Start by marking “A Wicked Truth (Cady Delafield #3)” as Want to Read:
A Wicked Truth (Cady Delafield #3)

A Wicked Truth

(Cady Delafield #3)

The wedding date is set, and life is magical for Doyle Flanagan and Cady Delafield. Yet trouble has a way of finding these two. Honor bound to repay an old debt, Doyle agrees to help a friend find her sister. As he searches for the girl, painful memories surface, stunning Cady when she discovers facts about Doyle’s hidden past.
In spite of incredible odds, Cady and Doyle’s
Published September 7th 2015 by Champagne Books

To ask other readers questions about A Wicked Truth, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Wicked Truth

Claire - The Coffeeholic Bookworm
This historical fiction slash mystery suspense got me up all night. My eyes got wide from the moment I read the bloody prologue and continued to feel nervous as the chapters progressed.

Cady Delafield was a force, a paradox. At first, I didn’t understand how and why she had chosen to be a martyr, to accept whatever dirty little secrets her betrothed Doyle Flannagan was hiding. (Maybe it had to do with the fact that I wasn’t able to read the first book in the series).
Nevertheless, Cady had grown o
Alyson LaBarge
Sep 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Review:

A Wicked Truth might be called a good old 'Who Done It'. While on the surface the story is about Cady and Doyle 's preparations for their upcoming nuptials, Doyle is doing a favor for a friend, trying to find a missing sister. In the process, this digs up all kinds of things in Doyle's past that are best left buried. Cady handles it all with much more grace than I would, even now when I'm supposed to be 'wise' and 'mature' although at some points I'm not sure I wouldn't have said, 'See ya
Kelli
Nov 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
Young girls are being kidnapped into a brothel to service Chicago’s elite. When someone from Doyle Flanagan’s past requests his assistance, he becomes a reluctant detective into the seedy underworld of human trafficking, brothels, and cover-ups. When Cady’s sister becomes a victim, time is running out to solve the crime. Is it revenge against Doyle or happenstance? Overall, I thoroughly enjoyed this book. It is, by far, my favorite out of the series. It truly stands on its own and would not requ ...more
Brenda Whiteside
Dec 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is the 3rd book in the series I've read and again I was not disappointed. Now the couple have set their wedding date, but it doesn't go smoothly. Doyle and Cady are such an interesting couple. Ms Proell is so good at characterizations for the time period. I think that is the first reason I love these books. But the mystery will keep you turning the pages.
Wall-to-wall books - wendy
Sep 08, 2015 rated it really liked it
Very well done! This story earned my interest right away and kept it all the way through. It was very suspenseful and a little sad in parts, but kept me wanting to read.
I love that is was a historical mystery (1800's, set in Chicago). I always love a good historical story!

The character development was done very well. I really grew to know and like most of the characters (some you weren't suppose to like). The author stayed true to the historical time period. The characters really felt like they
Julia Damatto
Oct 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Set in 1800's Chicago, A Wicked Truth is a romantic mystery full of twists and turns.
The story grabs you and keeps you turning page after page until you realize that it is over.
Cady is an intriguing character, at first I didn't like her, I felt her too weak and condoning with Doyle, until she starts developing her own voice and it's a pretty one. Doyle is a complex character, full of secrets and a troubled past. Both have great chemistry, they are a handsome couple.
Regarding the plot, the storyl
Shaunta
Oct 09, 2015 rated it liked it
This book was set back in the late 18oo's though at times I really felt as though the setting of the book could have been modern times. Older terms were used and some older morals embedded that made it attempt the feel of years past but I didn't honestly feel as though I was transported to that time. I did like that there was a lot of mystery integrated in the book so that it kept you interested and wondering what was going to happen. Based on content this book is for an mature audience of 18+. ...more
Peggy
Oct 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
A well thought out book that will have you turning the pages and finishing this book before you realize it. Not really sure how to classify this book with the mystery that it holds. The story plot is very intriguing that it sucks you in right from the start... so get ready when you start, there really isn't much of a chance to put it down. One thing I have learned also regarding this book is that it's the 3rd of the series... so now it's time to back track and catch up!

*Received for an honest re
InD'tale Magazine
4.5/5.0

Though not immediately obvious to the reader, this is a continuing series with Cady and Doyle and their adventures. Unlike other tales, there is no information dumping and no holes left by references to previous events

Read full review in the 2015 November issue of InD'tale Magazine.
Dana Matthews
Elizabeth Cohen
Jan 24, 2019
Mary
Feb 01, 2019
After bearing witness to countless extraordinary stories as a mental health therapist and social worker, Joyce Proell quit to pen her own made-up tales. The worlds of historical romance and romantic suspense are her bailiwick. Her books feature strong, lively women, unafraid to challenge the status quo, and the men they love. She is the 2015 RWA Hearts through History winner.

In addition to writin

Cady Delafield (3 books)
  • A Deadly Truth (A Cady Delafield Mystery #1)
  • A Burning Truth (Cady Delafield, #2)