Start by marking “Marrying Winterborne (The Ravenels, #2)” as Want to Read:
Marrying Winterborne (The Ravenels, #2)

Marrying Winterborne

(The Ravenels #2)

4.08  ·  Rating details ·  17,377 ratings  ·  1,962 reviews
A ruthless tycoon

Savage ambition has brought common-born Rhys Winterborne vast wealth and success. In business and beyond, Rhys gets exactly what he wants. And from the moment he meets the shy, aristocratic Lady Helen Ravenel, he is determined to possess her. If he must take her virtue to ensure she marries him, so much the better…

A sheltered beauty

Helen has had little con
Published May 31st 2016 by Avon

To ask other readers questions about Marrying Winterborne, please sign up.
Julia I would definitely read "Cold-Hearted Rake" first. Although "Marrying Winterborne" catches the reader up on everything that happened in the first…moreI would definitely read "Cold-Hearted Rake" first. Although "Marrying Winterborne" catches the reader up on everything that happened in the first book, the foundation of Rhys and Helen's relationship happened in the first book. Enjoy!(less)
Mary - Buried Under Romance I just re-read Devil in Winter and think it very likely! Not that the proposal came from Winterborne himself, but that later this idea was snatched.…moreI just re-read Devil in Winter and think it very likely! Not that the proposal came from Winterborne himself, but that later this idea was snatched. The bazar that St. Vincent and Westcliff were talking about and something about "never underestimate women and their shopping" likely hinted that someone later would take advantage of this opportunity to open a shopping mall. :)(less)

·  17,377 ratings  ·  1,962 reviews

Anne
Dec 09, 2016 rated it really liked it
OH. MY. GOD. <--this has nothing to do with this book
BUT.
Did anyone else start making humming noises when Evie and Sebastian (from Devil in Winter) made an appearance in the teaser for the next book?!

description

Devil in Spring is going to be about their son Gabriel, and my favorite twin from this book, Pandora!
I can feel the awesomeness of this story unfolding, and I just...

Ok, ok, ok.
So, how was Marrying Winterborne?
Hmmm. Well, the first book in Kleypas' new historical romance series has had some pret
Christina ~ Brunette Reader

2,5 Stars

A sweeping Victorian romance of potted orchids and self-made men, Welsh interpolations and baffling characterisations. And of spectacularly contrived plot twists.

London, 1875
Queuing right after Cold-Hearted Rake's epilogue, the books opens as Lady Helen Ravenel has just made up her mind about her broken engagement and her future. Shyness and class-conscious relatives notwithstanding, she wants Rhys Winterborne, a powerful Welsh businessman and former shop boy who grew up in the wrong
Mary - Buried Under Romance
Edit: My goodness...the cover that wasn't there before! >.<

I'm rating this book ahead of time, because I already fell in love with this almost-couple in Cold-Hearted Fake, and can't wait to read their full story come May. Good bye exams, hellllo Lisa Kleypas! ^_^ I will perish for wait of this book...it's my favorite set-up of a compassionate, sheltered lady discovering life and passion outside her small world for the first time, and the rough, self-made man (the Victorian equivalent of a
Auntee

-I loved Helen.
-I loved Rhys.
Rhys...
 photo 400feef6-0b44-43c8-ac4d-14a6ae27385b_zpshmhsstn5.jpg

-I loved the supporting characters (Pandora, Cassandra, Rampage, West, Severin, Dr. Gibson...I want books for all of them!
-I loved Helen's new-found boldness, her courage, and her naivete.
-I cried when I realized her dilemma and I prayed she wouldn't heed the advice of Lady Berwick. I cried for what I thought she might lose but knew in my heart that she wouldn't.
-I adored everything about Rhys Winterborne. He was the perfe
UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish
Marrying Winterborne is exactly the kind of storytelling Lisa Kleypas fans can count on - it's funny, romantic, thoughtful, and burn up the pages sexy! I'm so glad she's writing historicals again!

"...A man is not entitled to be called a father merely because he once had a well-timed spasm of the loins.”

photo giggle2.gif
Christine Wallflower & Dark Romance Junkie
4.5 STARS

"Cariad...there's nothing gentle about how I want you." He was startled by the endearment that had slipped out, one he had never used with anyone.

Oh man I took too long to read this book because I feel like it was a five star read but it felt like it dragged in some areas (or maybe that was just me because I always want everything to happen at a breakneck speed). But quite frankly, Mr Rhys Winterborne has joined the ranks of my favourite Lisa Kleypas heroes. So I'm sure like the rest
Haelhaelhael
This book is ❤ Just amazing.

Lady Helen

Mr. Winterborne

Stacey is Sassy
I knew Rhys Winterborne was a good man.

***This review is a wee bit spoilerish, so proceed with caution.***

I’ll start off by saying that I really enjoyed Marrying Winterborne. I’m a huge fan of Lisa Kleypas’s historical romances and this one definitely did not disappoint. I think my enjoyment had more to do with Mr Winterborne than Lady Helen, to be honest.

I liked that Rhys is a straight shooter. What you see is what you get. He’s an ambitious man who is not afraid of hard work. Yes, he’s a bit
Christie«SHBBblogger»

Title: Marrying Winterborne
Series: The Ravenels #2
Author: Lisa Kleypas
Release date: May 31, 2016
Cliffhanger:No

Ahhhh. Rhys Marrying Winterborne. You lived up to all of my hopes and dreams. With every new book I read from the incredibly talented Lisa Kleypas, I'm reminded why she was one of the original authors to get me excited about reading romance. She is nothing short of gifted when it comes to her ability to create memorable characters and resonating stories. Her attention to the smallest de
Viri
Oct 19, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Ya está la reseña en el blog, como no me alcanzó para expresarme aquí... tuve que hacerlo allá también jajaja...

A ver... este libro es un Lisa Kleypas registrado. ¡Y se nota!
Desde el principio sientes ese estilo tan particular de Lisa, la vivacidad, los diálogos ágiles, las situaciones cómicas, el enganche inmediato, la excelente narración. TODO estaba ahí.

El problema fue que no hubo sentimientos. Ya desde el principio los protagonistas se veían enamora
Lover of Romance
Nov 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This review was originally posted on Addicted To Romance My Review Updated
Summary
Rhys Winterborne, has built himself up from the ground all the way to a wealthy tycoon. Rhys has always been able to get what he wants, but when he met Lady Helen Ravenel his world was turned upside down and he is determined to keep her for good. Helen Ravenel, was always nervous around Rhys, he intimidated her and when they were engaged, she could feel herself slowly falling in love with him. But through some complications and
Alp
Jan 20, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I don’t want to tell you this, but frankly, Marrying Winterborne was a little disappointment.

Well, I’m not sure where to start with my review, let’s just say, I had mixed feelings about this one. I excitedly started reading this book, expected it to be stellar. But in the end, it became apparent that my high hopes were shattered. In fact, this book could have been better, but unfortunately, it was mediocre at best. I’m not quite happy with the story, partly due to lack of tearjerking drama, hea
Shawna
4.5 stars – Historical Romance

I really enjoyed this, but I think my expectations might’ve been too high to give it a full 5-stars. I adored Rhys and Helen and loved them together, but I wanted even more of their romance. All the excessive descriptions of everything (characters, details, events, customs, rooms, clothes, etc.) was somewhat distracting and hindered the pace of the story at times. I felt like the big secret and potential obstacle to their HEA was a bit contrived and went on for too
Jilly
Apr 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
"Mark my words, girls. There is no greater enemy of virtue than a charming Welshman."

let the ruining begin!!

In this book we have a couple who got engaged at the end of the last book in this series, Winterborne and Helen. I didn't like the last book because I hated the heroine, Kathleen, so much... so so much. And, when this story starts, it turns out that bitchy Kathleen is responsible for meddling and breaking up this couple.

This was my Christmas card to Kathleen. Did I mention that I hate h
[Aengell]
Oct 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Rhys Winterborne challenging to take a place in the Lisa Kleypas Heroes Hall of Fame.

These were my words after finishing Cold-hearted Rake last fall, and it turned out that Rhys Winterborne is the new fresh (or not so fresh?) face in the LK hall of fame. Right now I'm reading it again because I rushed through it last night in order to finish it (yeah, I know, I know).

Helen and Rhys are a match made in romance-heaven, and for me much of the chemistry and intimacy between them stems from their ti
Mo
Jun 02, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I think I enjoyed this one a little bit more than the previous one. Why? Rhys Winterborne, a self-made man from North Wales, who has built an empire in London and wants to be accepted by the upper classes.

Beatriz
May 06, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
¡Me gustó muchísimo! La historia se centra en el noviazgo de Helen y Rhys que, después que rompieran al final del primer libro de la serie, en éste lo retoman de la forma menos convencional posible para la época, y se desarrolla durante toda la novela. Esto podría parecer soso y aburrido, pero Lisa Kleypas sabe como cautivar a sus lectores con las situaciones que crea.

Me encantaron las escenas íntimas, tan dulces, considerando que Helen es por lejos el personaje femenino más inocente del reperto
Chryssa

Awwww BE STILL MY BOOK-LOVING HEART! THE HR QUEEN IS BACK, not with a standalone but A SERIES!
and I don't have to wait years AGAIN for the second in the series!

Jen
****4.5 STARS****

Another wonderful read from Lisa Kleypas. You all were right!!! I fell in LOVE with Rhys Winterbourne--VERY HARD!!!! I adore that man!!! He may have a tough outer shell; but inside he is a romantic at heart and I just loved how he claimed Helen was the other half of his soul! This hero is exactly how all heroes should act--in my opinion!!! LOL He loved her with his whole being, and I would hate to see what would happen to him if she ever left book land without him!!!

I really enj
Carol *Young at Heart Oldie*
After being somewhat disappointed by Cold-Hearted Rake, I LOVED this book! It reminded me in so many ways of the wonderful Wallflowers and Hathaways series.

My Rhys Winterborne

Ms Kleypas writes some of the dreamiest self-made heroes in Historical Romance and I’m adding Rhys Winterborne to that illustrious list. I love how, from the moment he meets Helen, this big, arrogant, ruthless Welshman is totally crazy about her and complete putty in her hands.

He had always enjoyed women casually, sampling
Emma Chase
Sep 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A new favorite historical romance!! Loved every page!
Jo
“I love whatever it is you’re made of. All of it.”

Marrying Winterborne starts about a week after the end of Cold-Hearted Rake. The engagement between wealthy and common-born Rhys Winterborne and Lady Helen Ravenel had just been ended, although neither wanted it to end. Gentle and shy Helen is determined to overcome her shyness and win back Rhys. Luckily for Helen there is nothing more that Rhys wants than to possess Helen, and in order to ensure that she doesn’t slip through his fingers a

Wendy'sThoughts
Jul 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Lisa Kleypas Fans, Historical, Romance
4.5 Kleypas Back in the Groove Stars
* * * *1/2 Spoiler Free
First, since this series has been out for a while, I promise to not go on and on about the book. As I have always said, the talent here at goodreads is vast, so there are so many strong, informative reviews to check out. Please go and check them out, they are worth your time.

What I will chat about for a moment is how much this entry to the series, reminded me of why I have fond memories of my discovery of Kleypas. With this story of Hele
Ally
Jun 28, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not great / not bad / color me undecided

ok

This one was a little confusing. A little great, a little good, a little meh, never bad. I'm not really sure how I felt about it, honestly.

Setting / Time / Genre: Regency, England, thereabouts

Series: Yep

Sexy times: Like right off the bat. As in, LK did not screw around (pun intended). Steamier side of things.

Plan on reading more by the author: Sure, she's got some good stuff and at least this didn't bore me.

Synopsis: Helen and Rhys are engaged and the
Lyuda
Jun 06, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: victorian
2.5 stars rounded up to indicate slight improvement over Cold-Hearted Rake.

Let me first say what I feel is expected in this situation… I’m a big fan of Lisa Kleypas, specially her older HR and CR work. But sadly, I’m not connecting with this series. And even though the story is a slight improvement over the first one, it doesn’t say much (the bar is set low). I’m glad I trusted my intuition and waited for the library copy.

The blurb and ton of reviews already posted on the site have described the
Sissy's Romance Book Review
'Marrying Winterborne' by Lisa Kleypas is book two in the "The Ravenels" series. This is the story of Lady Helen Ravenel and Rhys Winterborne. You don't have to have read the previous book but I would.... Helen and Rhys story starts there but this book does catch you up.
I have waited for this book for what seemed like forever! The wait was so worth it!! I am crazy about this book....so good!! I love Rhys!!! He has been the best hero so far!!
Helen is the shy older sister who has been sheltered
Mo
Jan 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Another great story... even the second time around.

Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
4.5-5 Sweet stars

I absolutely loved Marrying Winterborne,it has everything I wanted and even more.I adored the characters and the story was sweet,hot and intense.

description

I fall in love with Rhys and Helen.I loved that they were honest about their feelings and their romance was scorching. They have an amazing chemistry and I loved every moment these two were together.Helen is sweet and shy.Rhys is perfect *sigh* I'm in love with him.I also enjoyed the secondary characters.

Overall it was an amazing story
Pepa
Reseña completa: http://masromance.blogspot.com.es/201...
Sintiéndolo en el alma, no me ha gustado.
Y le doy las dos por esos pequeños detalles de información que plasman toda la novela y que nadie niega que está bien escrita.
- Helen cambia demasiado bruscamente
- No hay tensión entre ellos, el romance, es solo una continuación del mismo. No hay tensión entre ambos, es más la evolución de Helen que su romance con Rhyss. Me gustó más su relación en la primera entrega, en esta es más una consecuencia
Alba Turunen
Nov 04, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3'5 pero las 4 estrellitas van para Rhys, que ha sido un AMOR en todo el libro.

Lo primero. Sí, me he leído muchas reseñas que ponen el libro de vuelta y media, me he encontrado con todo tipo de críticas, positivas y negativas. En mis reseñas soy muy subjetiva y lo digo con todas las letras, a mí me ha gustado el libro. No voy a engañarme y deciros que está entre los mejores libros de Kleypas, no. La buena época de Kleypas ya ha pasado, y por desgracia en sus últimos libros ha caído su calidad li
We Love Lisa Kleypas: LK Giveaway 4 42 May 30, 2016 10:59AM
Lisa Kleypas 1 49 Mar 11, 2016 02:11PM
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 9 Oct 31, 2015 04:20AM
  • Happily Bedded Bliss (The Rakes of Cavendish Square, #2)
  • Lord of Darkness (Maiden Lane, #5)
  • Do You Want to Start a Scandal (Spindle Cove, #5; Castles Ever After, #4)
  • The Highwayman (Victorian Rebels, #1)
  • One Good Earl Deserves a Lover (The Rules of Scoundrels, #2)
  • Fool Me Twice (Rules for the Reckless, #2)
  • It Happened One Midnight (Pennyroyal Green, #8)
  • The Viscount and the Vixen (Hellions of Havisham, #3)
  • To Wed a Wicked Earl (Devine & Friends, #2)
  • Lady Anne’s Lover
  • A Mackenzie Family Christmas: The Perfect Gift (MacKenzies & McBrides, #4.5)
  • The Suffragette Scandal (Brothers Sinister, #4)
  • In Total Surrender (Secrets, #3)

The Ravenels (6 books)
  • Cold-Hearted Rake (The Ravenels, #1)
  • Devil in Spring (The Ravenels, #3)
  • Hello Stranger (The Ravenels, #4)
  • Devil's Daughter (The Ravenels, #5)
  • Chasing Cassandra (The Ravenels, #6)
“Helen,
You ask if I regret our engagement.
No. I regret every minute that you're out of my sight. I regret every step that doesn't bring me closer to you.
My last thought each night is that you should be in my arms. There is no peace or pleasure in my empty bed, where I sleep with you only in dreams and wake to curse the dawn.
If I had the right, I would forbid you to go anywhere without me. Not out of selfishness, but because being apart from you is like trying to live without breathing.
Think on that. You've stolen my very breath, cariad. And now I'm left to count the days until I take it back from you, kiss by kiss.
Winterborne”
35 likes
“Every time you look at me, you'll remember that I'm half his."
"No." His hand came to the side of her face, his thumb wiping her tears. "You're all mine." His voice was deep and shaken. "Every hair on your head. Every part of you was made to be loved by me.”
33 likes