Start by marking “Стартап за $100. Создай новое будущее, делая то, что ты любишь.” as Want to Read:
Стартап за $100. Создай новое будущее, делая то, что ты любишь.

Стартап за $100. Создай новое будущее, делая то, что ты любишь.

3.83  ·  Rating details ·  43,116 ratings  ·  1,501 reviews
Эта книга поможет вам изменить свою жизнь. В ней собраны рекомендации от тех, для кого собственное дело стало ключом к самореализации. Все ее герои, не обладая какими-либо специальными навыками, сумели превратить хобби в источник дохода и кардинально изменить свою жизнь, а взамен получили свободу и удовлетворение. Попробуйте начать с малого. На открытие своего дела потребу ...more
Published 2013 by Манн, Иванов и Фербер (first published May 24th 2012)

Dmitri Pisarenko I'd recommend you to think about how YOU can build a business along the ideas of the book, while reading it. When you think about how you can apply a…moreI'd recommend you to think about how YOU can build a business along the ideas of the book, while reading it. When you think about how you can apply a particular section of the book in your life, it suddenly becomes exciting.(less)
Adam Dude, you gotta get on and do the work. I think Guillebeau clearly states that this book more than anything is a collection of inspiring stories of…moreDude, you gotta get on and do the work. I think Guillebeau clearly states that this book more than anything is a collection of inspiring stories of those who were successful in their startup endeavors. I felt a lot of gratitude in these pages, these are all self-made men and women who rose from humble beginnings(less)

·  43,116 ratings  ·  1,501 reviews

Matthew Trinetti
Nov 10, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Thirteen Take-Aways from $100 Startup

1. When brainstorming business ideas, use the principle of Convergence.
"Convergence represents the intersection between something you especially like to do or are good at doing (preferably both) and what other people are also interested in."

2. Building a business structured around your desired lifestyle is possible.
Although it may seem like a pipe dream to most people working in corporate jobs, Chris shows this is possible. He identifies 1,500 individuals lik
Tami
Oct 07, 2012 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I really wanted to love this book. For being an inspirational title, I think it did already. It's gotten me to scheme about my grand plan to set myself free someday from working for others and start devising a business plan. However, I don't actually think reading it got me any closer to doing it.

The examples shared were lovely, but they're just quick snippets of what the person's business is. Telling me that John Doe quit his corporate job and now helps business people schedule vacations and pl
Mel Bradley
I am a big fan and follower of Chris Guillebeau, so my expectations for this book were a bit... high. It was a very quick read, but don't expect any big revelations or insider secrets here. This is a great glimpse into what is possible with a small investment, for people who have absolutely no experience in being an entrepreneur or online business owner. For everyone else, you'll find yourself rolling your eyes in quite a few places knowing that MOST of the story has been left out.

One of the mo
Dave Bolton
In the genre of "books that are actually long blog posts", this book really is the latest in "lean startup" type works, stripped back as far as it could go. Will anyone else in the lifestyle design/lean startup area be able to rip more meat from the bones of these ideas, leaving just a ten bullet point list?

Also, the case studies were not very useful -- very lightweight anecdotes.

It's not completely without value, but I don't personally know anyone I could recommend it for.
Jim Razinha
First: my wife bought this, read it and liked it. She wanted me to read it. So I did. I found 15% substance, 83% anecdote (examples, case studies, choose your definition), and 2% vapor. Needs more "how" to be really useful, and Guillebeau shortchanged the "how" he did write, though there were a couple of good resources found on his website...

Another thing irritated me: quotes obviously taken from some unsourced site like brainyquotes.com. Any discerning reader would immediately see that Karl Mar
Dorothy R
Apr 23, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
From my Amazon Review:

"The $100 Startup" is a book that primarily focuses on moving past the barriers that we and others place in front of our desires. These barriers (not enough money, knowledge, experience, demand, etc.)make it easy for us to not go into business. Not going into business allows us not to fail. However, this self-protective instinct automatically allows us not to succeed either. The book encourages a quick, no-holds barred start-up, because the leap is what is often the most d
Lee
Feb 17, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I think it' a good read. The $100 Startup shows up what's possible - but Guillebeau doens't really go further than that. The book can motivate you, but if you really want to know how to approach launching a startup, "Lean Startup" by Eric Ries (for the theory) and "Running Lean" by Ash Maurya (for applying the principle) are obligatory.
It didn't leave a lasting impression, but it's a good read nonetheless so i go with four stars.
Beth Lequeuvre
Jan 17, 2013 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
"The basics of starting a business are very simple;you don't need an MBA (keep the $60,000 tuition), venture capital or even a detailed plan. You just need a product or service, a group of people willing to pay for it, and a way to get paid. This can be broken down as follows:

1. Product or service: what you sell
2. People willing to pay for it: your customers
3. A way to get paid: how you'll exchange a product or service for money"

Seriously? First off it's bad enough that you thought any one who w
Phil
Jun 24, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Phil by: Michael Hanna
This was recommended to me by Michael Hanna, a former media colleague who now owns and runs The Mattress Lot in Portland. His story opens the book.

The $100 Startup is a very interesting and eye-opening read: many of the people featured just got going with something rather than giving it a great deal of advanced study.

The book would have benefited by going deeper into each story -- I wanted more about exactly HOW some of them got started, what obstacles they met along the way, and how they overc
Shog Al Maskery
Jan 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It's the kind of business book you want to read and learn from as much as you can, but at the same time take your time to apply all you have learnt. I definitely recommend it to everyone who wants to start up their business!
Farnoosh Brock
Apr 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: business-spirit
There's always a more perfect time in your life that you wish you had read the books that cross your path. This is how I fel about The $100 Startup - I wish I had read it - or rather, I wish Chris had written it - about 5 years ago when I was still stumbling around, lost and confused and disillusioned with Corporate America, and beyond discouraged about doing anything I could love.

The Corporate America culture is brilliant at shunning any ideas of creativity and innovation and certainly not enc
imane
May 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: self-help
“Catch a man a fish, and you can sell it to him. Teach a man to fish and you ruin a wonderful business opportunity” - Karl Marx.
Turn your knowledge into something valuable (products or services...) and sell it.
SooYoung
disclosure: i won a copy of the book from Chris Guillebeau's website/blog: Art of Non-Conformity of which I am a regular follower.

i was in the midst of my final days at work when i received the $100 Startup in the mail. i had quit my job because i was ready to 'take the bull by the horns,' so to speak and go freelance. this wasn't just about a job change, but a life change - i decided it was time for me to live my life the way i want, i wanted to "create a new future" as part of the book's subti
Cindy
Jul 15, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
When I first picked this book up, I thought it would be about how to start a small business on little or no money. That was not the case, and in fact, I wasn't sure I would even finish the entire book. But it turned out to be much more.

The $100 Start Up is really an inspiring guide to stepping out on your own, doing what you love, without fear, (your own, or)of what others might say. (You know who I'm talking about, the nay-sayers).

Throughout the book, the author interviews various entrepreneurs
Ahmad
Jul 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
very inspiring, well structured, simply great book.
Vaishali
Jul 24, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: self-improvement
A great review for those starting a business or in the midst of next-level expansion.

Pointers:
--------
"Focusing on these 2 questions will eliminate the need for outside consultants:
--- Is the business making money now ?
--- If not, what can we do to fix this now ?"

"There are only 3 things you need to start a business, and there’s no need to complicate this list :
--- Product or service
--- People willing to pay for your product or service
--- A way for them to pay you"

"Find something people want, an
Mel
Apr 19, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone considering starting a business
Recommended to Mel by: Chris Guillebeau
Shelves: reviewed
I would love to write a bunch of beautifully scripted words about this book, but it just would neither truly reflect this book nor do it justice. So, I will just make this as concise and straightforward as the book is.

I’ve spent a ton of time laboring through free video seminars of big names of people who live amazing lives, work from anywhere they wish to travel with that now so predictable “hook” to compel you to buy into their brand of “school” or “association” or “academy” etc. that cost tho
Dorai Thodla
I picked it up almost a year ago, read about half of it and forgot all about it. Recently, I had to make a couple of train trips and had plenty of time to read. So went back and finished it. It is not certainly one of those books that you can do in one sitting (see some of the other comments).

I like the book since I mingle and work with lots of entrepreneurs. I think it is a must read for every entrepreneur. More than the stories, the patterns of entrepreneurship are interesting.

1. How people
Michelle
May 22, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I wrote a huge review but then Goodreads ate it. Wanna start a business? Get this book. Don't want to start a business? Get this book. The only reason I didn't give the book 5 stars was because by the end I was feeling guilty for not having started a business by now. Read this immediately.
Alain Burrese
Oct 02, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
"The $100 Startup: Reinvent The Way You Make A Living, Do What You Love, And Create A New Future" by Chris Guillebeau is an interesting and informative book for those who are or want to be entrepreneurs. It is not about a specific business that you can start for $100, but rather a book about a new model of doing business that the author calls a microbusiness revolution, or a way of earning a good living while crafting a life of independence and purpose.

The two themes in the book are freedom and
Kelly
This book is written in the entrepreneurial spirit of trying to make a buck. That's the point of the whole book (about startup companies that people have created out of hobbies or necessities, turning their interest into profit)... but it makes for a little bit less-than-helpful reading. This is not an MBA crash course. It's more like an amalgamation of anecdotes about people who have managed to do this (including the author, through his, er, independent book sales). There's no magic formula her ...more
Vaiibhav Nigam
I would give 3/5 to this book. Would recommend to anyone who wants to get started with startups. Caution though - there is no hardcore detailed account of step by step guide for starting your own business that will make you the next big thing

Opinion: A very fresh and welcome read in the startup segment by Chris. What I loved about and what this book is definitely not compared to few other startup books that i have read is that this is not a professional scientific, clerical book on staartups whi
Sumit Ghosh
Mar 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-college
Regardless of it having a few flaws, I absolutely loved this book. Highly recommended.

This book resonated with me so well because it sells the idea of being a free soul and making a living through a small business (typically one-man). This idea of being a solopreneur, digital nomad, or whatever fancy name you call it, has been my biggest dream and drive for the last few years, and it fits very nicely with my personality.

Firstly, let's discuss the flaw this book has. I think it focuses too much o
Rosie Nguyễn
Apr 02, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Phew, finished this book finally after so much time. Just because I didn't concentrate to read it.

I followed Chris Guillebeau's blog a long time ago. Although I found some of his posts interesting, I was not totally impressed so I didn't care 100$ Startup when it was published.

The book came to me together with a set of another 3 books from an older friend, who recommended me to read startup books. And it was amazing. I found a lot of great tips to make my upcoming second book a best seller, hehe
Shiraz
Jun 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Chris was an awesome, fun, unique, honest, objective, helpful, hope giver, thought provoking person(author).
i loved his book.
i just loved it.
i'll read all of chris's work(God willing).

KEY POINT:
Do not think of what can you buy with your money,if you want something think of how you can get it.
You can make a real life product using small money.
Caffienated Optimist
This book is brilliant. I am a university student at the moment and I have always wanted to start my own business and expand to have multiple streams of income over time. I love this book. It has opened my mind to new possibilities that are within my reach. Firstly, it is such a risk to start a business by taking a loan. That does not help anyone. This book proves you do not have to go into debt to make a living. Chris Guillebeau is not trying to teach people how to make money, he is trying to h ...more
Vesna
Apr 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction
It's been several years since I've first heard about this book, and I can't be happier for having read it, finally, in 2019, when it was bound to have the greatest impact on me. In short: you have to be at a certain stage in life to get the most out of this book. I've taken dozens of notes from throughout the chapters and I'm definitely planning on using the "one-page plans", in different areas, in the near future. I've loved the small scale business examples and the friendly, let's-have-a-drink ...more
Gillian Kevern
Business advice for the non-business minded. Straightforward, smart, not at all intimidating.
Alaa
Nov 02, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: business
Repetitive but important.
Carissa
Apr 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I like this one a lot...I had started reading it before and wanted to go back to it. If you're trying to start a small business or side hustle, I've found his ideas helpful and practical.
Goodreads Librari...: Please add/update details 5 18 Mar 12, 2016 07:38AM
Business Book Worms: Book Club July 2013 1 15 Jun 26, 2013 06:17AM

• The Bootstrapper's Bible: How to Start and Build a Business with a Great Idea and (Almost) No Money
  • The Fire Starter Sessions: A Soulful + Practical Guide to Creating Success on Your Own Terms
  • The Education of Millionaires: It's Not What You Think and It's Not Too Late
  • The Referral Engine: Teaching Your Business to Market Itself
  • Platform: Get Noticed in a Noisy World
  • APE: Author, Publisher, Entrepreneur. How to Publish a Book
  • Hacking Your Education: Escape Lectures, Save Thousands, and Hustle Your Way to a Brighter Future
  • Career Renegade: How to Make a Great Living Doing What You Love
  • The Barefoot Executive: The Ultimate Guide for Being Your Own Boss and Achieving Financial Freedom
  • Making a Living Without a Job: Winning Ways for Creating Work That You Love
  • Dream Year: Make the Leap from a Job You Hate to a Life You Love
  • The Millionaire Messenger: Make a Difference and a Fortune Sharing Your Advice
  • Quitter: Closing the Gap Between Your Day Job and Your Dream Job
  • Start Your Own Business: The Only Book You'll Ever Need
  • The Knack: How Street-Smart Entrepreneurs Learn to Handle Whatever Comes Up
  • Startup Communities: Building an Entrepreneurial Ecosystem in Your City
  • Mindfire: Big Ideas for Curious Minds
  • Click Millionaires: Work Less, Live More with an Internet Business You Love
Chris Guillebeau is the New York Times bestselling author of The $100 Startup and other books. During a lifetime of self-employment, he visited every country in the world (193 in total) before his 35th birthday. Every summer in Portland, Oregon he hosts the World Domination Summit, a gathering of creative, remarkable people. Chris also hosts Side Hustle School, a popular podcast that is downloaded ...more
“Don’t waste your time living someone else’s life.” 9 likes
“value is created when a person makes something useful and shares it with the world.” 9 likes