Start by marking “The Sheriff Meets His Match (Wounded Hearts #4)” as Want to Read:
The Sheriff Meets His Match (Wounded Hearts #4)

The Sheriff Meets His Match

(Wounded Hearts #3.5)

When a jaded sheriff is drawn to an exasperating woman in trouble, anything can happen

Laurel Thomas is tired of experiencing life from the outside looking in. She likes the warm welcome she's received in Tidal Falls and wants to make a home in this friendly little town, far away from her egocentric family. But when her uncle arrives, the past catches up to her.

Jack
Published September 29th 2015 (first published September 22nd 2015)

To ask other readers questions about The Sheriff Meets His Match, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Sheriff Meets His Match

Start your review of The Sheriff Meets His Match (Wounded Hearts #4)
Coco.V
Feb 19, 2019 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
FREE on Amazon today (2/19/2019)! ...more
Jacquie
Sep 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Jack Garrett has been stung by love in the past so he's not in a hurry to get burnt again, but he can't deny his attraction to the new receptionist, Laurel Thomas.
When trouble comes to Tidal Falls, Jack worries that Laurel is in over her head.
Laurel loves her dysfunctional family but dreams of a place to call home. Just as she settles into a new life, her old one catches up to her and delivers chaos to the town.
Can these two strong personalities find a way to trust in each other and find their
Jacqui
Nov 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Sheriff Jack Garrett, the hero of Jacquie Biggar's The Sheriff Meets His Match (Wavefront Publishing 2015), Book 4 of the Wounded Hearts series, has no time for love. He is barely over a nasty divorce, trying to raise a challenging teenage daughter, and then there are his regular duties as Sheriff of Tidal Falls. Well, maybe he’s not over his divorce. He's still hurt, angry, and struggling to get back to where he was before it all happened. It helps that he's a hunk and has any number of women ...more
Jacqui Nelson
Sep 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Who could possibly be the perfect match for Sheriff Jack Garrett, the steadfast pillar of a small west coast town like Tidal Falls? Enter Laurel Thomas, a woman on the run from her past in Florida. As soon as she shows up in Tidal Falls, she turns Jack’s meticulously organized world upside down with her disorganized ways, sexy looks and feisty humor. I'd been craving Jack's story every since I read about him in an earlier story in the Wounded Hearts series, and I wasn't disappointed! Ms Biggar's ...more
Ellen White
Dec 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Jack is the sheriff and busy racing his daughter. The new temp sheriff they hired was Laurel , an attraction for them and also brings her uncle which brings trouble. Sparks fly as soon as they meet, she is feisty, and turns his world upside down. A funny look at love, that neither wanted to admit to.
Cynthia
Apr 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved It

Another great love story that happens in Tidal Falls. Laurel came to take a receptionist job, little did she know it was for the sheriff. Jack has been raising his daughter alone but something about Laurel makes him think he can do a second chance at love.
Mae Clair
Jun 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
After reading Summer Lovin’, part of Biggar’s Wounded Heart series set in the fictional town of Tidal Falls, I immediately wanted to read The Sheriff Meets His Match which tells the story of Jack and Laurel, hinted about in Summer Lovin’. Laurel is a transplant from the sunshine state of Florida who takes the job of secretary to Tidal Falls hunky sheriff. Their attraction is quick and flirty, but complications arrive in the form of Laurel’s charismatic Uncle Max, and her cousin’s lowlife ...more
Barbara
Sep 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Ya just gotta love Jack.... Jack is the sexy sheriff in the town of Tidal Falls who has dedicated his life to his job and raising his daughter. You see, Jack's ex-wife took off and left him not only a broken man but a single man with a child to raise on his own. Needless to say Jack has closed off his heart to longterm relationships.

But when a sassy, totally disorganized yet gorgeous women, Laurel, comes to town and is given a temp job at the Sheriff's office, it test's Jack's ability to not
Jo-Ann Carson
Oct 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
The Sheriff Meets his Match is a Romantic Suspense novella, heavy on the romance, set in the small town of Tidal Falls. Ms. Biggar captures the warmth of the small community where family and friendship ties connect everyone and all the latest news can be found in the local diner called the Grits and Grace Café . But what really sets her writing apart is her understanding of people, her use of visceral details and her subtle sense of humor.
The beautiful and fun loving heroine, Laurel takes a
Michelle
Sep 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I was given an advanced copy of this book in exchange for an honest review

Jack Garrett is the sheriff of Tidal Falls, WA where he lives a comfortable life with his teenage daughter.

Laurel Thomas, anxious to escape her past, her scam artist uncle and her cousins abusive, money hungry husband, leaves Florida and accepts a position standing in for her good friend Rebecca's Mom in Tidal Falls while she goes on a well deserved vacation. Little did she know she would be working for the sheriff.

Laurel
Connie
Dec 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
I received a complimentary copy of this book and I am voluntarily reviewing it.

I really liked this book. The characters were great and the plot was nicely developed. This is the first book that I have read from this author. I am going to have to go back and read this series from the beginning. The secondary characters who already had their story told seemed interesting as well. I love a good story and this one was. I highly recommend.
Becky
Mar 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Take a chance

I loved Jack and Laurel's story! It's a quirky, humorous read that involves family dynamics and the uncertainty of taking a second chance at love. Being from a small town myself, this one resonated.
Michelle Evans
Mar 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Sweet

What a great story! It had enough romance and action to leave you satisfied and happy at the end! I would definitely recommend this book for anyone!
Lynn Smith
Sep 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Sheriff Meets His Match

Jack avoided getting close to women. He had a teenage daughter to raise and had his heart ripped out already. Laurel was in town as a favor to a friend. Working for the sheriff's department. Jack can't get Laurel out of his mind but something fishy is going on when her uncle shows up in town.
Another great story in the series. Wish it had been longer.q
Meka L. Rascoe
Feb 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was a cute, funny, and sexy little story. I loved the characters, especially feisty Laurel and the honorable and sexy Sheriff Jack Garrett. I found myself laughing a lot at many of the interactions between Laurel and Jack. Even though it was short, this story had a little bit of everything: finding love the second time around, a hot law enforcement officer, a sassy heroine, loving family, (including a slick but funny and lovable uncle), and just enough suspense and danger. I loved it! ...more
Janet Hendricks
Mar 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Heartwarming, Fun Read

I think this is my first book by Jacquie Biggar, but it won't be my last. These characters are fun and caring, definitely the kind you'd like to meet in a small town. The story is a feel good story about a young woman with a dubious past who is looking for a home and a Sheriff with good reason to avoid falling in love. The heart wants what the heart wants and just maybe it will get it by the end of the story. Heartwarming read. It left me smiling. Enjoy!
Donna
Feb 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
Jack, the sheriff met his match when he hired Laurel as his secretary. Her dear uncle, Max was a con-artist and she has been involved in some of his shenanigans. Laurel is trying to go straight and leave crime behind her. However, Uncle Max comes to her new town and sets up another scam expecting her to take part. She refuses. Quite humorous trying to keep Jack unaware of Max and his schemes. I recommend The Sheriff Meets His Match by Jacquie Biggar.
Rosemary K
Oct 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this romantic novella. I loved the chemistry between the feisty Laurel Thomas and the rugged Sheriff Jack Garrett. The attraction is powerful. Unfortunately there are complications to their romance. Laurel's Uncle is a professional con man who wants her help run a scam. Also a violent man is after them to settle a score. The story is well written and filled with passion and suspense. I enjoyed the writing of Jacquie Biggar. Her characters are engaging. The dialogue is sharp and sassy ...more
Jackie L Branscum
Feb 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Small town life at its best

All she wanted was a family. But there were a lot of unexpected hiccups along the way to happiness. I loved this story and would recommend it to any romance lover.
Barbara Hackel
Feb 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A cute story about family and romance. When a temporary worker catches the boss's eye like nobody has for 15 years, it should be a great thing. But when the temp worker has an uncle who means everything to her, and that uncle is a con man, well it is a little more complicated because the boss is the Sheriff! Against all odds, the Sheriff is smitten by the temp, and in spite of a long con right under his nose, he can't turn off his feelings.

When family means everything and you desperately want
Pat Christie
Feb 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Ebook

She’s been a part of a con artist family but wants out. She’s working for the sheriff when her uncle arrives. He’s in trouble.
MRS SHARON
Jun 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Hot n steamy short story

Get caught up in this hot n steamy small town love story.
Laurel fancies Sheriff Jack
Sheriff Jack fancies Laurel.
Each try to fight against the attraction growing between them, But when they get thrown together literally they realise it's not just wanting lust but they've falling in love with each other.
Dan Colee
Jun 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
You never know when you will fall for some one!!

Very good and interesting characters. The story was believable and had you trying to figure what comes next.
I really liked that it wasn't a tragedy.There was drama, with enough mystery to keep you interested, but not so much that people were hurt or killed.
Would recommend HIGHlY to everyone, just a good read with a little of everything..
N.N. Light
Jack Garrett is the sheriff in Tidal Falls and he’s seen his fair share of heartbreak. After his wife left him and his daughter, he vowed never to let it happen again. But one look at his new receptionist in her killer red heels, he knew he was in trouble.

Laurel has a serious case of wanting to escape her dysfunctional family, so much so that she up and moved from Florida to Tidal Falls to flee. But like a persistent itch, her uncle finds her and disrupts her happy life. He’s got his eye on an
Stacey
May 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
this book was gifted to me as a gift . and i also used KU thru the box set love conquers all .
so what happens when the fill in for your normal receptionist is someone who is not qualified . but still there is something about her that draws you in . but what happens when her past and her family come to the small town of Tidal Falls will she be able to stay in Tidal Falls or leave the one man who makes her heart race and keeps her on her toes as he does her . also stay tuned for book five which
Candy Laine
Mar 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
When Jared came and snagged up Sara from Jack in Book 3 of the Wounded Heart series I was feeling bad for the sheriff who just couldn't seem to catch a break. Then Laurel with the fantastic shoes and fashion sense gave me hope. As expected the fiery Laurel is in every way a match to the stern Jack. As he admits to himself life with her is not ever going to be boring.

Add in her rather colourful past with Uncle Mike and Jack's already complicated life with a teenage daughter in tow becomes even
Isa LaCroqueuseDeLivres
***ARC kindly provided by the author, in exchange for an honest review***

What a sweet story!

We have Jack, the sheriff, aka The Law and Order, and then we have Laurel, new in town, aka disorganization and trouble
What could we expect when two opposites are attracted? Sparks, because of the banter, the unsolved sexual tension, and their own past/demons.

Short stories are hard to tell in very few pages, and can be rushed because of their length but in this case I connected with the
Beth
Oct 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
Finally found his match!!

I am a huge Tidal Falls/Wounded Hearts series fan and have looked forward to Jack's story! I enjoyed the story, however with it being a novella, I missed the depth of story and character development that comes with a full length novel. I felt the story was rushed and a bit disjointed at times, again, in my opinion, due to it being a novella. Still, it's a fun story and it was fun watching Jack fall!! I love this series and Ms. Biggar's work!!
I received an ARC in
Sandy Bartles
Oct 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this fourth book in the Wounded Hearts series. It is the first book I have read in the series and and I felt it would have been better to have began with Book One. This is the story of Sheriff Jack Garrett and his new secretary, Laurel Thomas. There are a lot of laughs and a couple of scary moments when her scam artist Uncle Max shows up in town. If you have read the other books in this series, you won't want to miss this one!
Stephanie
Dec 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This author is an auto-buy for me. Each of her novels including this one is a perfect mix of angst, suspense, humor, and steaminess. This is a stand alone, but many of the characters from the Tidal Falls series make an appearance. I loved the premise of this story and the characters that brought it to life. Anxiously waiting the next one.
The MFRW Book Place: 9 Oct 2016 - The Sheriff meets his Match 2 1 Oct 09, 2016 10:16AM

• Discovering the Doctor (Masterson County, #2)
  • Imperfect Justice (Cowboy Justice Association, #6)
  • Claiming Sarah (Ace Security, #5)
  • Fiancé for the Night (One Night to Forever #1)
  • The Boss's Fiance : The Complete 5-Books Romance Series
  • Brody's Vow (Colebrook Siblings Trilogy, #1)
  • The Billionaire's Secret Marriage (The Limitless Clean Billionaire Romance Series #1)
  • Sarah's Surrender (Ranchers of Chatum County, #2)
  • Her Adoring SEAL (Midnight Delta, #3)
  • The Rancher's Virgin Acquisition
  • Denied (Southern Alphas, #4)
  • Mr. Accidental Hero (Jet City Matchmaker, #1)
  • Smart, Sexy and Secretive (The Reed Brothers, #2)
  • Logan's Outlaw (Men of Defiance Book 4)
  • Ruined (His For A Week, #5)
  • Wildfire Unicorn (Fire & Rescue Shifters: Wildfire Crew #2)
  • Spring Texas Bride (The Brides of Bliss Texas, #1)
  • Bound to Danger (Deadly Ops, #2)
My name is Jacquie Biggar. When I’m not acting like a total klutz I am a wife, mother of one, grandmother, and a butler to my calico cat.
My guilty pleasure are reality tv shows like Amazing Race and The Voice. I can be found every Monday night in my armchair plastered to the television laughing at Blake and Adam’s shenanigans.
I love to hang at the beach with DH (darling hubby) taking pictures or

Wounded Hearts (4 books)
  • Tidal Falls (Wounded Hearts, #1)
  • The Rebel's Redemption (Wounded Hearts, #2)
  • Twilight's Encore (Wounded Hearts #3)
  • Maggie's Revenge
“Are you going to answer me?” That voice. The deep, dark, mesmerizing timbre of his voice had featured in more than a few of Laurel’s overnight fantasies of late. Combine that with a body built like a tank and a set of handcuffs and… “Miss Thomas.” 1 likes
“Love. Jack almost choked on his lukewarm coffee. He had serious doubts such an animal truly existed. It certainly hadn’t in his case. Even his brother Ty had only recently found his mate, Katy Fowler, after a ten-year separation and a near death experience. If that’s what it took to have a warm body in his bed, he’d pass.” 0 likes