Start by marking “Jaxson (River Pack Wolves, #1)” as Want to Read:
Jaxson (River Pack Wolves, #1)

Jaxson

(Riverwise Private Security #1)

Three brothers. Three Secrets. One hope to save the shifters of Seattle.

Former SEAL Jaxson River would give his life for his brothers and his pack, but if he doesn’t claim a mate soon, he’ll be forced to step down as their alpha. There’s only one problem: Jaxson’s dark secret would kill any mate he claimed. With someone kidnapping shifters off the street—and only Jaxson an
Published September 5th 2015 by Sworn Secrets Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Jaxson, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Jaxson

Sep 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
ARC received from author for review

Three sexy, shifter brothers...yum. Jaxson is not only a shifter but a former SEAL...double yum. There's lots of action, plus a great romance and steamy sex. The scene with her aunt and Jaxson reminds me a lot of the end of the Dark Alpha series.

Who is Agent Smith? What's Jace's curse? What happened to Jared? So many questions.
Cheesecake
Jaxson the depressed alpha and Olivia the ditzy curvy girl.
I listened to this on audio and the readers, Douglas Berger and Delisha Forest, do a fine job.

I just didn't feel engaged listening to this one. I fast forwarded quite a bit in the middle.
Olivia the curvy 'woe is me' I'm not worthy of him, down on her luck heroine 'rescues' Jaxson from some bad guys. Jaxson the hot shifter with a secret, then rescues her. One thing leads to another and Olivia is now his security company's secretary. Thi
Bj
3.5 "Spell Defying Love" Stars for the story and 4.5 Stars for the narration.

Reminiscent of a fairy tale like UF/PNR tale, Jaxon is an interesting, quick (just under 6 hours) tale. The debut of the River Pack Wolves Series appears to be laying down the framework for a band of shifter brothers who each have their own secret reasons for being unable to take on a mate and thus assume the alpha role for the pack, even as each book in the series tells the journey of how one brother finds his love mat
Ashleyjo
Nov 02, 2015 rated it it was ok
It's a little different para workings than as per usual. So, it was nice to not have the same old same old worn out storyline.

The characters are likable enough.

The writing style is well enough, although I prefer first person. The sentences aren't overly fluffed! There are, however, times that the author gets a little to step-by-step in the action and planning sequences.

The romance is insta-love, but it's cute'c, HEA, standalone, lightening pace romance.. So I expected insta-love.

The suspense
Lover of Romance
Dec 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
This review was originally posted on Addicted To Romance Summary
Jaxson, an ex navy seal and shifter, is the only one of the three brothers that is looked at as the alpha of the pack. Jaxson knows that he will need to take a mate, but Jaxson is keeping a deadly secret, one that could cost his future mate. But with the dangers to his pack, in an attempt to go undercover to discover the reason behind wolves going missing he is "rescued" by a woman with only a phone. So he ends up saving her an
CC

This was pretty good. It was quick. The hero was a good guy. The heroine was also a good chick. I enjoyed them together.

But the author rehashed a plot from one of her other series that I HATE. The heroine has to help the hero date other women to find a mare. While they are both attracted to each other. And he had kissed her. It ended up being very short lived so this did not kill the book for me.

BUT there was another major pet peeve. How do big strong manly men manage to always get attacked by
Hollie
A good start to the series

This was a fun shifter read. While it did have that "insta-love" feel to it, I still liked the characters and the plot was fast paced. I was also pleased to find this offered on kindleunlimited. It's likely I will continue this series.
Mandi Schreiner
Aug 17, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: pnr
I listened to this for an audio review - it was pretty good - I'd give it a B-

Full review coming
Judi Easley
Jun 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Paranormal romance readers
Recommended to Judi by: Author
My Disclaimer: I was provided a free ecopy of this book by subscribing to the author’s newsletter. I am providing an honest review for which I am receiving no compensation of any kind. All opinions are fully my own.

~ Judi E. Easley for Blue Cat Review

My Review: 4-Stars

This book was a very pleasant surprise. It is well-written with well-developed characters and a pretty good storyline. There is violence in it, but there always is with shifters. And there is some pretty hot sex in it. For which th
Lola
Jan 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
Jaxson is a great start of a new series. I was in the mood for a good paranormal romance and that's exactly what I got. Jaxson starts off as a typical paranormal romance, but slowly more original touches got added and by the end I was really enjoying this book. Both main characters have a secret that adds something interesting to the story. This is mostly a paranormal romance, there is a bit of a suspense/ military plot line that's set-up here, but doesn't get resolved. So my guess is the next t ...more
Lorna
May 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
(RabidReads.com)The more I listen to books, the more I fall in love with listening instead of reading. So when I was able to get this book on audio-even though I already had bought the book-I pretty much jumped at the chance. I received this from Listen Up in exchange for a fair and honest review.

Olivia Lilyfield is a young woman trying to make her own way in Seattle after being orphaned at twelve. She’s gone through a bunch of bad jobs and has just walked out of her latest catastrophe of a job,
Sammy Loves Books
Jaxson

description

Sexy, short read with wolf shifters and a few witches. Not a lot of angst or communication issues. I prefer external conflict in place of unnecessary drama and this series doesn't waste time with ridiculous drama.
Coucher de soleil
Anita
This is probably one of those guilty pleasure romances that is enjoyable for all the right and wrong reasons. This book has it's fair share of cliches and tropes and logic holes, but the characters are lovely, the romance was just the right amount of angsty and sweet, and most importantly, I was entertained, and I liked it.

Possible full review to come... maybe.
Kristi
Nov 13, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A good read. It was a quick and fast pace story with plenty of action, drama and romance with some hot sex scenes. Jaxson and Olivia are a great couple and I loved getting to know them. I love the way they balanced each other out.

Rating: R+ (language and sexual content, some violence)
Language: profanity and use of deity throughout the book
Recommend: Yes
momokaachan
Jun 11, 2017 rated it it was ok
It could have been a lot better. The seeds of a good book were there, I think, but there was too much insta-love, too much angst, too many secrets. And too much sex (I can't believe I am saying that).
Teri
Sep 04, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
I received an advanced review copy from the author for a honest review.

More, more, more... Ms. Woods always leaves me wanting more!!

This is a fast paced wolfy novel that doesn't disappoint. You'll fall in love with all the wonderful characters, even those sneaky witches. The mystery surrounding each of their ailments definitely kept me interested.

I'd love to read about Jaxson's pups!!! What will their magic really be like???

Jace... I really don't know what to think about him.

Jared... what hap
Roxy the Fury
Feb 03, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: a-freebie, tcf-2016
Witch and Wolf Love

For about fifty percent of it the story was good. Then we got to the meat of the problems and it still held tight. My only problem was the alpha really let too much happen without stopping it. Not a bad read all together. I might continue the series.
Rabid Reader
Apr 08, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is an enjoyable, fast paced shifter story with great duel narrators. It has an interesting storyline and likeable characters that all have dark secrets. There is intrigue, sacrifice, steaminess, romance and action in this entertaining audiobook. The narrators did excellent jobs, suiting the characters well and both adding to the enjoyment of the story. Jaxson is the pack alpha, he is strong, sexy and determined, and the chemistry between him and Olivia is great. I loved Olivia’s character, ...more
Bronwyn
Jan 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is the first book I've picked up by this author, I'm always on the hunt for new shifter series and I liked that this one was a little different from most.
I felt like we didn't get as much background on Jaxson as we did for Olivia? He was supposed to be the alpha but he really came across as really sweet and not very "take charge". Not saying all alpha's can't be sweet but he was just not "enough" for me. Still a great character but when your the main alpha , you just need a little extra som
Rosie Amber
Jun 10, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: paranormal, romance
Jaxton is book one of the Riverwise Private Security paranormal romance series.

Olivia stumbles upon an attack on a shifter in a dark Seattle alley. She attempts to help the wolf, and distracts his attackers long enough for him to get the upper hand.

Jaxton was investigating suspicious disappearances at a homeless shelter when Olivia stepped into the alley. She intrigued him and he later offered her a job in his office. He also wants her help to seek his perfect mate. Both have secrets and the wo
Jooke
Dec 13, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Probably a bit overrated, but I really enjoyed reading this.

Jaxson, shifter and alpha of his pack, is supposed to find a mate to keep his position in the pack and renew the bonds between different packs. But something keeps him from doing so. Meeting Olivia, a girl with a big secret herself, rocks his world. They can't seem te forget each other nor stay away. How will they solve their secrets and their differences...
Sunshine✰✰✰
I really enjoyed this. It wasn't anything amazing, but I really liked Olivia & Jaxson. The story was simple and quick. There was the typical instant attraction and typical witch vs. shapeshifter. I wish the subplot of the missing shapeshifters was expanded on, but I feel you will get more of that when you continue with the series. Which I'd like to do. :-)
Teri
I thought this was cute. Definitely insta-love. Pretty predictable but I liked the characters, especially Jared. I am looking forward to the rest of the stories. The pace was quick, no wasted dialogue or gratuitous sex just for the sex of adding more sex scenes.
Jennifer, Just beyond normal ♑
I really enjoyed this book. If it didn’t seem like timelines were messed up at the beginning, it would be worth a 4.5
Amy
Apr 19, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I switched between the audiobook (1-15) and ebook (16-end). I enjoyed the narrators and the story. It was a quick easy read that is low on angst.
Caroline Barker
Sep 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I couldn’t wait to get my paws on Alisha Woods‘s latest NA paranormal romance release, Jaxson. After reading the authors other works in this genre, True Alpha and Dark Alpha short story series, and loving every minute of them, I knew I would jump straight into the River Pack Wolves with excitement.

Jaxson is a full length novel told from both Jaxson and Olivia’s point of view. I probably love novels written in this manner best of all as this allows the reader to empathise with more than one chara
Elaine
This is the first in a three part saga each of which concerns the River brothers who are all werewolf shifters, this story focussing on the pack Alpha, Jaxson. The brothers run a highly successful security business with Jaxson, a former SEAL, being the CEO. The current problem facing all shifters in the area is that someone is kidnapping them off the streets and ones that have been released have been severely traumatised by what has happened to them. Jaxson’s personal problem is that he needs to ...more
Brandee (un)Conventional Bookworms
Action, suspense, and great characters! I loved this intro to the River Pack Wolves series. Thanks to Lorna and Lola for the rec! :)

***

I believe I first saw a review of Jaxson @Lola's Reviews but I also saw Lorna's review @Rabid Reads. Regardless which came first, when TWO of my blogging friends are recommending a book, I *had* to read it. And once again, neither Lola nor Lorna steered me wrong. Jaxson was an exciting read and worthy introduction to the River Pack Wolves trilogy. Thanks, ladies!
Kilian Metcalf
May 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
'It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single alpha shifter in possession of a good pack, must be in want of a mate.'

That describes Jaxson exactly. He *must* mate and reproduce to secure the continuity of the River Pack and maintain its prominent place in modern-day Seattle's community of shifters. Unfortunately he labors under a witch's curse that any mate he takes will die. No wonder shifters hate witches.

Olivia is half-witch, but turns her back on her magic heritage because of childh

• Desert Roots (The Wolves of Twin Moon Ranch #6)
  • Destiny of the Female Warrior (Nephilim Warrior, #2)
  • Sword of Inquest (La Patron's Sword #1)
  • Bizarre Life of Sydney Sedrick  (Sydney Sedrick #1)
  • Dilemmas (Highland Wolf Clan #5)
  • To Protect His Mate (Wolfe Brothers, #2)
  • Mending Scars (Others of Edenton, #5)
  • Bound by the Moon
  • Wolf Creek Enforcer (Texas Pack, #2)
  • Lawful Claim (The Sigma Menace #4)
  • Bear My Heir (Shifter Squad Nine, #1)
  • Mending Hearts (The American Soldier Collection, #11)
  • Claiming His Witch (Feral Breed Motorcycle Club, #3)
  • Athena's Raid (Perdition MC, #2)
  • Accidentally Yours (Coyote Bluff #1)
Alisa Woods, New Adult Paranormal Romance Author

GET A FREE STORY: http://smarturl.it/AlisaNewsletter

Reading Order:
Dot Com Wolves (formerly Shifters in Seattle)
Claiming Mia (Book 1)
Saving Arianna (Book 2)
A Christmas Wish (Book 3)

Riverwise Private Security

Wild Love (Book 2)
Wild Heat (Book 3)
Wild One (Book 4)
Wild Fire (Bo

Riverwise Private Security (3 books)
  • Jace (Riverwise Private Security, #2)
  • Jared (Riverwise Private Security, #3)
“Her bare feet pounded the carpet as she ran... and his heart shattered more with each step.” 0 likes