Start by marking “Among the Debris (Son of Rain, #2)” as Want to Read:
Among the Debris (Son of Rain, #2)

Among the Debris (Son of Rain #2)

4.8  ·  Rating details ·  15 Ratings  ·  12 Reviews
Love is always enchanting, but is he under a spell? Only weeks after their reunion, Clay Jacobs is torn from his lover’s side by a tragic fire.

Left alone to deal with the loss of his love while mourning the death of a family member, Clay’s certainty in Evie Meyers’s innocence falters. His doubt leads him to wonder whether he was caught in a web of enchantment laid by the
Kindle Edition
Published October 31st 2015 by Bottom Drawer Publications

To ask other readers questions about Among the Debris, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Among the Debris

Kristy
Oct 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
With the way book 1 'Besieged by Rain' ended, then book 2 of Evie's series "Daughter of Fire" ended, I couldn't wait to start book 2 'Among the Debris'. But then a phone update had me unable to read anything for over 24 hours, it was pure torture, so this morning, once I knew everything was working again I started reading 'Among the Debris' & was instantly enthralled! Being captured in the events surrounding Clay's life away from Evie as well as with Evie. 'Among the Debris' is book 2 in Mic ...more
Demelza Carlton
*I received an ARC in exchange for an honest review* ...but who am I kidding? I asked for it because I didn't want to wait for release day to read it.

This is a particularly complex story - even more so, as it's half of the events told from Clay's perspective, when I've already read Evie's account of these events in Rise From Ash.

It's not repetitive - Clay's story involved adventures that are distinctly different from Evie's, as his conflict is with his family and his own better judgement as ev
Diary of a Book Addict
I received an arc for an honest review.

Among the Debris is book 2 in the Son of Rain Series and is a companion series that runs parallel to the Daughter of Fire Series. The Daughter of Fire Series follows Evie Meyers, a not so normal girl, whereas the Son of Rain series follows Clay Jacobs, a soldier of 'The Rain' who is tasked with ridding the earth of anything that is not 100% human.

When I first learnt that there were going to be two series' running parallel, I was a bit sceptical. I was think
Romance Between The Sheets
Please note this review may contain spoilers.

Clay and Evie are finally reunited, but their reunion is short lived when Clay’s family tracks them down and tears them apart again. This time it’s Evie who’s running, leaving Clay alone, miserable and confused as to why she ran. Despite his conflicting emotions, he remains disenchanted with his family and the Rain and wants nothing to do with any of them. But he still needs information, so he convinces his family that he needs to get away to re-evalu
Alison
Nov 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5 Stars!!!

I was given this book in turn for an honest review.

Clay and Evie reunite; only for Clay's family to rip them apart, again! With his mind unable to find peace, Clay sets out to find the truth about Evie and her existence. Will the truth tear them apart or give Clay renewed reason to fight for the woman he loves?

Michelle Irwin blew me away with Among the Debris; she has an outstanding talent of writing a story from another POV, whilst keeping the reader captivated and giving the story
Karen Harper
Nov 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
There may be a few spoilers in my review so if you haven’t read the first two books in the Daughter of Fire series or the first book in the Son of Rain series, stop reading now. I don’t want to spoil them for you.
Evie and Clay are still in love, but they’re also on the run. But they’re not trying to escape supernatural creatures that may do them harm. They’re trying to escape Clay’s family who want Evie dead or, worse still, they want to torture her before killing her.
Now I will admit there ar
Jacky
Oct 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Clay Jacobs and Evie Meyers are on the run. Together. Being hunted is almost worth it, so long as that remains true. It’s too much to hope that it can last.

Only weeks after their reunion in Salem, his family strikes, and Clay is torn from his lover’s arms once again. Alone, his certainty in their love falters. Everything he thought was true is called into question. Could his family be right? Could he have been caught in Evie’s spell?

Clay’s obsession with finding the truth leads him on a hunt acr
Peggy
Nov 06, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
**SPOILER FREE***

Another outside of my norm reading and let's just say this book is well worth it! Even though it's more paranormal type of read it still has the mystery feel to it as well! If you haven't yet, this is the time to snatch up this book and read it!

*Received for an honest review*
Kat
*** Gifted by the publisher for an honest review ***

This series is a companion series of Michelle Irwin's The Through the Fire which was the first to come out really intrigued me, with the premise of a Phoenix Supe, and the boy who has been brought up to kill all Supe's who falls in love with Evie, the Phoenix.

Its best to read them alternating, they follow the same story-line told in each of the characters POV, but they are not particularly repetitive because other than the times that the couple
David Duncan
Aug 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Teens thru adults
Recommended to David by: Goodreads
Shelves: first-reads
Among The Debris, by Michelle Irwin, is my one hundred and fifty - eighth book that I have received and read from Goodreads. This is my first book that I have read from this author. I will be getting the first book in this series.
The story starts out with Clay Jacobs and Evie Meyers on the run from Clays family. Evie and Clay are in love and all they want is to be happy togeather. Their reunion is short lived when Clays family tracks them down and tears them apart again. Evie is on the run again
Ashley Marie
Dec 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I always LOVE reading about what Clay is up to after Evie's depressing journeys. I love how these series intertwine, but what an abrupt end! I know what happens next, but I want more from Clay's POV. Since Clay is part of the Rain I'm always curious to see what adventure or creature will come along next. And I was not disappointed. I loved the Boo Hag with arthmomania, I also loved Toni! I hope to hear more from her in the next books, and the Fae. What is Evie's ex fae lover up to these days?

''S
Flora Viggiano
Oct 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
After losing each other again, Clay and Evie come together in Salem at a witches convention. Rain is there to “save” the world of non-humans and kill innocent women. Clay loves Evie but when he is with his family again he questions Evie. Did she bewitch him? Could his family have been right all along?

In order to find the truth of his obsession he searches around the world to prove he was being lied to from his girl or his family. It is a journey to find Evie’s true nature but it seems getting a
Hannah Annear
Kathy Heare Watts
Pam Mooney
  • Kitsune: A Little Mermaid Retelling
  • Blind Lust
  • Ocean's Justice (Ocean's Gift - Turbulence and Triumph Series, #1)
  • The Waking Serpent (The Fearless, #3)
  • Awakening (The Twins Of Saranthium, #1)
  • Between (Dark Intent, #1)
  • Unicorn Western: Full Saga
  • Keeping Katie
  • Downfall (Incorruptibles, #1)
  • Iron William and the Carpenter's Tears
  • Chaos Bound (Chronicles from the Applecross #2)
  • Drifting Sands (The Warfield Hotel Mysteries, #1)
  • The Riddle of Prague (The QuickSilver Legacy Series) (Volume 1)
  • Iron Mike
  • Beasthood (The Hidden Blood Series, #1)
  • The Wolves of Paris
  • Against the Ropes
  • Love on the Run
Purveyor of words. Creator of worlds. Destroyer of feels.

Once upon a time, Michelle worked in a dreary office with only the voices in her head for company. Now, the voices in her head are characters on the page who will break your heart, lift your spirit, and make you feel like you have found new friends.
More about Michelle Irwin

Son of Rain (4 books)
  • Besieged by Rain (Son of Rain, #1)
  • Court the Fire (Son of Rain, #3)
  • Living with Embers (Son of Rain, #4)

Fantasy & Science Fiction Deals

• Paradise Lost (The Vampire Diaries; Evensong, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Obsidian Curse (A Stacy Justice Mystery #5)
  • A History of Glitter and Blood
    $13.99 $1.99
  • Bloodstone (A Stacy Justice Mystery, #2)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Steeplejack (Steeplejack #1)
    $8.51 $2.99
  • Oz Reimagined: New Tales from the Emerald City and Beyond
  • Long May She Reign
    $8.99 $1.99
  • The Girl from Everywhere (The Girl From Everywhere, #1)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Song of Achilles
    $11.74 $1.99
  • Kushiel's Dart (Phèdre's Trilogy, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Sins of Empire (Gods of Blood and Powder, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Black Tuesday (Time Patrol)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Heart of Betrayal (The Remnant Chronicles, #2)
    $7.80 $2.99
  • The Rogue Queen (The Hundredth Queen, #3)
  • Cloaked in Red
  • Warrior's Revenge
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Fire and Bone (Otherborn, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Pale Queen Rising (Pale Queen, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Emerald Isle (A Stacy Justice Mystery #4)
  • The Elven
  • Children of the New World
    $9.99 $3.99
  • The Best of Robert E. Howard: Crimson Shadows (Volume 1)
    $13.99 $2.99
  • The Romeo Catchers (The Casquette Girls #2)
  • The Graveyard Book, Volume 1
    $8.99 $1.99
  • The Devil in Silver
    $11.99 $1.99
  • The Long Way to a Small, Angry Planet (Wayfarers, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Shadow Hunt (Disrupted Magic, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Last Girl (The Dominion Trilogy, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Quantum Thief (The Jean le Flambeur Series, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Beauty of Darkness (The Remnant Chronicles, #3)
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Starship Grifters (Rex Nihilo #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fields of Fire (Frontlines, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Changelings (The Twins of Petaybee, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Darwin Elevator (Dire Earth Cycle, #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Country of Ice Cream Star
    $8.74 $1.99
  • The Cottingley Secret
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Blood Gamble (Disrupted Magic, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • A Closed and Common Orbit (Wayfarers, #2)