Start by marking “Excess” as Want to Read:
Excess

Excess

4.02  ·  Rating details ·  318 Ratings  ·  69 Reviews
NINA
When I was twenty-eight years old, I wrote my own winning lottery ticket. A simple idea thrust me onto the fast track to wealth, and into a world I had only ever dreamt about. I submerged myself in the unfamiliar, a life that seemed all too alluring … until it lost its appeal.

I made my fortune, built my castle, and then exiled myself within its comforts once reality
Kindle Edition, 2nd, 304 pages
Published May 23rd 2017 by Kate Stewart (first published September 2nd 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Excess, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Excess

*****FIVE OUT OF THIS WORLD HOT STARS*****

I read this entire series two years ago when it was released under Kate Stewart's other pen name, Angelica Chase! It is to this day, my favorite Erotica series! Never have I been torn between two leading men! I simply couldn't choose between the two until I got to almost the end of the last book.
Now Kate has re-released this series but under her real name and also she's combined them all into one book! You simply must check this one out and it's currentl
Christy
May 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Kate Stewart writes outside of the box with Excess. This book is not your average romance. I love not knowing if I’m supposed to love a character or not. About not knowing whats going to happen. In a romance genre with so many predictable stories, it’s such a refreshing change.

Nina is a heroine who is fed up with the way her life is. Things have changed for her when she made her fortune, and not all these changes have been good. Devin McIntyre is the man who Nina fell for. She wanted him. She n
Jenny
Jun 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
Holy cow!!!! I went into this reading two reviews and knew it would be intense, but wow......

This book is broken into three parts (previously 3 short novels) all rolled into one delicious book. We are first introduced to Nina Scott. An emotionally messed up woman that struck it rich by building a multimillion dollar business, she falls in love with the wrong man, right?? She is independent and building her life, seemingly all by herself. She leaves one emotional mess to gain another. My heart h
Astrid - ☆Vanilla & Spice Books☆
Review @ Vanilla & Spice Books

My thoughts and feelings are a bit jumbled after finishing this story so I hope my review will be somewhat coherent. I am not going to summarize the plot. The synopsis is fairly self-explanatory.

O what a tangled web we weave
When first we practice to deceive.

This book was previously released as a series of novellas and when you start reading you get a lot of Nina's POV. Being the scorned woman that she is she doesn't make Devin look very good and you wonder
Malene_D *BadAndDirtyBooks*
May 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, fav-author
I read Excess two years ago when it was released as a series of three books and now that I've read it again I'm even more crazy about this story and in awe of Kate Stewart's talent. She's able to write whatever she sets her mind to and make it damn intriguing and addictive. Whether it's romcom, angsty romance or suspenseful erotica with an edge. Stewart succeeds every time.

Excess is one hell of a sexy, dirty and twisted ride but the good kind cause I was entertained from start to finish. I got h
Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
4 ★'s

Excess consists of three novellas that Kate Stewart wrote under another pen name, Angelica Chase. I believe this is my first Angelica Chase book and even though it is classified as erotica, I love Kate Stewart's books so much that I was willing to give it a try. Oh, it's also Romantic Suspense but I'll get to that later.

I'm going to talk about the story as it is broken up into three parts: Opulence #1, Reverence #2 and Hindrance #3. The stories blend together seamlessly but the first two
Paige
4 Opulent Stars

Opulence is the first book in a three part serial. It follows Nina, a newly wealthy divorcee as she is trying to erradicate her life of her former lover, Devin. She recently finds that he has a wife and after one last hookup, she decides she needs to totally rid him from her life. During this process she meets Adien, a bar owner she first saw singing and playing the guitar. Nina is trying to find where she feels comfortable in her lifestyle. Right now everything is very murky as s
Deanna❤Pink Lady❤️
 photo IMG_3717_zpsvdx1oagq.jpg

Excess is a book that is made up of three novellas previously written under the pen name Angelica Chase. An erotic triangle with many twists and turns. The first novella starts out in the heroine's POV and then the second and third ones are done in multiple POVs to get a better understanding of each of the main characters.

Nina, Devin, and Aiden weave a tangled web. This triangle is not an ordinary one. There are lies and secrets that create a shroud of mystery. What looks to be clear cut is act
Kim Bailey
OMFG, I need a fan.
Seriously.
That just may have been the sexiest, most alluring book I've ever read.
And that ending?! BAM! Holy Hell!

Not only did Kate Stewart write a book that is (wonderfully) full of sexy times, she also managed to create a set of compelling and complex characters. I found myself falling head-over-heels for the anti-hero (AGAIN).
The plot kept me guessing at every single turn -- I'm not easily fooled or surprised, but I found myself shocked a few times throughout this story.
T
Angela (Reading Frenzy Book Blog)
Excess is comprised of three novellas that make up the Excess series: Opulence, Reverence, and Hindrance. Each one ends with a surprising cliffhanger that will leave you jonesing for more. By combining them into one book, you can just grab some hard liquor (because you’ll definitely need it), pop some popcorn, and settle in for an entertaining day of binge reading.

The synopsis warns that if you are not a fan of erotic sex then this is not the book for you. If you look up the word “erotic” in a t
CC
This book was previously published as a trilogy under the pen name, Angelica Chase.
If you haven’t already read this one, I highly recommend!!

Amazon

My Reviews for the Excess Series:

Opulence (The Excess, #1)
4.5 Stars!!

Reverence (The Excess, #2)
4.5 Stars!!

Hindrance (The Excess, #3)

Kate Stewart
Sep 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: my-books
*).•EXCESS is LIVE .•*)

Grab your copy of Excess for only 99¢ for a limited time or read for FREE with Kindle Unlimited!

US➜ http://amzn.to/2qTnEDC
UK ➜http://amzn.to/2rObw4H

photo 18620279_1580605871973782_8164033713234128418_n_zpsgxfcdfi5.jpg
AC Book Blog (Anne Christine)
My rating: 4.5 Stars

"I've loved you for as long as you've loved me, Nina."

"Two weeks ago, I would have forgiven you."

Holy smoke! This book is dirty, dark and addictive. Excess is a combination of 3 books: Opulence, reverence, and hindrance all in one. Nina made a fortune for herself at the age of 28 – she is beautiful and wealthy but unfortunately unlucky in love. After a nasty divorce, she finds Devin who rocks her world in and outside of the bedroom. She comes to find out he harbors a huge sec
Donna ~ The Romance Cover
May 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-star-2017
Copied over from original reviews of each book purchased individually

Book 1 – Opulence
Book 2 – Reverence
Book 3 – Hindrance

4 stars!!

“I fed his need for dominance; he fed my inner whore.”

Each part of this serial is just over one hundred pages long and all three instalments are out so the story is complete.

Nina was a divorcee and entrepreneur. Since Nina shot to riches with her invention she had always struggled to fit in no matter how hard she tried. The women from the clubs the societies had
Carlabulian
May 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Gente, que série foi essa. Maravilhosa!!!! Uma reviravolta na historia!!!!!! Não terminou como gostaria mas...... Gostaria de falar mais, porém se fizer isso vou dar spoiler. A autora conseguiu brincar com nossa mente direitinho!
Vale muuuuito a leitura.
Maïwenn - Obsessed with Romance
Shelves: fav-authors
Excess by Kate Stewart is completely different from her other works. But it doesn't make it any less amazing. Here's the thing: Kate Stewart masters the art of deliverying powerful stories whichever the genre. It's as simple as that.

This book might not be for everyone as the twist is pretty fucked up but this is what I loved about it. It relates the constant battle of woman consumed by her demons, her weakness, her lust, her love.

It is raw, shady,with secretive characters, lot of angst and betr
Berry•Nice
Jul 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
An absolute stunning hot amazing fascinating and thrilling story.
Love•Lust•Betrayal•Revenge•Forgiveness

Engrossed from page 1 and of course I fell in love however I didn't know if I was wrong to love this character as I felt there was much unknown but as I progressed in the story I didn't care if I was loving the wrong guy cause he was good in my eyes.

The author did an incredible job introducing 2 male characters that you won't know which one! So intense.

*Whoa* I fanned several times througho
Laura Hood
May 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
My mind was officially blown after finishing this book..I was very intrigued by this entire story. Just when I felt it was going to be the same ol' cliche love story of finding out someone had been wronged in some way, then the offensing person had to find their way back into the good graces of the wronged etc etc. I was mistkaen, there is so much more to this book and story. I had a hard time putting thos one down for sure!
Sophie
Sep 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
The Excess Series is, Deliciously Dark, Tantalisingly Twisted and sinfully Sexy!
This whole series will have you hanging off the edge of your seat with all the twists & turns, and trust me when I say they are some MEGA, SHOCKING twists!
While reading, beware you may need to hop into a cold shower a few times as this book is HOT!
5 star series from the lovely Kate Stewart.
Steph's Rom Book Talk
OMFG!!! I don't even know what to say at this point about this book/bundle!! I thought oh I have read Kate Stewart books before, I really enjoyed them, here she is rereleasing something she did before I got to know her.....

Yeah well I should have at least read/looked at which categories this book is usually placed in. DARK, holy shit is this book twisted and dark!!! I LOVED every minute of it, all the frustration for different character's actions, all the back and forth craziness, and OMG that l
Tara The Whore of Book Boyfriends!
Loved loved loved. Completely hot and fiery and full of jam packed action and it definitely is a roller coaster of emotions and events. This is a must read! Secrets and lies will be exposed. Are you ready?
Allison ❤️Will Never Conquer Her TBR❤️
4.5 Stars!

Holy crap on a cracker! This book review is damn near impossible to review without spoiling the ride- and I REFUSE to spoil it. I read all three books separately and since that time, this has been put into one long book- Excess. So I'll attempt to lump my three reviews into one comprehensive review.

This is a love triangle so if that's a hard limit, turn around and walk away. Gah, these men are machines! I seriously don't know which man I'd pick to rock my world. Both men were virile,
Kaitlyn
May 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
Talk about sexy, talk about steam, talk about suspense, and hello you have one hot book!! I wasn't sure where exactly this book was going. I was definitely intrigued but kind of like ok what's next? We'll let me tell you, I never would have guessed! Not in a million years! Never ever ever judge a book by its cover, in this case meaning Aiden or Devin. Pun not really intended!!

So we have Nina, she's trying to weave her way through life after becoming rich. Devin is there to help. Sooo much drama
Raquel
Loved Angelica Chase's prior serial. This set for the most part was 4 stars, very hot, angst/drama, and intriguing story but the last 25-20% really brought it down for me. It was rushed and some stuff felt like it was quickly thrown in there to have some "twist" in the story. I'm all for surprising twists, but It all felt like it came out of left field and not developed enough . Plus Nina got a bit annoying towards the end too.

Book 1: 4 stars

Book 2: 4 stars

Book 3: 2.5 to 3 stars
Glynis Reads
Jun 19, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wow Excess, should be Aiden or Devin?

Who is the good guy? Is there ever a way to know? Nina is torn between too sexy Dom's. Picking the one with the good heart seems hard , and murky! Just when you decide Nina should walk away from both, it gets interesting.
Diane Holtry
May 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing

Opulence:
The chemistry with Aiden and Nina was undeniable; Devin seemed to own a piece of Nina as well given their history. Kate Stewart did an amazing job of interweaving the characters without giving anything away as to where this will end or even the path that will be taken. Nina's sense of being lost is portrayed well. And the sex scenes make it oh so HOT! Along with the intrigue, suspense and mystery that was slowly revealed this makes for a story that has held me capt
Anne
May 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Let me tell you this, this right here is one of the best things I have read this year. Packed with intrigue a great set of characters and some hot sex scenes, it ticked all my boxes.
Nina Scott has lost her way. After becoming a wealthy business woman her life turned upside down when she lost faith with men after being let down by both her ex husband and her lover, Devin.
Will the mysterious "sensitive but dominant lover" Aiden quench Nina's sexual thirst? Who is Aiden really?
What is important
yohanna baez
May 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
OMG i just finished this book and i freaking love it.
I went into this book blank, meaning i didnt read the blurb of the book, by the beginning of the book i know it wasn't a safe read yay,we are to a good start. Next i love suspense and this book definitely kept me on my toes there for a while.I felt like i was on a rollecoster going up and down, and with some very scary turns, best ride of the park right ... i know im all over the place trying to explain my emotions with this book, but that is
Sjf
May 23, 2017 added it
Excess is erotic decadence

If you like your books wrapped in a perfect conformist bow, neat like a coloring book with only coloring in between the lines this isn't the book for you. If you like your books to have hot, broad brush strokes (or key strokes in this case) of vivid color that paint an erotic, sexual picture that can be interpreted different ways and isn't dry (wink, wink, nudge , nudge you won't be when reading it either) and leaves you in a breathless fantasy...then Kate Stewart and E
BadDirtyBooks
May 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Mind. BLOWN. I'M still trying to come to terms with everything I just read. I just popped my Kate Stewart 🍒. My Girl is a diehard fan and continuously raves about her work. MY. TBR List is miles long, but I happen to stumble upon this beautiful disaster and I started reading until I finished it. Sleep didn't matter, work didn't matter, real life was on hold, I was completely spell bound.
The characters were devious, sexy, complicated creatures. Devin is the Alpha Male with the world at his feet.
Kate Stewart lives in Charleston, S.C. with her husband, Nick, and her naughty beagle, Sadie. A native of Dallas, Kate moved to Charleston three weeks after her first visit, dropping her career of 8 years, and declaring it her creative muse. Kate pens messy, sexy, angst-filled contemporary romance as well as romantic comedy and erotic suspense because it's what she loves as a reader. A lover of al ...more
More about Kate Stewart...

“I'm convinced we have each been endowed with a beautiful heart. We may not always see it. We may not even believe it. But it's a gift that came with birth and, every time we act selflessly, it grows a little." ― Steve Goodier” 4 likes
“I could fuck a man like Devin, but I could never keep him.” 1 likes