Start by marking “Caught in the Glow (The Glower Chronicles, #1)” as Want to Read:
Caught in the Glow (The Glower Chronicles, #1)

Read Book* *Different edition

Caught in the Glow

(The Glower Chronicles #1)

3.8  ·  Rating details ·  204 Ratings  ·  76 Reviews
When she was a child, Avery Harmen watched her father die at the hands of a Glower–a breed of demon that feeds on dreams of fame and glory. Now she secretly protects the rising stars of Los Angeles from the demons that prey on them, determined to make sure her clients never suffer the same fate.

Then Avery finds herself assigned to Colin Ryder, a young indie rocker who just
Published October 13th 2015 by Ink Spark Press

To ask other readers questions about Caught in the Glow, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Caught in the Glow

Dianne
What could be better than a contemporary romance with a troubled rockstar? Add a touch of the paranormal, some great dialogue, one feisty female who bows to no one and of course, the troubled, yet talented rockstar who is keeping as many secrets as our leading lady. Pretty much, you have a delightful smorgasbord of great elements, great writing and great reading called Caught in the Glow by Eva Chase.

Not everyone can see the Glowers, nasty demons who feed on dreams of fame and glory. What better
Stephanie (Bookfever)
Caught in the Glow was one of those books I'm very glad to have accepted for review. The story was really great, I enjoyed it so much. It was intriguing, sexy with engaging characters and the writing was so damn good! I'm definitely a fan of this story and world!

This story is about Avery Harmen, who when she was a child witnessed her father dying at the hands of a Glower, which, as the synopsis says are "a breed of demon that feeds on dreams of fame and glory". Years later Avery works as a Tethe
Lorna
Oct 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
3.5/5 stars (PureTextuality.com)A new kind of demon, well at least new to me, and a story that takes place among rock celebrities? Count me in! At first, I wasn’t really sure about the premise once I got into the book, but I stuck with it, and it really got better as I read.

Avery is the daughter of a rock legend, one that died way too soon. Avery and her mom witnessed the death, as they walked in on the Glower that was draining his energy. Glowers are demons that feed off of artistic energy of a
Amity
Nov 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I stayed up till 2 am to finish this. I liked it. I really liked it.

Caught in the Glow is about an organization that protects artist from a breed of demon that feeds on dreams of fame and glory. Avery was assigned to Colin Ryder, a young indie rocker who just landed a major label deal.

I ended up thinking about two things while reading this:
1. I have always loved this genre. I like how authors mix contemporary with the supernatural. It was exciting and well written.

2. This reminds me a lot of a
Eva Chase
Sep 04, 2015 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: i-wrote
Hey readers! I can't wait to share Caught in the Glow with you. :) You can click the "Download eBook" link above to check out the first two chapters!
Brianna Maddox
Oct 08, 2015 rated it really liked it
I received an ARC copy in exchange for an honest review from the author. It does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.

Full Review on Brianna's Bookish Confessions.

I thoroughly enjoyed this book! When the author contacted me about her book and told me it was new adult romance with a paranormal element, I was all in. I’m not that familiar with new adult paranormal; only YA. YA paranormal is one of my all time favorite genres and I have Twilight to thank for that. This was
CeeCeeSugaPie
Nov 09, 2015 rated it it was ok
I liked the premise, but I just didn't feel connected to the characters. I wish there has been more back & forth between the 2 MCs leading up to the more romantic parts.
Coco.V
Oct 19, 2017 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebies
FREE on Amazon today (10/19/2017)!
Emmeline (The Book Herald)
I kindly received a copy of this book from Ink Spark Press via NG in return for an honest review.

Rating- 3.5 stars.

"I saw my first Glower when i was seven years old...that was when i learned that artistic passion could consume a person, literally."

Avery Harmen is part of the Tether Society,
A secret society who protects artists with brilliant talents from the demons/Glower who would mark them, sucking the life and joy away from them until the artist kills themselves.
No one knows this happen
LovesAllThingsBooks Book Reviews
I thought this was a great first book. It was unlike anything I've read before. The story was entertaining and kept me on the edge waiting to see what would happen next.

Avery has the ability to see the demons that feed off of the joy that comes from fame and she works hard to protect her clients from harm. When she is assigned to Colin Ryder emotions get caught up in the mix.

At first I wasn't a big fan of Colin, he has that cocky bad-boy rocker thing going on but when he began to show his true p
Kari (BookandCoffeeLover)

Though the plot of the book had me intrigued, the romance had me wary. However, I was pleasantly surprised! Caught in the Glow was interesting and the paranormal aspect was explained well without being overwhelming. The characters were great and were fleshed out nicely. The romance was believable and realistic. A fast paced, enjoyable paranormal romance.
Shelia Williams
Jul 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved the characters and the storyline. It have me on the edge of my seat from start to finish. Avery and Colin was awesome. I just love paranormal contemporary romances and Eva wrote a good one. It is a highly must read and I will be recommending it to my friends.
*Lily's*

**I would like thank Netgalley, Patchwork Press and the author Eva Chase for a free digital copy of this book in exchange for my honest opinion**

Caught in the Glow is a Contemporary and Paranormal book about a rock star and demons. What a great combination.

Avery , is daughter of a rocker dad who overdosed when she was seven. She's now nineteen and in the Tether Society, she helps does who are artistically talented from having Glowers suck the energy out of them, that's what happened to her dad
Christina J.
Oct 12, 2015 rated it really liked it
*Review copy provided from the author in exchange of honest review*
*Spoiler free*

Caught in the Glow was one nice surprise!
It's like a New Adult book, but mixed with just the right amount of paranormal.

Avery Harmens' father died when she was just a child, he died at the hands of Glower- demons that feed on fame and glory. Now she wants to make sure that what happened to her father won't happen to others.
She gets assigned to Colin Ryder, who is already in the Glower's sights. She has to make
Mandy Parmenter
Sep 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A Glower is a demon that feeds of humans - specifically their dreams, triumphs and glory achieved - usually in the area of arts and music. Avery Harmen watcher her famous musician father die at the hands of one when she was a child, so is now working for an organisation that uses people like Avery who have seen them to protect rising stars from the Glowers.

Colin Ryder is a young rocker who is on the up having landed his first big contract. Avery is assigned to protect him but has to deal with hi
Jessica Mitchell
Dec 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
If you like books with different creatures try this one.
Glower's are the new breed of demons in the human world. They mark their target and give them fame, fortune, or what ever they desire.... They they will suck the life from you after.
Aubrey had seen this creature suck her fathers life at the last moment when she spotted him. Now she protects up and coming music artist or what ever talented person needs protected. But at the moment her newest charge doesn't want or need her. But that's not C
LunalandBooks
Oct 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. This is definitely a must read for paranormal romance readers. The concept is truly genius and refreshing that i was constantly on the edge of my seat. I do have a slight issue with the hero being involved with OW but that was before anything started happening between him and the heroine so in this circumstance i can look pass this as This book was amazing. I am really excited for the next books in the series to come out as i would like to see more of the secondary characters ...more
Christina Oswald
Nov 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this first book in The Glower Chronicles. It can be read as a standalone.
When Avery witnesses the act of a glower as a young child, she becomes able to see a glower for what they are. When she's older, she becomes a protector from the glowers. Avery is assigned to up and coming rocker Colin Ryder.
Avery is attracted to Colin and sees past his self destructive ways.
Will she be able to protect Colin from the glowers?
This paranormal romance is new and different. I loved it. The w
Stacey
Nov 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I read thus book for a honest review
The cover is one that grabs you , the story doesn't leg you down .
The once us a very steady read that flows well .
I love avery her character is great a girl after my own heart .
Colin mmmmm yum yum yum I would .
This book was a fun read and a easy 4 starts
Beautifulday4makeup The-book-and-Me
I received the ebook in exchange for an honest review. The book is full of magic, but it is clearly a young adult book. It's not suited for teens below the age of 18. Me, as a tween, loved reading it and I couldn't put it down. I just read it in one day. Does that say enough?
Desiree reilly
Jun 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
First the cover was differentI received the book for a review and this my review

The book about the tether who protect the rich and the spoiled kids of the world. You see my dad was musician and ran a studio and mom and i were going to bring him lunch one day and surprise him.He not been his self at home when he came home he seem disconnected to the what was going around him.

My name is Avery i went to the school for the music i am drummer and dam good at it but i need to work so i go get the job
Sandra
Aug 03, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: ebooks, own-it
3.5 stars Clever idea with the Glowers – demons that feed on creativity and artistic passion – and the Tethers people who can see them after witnessing a death by Glower. This made an interesting paranormal background for what is quite clearly a romance. While the story itself is fairly short story it was long enough to get a good sense of both the world and our 2 main characters Avery & Collin. Collin was fine but I definitely liked Avery better for a couple of reasons. 1. The story is told ...more
KelticKat
Jul 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: free-author
Have to say this was the a great "ride" for me - Really loved the characters, the storyline & the depth that I found in this story.

Avery & Colin - two pretty broken people, with fears and insecurities holding them back. Loved that this story took them through find each other and some pretty "steamy" chemistry - to facing their fears and starting out on a new road together. Oh, yeah - a dash of "paranormal" just to keep things interesting.

Overall, this was a win in my books - and on my sh
Jennifer Holzapfel
Apr 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
When Avery was seven, she and her mother watched her musician father dying, a glowing demon sucking the life out of him. Her and mother joined The Society, a group that uses magical means to protect musicians from the glowers. Only people who have watched them take a life can even see them. to others they appear perfectly normal.
She is the third member of The Society to take on the case of rocker Colin Ryder, a guy she went to a music school with. She has always liked him, and she does all she c
Coral
Nov 30, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: fluff, romance
This is a paranormal romance with an interesting premise: there are preternatural creatures that feed off of talented artists, and there's a secret society of people who try to stop them.

The execution of the premise is ... almost there? I feel like this could be really good, with one more run through the draft-and-rewrite cycle. It just feels a little bit stilted, a bit more formulaic than she probably meant it to come off.

It's still an entertaining read, and for $0 on the Kindle store, I regr
Linda
Mar 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is a great mix of two types of popular romance themes - paranormal and rock star. You have a woman named Avery that is determined to save others from demons like the one that killed her father to still his fame and glory. She protects talented people in LA like Colin who is an up and coming rock star. Colin also attracts Avery's attention in a personal way.

I liked the interesting new storyline and enjoyed the story. I recommend you read it if you enjoy paranormal romances like I do. There
Tiffany Noble
Dec 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I was having trouble with my romance novels so I thought to put them aside. Scrolling through my kindle bookshelves I forgot what most of the books there were about. Caught in the Glow had a nice cover and interesting title. It also was gifted to me through Instafreebie. So I wasn't expecting romance. I wasn't expecting the twist within the story either. I was really shock how a simple story could be so complex. The flow of the story was just right for my taste. It's a must read for sure. Now I ...more
Margaux Espinosa
Aug 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was an interesting concept and the characters were great. The story was fun, compelling, sexy and romantic. I thoroughly enjoyed it. I’m not a huge fan of reading series that have separate main characters for each book, so I’m not sure I will continue reading this series. But the demons or “Glowers” are a really cool concept so I may be intrigued enough to pick up the next book at some point.
Jessica
Oct 07, 2017 rated it it was ok
2.5 I didn’t rate it low because it’s a bad story, but more along the lines I couldn’t personally connect with it.
This story is about the otherworldly creatures that live off the talents of people, feeding off their success. And how one young women must save a man from being caught in the glow for his music career.
Tanya
Sep 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
I've enjoyed my fair share of supernatural reads, even with that this concept/idea was a first for me. There is a bit of romance between, it isn't over kill but at times, you was lead to wonder if it would even happen. I enjoyed the creative story idea behind this one. Not a very long read, but a good one.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • Wish for Me (The Djinn Order, #1)
  • The Emerald Tablet (Legends of Amun Ra, #1)
  • Unelmoija: Paradox (Weeia, #5)
  • Dreamweavers
  • The Art of My Life (New Smyrna Beach #4)
  • On Raven's Wings (Hell Bent/Heaven Sent #1)
  • Victoria's Demon Lover
  • Seven Days (Seven Days, #1)
  • Prisoner of Poseidon (Villain's Love #2)
  • Witch Upon a Star
  • Black Blood (Black Bloods, #1)
  • Breaking Rules
  • Timeless
  • Stone of Thieves (Robbin' Hearts Series #2)
  • Falling for You (Second Chance, #1.5)
  • If Only I Had...
  • Erlöst (Colours of Love #2.5)
  • Georgetown Academy: Book Four
Eva Chase lives in Canada with her family. She loves stories both swoony and supernatural, and strong women and the men who appreciate them. You can visit her online at www.evachase.com.

The Glower Chronicles (5 books)
  • The Morning After (The Glower Chronicles #1.1)
  • Caught in the Rush (The Glower Chronicles, #2)
  • Caught in the Dream (The Glower Chronicles, #3)
  • Caught in the Burn (The Glower Chronicles, #4)

Fantasy & Science Fiction Deals

• World After (Penryn & the End of Days, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fortune's Rising (Outer Bounds #1)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • Angelfall (Penryn & the End of Days, #1)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • End of Days (Penryn & the End of Days, #3)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • The Beginning of the End (Apocalypse Z, #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Going Wild (Going Wild #1)
  • Renegade: The Lost Books, Book 3
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Awakening (The Vampire Diaries, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Making History
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Godsgrave (The Nevernight Chronicle, #2)
    $10.99 $2.99
  • Carve the Mark (Carve the Mark, #1)
    $10.99 $1.99
    $12.99 $3.99
  • Enchantress (Evermen Saga, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Glass Magician (The Paper Magician Trilogy, #2)
  • Let the Right One In: A Novel
  • Come Out Tonight
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Iron Trial (Magisterium #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • First Drop of Crimson (Night Huntress World, #1)
  • Fawkes
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Sticks & Stones (Upside-Down Magic #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Hidden Relic (Evermen Saga, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Soul of the Fire (Sword of Truth #5)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • One Foot in the Grave (Night Huntress, #2)
  • The Witch's Vacuum Cleaner and Other Stories
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Last Namsara (Iskari #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • The Rift Uprising (The Rift Uprising Trilogy #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The Girl from Everywhere (The Girl From Everywhere, #1)
  • A Game of Thrones: The Graphic Novel: Volume One
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Temple of the Winds (Sword of Truth Book 4)
    $9.99 $2.49
  • The Witch's Daughter (The Witch's Daughter, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Winter King: A Novel of Arthur (Warlord Chronicles)
  • Journey to the Center of the Earth
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Riot (Peter Grant, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Venom in the Veins (Elemental Assassin, #17)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The City of Brass (The Daevabad Trilogy, #1)
    $11.99 $1.99
  • I, Robot
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Wizard's First Rule (Sword of Truth, #1)
    $8.99 $2.49
  • Running with the Demon (Word & Void #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Infomocracy (The Centenal Cycle, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Atopia Chronicles (Atopia, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Stone of Tears (Sword of Truth Book 2)
    $9.99 $2.49
    $5.99 $2.49
  • Broken Pride (Bravelands, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Quicksilver (The Baroque Cycle, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Sweep in Peace (Innkeeper Chronicles, #2)
    $4.99 $1.49
  • Immortal: Love Stories with Bite
    $8.99 $1.99
  • The Book of the Unnamed Midwife (The Road to Nowhere, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Witch's Reign (Desert Cursed, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Into the Fire  (The Thin Veil #2)