

Reading a book by Kat and Stone Bastion is like eating one of the best meals of your life. It has the perfect flow from its appetizing beginning, its emotionally hearty entrées, to its deliciously sweet end.
“All I’m saying is, don’t fight it. Don’t be afraid of us. If we are meant to happen…just let it.”

Once burned by love, the only flame artist Kiki Michaelson allows close is the one she uses to forge her sculptures with. She keeps guys at a safe distance
Wendy'sThoughts
Feb 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Kat Bastion, Simon Bastion Fans, New Adult, Romance
3.5 Stop the Denial; Be Free to Love Stars
* * * 1/2

Those who know me, know I am not the usual NA Angst loving reader. I will dip into the NA pool if it is through authors I have had positive experiences with, though. Kat Bastion and Stone Bastion are a duo who gave me some reading pleasure in the past, so when I saw this new entry... I said yes immediately.

This new series has much going for it. It has heart, characters who are unique and a bit of edge with a different perspective.

The first pa
Kat Bastion
Sep 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Grab HEARTBREAKER then follow up with RULE BREAKER and...
LAWBREAKER?...RELEASES SEPTEMBER 17, 2018!

Heartbreaker RDL Banner

HEARTBREAKER Buy Links... #NewAdult #SportsRomance
Amazon US: http://amzn.to/1Un2PYA
Amazon UK: http://amzn.to/1QgDVs9
Nook: http://bit.ly/1n03nX5
iBooks: http://apple.co/1lwrqfO
Kobo: http://bit.ly/21kjwcE

PLUS check out this fun BuzzFeed article:
10 Best Drag Rhythm Songs for Sex: A Playlist for Every Heartbreaker

Darren in HEARTBREAKER - Image provided by Gel with Tempting Illustrations

A holiday #TeaserTuesday

Christmas FB iBook Heartbreaker preorder alert

A #TeaserTuesday Moment of Gratitude...

Thanksgiving Teaser - Heartbreaker

*** CO
Claire Robinson
Feb 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: shit-hot-series
4 - 'Just friends...' Stars!

Heartbreaker is the first book that I have read by Kat & Stone Bastion, I really liked the premise of this one, in that wanting more than one night from a guy immediately puts them in the Just friends zone, and dealing with the rampant sexual tension that develops between you because of it afterwards.

I think the main thing that kept the story between Kiki and Darren moving along nicely was that fact that although the tropes that the authors used are common, they
Vasiliki
Feb 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
4 stars!!!

ARC kindly provided by Kat Bastion via Netgalley in exchange of an honest review.

Heartbreaker is a beautiful love story! The love story of Kiki and Darren. This story is so full of love and care that I don't even know from where to start. Kiki and Darren met in a moment in their life that they couldn't be together because it was complicated. The plot was really good and for the most part was moving in a good pace. There were surprises and small twists and they were good. The writin
Tanja ~ T's Book ~ KT Book Reviews
3-3.5 rating
I am such a fan of this author however this kind of NA is not my favorite. Awesome writing and funny banter, but the angsty aspect of it drove me a tad bonkers. Don't get me wrong... TONS of readers are gonna love this kind of romance. I think my age gap did me in. It happens.
✿kawehi.reviews
Feb 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
☆ I received an ARC via the author in exchange for an honest review. Thank you! ☆

3.5 stars!

Heartbreaker was a friends to lovers romance with a natural twist to it. I do love these types of slow burning romances, with two characters who weren't looking for anything and end up finding each other.

Kiki- she was definitely one of those independent women types who could hold her own.

And Darren. He was a lot different from what I had initially expected of him. Here, I thought he'd be just a womanizer
Sybil aka Lala
Kiki is known as the free-spirited wild child in a family where everyone seems to have their shit together. She’s happy and living out her passion but she doesn’t feel as though she can ask her family for help and further cement her reputation as the wacky one. So instead she sets her sights on Darren Cole. The hot DJ who drums up her pulse and the only other guy she knows that possibly be more of a player than Kiki is.

Darren really doesn’t have any space in his life for a woman. At least not fo
Deniz
Jan 20, 2016 rated it liked it
3.5 Stars

Heartbreaker is another good book written by Kat and Stone Bastion. This being a spin off series of No Weddings starring Cade's Sister. But it also is a standalone.

When I found out that this is Kiki as in Cade's sister, I was even more excited about the book. I should mention I only made the connection after I started the book. (I blame my atrocious name memory.)
But in that moment my expectation went another notch up. I should mention, that I have read and enjoyed every book that the B
Linda
"Heartbreaker", was an awesome read and a great start to the new Unbreakable series from Kat Bastion. The Bastion's once again give us engaging well developed characters in a well plotted storyline. Some of the characters in this book,we met in the No Weddings series and it was fun getting a glimpse at them in this book too. No worries this is a standalone and can be read as such; though I would highly recommend the No Wedding series also!

Kiki Michaelson, metal artist extrodenaire is relationsh
Erin
Jun 10, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016, mental-health
4 stars! A great lust-to friends-to lovers story!

Set up: Kiki wants just one night with Darren. She’s been crushing for a while on the DJ and has finally gotten up the nerve to do something about it. Darren only does one night stands, and while he is completely in lust with Kiki she is too good for that kind of relationship, or lack thereof. So when she propositions him for a night, he reluctantly turns her down. Their lust turns into friendship since Darren won’t give in for one night and neit
Hazel *Craves the Angst Reviews*
Find This and Other Reviews At Craves The Angst.

I received this eARC from the author in exchange for an honest review.

4.5 “Sex On A Stick” Stars!
Sexy, Romantic and Fun! I LOVED This Read!

The Review:
I loved this book! When I was asked by the authors to read it for review, I was hooked by the synopsis and quickly agreed. I wasn’t disappointed. I love romances that take their time with the story and the characters and aren’t rushed into a quick romance. This book was perfectly executed and gave
HeatherTX
No disappointments here. If you enjoyed the No Weddings series, the Michaelson crew and friends, you won't want to miss this new series! Loved me some Kiki and Darren!

I'm looking forward to Mace's story in Rule Breaker.

***ARC/review copy kindly provided by author/publisher via NetGalley for an honest review***

Beneath The Covers Blog
Heartrending, passionate, and captivating! Heartbreaker is a riveting page-turner that will leave you breathless with raw emotions, and the need to hold tight to the ones you love!

Kiki Michaelson wants a one-night stand. Nothing more. And she wants it with Darren Cole. But the Rolling Stones said it best: you can't always get what you want. A hidden secret prevents Kiki from wanting more. So she's willing to settle for being "just friends".
Darren Cole doesn't allow himself to get close to anyone
Nicole
Jul 22, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 Turtle Club stars!

description

This is what I get for complaining that the last book I read was too rushed and forced. That the character development and chemistry between the two main characters just wasn’t there. This is what happens. I get a story that is so developed and so not rushed, that I’m falling asleep waiting for them to at least, if for nothing, give each other a fucking high five. What goes around comes around. I have learned the hard way.
Seriously though, I don’t want to complain about t
1-Click Addict Support Group
Heartbreaker is different than anything I’ve read in a long time. And different is good. Really good.

Darren Cole is the almost perfect man. He loves and sacrifices for his family. He struggles with being enough, as most of us do, but that doesn’t mean that he doesn’t desire just a bit more. Enter Kiki Michaelson. She wants Darren but for one night only…

Let’s be real here, when an author makes the male lead the hero in the story in the most understated way, it’s amazing! I wasn’t a fan of Kiki.
♡ Jeri's Book Attic ♡ the Romance Bibiliophile ♡

It has been a long time since I read a love story like this. Solid from beginning to End “Heartbreaker” by Kat Bastion with Stone Bastion draws its readers into the world of sacrifice and deep love.

Darren and Kiki ‘s is relationship is far from “friend zone” no matter how hard they try – that much the reader can tell from the beginning on. The only question that remains throughout the pages is if they will give into it or not.?

And if so – what will be the consequences ?

The author drew interestin
Ralou by Collector Of Book Boyfriends
 photo ARC REVIEW_zpseu9cd4hh.jpg

Link: http://collectorofbookboyfriends.com/...

Book Review: 5++ Sex-On-Stick Stars!!!!!

“The best miracles happen when we least expect them – when we finally let our guard down.”

The duet Bastion never cease to amaze me with their amazing ability to suck me deep into each story and world they create. First The Espionage Effect and now, Heartbreaker. As it seems, I can’t get enough of their stories, hot BBFs, unique loves, etc. And if I judge from what I’m feeling right after finishing this one
Julie

description

I had no idea what to expect from Heartbreaker. I've not heard of the Bastion writing team and I've obviously been missing out. I'm not totally for sure how I could have missed out on them for so long but that will be quickly rectified because I'm very interested in what else they have out on the shelves right now.

I was about halfway through the first page of this book and I was totally hooked. I found myself completely immersed in the book. And it was all because of the characters. The Bastion
Kim
Feb 05, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
“When we look for the good in this world in spite of the bad? That’s when we find happiness.”

Kiki and Darren have both suffered heartbreak in their lives that has left them emotionally closed off. In Kiki's case, she was burned badly by a guy in the past and it caused her to limit all relationships with a guy to one night only. Darren is a major temptation to her though; the gorgeous DJ at her brother's club is sex on a stick and she would love nothing more than to have one night with him to lea
Serena
Jan 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
5 LET’S STAY HERE FOREVER STARS!!!

Where the hell have I been and why have I not read anything from these two? That’s about to change after reading Heartbreaker. I loved this book! It was extremely well written and I literally read it from start to finish. As a matter of fact, I stayed up until 5 am reading. I needed to know how Darren and Kiki’s love story was going to end!

I loved how this book was told from both Darren and Kiki’s point of view, alternating chapter to chapter. Brilliant. We kne
Bette Hansen
Mar 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really loved this one!! Of course I fell in love with Kiki's character while reading the No Weddings series and I was doing a happy dance to finally have her story. I love the flow and writing style of Kat and Stone Bastion and hopefully we will have many more stories to read in the future.

In this book we have Kiki Masterson, the wild, seemingly carefree, artistic Masterson sibling. She's finally had the strength to strike out on her own with her art but things haven't gone exactly as planned
Kelly Emery (Beneath The Covers Blog)
Full review can be found at Beneath The Covers Blog!
-- https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

*received ARC in exchange for an honest review.*

Winter Sophia Rose
Intense, Riveting & Beautiful! An Amazing Read! I Loved It!
Aaly
Feb 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
** ARC kindly provided by the authors for an honest review. **

3.5 stars!
Review to come.

How can two people emotionally unavailable find happiness? By getting a second chance on life and love.

Kiki is the happy, sassy, and talented artist. She’s a sculptor but also helping her family in their entertaining business. A carefree woman who built strong walls around her heart.

No strings attached. Ever.

Darren is young and sexy DJ. Mysterious and secretive. There was something with him, like he had exp
Jen
Mar 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Read the full review on Bookaholics Not-So-Anonymous.

Note: This ARC was provided by InkSlinger PR in exchange for an honest review.

Twenty-seven-year-old metal works artist Kiki Michaelson has already been spurned by a man once, hurting her enough that she's become wary of having anything more than a one-night stand with someone. That doesn't mean, however, that she hasn't noticed the DJ that works at the club she and her siblings co-own. Twenty-two-year-old drummer and college student Darren Col
Rachel
Mar 20, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
All she wanted was a one night stand. Her attraction to him was something she couldn’t ignore, but her determination to not let another man hurt her meant one night only. But she could handle that.

All he wanted was to not fail the only other person left in his life who meant something. The temptation Kiki presented gave him pause for the first time since he promised himself he wouldn’t fail again.

Kiki and Darren smoldered, each determined to keep the other at arm's’ length and each using differ
  • Sparrow 59 (The Sleepers' Coalition, #1)
  • Solo
  • Dark Sacrifice (Dark Paradise #2)
  • How to Seduce a Scot (Broadswords and Ballrooms, #1)
  • Semi-Scripted (Wanderlove, #2)
  • Speaking Greek (Foreign Exchange, #1)
  • Until We Break
  • Breaking Noah
  • So Twisted (Bad Behavior #1)
  • Addicted to You (Port Lucia #1)
  • BEND (Vegas Heat, #1)
  • Nobody's Angel (Willow Park, #1)
  • The List (College of Charleston, #1)
  • Say Something... (Speak, #1)
  • Stop at Nothing (Protect & Serve, #1)
  • Loula Is Leaving for Africa
  • Blurring the Lines (Men of the Zodiac, #11)
  • Fake Engagement Real Temptation
LATEST PROJECT:
LAWBREAKER, the third standalone in the Unbreakable series, a full-length new adult romance told in dual POV, coming September 17, 2018.

Kat Bastion won several awards for her bestselling debut novel Forged in Dreams and Magick.

Kat and Stone Bastion’s bestselling first novel No Weddings and the No Weddings series were named Best of 2014 by multiple romance review blogs.

When not defi

Unbreakable (3 books)
  • Rule Breaker (Unbreakable, #2)
  • Lawbreaker (Unbreakable #3)