Start by marking “The Accidental Boyfriend (Chance Romance #2)” as Want to Read:
The Accidental Boyfriend (Chance Romance #2)

The Accidental Boyfriend

(Chance Romance #2)

What do you do when Mr. Right seems oh-so-wrong?

Holly Sinclair is ready to have it all. She's even found her Mr. Right--a steady, reliable guy who just needs a little convincing. Now all the former wild child has to do is free herself of her very inconvenient attraction to Jack Everett. Not only does the notorious playboy and tabloid king seduce her at her sister's wedding
Published May 24th 2016 by Lyrical Shine

To ask other readers questions about The Accidental Boyfriend, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Accidental Boyfriend

Beth
Mar 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
Fun, feisty and entertaining, The Accidental Boyfriend takes you Paris, not Texas, and back.

Holly is ready to face life by making her best friend fall in love with her. She jumps on a plane and sets out find him on a business trip in Paris, France. It just so happens her friend/hopeful Mr. Right is in Paris Texas leaving stuck in the city of love alone.

Jack has a thing for Holly but he has a serious condition of commitment-phobia. On the request of his friends and Holly's family, he jumps on a p
Alyse
May 23, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
The Accidental Boyfriend is the first book that I've read by Maggie Dallen. Apparently, this is also part of a series but can be read as a standalone. Maybe if I had read the other books in the series I would have enjoyed this book more. Because as it stands, I found these characters pretty annoying and "woe-is-me" throughout.

And for someone who whats to have a real relationship with her "Mr. Right", Holly sure didn't think about him while she was hooking up with Jack.

RATING: 2 out of 5

**I rece
Julie

description

I found out after I read The Accidental Boyfriend that there is actually a book that comes before it. I had no idea that it was in a series! It's certainly not touted as one on Goodreads or Amazon for that matter. That would have been good to know! While this one is a stand-alone, I'm sure that the story would have been amplified if I had read the first one. I would suggest that if you're interested in this one that you read The Accidental Engagement first. Just a thought.

The Accidental Boyfrie
Tifferz
Mar 08, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: jd-read
2.5 Stars, 2 Flames
Holly Sinclair aka Holiday is not one for committing or staying in one place too long; hence the nickname everyone gave her. Yet when tragedy strikes Holly takes a good, long look at her life. She now wants nothing more than to settle down and start a family. However, the man she has chosen will never see her as more than a friend.
Sounds quite contradictory, right? Do not get me wrong there were many great things about this book that had me turning the pages. Then there were o
Shabana Mukhtar

Plot:

The book is about Jack and Holly, and their struggle with their inability to
commit to a relationship.

Review:

The book is about Jack and Holly, both are unwilling to commit. Jack
acknowledges it bravely. Holly, however, comes up with a plan to find the
person to settle with (her best friend Benjamin) and make him realize that they
are made for each other. Great plan, right?
Of course not.
She chases Benjamin to wrong Paris, where Jack comes to rescue, coz Holly
has an over-protective fami

Terri
Apr 18, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
review also found at http://kristineandterri.blogspot.ca/2...

I received an advanced copy of this book from the publisher via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review. The expected publication date is May 24, 206.

This story is part of a really cute series however can be read as a stand alone. I did have the opportunity to read the previous story The Accidental Engagement so I was excited to read this one.

This story is every girls guilty pleasure. What can be better than a love story that take p
Mindy Lou's Book Review
May 17, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016
This was a really cute story. You got two flighty people with a fear of commitment, however, Holly thinks she wants to settle down. The only problem is she thinks her BFF is the one she should settle for. Holly meets Jack at her sisters wedding and there is an instant connection but since he's a notorious playboy, Holly tries to stay away from him in favor of Benjamin, the reliable, steadfast BFF. This probably sounds like a love triangle but it really isn't. Benjamin isn't interested in settlin ...more
Dee/ bookworm
Mar 21, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is actually book two in the series by Maggie Dallen, The Accidental Engagement being the first. It was nice to see where Ivy and Daniel's relationship was, but other than that this novel is pretty stand alone. I know if you had not read the first you would feel like Holly and Jack had a moment in the first novel, but really this one brings you up to speed. Other than meeting and a kiss, there is really not much in the first book for these two, other than getting to know Jack better.

Holly w
Karen
Mar 18, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
All the elements for a wicked romance in the city of Paris between a delusional, Holly and commitment phobia, Jack. The characters are well developed and though I did not read the first in the series I felt this stood well on its own merit. It does tempt me to read the first one knowing how I like the romance of great looking rich hunks in foreign countries. hmmm, yeah!!
Dilushani Jayalath
Kindly received an ARC from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review

A story set in the city of love, and I'm talking about the France kind, not the Texas ;)

A world-wind romance set in two of the most romantic cities, Paris and Tuscany. I could almost imagine the whole scenario playing out and I so badly wanted to be in Tuscany or Paris while reading it. My dream to go to Paris doubled over while reading the story.

Holly and Jack were a cute couple. Their attraction was palpable from the begi
Jenn Cunha
Aug 28, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc-netgalley
Received an ARC for an honest review.

A quick, adorable read...even if I wanted to knock some sense into Holly a few times. She has it set in her mind that she should settle down and has the perfect guy in mind...and he's nothing like Jack who is a total playboy. Fate keeps throwing these two together though, and before you know it, the chemistry is more than Holly's best laid plans can contend with.

Cute with a touch of heat and you get to know enough about the characters to really care about the
Jeff Crosby
The slush continues to appeal.
Char (1RadReader59)
When Holly Sinclair was met with a life changing crisis it made her look at her life style differently. You see ever since she turned 18 she had been traveling all over the world having wonderful fulfilling experiences. She did however go to college and got her teacher’s degree and did that in some of the place as means to help her live. But she only did it for short term subbing jobs in all types of schools.
Her family as well as her best friend not to mention her ex-boyfriend never approved
Sandra
Jun 01, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 Stars

I just recently got home from Paris, so I was super excited to read the latest from Maggie Dallen, The Accidental Boyfriend, book two in her A Chance Romance series. It was fun to revisit the sounds and smells of this romantic city as Jack Everett and Holly Sinclair found that sometimes what you think you want and what you need are two very different things. And, while The Accidental Boyfriend revisits characters and events from book one, The Accidental Engagement, Dallen does a nice jo
Samantha Bilodeau
Let me start out by saying that I really like Jack, the male lead here. I had read "The Accidental Engagement" before reading this, and even with just the small glimpse you get of who he is, you can't help but like him. In this book, you get to know him for more than just an intelligent playboy and see him for who he actually is: a sweetheart who is also funny and sexy.

This story has one of my favorite type of male leads: the guy who sells himself short and doesn't realize how awesome he is. I s
Crystal
Feb 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017
Loved this kind of enemies to lovers book. They were more afraid of each other than hating each other, and it was fun to watch them accept their HEA.
Jin
Mar 16, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016, netgalley
Thanks to Netgalley and Kensington for my ARC

I read Maggie Dallen's first book Accidental Engagement and I enjoy that book.
I remember reading about Jack as playboy and Holly, Ivy's free spirited sister.. I enjoyed reading about Jack and Holly.

Jack and Holly are afraid of commitment. Both loves to live at the moment too much to settle down. Holly and Jack were photographed kissing each other and it landed on gossip page. Both met at Ivy and Daniel's wedding and they had a wonderful time and sh
Sherin
Mar 15, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
My first book by by Maggie Dallen, The Accidental Boyfriend was a treat. I am going to grab the other book from the series and her other books to read ;).

This is the second book in the Chance Romance Series. I haven't read the previous book from the series, but I was able to follow the story pretty well. The characters from the first book Ivy and Daniel do make an appearance in this book, as well.

Now, I requested the book after seeing the cover and fell for the description - who doesn't love a
Jennifer Hines
May 11, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
**3.5 Fiery Hearts!**

*I received an ARC of this book free from Kensington Books via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review*

Holly is fun and caring, but she definitely has something wrong with her head because the scenario she's mapped out as her wannabe life is just plain insane. I mean it's like she's trying to put the square peg in the round hole. She may want the two point five kids and the white picket fence, but sometimes things happen on their own and cannot be forced no matter how har
Miriam
Aug 01, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: contemporary
Holly's a reformed free spirit who's ready to settle down and live the ideal life everyone thinks she should. Jack's the male version of Holly except he's not ready to settle down for anything. Except maybe Holly.

I liked Jack. He's the quintessential carefree bachelor who's finally met the one woman who makes him consider giving up his current lifestyle because he knows what they could have together would be infinitely better. He sees nothing wrong with Holly. Her free spirit appeals to him.

Jack
Jennifer Craig
May 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
After being introduced to Jack and Holly in An Accidental Engagement, I was glad to see them get their own story.

Holly has impulsively jetted off to Paris, France in an effort to surprise Benjamin, the man she believes she should spend the rest of her life with. The problem is, he is at a conference in Paris, Texas, not France. When her sister Ivy realizes that Holly is in Paris with no phone or agenda, her friend Jack volunteers to go to Paris and track down Holly so that he can get her the me
Stacy Sabala
Jun 05, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
Book Review- The Accidental Boyfriend by Maggie Dallen

Holly wants to settle down and be stable. She believes her best friend Benjamin is the man for her. He doesn’t seem to be inclined to jump in that direction anytime soon. So Holly decides to take matters into her own hands. She follows him to Paris.
Jack can’t get Holly out of his mind. He volunteers to go the Paris to find her. It doesn’t take long to find her. She is shocked to see him and is confused about why he is here. They both believe
J
Mar 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I am excited to have found a new author to add to my favorites list. I loved this book. It was a quick, sweet, and enjoyable read. Jack and Holly both started out flighty and so unsure of themselves. I enjoyed watching their growth and nailing down what they really wanted in life but staying true to their free spirit personalities. I loved the sections with Jack's point of view. His internal dialogue often made me laugh. Although I sometimes wanted to shake Holly I could see where she was coming ...more
P Leslie
I got this book from net gallery for an honest review.

This book was definitely a good read and I enjoyed it.

I haven't read the first book in this series but you get the gist of what happens in the first in regards to Holly and Jack sharing an intense, passionate moment. Holly is drawn to Jack but she wants Ben who is her best friend.

When Ben says he's going Paris, she attempts to make a romantic gesture by flying out to Paris. However, she ends up in the wrong Paris. Jack comes to find her and
Beyond the Pages
Quick Summary: Quirky and awkward

Review: The Accidental Boyfriend was a rather difficult read for me. I had to push myself a few times to keep going. It was hard to connect with the characters, especially the female lead. I did not like her wish washy tendencies. It seemed like she was so busy trying to prove herself that she lost who she was. She came across as inconsistent and flaky. Regarding Jack, I could not see how someone so brilliant could be so clueless when it came to knowing self.

A
Danielle from Short and Sassy
I wish I read the first book in this series before I read this one. To be honest, it would have made me like this book better. I was a little behind on the story of Jack and Holly. I wanted to love them them, an could have, if I had a little back story.

Jack and Holly had met in book one, and already had an established relationship in book 2.

Holly wants to be married and have kids with the perfect man, and it is not Jack. Her choice is her old boyfriend. She is convinced they would be together
Wendy Gibson
Apr 03, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc-books, netgalley
Note: I received an ARC for this book in exchange for an honest review.

I was pleasantly surprised to realize that I had read the author's first book before this one. Everything from the first story, about all of the characters, came flooding back and made it all the more fun to read. I should point out, however, that the reader does NOT need to read both books to have an understanding or an appreciation of this one! It's perfect as a standalone and can be enjoyed as such.

Jack and Holly were so c
Bette Hansen
Apr 27, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Awesome! This is a fun, sassy, light read that was completely entertaining. Reformed wild girl Holly Sinclair is ready to settle down and she's found the perfect guy. He's reliable, kind and maybe a bit boring but you can't have everything right? She's off to Paris to find him to convince him how right they'd be together. Too bad he's in Paris, TX and not France like Holly is!! And why exactly is Jack Evertt in Paris looking for her??? She's worked hard at getting over her attraction to the bad ...more
Lissa
Apr 24, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley-books
This was a short fun romance about two people who are trying to come to terms with who they are as grownups. Jack is a famous businessman and playboy who shared a memorable kiss with Holly at her sister's wedding. While he does not want the complications that come with the relationship, he can't stop thinking of her. He ends up with her in Paris and their attraction grows. While fun to read, it does have a lot of the tropes of any contemporary romance novel that kept it from really standing out. ...more
Juli
Mar 20, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition

• Never Let Go
  • Dangerous
  • A Crown of Bitter Orange (La Vie en Roses, #3)
  • Almost Jamie (The Jet City Kilt Series, #1)
  • Night Sins
  • Surrender
  • Pass Interference (Game On, #3)
  • Snow White and the Vampire (The Cursed Princes, #2)
  • Wilde Thing (Born to Be Wilde, #3)
  • Getting Lucky (Nugget, #5)
  • So Wrong It Must Be Right (Gallagher & Ivy #1)
  • One Week in Your Arms (Love Heals All #1)
  • Veronica Mars: The Movie Script
  • Chase (Hot Rides, #3)
  • The Sea Witch  (The Era of Villains, #1)
  • Our Broken Sky (Chaos Theory, #1.5)
  • The Tycoon and the Texan
  • Ride 'Em (Giddyup, #1)

Chance Romance (3 books)
  • The Accidental Engagement (Chance Romance, #1)
  • The Accidental Elopement (Chance Romance #3)