Start by marking “Short & Tall Tales in Goose Pimple Junction (Goose Pimple Junction #3)” as Want to Read:
Short & Tall Tales in Goose Pimple Junction (Goose Pimple Junction #3)

Short & Tall Tales in Goose Pimple Junction

(Goose Pimple Junction #3)

This is not your average Southern town. With a hint of mystery and a lot of laughs, you'll catch a glimpse of everyday life in Goose Pimple Junction in this short story compilation. Short & Tall Tales occurs chronologically between Murder & Mayhem, book 1, and Heroes & Hooligans, book 2, in the Goose Pimple Junction mystery series. Tales is a fun escape that wi ...more
Published September 4th 2015 by Southern Ink Press, an imprint of Blue Publications

To ask other readers questions about Short & Tall Tales in Goose Pimple Junction, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Short & Tall Tales in Goose Pimple Junction

books are love
Feb 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is a entertaining set of stories about the different people in Goose Pimple Junction. My favorite Jack’s getting Tess to say yes. That boy went through alot of hoops to get that yes but also did some corny things that have you swoon. It ends with the kidnapping of aunt Imy. That lady was a hoot with her commercial jingles.

Our characters are on full display with their phrases, quirky and lovable personalities that give us charm that is like a blanket on a cold night. Warm and inviting.
Oct 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
Although this quick escape read is the third book about Goose Pimple Junction, the events contained occur between the first two books and is the response from the author to requests from readers who adore this quirky, small southern community. Readers fell in love with the characters and wanted details about special events in their lives. While you may enjoy it more completely if you have already been introduced to this loveable, zany cast of everyday locals, it can be read and enjoyed as a stan ...more
Jessyca Garcia
Oct 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Short & Tall Tales in Goose Pimple Junction by Amy Metz is a book filled with short stories and one long tale. All the stories are focused around Metz’s characters in her Goose Pimple Junction series. All the stories in this book also connected with each other somehow.

Before reading Short & Tall Tales in Goose Pimple Junction I had not heard of Amy Metz’s Goose Pimple Junction series. Since reading this book I have grown fond of the characters of Goose Pimple Junction. All of
LuAnn
Oct 15, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2015-challenge
I felt right at home in Goose Pimple Junction, TN, from the get go, probably because I live in the same small town in the Bluegrass region of Kentucky. I smiled and nodded my head all through the book because I know these people (or, their counterparts 'round these parts.) I even have a Southern certitude to match the quotation at the beginning of Short and Tall Tales, because my husband's Mamaw used to say it about our younger son, "He don't care which way the wind blows."

Ms. Metz
LORI CASWELL
Oct 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-2015
Dollycas’s Thoughts

Amy Metz is answering questions about things in Goose Pimple Junction. Questions I had myself like How did Johnny Butterfield become police chief? and How did Ima Jean come to live with Louetta? and more in this very fast read. Perfect to hold us over until Rogues And Rascals In Goose Pimple Junction is released.

I really liked the “tall tale” where we learn about Johnny Butterfield’s arrival in Goose Pimple Junction. The quote at the top of chapter one
Jessica Robbins
Feb 10, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: blog-tour, own-kindle
For complete review check out my blog at https://booksaplentybookreviews.blogs...
Ellen Collier
Sep 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fun-cozy-mystery
The colorful cast of GPJ is back with their usual zany antics and hilarious goose pimplisims (?) and Southern sayings. This time, author Amy Metz sheds some light on different characters and their backgrounds with just enough creepiness and crime to give you, well, goose pimples! A fun romp through a Twin Peaks kind of town--enjoyable to read and hard to put down. Amy Metz's breezy, easy style keeps the pages turning as the plot thickens with a satisfying ending. A delight from start to finish!
TAMMY CUEVAS
Oct 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
If life has been too hectic lately, take a trip down yonder to Goose Pimple Junction. Have a seat in Slick and Junebug's Diner, order a glass of sweet tea, and relax a spell. Author Amy Metz's small-town characters are as familiar to me as my hometown neighbors, and I'm sure they will have the same effect on many readers. One of my favorite aspects of the book was the use of a colorful "Southern-ism" to begin each chapter, many of which I've heard all my life.

Although this is book is
Laura Thomas
Oct 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
Reading these short tales was like hanging out with friends. I live in a small Single Tax Colony on the Gulf Coast and I swear I recognized some of these characters. Their accents, use of words, and mannerisms all rang true. And Goose Pimple Junction could be my home town.

Right from the start I was laughing. There’s a scene in the local diner where some ladies are gossiping. It reminded of when I managed a full service gas station. Remember those?

The owner and a bunch of
Kelly
Nov 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
I really like the first Goose Pimple Junction book and was glad to find this short novella between the first two books. I love the colorful characters and I was glad to find out more about Tess and Jack.
Kay (Brigidsmomma) Compton
Oct 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is a collection of short stories and shaggy dog tails that are based on the Goose Pimple Junction mysteries. They explain a bit of the background information of some of the main characters but also provide a bit of comic relief reading. Just a short collection to while away an hour or so.
Phyllis Ring
Sep 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Took this on the road with me and it was just the delightful escape I was hoping for at each day's end: bedtime bite-sized servings of great comic relief. Look forward to reading Amy Metz's longer works now.
Lyn
Oct 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
Enjoyed this book

Thanks so much for all the extra stories and filling in the gaps of information. Love all the characters in the books by this author.
Kathleen
Aug 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Welcome back to Goose Pimple Junction, Tennessee!

In Short & Tall Tales In Goose Pimple Junction, the third book in The Goose Pimple Junction Mystery Series, author Amy Metz provides the readers with five short stories and one novella compilation that answers some questions from the first two books in the series, while also providing a glimpse into the every day life in the picturesque southern small town of Goose Pimple Junction, Tennessee.

The five short stories provi
Abbie G. Caywood
Jul 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Hilarious! Can't wait to read the rest of her books.

I might have been reading about my own deep south relatives and family friends and acquaintances from my childhood. The dialogue is priceless, authentic as it gets! Those southern nuggets of wisdom and certitude hold true as ever even though I spent almost 40 years living and traveling around the world before retirement brought me back to my own version of Goose Pimple Junction!
Carol Ward
Aug 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
Interesting Tale

If you can follow the language (Southern American??) then this is a great story. I had a hard time with it.
Teri Miller
Oct 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
Short and somewhat sweet.

This did fill in some of the blanks, so I recommend it if you are following this series. The recipes are a nice bonus.
Jane Reads
Oct 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, kindle, reviewed
I just read an amazing book, y'all — Short & Tall Tales in Goose Pimple Junction by Amy Metz, Book #1.5 in the Goose Pimple Junction Mystery series.

Amy wrote Short & Tall Tales to answer her readers' burning questions about events that took place between the end of Murder & Mayhem and the beginning of Book #2, Heroes & Hooligans in Goose Pimple Junction, questions such as:
• How did Johnny Butterfield become police chief?
• How did Tess and Jack get engaged?
Deb Tew
Apr 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Southern pride and fried chicken

You will fall in love with the characters in GPJ, real down home southern pride and your mouth will be watering and wanting to taste the good food and laugh at their antics and shenanigans and maybe learn some new lingo. You will remember pickle for sure. Very descriptive and entertaining a must read
Syl
Jun 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
A shortly!

A little read but instilling amusing. This is the third book in the series. Loving these characters and hoping for more mysteries.
Broughps
Jan 13, 2017 rated it it was ok
The novella was good and I liked Jack and Tesses engagement story, but the rest could have been left out.
Pam Mitchell
Babell
Dec 02, 2016
« previous 1 3 next »
interests
photography, baking, writing, gardening, reading, needlepoint

favorite books
mysteries, thrillers, chick lit

about me
I am the author of a humorous mystery series set in the fictional town of Goose Pimple Junction. I live in Louisville, Kentucky with my invisible friends Tess, Jackson, Pickle, Louetta, Martha Maye, Butterbean, Henry Clay, Buck...

Goose Pimple Junction (5 books)
  • Murder & Mayhem in Goose Pimple Junction (Goose Pimple Junction #1)
  • Heroes & Hooligans in Goose Pimple Junction (Goose Pimple Junction Mysteries #2)
  • Rogues & Rascals In Goose Pimple Junction (Goose Pimple Junction #4)
  • Liars & Lunatics in Goose Pimple Junction (Goose Pimple Junction, #5)